• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We'd probably have to run some tests in training mode to see how fast the flowers accumulate damage. It's balanced for items after all (and being lucky enough to survive rest)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
If the problem isn't Daisy itself, the problem really is Sakurai and company, they don't know the correct moveset to put some characters, you just have to look at what they did with Lucina.

If they wanted, Lucina and Chrom might have been new unique characters, but it's easier to say excuses ...

I have a clear thing and that is: #VOTEFORDAISY
Well to be fair, Lucina calls herself 'Marth'. So she is instantly clone material.

I don't like it when clones are inferior to the original though (cough cough I need a DOCTOR)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well to be fair, Lucina calls herself 'Marth'. So she is instantly clone material.

I don't like it when clones are inferior to the original though (cough cough I need a DOCTOR)
It's also infuriating:mariomelee::drmario: when it's the other way around.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm pretty sure he's referring to his position in the Tier Lists. Though only competitive Smashers actually treat them like they're accurate.
Yeah, I know. I was just joking. Even though I didn't get into "Tiers" in Smash Bros, I never it was most likely a truth to his statement.

Doesn't mean I didn't play his actively better than Marth during Melee however.

D

Deleted member

I think it would be cool to see Daisy using the baseball bat as a side smash. It would be like how peach changes between her pan, club and racket Daisy would instead just you one consistent attack.
I made a Daisy Mii fighter that's equipped with the Home Run Bat and has a faster bat swing. It's great.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of, in the worst case senario of Daisy being relegated to Mii costume, I hope it's her sports outfit as a swordfighter. Baseball bat is most likely but I want the Golf Club.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Speaking of, in the worst case senario of Daisy being relegated to Mii costume, I hope it's her sports outfit as a swordfighter. Baseball bat is most likely but I want the Golf Club.
Just hope this isn't the case here. Can somebody tell me how to unlock Daisy's sports trophy?

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Time sure does fly doesn't it? Soon everything comes to a close, let's hope all goes well, I wouldn't be surprised if this thread got to page 150 within the next week or two.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The OP seems to be too large for anymore edits @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan ....

We have to find another way to add supporters!
That's basically what I said a few days ago. There's simply nothing else that can be done without this site crashing when I press that Edit button. Either an alternative can be thought of or it will simply stay like that.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Don't you have the second post of the forum "reserved for future use"? Why don't you consider moving the list of supporters into that post. Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem and any edit is causing a crash, if so maybe it's something you should take up with the mods? I'm not sure if the second post is going to be used for something important in the future but you could temporarily use it for the supporters at least?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It looks like a certain user is at it again with his hilariously awful "support video" making rounds on YouTube to make us look bad.

It's so obnoxiously bad, that it makes me almost want to share it.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Somewhat related, People make fun of Daisy's "obnoxious" voice, specifically from double dash, but literally everyone is annoying if you make a video spamming their voice. It's silly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Somewhat related, People make fun of Daisy's "obnoxious" voice, specifically from double dash, but literally everyone is annoying if you make a video spamming their voice. It's silly.
Yeah, what about Toad?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't you have the second post of the forum "reserved for future use"? Why don't you consider moving the list of supporters into that post. Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem and any edit is causing a crash, if so maybe it's something you should take up with the mods? I'm not sure if the second post is going to be used for something important in the future but you could temporarily use it for the supporters at least?
You may be on to something there. I can simply move the support list to that "reserved" post for now since I simply can't remove it off the original post. At least that's the best thing to do at a time like this.

Edit: The new support list is up and I was finally able to add @RosaPeach to it.

Last edited:

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Hey fellow Daisy supporters! Got anymore room on that list for another Daisy fan? I'm not extremely active on the Smashboards, but I'm happy to join the support.

I'm actually supporting a lot of characters in the Smash ballots: Wonder Red, Black Shadow, Reyn... I'm even supporting Dillon and Takamaru despite them already being assist trophies. As well as characters like Kyle Hyde from Hotel Dusk, John Raimi from Geist and Henry Flemming from Codename: S.T.E.A.M. who I honestly don't think have a snowball's chance in a mircowave, but I do love their games!

But despite all the characters I'm supporting, Daisy is the character that I'm getting three times the support of any of them. Simply because I think she's been set-asides as a spin-off only character for far too long, she's my favorite Mario Princess and I'm sick of using Daisy-colored Peach in Smash. Not to mention that I believe that she has a ton of potential for an interesting moveset.

Be it her in a dress, leotard, striker outfit, casual sport outfit or even that sport skirt outfit I don't like all that much, I just want her in and playable. I don't want her to end up being just a clone or reskin of Peach with a Daisy voice, but to be honest, if she ends up like that, I won't complain much despite feeling disappointed. At least she'll be in while a ton of other characters didn't even get a eye batted in their direction.

Shoot, I've even drew a few Daisy pictures. Posted them in the spoiler.

Here's a quick picture I made on Colors! 3D on the 3DS. It's not much, but it gets the point across.

