• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Eeeeyup. Totally suits how I feel about this plus similar situations for any other character. There is bound to be "that guy" who simply states facts without backing them up as their reasonings for why a character can't work. They mostly do it because they feel that their character is more likely or deserving for Smash than your preferred choices. Remember when Pac-Man was seen as completely unlikely and lacked real moveset potential? Good times.
Yup, people shouldn't talk about moveset potential since this is Sakurai we are talking about, and even though I love the Luigi x Daisy couple, I hate it and it puts me on edge when people only remember Daisy for just being "Luigi's girlfriend".

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Welcome! :)

First, thank you for being here and second, thanks for showing us your review and monitoring.

I think like you, about Daisy. I also want her to stop being ignored and she can be in Smash Bros.

Very good images, by the way. Thank you for helping.

I also vote many times for Daisy, remember that we are to vote on different IPs, for the vote to be valid.

Courage!, #DAISYFORSMASH
No prob. And I'm glad you like the pictures.

And don't worry. I voted on a multitude of different computers and connections and such. I'm a student at a local Art Institute so I get around town. so whenever I get the chance I vote for Daisy.

So that was your art that I favorited on DeviantArt? Good work as always man since you actually did her justice with the bright colors (Uncanny Valley aside).

You and I all feel the same way about her. Needing that extra time to shine somewhere that isn't your average Mario spinoff just like the Waluigi fandom, but a bit later. Whether she's in her dress or whatever one time sports outfit she wears, we just want a potentially good moveset that puts Peach's to shame. We are pushing our voices on Sak as much as possible and it would be a miracle if she's considered for DLC (or next Smash to a lesser extent).

With the new list in a secondary post, I'll make sure to add you in a minute. Plus, I've invited you to a group where you can see both Dillon and Takamaru's topics out of interest.
Yup! That was me! And thanks! I'm always drawing something, so once I have some free time from school projects, I'm planning on drawing another Daisy picture for one of my fan art projects.

I've already checked the other topics from the invite you gave me. Thanks again for that. I'm already ready to post a little something on the Takamaru and Dillon topics.

Wow...I think I actually saw that during the Year of Luigi competition along with other Daisy pictures! Shame she never got proper recognition at the time...
Ahh, true... The Year of Luigi was the perfect time to give Daisy -- heck, even Waluigi -- some time to actually get some spotlight. Be it Dr. Luigi, Super Luigi U, and especially Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Those two characters have very strong relationships with Luigi and to still keep them in the shadows was an absolute waste.

A good chunk of the other entries for that contest had plenty LuigixDaisy pictures. And amazingly, a lot of them were the winners! So Nintendo does know that people love this relationship. I'm not much for shipping couples, but this is definitely one of the few that I actually support.

To add a little more on my opinion on Daisy, like everyone on here have already stated, it's a shame that Daisy is so underused. I mean, I feel bad for Waluigi, but Daisy already has an established kingdom with Sarasaland! And sure we had a few Daisy theme courses in Mario Kart, but the last time we actually had a good look at her kingdom was in a Gameboy game. If she's sticking around, then I want to go back to her kingdom instead of reading it in her profile for the umpteen time.

Also, as far as character, Daisy seems to get criticized for "Not having much of a personality" in Mario games. I call bull on this because I think that she's actually one of the more expressive characters in the "main party" group. Most of the Mario characters express themselves from very happy to sort of happy to disappointed to sad. But Daisy stands out because she expresses herself much differently than others, and honestly seems about as down to earth as you can get for Mario characters. She actually seems to express herself more than everyone else by not only being very to sad, but also angry, competitive and frustrated. And not just in the Strikers games. Heck, in her animations in Mario Party 10, she actually stood out in my opinion for being a good guy who's competitive. (Not slamming the other characters by any means... I called myself "Yoshi"-Unity for a reason.)

