• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
BETTER QUALITY IMAGE!

Beneath all the compression, this artwork looks official! @ Chromfirmed Chromfirmed you should always find the best quality images possible! Use Google Image Search to find HD versions of photos.
It looks quite authentic, but it isn't official, unfortunately. The colouring in the face and hair is quite different than Nintendo's official ones.

:231:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I like Pauline, as well and I'd love to see her in more stuff than just Mario vs. Donkey Kong. Funny thing is, that because Pauline 's appearance in games like that, her trophy in Smash 4 describes her as primarily hailing from the DK universe rather than Mario.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Umm. Pauline is just a Daisy clone. Nobody cares about her! (Sarcasm)
I like Pauline. Not as much as a lot of other Mario characters though, she kind of falls under my radar to be honest, but it's always cool to see her in the few things she actually appears in.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't really care about Pauline. I don't hate her, don't get me wrong, but imo, Daisy and Rosie I like personally more, and well, as mentioned above, nothing from Pauline really strikes my interest.

She's an ok character, just not someone I think about much is all.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pauline doesn't really have much of a personality, though, does she?
We really haven't seen much of her character other than loving the Mini Mario toys or so mostly being kidnapped in all of her appearances. At least Peach's personality is fleshed out in the spinoff titles or some main games to a lesser extent.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Pauline seems to me a good character, but she doesn't have to be in Smash Bros, though could be in Mario Kart.

Less than two months for the completion of the survey, therefore I am increasing my votes and advertising: #VOTEFORDAISY.

:starman::starman::starman: Don't forget, VOTE FOR DAISY. :starman::starman::starman:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
We really haven't seen much of her character other than loving the Mini Mario toys or so mostly being kidnapped in all of her appearances. At least Peach's personality is fleshed out in the spinoff titles or some main games to a lesser extent.
Pauline seems to me a good character, but she doesn't have to be in Smash Bros, though could be in Mario Kart.

Less than two months for the completion of the survey, therefore I am increasing my votes and advertising: #VOTEFORDAISY.

:starman::starman::starman: Don't forget, VOTE FOR DAISY. :starman::starman::starman:
If Pauline was ever playable in a Smash game, I always envisioned as Rosalina with little toys rather than Lumas. Not that I'd ever have a problem with that. It could be a combination of Rosalina and her Lumas and the Mecha-Koopas from Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
If Pauline was ever playable in a Smash game, I always envisioned as Rosalina with little toys rather than Lumas. Not that I'd ever have a problem with that. It could be a combination of Rosalina and her Lumas and the Mecha-Koopas from Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.
I have a strange feeling that they'd considered this before Daisy at all , I really hope I am wrong here.....

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Nope, she just thinks she's exercising.
Figures, couple of questions for everyone: Which characters do you think where well received and which are most " kick in the butt" material, and aside from Daisy what other ballot character do you all think is still a common sight there?(K.Rool, Isaac, Bandana Dee are obvious answers so what others do you think are common even now).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So word on the forums is that Daisy will have her rerate in the Rate Their Chances thread the evening of today (since it's midnight where I am). I believe that she will be put on a lower position for several reasons like lack of traction or being undermined by the higher ups (Shantae and so forth).

Might as well relook up my older post for the first rate since I have no time to rewrite a whole new post. And now that I think of it, not much had really changed for the past few months regarding her support.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
So word on the forums is that Daisy will have her rerate in the Rate Their Chances thread the evening of today (since it's midnight where I am). I believe that she will be put on a lower position for several reasons like lack of traction or being undermined by the higher ups (Shantae and so forth).

Might as well relook up my older post for the first rate since I have no time to rewrite a whole new post. And now that I think of it, not much had really changed for the past few months regarding her support.
I still believe that WOLF should get a rerating before her. He still hasn't been revealed yet (if at all!)

I browsed NeoGAF earlier today and they started talking about Daisy again earlier today. Well opinions are opinions.....