Here's a picture I made of Dr.Luigi for the Year of Luigi Art Academy contest on Miiverse. *It was one of the winners and I'm very proud that the judges liked it.)

And this one I like, though I'll admit... I kind of over did it with the detail. You can sort of put a "Welcome to Uncanny Valley!" sign right next to Daisy, but I like it.

I've been making sure to vote for daisy as many times as I could. Hopefully with all efforts combine, we'll get the results we want.

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hey fellow Daisy supporters! Got anymore room on that list for another Daisy fan? I'm not extremely active on the Smashboards, but I'm happy to join the support.

I'm actually supporting a lot of characters in the Smash ballots: Wonder Red, Black Shadow, Reyn... I'm even supporting Dillon and Takamaru despite them already being assist trophies. As well as characters like Kyle Hyde from Hotel Dusk, John Raimi from Geist and Henry Flemming from Codename: S.T.E.A.M. who I honestly don't think have a snowball's chance in a mircowave, but I do love their games!

But despite all the characters I'm supporting, Daisy is the character that I'm getting three times the support of any of them. Simply because I think she's been set-asides as a spin-off only character for far too long, she's my favorite Mario Princess and I'm sick of using Daisy-colored Peach in Smash. Not to mention that I believe that she has a ton of potential for an interesting moveset.

Be it her in a dress, leotard, striker outfit, casual sport outfit or even that sport skirt outfit I don't like all that much, I just want her in and playable. I don't want her to end up being just a clone or reskin of Peach with a Daisy voice, but to be honest, if she ends up like that, I won't complain much despite feeling disappointed. At least she'll be in while a ton of other characters didn't even get a eye batted in their direction.

Shoot, I've even drew a few Daisy pictures.

I've been making sure to vote for daisy as many times as I could. Hopefully with all efforts combine, we'll get the results we want.
Welcome! :)

First, thank you for being here and second, thanks for showing us your review and monitoring.

I think like you, about Daisy. I also want her to stop being ignored and she can be in Smash Bros.

Very good images, by the way. Thank you for helping.

I also vote many times for Daisy, remember that we are to vote on different IPs, for the vote to be valid.

Courage!, #DAISYFORSMASH

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Here's a quick picture I made on Colors! 3D on the 3DS. It's not much, but it gets the point across.

Here's a picture I made of Dr.Luigi for the Year of Luigi Art Academy contest on Miiverse. *It was one of the winners and I'm very proud that the judges liked it.)

And this one I like, though I'll admit... I kind of over did it with the detail. You can sort of put a "Welcome to Uncanny Valley!" sign right next to Daisy, but I like it.

So that was your art that I favorited on DeviantArt? Good work as always man since you actually did her justice with the bright colors (Uncanny Valley aside).

You and I all feel the same way about her. Needing that extra time to shine somewhere that isn't your average Mario spinoff just like the Waluigi fandom, but a bit later. Whether she's in her dress or whatever one time sports outfit she wears, we just want a potentially good moveset that puts Peach's to shame. We are pushing our voices on Sak as much as possible and it would be a miracle if she's considered for DLC (or next Smash to a lesser extent).

With the new list in a secondary post, I'll make sure to add you in a minute. Plus, I've invited you to a group where you can see both Dillon and Takamaru's topics out of interest.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Wow...I think I actually saw that during the Year of Luigi competition along with other Daisy pictures! Shame she never got proper recognition at the time...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow...I think I actually saw that during the Year of Luigi competition along with other Daisy pictures! Shame she never got proper recognition at the time...
Yeah, didn't bother changing Super Luigi U to have her instead of Peach. Guess it saved time remodeling the overworld to be srassaland. (sp)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It looks like a certain user is at it again with his hilariously awful "support video" making rounds on YouTube to make us look bad.

It's so obnoxiously bad, that it makes me almost want to share it.

This video just gave me foxdie. And it's not in a "so bad that it's good way", but in a watching Pixels Adam Sandler **** horrible way. :urg:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

This video just gave me foxdie. And it's not in a "so bad that it's good way", but in a watching Pixels Adam Sandler **** horrible way. :urg:
I thought I was the only one who had gotten FOXDIE from watching this. And speaking another topic, I keep seeing in a few places things like: "Daisy doesn't have nothing on Peach and Rosalina! She is only because she is Luigi's Peach and nothing more! So stop voting for such a worthless character already!" Haters gonna hate anyone?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And speaking another topic, I keep seeing in a few places things like: "Daisy doesn't have nothing on Peach and Rosalina! She is only because she is Luigi's Peach and nothing more! So stop voting for such a worthless character already!" Haters gonna hate anyone?

Eeeeyup. Totally suits how I feel about this plus similar situations for any other character. There is bound to be "that guy" who simply states facts without backing them up as their reasonings for why a character can't work. They mostly do it because they feel that their character is more likely or deserving for Smash than your preferred choices. Remember when Pac-Man was seen as completely unlikely and lacked real moveset potential? Good times.

Top Bottom