• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I haven't actually voted yet.... :(

I'm trying to muster up the courage so my vote for Daisy can really count.

Maybe suggest that she's more than a clone of Peach but was ignored horribly.
Why? Think about it, one vote better than zero votes.
Think about why Daisy should be in Smash.

Come on! We can! The hope is the last to die! :)
They've already announced interest in working with Mario shortly after the release of Hyrule Warriors. I myself wouldn't mind a thing to happen since there's some much that can be done with the weapon system and certain spinoff characters (especially Daisy).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...cer_would_love_to_work_with_mario_and_company
On this issue, I would like a Mario Bros Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors.

It would be exciting to see Daisy and Chrom as playable characters, in a game of hardness as Dynasty Warriors saga.
In addition, other characters from both sagas.

Daisy would be confirmed for that game, for sure. For a game of saga Dynasty Warriors must have at least 15 or 20 characters.

*Don't forget, keep voting for Daisy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Cast of MK Warriors huh? The cast is easy, deciding their fighting style isn't but I'll give it a shot

Mario: Hammer, FLUDD
Luigi: Poltergust
Peach: PAN OF DOOM
Bowser: Koopa Klaw

Bowser Jr: Koopa Clown Copter
Wario: Bike
Waluigi: Tennis Racket/Eggplant
Daisy: Golf Club

Yoshi: Egg
Rosalina: Luma
Captain Toad: Heavy Bag
Kamek: Broom

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Well, to be honest I think Daisy fans were pretty quiet before 3D World and Sm4sh.
Well, that was because people didn't expect Mario to get a lot of new characters. After Sakurai surprised us with Rosalina, Doc and Bowser Jr, there was little reason to stay quiet.

:231:
This. After all of that, us fans got the wake up call and the ballot became the catalyst not only for us but for all the characters fans feel are neglected by Nintendo.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Cast of MK Warriors huh? The cast is easy, deciding their fighting style isn't but I'll give it a shot

Mario: Hammer, FLUDD
Luigi: Poltergust
Peach: PAN OF DOOM
Bowser: Koopa Klaw

Bowser Jr: Koopa Clown Copter
Wario: Bike
Waluigi: Tennis Racket/Eggplant
Daisy: Golf Club

Yoshi: Egg
Rosalina: Luma
Captain Toad: Heavy Bag
Kamek: Broom
Since when did Waluigi use an Eggplant?

HanAmes

Smash Ace
This classic sums it up PERFECTLY.

Geez, Daisy just can't get a break...! Even in the eyes of casual fans, whenever Daisy is brought up, Smash is also brought up. They either support her, or make fun of her for NOT being in the game.
I wish more fans like you understood us, all we get from haters are: "Daisy is irrelevant!", "She is just a Peach clone" or "She is not as important as Peach and Rosalina and never will be!".
I've also been thinking about all of this negativity, and I wanna share my thought from a non Daisy fan / non hater standpoint.

Daisy is irrelevant!

Yes, and No. She's only irrelevant with the main games. The spin-offs, however, she is pretty much a staple, proving that she, in fact, IS relevant.

She is just a Peach clone

I find the notion of Daisy being a Peach clone to be, quite frankly, erroneous and witless. Is Peach a tomboy? Does Peach have a flower motif? Has Peach only been kidnapped once? You see where I'm getting at?

She is not as important as Peach and Rosalina, and never will be!

Again, only in main games. This argument here is just a fan opinion, to be honest, and isn't worth looking in to...but one thing, though...NEVER say 'never!'

Well, that's how I feel about all of this vitriol. Only together, we can debunk these guys, and show 'em that Daisy is actually legit.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
They've already announced interest in working with Mario shortly after the release of Hyrule Warriors. I myself wouldn't mind a thing to happen since there's some much that can be done with the weapon system and certain spinoff characters (especially Daisy).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...cer_would_love_to_work_with_mario_and_company
That brings my attention to a relevant-looking fan art.

Torn Princesses

This was drawn before the idea of Mushroom Kingdom Warriors came up. Daisy wearing that Shy Guy mask as a shoulder pad, Peach's parasol accompanied by an elegant blade, Rosalina shooting stars, these are just genius.

I don't know what's with DeviantArt having Daisy w/ hammers and torn dresses, but I like it?
Not even uploaded by the same person.

Now to be directly on topic: Round up your vote(s) for Daisy!

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
This argument here is just a fan opinion, to be honest, and isn't worth looking in to...but one thing, though...NEVER say 'never!'
Right! Never say never. Nintendo has the final say, fans can also help Daisy, for example: by voting in the poll (Fighter Ballot).

I still hope and believe that Daisy will be finally recognized by the support.

Again, #VOTEFORDAISY ;)

I love this image. :love:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Nintendo released a new video of Super Mario Maker today!

The interesting thing is that Super Mario Maker is compatible with "over 50 amiibo!"

There are 99 costumes in the game total. They actually look pretty polished.

Sone costumes like Goomba were shown, which don't come from Amiibo.