Daisy is like Waluigi--Mario character entirely relegated to spinoffs--but not even half as interesting.
Daisy, at least half of the time, and likely more, is just a Peach clone, with her supposed "tomboy" gimmick being nowhere to be seen even in her animations.
The idea that tumblr is rallying behind Daisy to make it into the game is both logical and infuriating. I thought they didn't like princesses?

Nah it makes sense. They have this stupid idea that "muh tomboyism is against generic female characters!" while having no idea what they think of, so it's perfect!
She showed up for a minute in one handheld Super Mario game 26 years ago, and she's only been featured as an optional player character in spinoffs ever since then. She means absolutely nothing to the Mario franchise.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I still believe that WOLF should get a rerating before her. He still hasn't been revealed yet (if at all!)

I browsed NeoGAF earlier today and they started talking about Daisy again earlier today. Well opinions are opinions.....
Not surprised seeing this from a site that hates her with a passion...

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman

Seeing this, I can only say: envy.

I have to say that the spin-offs of Mario Bros have given millions of sales, so it is justifiable to have a representative in Smash Bros.
Daisy would be more appropriate than Waluigi, at least since she appeared in Super Mario Land.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643

Jeeze I literally can't get over how stupid those people sound. That's just so ignorant. Not to take shots at Waluigi but I could literally use the same logic that he's a Wario clone. Why not? They're both just really weird looking, mean and dastardly opposites of Mario & Luigi! Like Daisy, there's more to him than the similarities he may share with another character. (Except if you ask me Daisy is even more unique.) I wish they could hear how dumb they sound. Chromfirmed is totally right as well. You'd have to be pretty stupid to trivialize the spin off games. They probably make up just as many games as actual mainline Mario games, and if not well they certainly have the sales to match.

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
Daisy Blossoms.png

Found this, don't know if it's been shared here before?

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Jeeze I literally can't get over how stupid those people sound. That's just so ignorant. Not to take shots at Waluigi but I could literally use the same logic that he's a Wario clone. Why not? They're both just really weird looking, mean and dastardly opposites of Mario & Luigi! Like Daisy, there's more to him than the similarities he may share with another character. (Except if you ask me Daisy is even more unique.) I wish they could hear how dumb they sound. Chromfirmed is totally right as well. You'd have to be pretty stupid to trivialize the spin off games. They probably make up just as many games as actual mainline Mario games, and if not well they certainly have the sales to match.
This I why I believe that we should focus on what makes Daisy different from Peach in our ballot votes.

This isn't all but you get the idea.

Even the official website states "Why should this character become a fighter?"

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Once again, I'll analyze all of this as a non-Daisy fan / non-hater...

"Daisy is like Waluigi--Mario character entirely relegated to spinoffs--but not even half as interesting."

So far, he/she's correct, but once we get to the 'interesting' part, that's just a fan thing. Subjective at its best.

"Daisy, at least half of the time, and likely more, is just a Peach clone, with her supposed "tomboy" gimmick being nowhere to be seen even in her animations."

Again, I've explained this before. I find the notion of Daisy being a Peach clone is, quite frankly, erroneous and witless. Not to sound rude or anything, but whoever says that Daisy is a Peach clone has to be living under a rock with a closed mindset. But anyway, arguments can be made about Daisy's tomboy gimmick. Is she REALLY a tomboy, or not?? Then again, what tomboy wears a pretty dress and has an affinity for flowers...? I guess some people can take this with a grain of salt that Daisy is TRULLY a tomboy.

"The idea that tumblr is rallying behind Daisy to make it into the game is both logical and infuriating. I thought they didn't like princesses?

Nah it makes sense. They have this stupid idea that "muh tomboyism is against generic female characters!" while having no idea what they think of, so it's perfect!"

Well, speak for yourself, buddy! Any other character talked about is totally fine and dandy, but when Daisy is brought up, all of a sudden, red flags are raised. I just don't get why Daisy is a character that people love to hate. She's a reoccurring character in the spin-offs like all the rest, and is a great alternative for Peach, who I find to be stale, boring, and almost useless in the main story lines. So, just let tumblr vote and appreciate whoever they want, while YOU guys do the same. Just let US do us, and YOU do you.