As for Smash, it's her competitive nature that honestly makes her a natural for the game. Be it a brawler or a agile offensive fighter, Daisy has enough potential to fit most fighting styles considering how many times her strengths have switched throughout the games. Hell, she could actually work has a defensive powerhouse considering that she once slap Bowser to the moon in Mario Party 3, was a defensive captain in Strikers Charged and had a powerful drive that was almost as strong as some of the more powerful Mario characters in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Her Flower Power, Crystal Smash, Sports skills and Spin-off arsenal are plenty to work with. And just from her personality alone, there plenty that could be added for her basic moves. For her idle animation, I wouldn't mind to see her do simple athletic stretches or cracking her knuckles. As a forward throw, I wouldn't mind if she just reels back and releases a massive headbutt that sends her opponent flying. And as a F Smash attack, I wouldn't mind if Daisy used her crown. However, unlike Peach's Forward Aerial A where she swipes the opponent with her crown. I want Daisy to take that crown and straight up punch her opponent with almost a scrappy boxer finesse with it as if it was brass knuckles.

But I have my ideas, and many others do. At the end of the day, the potential is there.

Last edited:

Daibon

Smash Rookie
I've been thinking on this for a long time now. What age do you think Daisy is/would be? I feel like she would be 20 years old.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've been thinking on this for a long time now. What age do you think Daisy is/would be? I feel like she would be 20 years old.
Somewhere in the twenties like Peach, maybe 28? I'd imagine that the plumbers would already be middle aged with their mustaches and "massive" appearances, being at least quite some years older than the princesses (minus the immortal Rosalina). I've always had this headcanon where Mario and Luigi are around 32 years old since they seem so young despite their "age".

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
No prob. And I'm glad you like the pictures.

And don't worry. I voted on a multitude of different computers and connections and such. I'm a student at a local Art Institute so I get around town. so whenever I get the chance I vote for Daisy.

Yup! That was me! And thanks! I'm always drawing something, so once I have some free time from school projects, I'm planning on drawing another Daisy picture for one of my fan art projects.

I've already checked the other topics from the invite you gave me. Thanks again for that. I'm already ready to post a little something on the Takamaru and Dillon topics.

Ahh, true... The Year of Luigi was the perfect time to give Daisy -- heck, even Waluigi -- some time to actually get some spotlight. Be it Dr. Luigi, Super Luigi U, and especially Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Those two characters have very strong relationships with Luigi and to still keep them in the shadows was an absolute waste.

A good chunk of the other entries for that contest had plenty LuigixDaisy pictures. And amazingly, a lot of them were the winners! So Nintendo does know that people love this relationship. I'm not much for shipping couples, but this is definitely one of the few that I actually support.

To add a little more on my opinion on Daisy, like everyone on here have already stated, it's a shame that Daisy is so underused. I mean, I feel bad for Waluigi, but Daisy already has an established kingdom with Sarasaland! And sure we had a few Daisy theme courses in Mario Kart, but the last time we actually had a good look at her kingdom was in a Gameboy game. If she's sticking around, then I want to go back to her kingdom instead of reading it in her profile for the umpteen time.

Also, as far as character, Daisy seems to get criticized for "Not having much of a personality" in Mario games. I call bull on this because I think that she's actually one of the more expressive characters in the "main party" group. Most of the Mario characters express themselves from very happy to sort of happy to disappointed to sad. But Daisy stands out because she expresses herself much differently than others, and honestly seems about as down to earth as you can get for Mario characters. She actually seems to express herself more than everyone else by not only being very to sad, but also angry, competitive and frustrated. And not just in the Strikers games. Heck, in her animations in Mario Party 10, she actually stood out in my opinion for being a good guy who's competitive. (Not slamming the other characters by any means... I called myself "Yoshi"-Unity for a reason.)

As for Smash, it's her competitive nature that honestly makes her a natural for the game. Be it a brawler or a agile offensive fighter, Daisy has enough potential to fit most fighting styles considering how many times her strengths have switched throughout the games. Hell, she could actually work has a defensive powerhouse considering that she once slap Bowser to the moon in Mario Party 3, was a defensive captain in Strikers Charged and had a powerful drive that was almost as strong as some of the more powerful Mario characters in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Her Flower Power, Crystal Smash, Sports skills and Spin-off arsenal are plenty to work with. And just from her personality alone, there plenty that could be added for her basic moves. For her idle animation, I wouldn't mind to see her do simple athletic stretches or cracking her knuckles. As a forward throw, I wouldn't mind if she just reels back and releases a massive headbutt that sends her opponent flying. And as a F Smash attack, I wouldn't mind if Daisy used her crown. However, unlike Peach's Forward Aerial A where she swipes the opponent with her crown. I want Daisy to take that crown and straight up punch her opponent with almost a scrappy boxer finesse with it as if it was brass knuckles.