Will Daisy get in? Seems likely now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The most voted polls by far:

1. King K. Rool:
335 Yes
156 No
38 Indifferent

2. Wolf:
369 Yes
46 No
44 Indifferent

3. Shantae:
288 Yes
130 No
33 Indifferent

4. Krystal:
175 No
160 Yes
50 Indifferent

5. Bandanna Dee:
212 Yes
87 No
73 Indifferent

6. Balloon Fighter:
138 No
107 Indifferent
100 Yes

7. Daisy:
179 Yes
115 No
23 Indifferent

8. Isaac:
225 Yes
52 Indifferent
39 No

9. Pichu:
148 No
100 Yes
32 Indifferent

10. Shovel Knight:
133 No
93 Yes
53 Indifferent

If you want to change the circumstances for some characters you gotta vote here. ;)
http://smashboards.com/threads/dail...mon-lana-sylux-zael-top-10-most-voted.410404/

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

7. Daisy:
179 Yes
115 No
23 Indifferent

If you want to change the circumstances for some characters you gotta vote here. ;)
http://smashboards.com/threads/dail...mon-lana-sylux-zael-top-10-most-voted.410404/
Can't tell if Micheallol cheated or just simply popular.

It's actually very neat that Daisy has this many positive votes for a character who's considered less likely than Captain Toad and Waluigi. This is positivity towards the character is actually very refreshing in comparison to the usual "irrelevant" or "spinoff fodder" stigma in the fandom.

Guys, do you have any thoughts on this? :)

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Can't tell if Micheallol cheated or just simply popular.

It's actually very neat that Daisy has this many positive votes for a character who's considered less likely than Captain Toad and Waluigi. This is positivity towards the character is actually very refreshing in comparison to the usual "irrelevant" or "spinoff fodder" stigma in the fandom.

Guys, do you have any thoughts on this? :)
I thought this was bad simply because of the ratio but that was before I considered your input. It's actually pretty great that more people want Daisy and they're just not as stupid vocal as some people who don't. Props to the people who voted "Indifferent" rather than straight-up "No" just because they don't know much about her. Very nice compared to Krystal's poll result.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
That brings my attention to a relevant-looking fan art.

Torn Princesses

This was drawn before the idea of Mushroom Kingdom Warriors came up. Daisy wearing that Shy Guy mask as a shoulder pad, Peach's parasol accompanied by an elegant blade, Rosalina shooting stars, these are just genius.

I don't know what's with DeviantArt having Daisy w/ hammers and torn dresses, but I like it?
Not even uploaded by the same person.

Now to be directly on topic: Round up your vote(s) for Daisy!
Rosalina here reminds too much of Big Boss.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina here reminds too much of Big Boss.
I was going to say Magoichi Saica but go ahead

Anyway, with the ballot coming to an end soon, we have to appeal the crowd more than never before!! Daisy's advantages are that she's widely known with casual and expert gamers alike, and being a Mario character gives her a massive boost of popularity against big competition like Shantae ( I didn't know about her before the smash ballot tbh) King K. Rool (He might be requested but come on. He isn't exactly dare I say it relevant..) and as much as it stings me to say, Banjo and Kazooie share the same problem as K. Rool.

Both Shovel Knight and the Inklings seem WAY too new to be added in the game and might have to sit this one out.

If you think about it, she's the only Mario character that has no proper representation in smash. Waluigi is an AT , Toad is in Peach's moveset and Geno.. well seriously? I'm not gonna criticize his fanbase but nostalgia aside he's been on one game. Paper Mario isn't that popular outside of the ballot and having another Mario ( Clone or not) is a rather poor choice.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
happy-daisy-princess-daisy-14573044-600-825.jpg

Also this fanart is absolutely adorable, she looks so cheerful and full of life - as she should be.
Not to mention that sexy dress ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

D

Deleted member

1. King K. Rool:
335 Yes
156 No
38 Indifferent

2. Wolf:
369 Yes
46 No
44 Indifferent

3. Shantae:
288 Yes
130 No
33 Indifferent

4. Krystal:
175 No
160 Yes
50 Indifferent

5. Bandanna Dee:
212 Yes
87 No
73 Indifferent

6. Balloon Fighter:
138 No
107 Indifferent
100 Yes

7. Daisy:
179 Yes
115 No
23 Indifferent

8. Isaac:
225 Yes
52 Indifferent
39 No

9. Pichu:
148 No
100 Yes
32 Indifferent

10. Shovel Knight:
133 No
93 Yes
53 Indifferent

I think these results should be nothing but encouraging to all Daisy fans. Sure, she does have a lot of "no" votes, but despite that more people actually want her in. The fact she made it on this list at all says something (my joy Ivysaur has no such hope).

It really is looking like K. Rool, Wolf, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Daisy and Shantae are the top contenders. I mean, think of all the characters not in that group that Daisy has won out! We'll just have to see what Sakurai and his team decide in the end.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I think these results should be nothing but encouraging to all Daisy fans. Sure, she does have a lot of "no" votes, but despite that more people actually want her in. The fact she made it on this list at all says something (my joy Ivysaur has no such hope).