But I have my ideas, and many others do. At the end of the day, the potential is there.
And yet there still gullible people who believe MatPat with the Rosalina's parents theory, when there's more than enough proof that Luigi and Daisy are head over heels for each other, oh well to each their own.

Last edited:

Daibon

Smash Rookie
Somewhere in the twenties like Peach, maybe 28? I'd imagine that the plumbers would already be middle aged with their mustaches and "massive" appearances, being at least quite some years older than the princesses (minus the immortal Rosalina). I've always had this headcanon where Mario and Luigi are around 32 years old since they seem so young despite their "age".
Daisy's personality seems very...young though, but still mature enough for us to think she's done with her teenage years. Speaking of that, since we have a baby version of her, I'D love it if we could flashback to when she was a teen.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Daisy's personality seems very...young though, but still mature enough for us to think she's done with her teenage years. Speaking of that, since we have a baby version of her, I'D love it if we could flashback to when she was a teen.
You may be right, she could actually be younger. But that's the theorist in me who thinks that a middle aged man shouldn't be dating a much younger princess.

Now that you mention seeing Daisy in the teenage years, let's hope that she had not dealt with this as a kid when anyone in Sarasaland talks about Peach.

D

Deleted member

But thinking about their ages is weird, because...they're never going to get any older.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Daisy is younger than Peach, this information is in the wikipedias.
In addition, all they take for granted, because Peach "bore" earlier in the games.

Also, I've noticed that the skin of Daisy for Peach in Melee was much better than now.

#DAISYFORSMASH

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
But thinking about their ages is weird, because...they're never going to get any older.
I just don't like the idea of guessing the ages of Mario humans.

Even Mario and Luigi have faces that are supple and wrinkle free. Plus a 40 year old Luigi with 20 year old Daisy is not a nice thought to have.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think we only perceive Mario and Luigi as older because of their moustaches but as today's terrible college fashions have taught us, it's not just for old men any more.

Seriously though, dyed moustaches. That's what's cool these days.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I found this interesting channel that focuses on a live-action Princess Daisy and other stuff!

Here are two sample videos!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're approaching the final month so make sure you've voted and remember your phones have seperate IP addresses so disable their wi-fi and make your case twice or vote for your number 2.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
We're approaching the final month so make sure you've voted and remember your phones have seperate IP addresses so disable their wi-fi and make your case twice or vote for your number 2.
I haven't actually voted yet.... :(

I'm trying to muster up the courage so my vote for Daisy can really count.

Maybe suggest that she's more than a clone of Peach but was ignored horribly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I haven't actually voted yet.... :(

I'm trying to muster up the courage so my vote for Daisy can really count.

Maybe suggest that she's more than a clone of Peach but was ignored horribly.
Do you need some help? OK gang, 500 character essay on why Daisy is great, and not the same one you used.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Haven't posted here in a little bit. Just been lurking over you all... watching... Anyway, here's some Daisy! I got bored and drew it on "Art Academy: Sketch Pad"

Sorry there's no cool background. I'm kind of lazy... And bad at backgrounds... Maybe I'll draw one in sometime, in the meantime I hope you like it!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Haven't posted here in a little bit. Just been lurking over you all... watching... Anyway, here's some Daisy! I got bored and drew it on "Art Academy: Sketch Pad"

Sorry there's no cool background. I'm kind of lazy... And bad at backgrounds... Maybe I'll draw one in sometime, in the meantime I hope you like it!
Very nice. I really like the hair shape.

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
Considering Baby Daisy has been portrayed to come from the same time as and is portrayed as the same age as Baby Peach, then she's around 24 years old. This is because Mario and Luigi are canonically stated to be 26, and the Partners in Time game shows that the Bros were toddlers when Peach was an infant.

Edit: Fun Fact: this also means that Bowser is either between 26-30 due to being a toddler when Mario was an infant. DK, Yoshi, and Wario are also 26 then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering Baby Daisy has been portrayed to come from the same time as and is portrayed as the same age as Baby Peach, then she's around 24 years old. This is because Mario and Luigi are canonically stated to be 26, and the Partners in Time game shows that the Bros were toddlers when Peach was an infant.

Edit: Fun Fact: this also means that Bowser is either between 26-30 due to being a toddler when Mario was an infant. DK, Yoshi, and Wario are also 26 then.
I kind of like to think of the Mushroom World as Neverland, in the sense that the characters seem to endlessly go on adventures in a world where no one gets any older. That is, once they're done maturing. Except for the characters that are already really old. They just stay old. You know what, forget it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I kind of like to think of the Mushroom World as Neverland, in the sense that the characters seem to endlessly go on adventures in a world where no one gets any older. That is, once they're done maturing. Except for the characters that are already really old. They just stay old. You know what, forget it.
Nintendo logic my dear friend, Nintendo logic.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I wonder, after all this time, what characters have a very noticeable drop in votes in the ballot compared to when the ballot started, Daisy is still a common sight there thanks to the efforts of her dedicated fans, but what characters have become much less common compared to when the ballot began?

Daibon

Smash Rookie

Sounds pretty logical.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
On a slightly off topic note, does anyone still hope that Mushroom Kingdom Warriors becomes a thing? I would love to see how Koei-Tecmo represents the Mario cast like how they made the Zelda characters so badass

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
On a slightly off topic note, does anyone still hope that Mushroom Kingdom Warriors becomes a thing? I would love to see how Koei-Tecmo represents the Mario cast like how they made the Zelda characters so badass
What? Is this true? Because I never heard of this before.....

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
I hoped Fire Emblem Warriors would be a thing so I can play with FE characters outside Smash without the turn-based gameplay.

Daisy has been getting her own share of support Miiverse lately.

EDhog25's Daisy post

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
D

Deleted member

What? Is this true? Because I never heard of this before.....
I mean, it would be cool, but also kind of weird, just mowing down hordes of goombas and whatnot. I'd buy it, though. Hyrule Warriors is tons of fun. And Daisy would surely be playable, but that goes without saying. It's more like who wouldn't be playable in a game like that.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
I mean, it would be cool, but also kind of weird, just mowing down hordes of goombas and whatnot. I'd buy it, though. Hyrule Warriors is tons of fun. And Daisy would surely be playable, but that goes without saying. It's more like who wouldn't be playable in a game like that.
Nintendo should save that for NX Hype games. I love to play as Rosalina too also Daisy.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
They've already announced interest in working with Mario shortly after the release of Hyrule Warriors. I myself wouldn't mind a thing to happen since there's some much that can be done with the weapon system and certain spinoff characters (especially Daisy).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...cer_would_love_to_work_with_mario_and_company
Well it would be a great idea then, I keep hearing some fans asking if Nintendo has truly shown any hint about considering or showing that they are acknowledging that Daisy is requested by fans, the only thing that has been shown is her recent copyrighting, other than that nothing else, unless I am missing something.

D

Deleted member

They've already announced interest in working with Mario shortly after the release of Hyrule Warriors. I myself wouldn't mind a thing to happen since there's some much that can be done with the weapon system and certain spinoff characters (especially Daisy).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...cer_would_love_to_work_with_mario_and_company
Lol, someone in the comments jokingly suggested an Animal Crossing Warriors game. Now that would be ridiculous!
The more I think about it, though, I think a Warriors-style game set in the Mushroom Kingdom would actually work just fine. I mean look at Hammer Slam Bowser and Donkey Kong in Skylanders. It'd probably be a lot like that, just more baddies.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
I wish more fans like you understood us, all we get from haters are: "Daisy is irrelevant!", "She is just a Peach clone" or "She is not as important as Peach and Rosalina and never will be!".
Yeah Rosalina was inserting but she was not that popular before 3D and Smash Bros appearance.
Nintendo should listen to the Daisy fans. It might make sense to have a semi clone for DLC.

D

Deleted member

Yeah Rosalina was inserting but she was not that popular before 3D and Smash Bros appearance.
Nintendo should listen to the Daisy fans. It might make sense to have a semi clone for DLC.
Well, to be honest I think Daisy fans were pretty quiet before 3D World and Sm4sh.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, to be honest I think Daisy fans were pretty quiet before 3D World and Sm4sh.
Well, that was because people didn't expect Mario to get a lot of new characters. After Sakurai surprised us with Rosalina, Doc and Bowser Jr, there was little reason to stay quiet.

:231:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well, that was because people didn't expect Mario to get a lot of new characters. After Sakurai surprised us with Rosalina, Doc and Bowser Jr, there was little reason to stay quiet.

:231:
This classic sums it up PERFECTLY.

Top Bottom