It really is looking like K. Rool, Wolf, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Daisy and Shantae are the top contenders. I mean, think of all the characters not in that group that Daisy has won out! We'll just have to see what Sakurai and his team decide in the end.
At least it isn't as bad as Krystal who is almost 50/50 yes and no.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman

1. King K. Rool:
335 Yes
156 No
38 Indifferent

2. Wolf:
369 Yes
46 No
44 Indifferent

3. Shantae:
288 Yes
130 No
33 Indifferent

4. Krystal:
175 No
160 Yes
50 Indifferent

5. Bandanna Dee:
212 Yes
87 No
73 Indifferent

6. Balloon Fighter:
138 No
107 Indifferent
100 Yes

7. Daisy:
179 Yes
115 No
23 Indifferent

8. Isaac:
225 Yes
52 Indifferent
39 No

9. Pichu:
148 No
100 Yes
32 Indifferent

10. Shovel Knight:
133 No
93 Yes
53 Indifferent

All this ultimately means that Daisy may have possibilities and their fans must have hope.

Now there are less than two months, we must vote for Daisy.

Nintendo released a new video of Super Mario Maker today!

The interesting thing is that Super Mario Maker is compatible with "over 50 amiibo!"

There are 99 costumes in the game total. They actually look pretty polished.

Sone costumes like Goomba were shown, which don't come from Amiibo.

Will Daisy get in? Seems likely now.
Daisy must be securely. Either by amiibos Mario Bros, or amiibo Smash Bros? Hopefully :rolleyes:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I found a video of ALL of Daisy's voice clips in Mario Kart 8.

Warning: VERY LOUD just like Daisy herself

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Daisy's voice is like an immaculate chorus.:love:

And is it true that Daisy's dress is made out of all the gold medals that she had ever won in this game? She melted them all down to make the perfect dress.:awesome:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman

In Miiverse, they continued to support for Daisy. We too, we will try that Daisy is released as a fighter in Smash Universe.

Also, I've seen a great fan-art Daisy (Kimono).

#VOTEFORDAISY

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
BETTER QUALITY IMAGE!

Beneath all the compression, this artwork looks official! @ Chromfirmed Chromfirmed you should always find the best quality images possible! Use Google Image Search to find HD versions of photos.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

I will be extremely disappointed if Daisy gets in Smash and her voice clips aren't as loud and "irritating" as this. Like can you just imagine fighting someone and it's a really serious match until you hear...
WAHH OUT OF THE WAYYYY WOAHOHHHH YEAH BYE BYE
#MarioKartVoiceClipsforSmash

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I will be extremely disappointed if Daisy gets in Smash and her voice clips aren't as loud and "irritating" as this. Like can you just imagine fighting someone and it's a really serious match until you hear...
Throws an opponent out of the stage

OFF YOU GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

Her voice is really half of her charm. Praises be to Deanna Mustard!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Her voice is really half of her charm. Praises be to Deanna Mustard!
She's dedicated to voicing Princess Daisy??? Props to her!

From the article

She has a hook she uses to get back into the voice before recording, and she tends to get a little physical in the sound booth. Mustard has commented that it is a lot of fun, and that she loves playing Daisy. She has also said Daisy is louder and more outspoken than Peach. Daisy's personality shines through in the Mario Strikers series, and Mustard enjoys the Mario Strikers games for that reason. Mustard has also said that Daisy has quite the fan base, and that players may see more of her in the future.
She has a hook she uses to get back into the voice before recording
Wow. A literal hook?

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Daisy's voice is literally the best thing ever.

Literally.

Ever.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Do you think this was a good ballot vote? The "obnoxious" part is the thing I'm not sure about.........

Out of all the females currently in Smash, none of them are as feisty and obnoxious as the Princess of Sarasaland herself! In the games that she has appeared in, she is always loud and brash and generally in your face, making her a joy to play as you crush your enemies in the various sports games.

However, she isn't called "Daisy" for nothin'! She has shown to possess the ability to manipulate flowers and greeny in some games she's been in, which hasn't really been represented in Smash Bros. yet. This with her agility can make for a unique fighter. All three princesses would be awesome!
I wish I could do more than 500 characters....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Do you think this was a good ballot vote? The "obnoxious" part is the thing I'm not sure about.........

I can guarantee you that it was a bit longer than mines and sure as hell gets to the point about her endearing character. I'd say that it wasn't that bad at all and it really didn't need to be super long like most ballot votes. The part about her wrecking you in sports is what gets me since that's the main reason why she fits the atmosphere of Smash.

Laniv

Smash Champion
When winning:

"YEE-HAW!! I'M THE WINNER!!"

Also, I've been uploading some Daisy voice clips to my Tumblr!

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
It comes out on 9/11 to be exact.
Hopefully Daisy will be one of the playable characters in 8 bits.
It was time, that you had the courage to vote to Daisy, you just have to have hope.
BETTER QUALITY IMAGE!

Beneath all the compression, this artwork looks official! @ Chromfirmed Chromfirmed you should always find the best quality images possible! Use Google Image Search to find HD versions of photos.
You're absolutely right, but don't put HD images because I believe that much space on the page.

:starman: We continue voting for Daisy. :starman:

#VOTEFORDAISY

Top Bottom