"She showed up for a minute in one handheld Super Mario game 26 years ago, and she's only been featured as an optional player character in spinoffs ever since then. She means absolutely nothing to the Mario franchise."

And so have many other characters in the Smash series. You have your Duck Hunt, Game and Watch, etc. So if Daisy makes it in, that I'll totally understand. And you mentioned that she means nothing to the Mario franchise? You mean she means nothing to YOU! If she really meant nothing, then why do they keep using her in the spin-offs, AND as a playable character, I might add? If Daisy really meant nothing, then perhaps she would've been dropped a long time ago. But then again, is she really used to fill space? Which is why she didn't get an official Mario Party 10 official art? This argument is pretty much a 50/50. She DOES mean something, and yet, probably doesn't...but most importantly, she doesn't mean anything to YOU!

Yes, all of these arguments are disheartening, indeed...but it's up to us to read between the lines and prove these guys wrong!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Wolf already got a rerate. Dixie and Shantae on the other hand are the ones who need it.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Once again, I'll analyze all of this as a non-Daisy fan / non-hater...

"Daisy is like Waluigi--Mario character entirely relegated to spinoffs--but not even half as interesting."

So far, he/she's correct, but once we get to the 'interesting' part, that's just a fan thing. Subjective at its best.

"Daisy, at least half of the time, and likely more, is just a Peach clone, with her supposed "tomboy" gimmick being nowhere to be seen even in her animations."

Again, I've explained this before. I find the notion of Daisy being a Peach clone is, quite frankly, erroneous and witless. Not to sound rude or anything, but whoever says that Daisy is a Peach clone has to be living under a rock with a closed mindset. But anyway, arguments can be made about Daisy's tomboy gimmick. Is she REALLY a tomboy, or not?? Then again, what tomboy wears a pretty dress and has an affinity for flowers...? I guess some people can take this with a grain of salt that Daisy is TRULLY a tomboy.

"The idea that tumblr is rallying behind Daisy to make it into the game is both logical and infuriating. I thought they didn't like princesses?

Nah it makes sense. They have this stupid idea that "muh tomboyism is against generic female characters!" while having no idea what they think of, so it's perfect!"

Well, speak for yourself, buddy! Any other character talked about is totally fine and dandy, but when Daisy is brought up, all of a sudden, red flags are raised. I just don't get why Daisy is a character that people love to hate. She's a reoccurring character in the spin-offs like all the rest, and is a great alternative for Peach, who I find to be stale, boring, and almost useless in the main story lines. So, just let tumblr vote and appreciate whoever they want, while YOU guys do the same. Just let US do us, and YOU do you.

"She showed up for a minute in one handheld Super Mario game 26 years ago, and she's only been featured as an optional player character in spinoffs ever since then. She means absolutely nothing to the Mario franchise."

And so have many other characters in the Smash series. You have your Duck Hunt, Game and Watch, etc. So if Daisy makes it in, that I'll totally understand. And you mentioned that she means nothing to the Mario franchise? You mean she means nothing to YOU! If she really meant nothing, then why do they keep using her in the spin-offs, AND as a playable character, I might add? If Daisy really meant nothing, then perhaps she would've been dropped a long time ago. But then again, is she really used to fill space? Which is why she didn't get an official Mario Party 10 official art? This argument is pretty much a 50/50. She DOES mean something, and yet, probably doesn't...but most importantly, she doesn't mean anything to YOU!

Yes, all of these arguments are disheartening, indeed...but it's up to us to read between the lines and prove these guys wrong!
Very good explanation, but I'm tired of repeating myself, out haters.
I'll keep voting for Daisy in different PCs and hope she is considered her entry into Smash.

Of course, the fault of Nintendo, these debates are generated by Nintendo.
Daisy deserves more respect because she is a veteran character created by the late Gunpei Yokoi.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't really care about Pauline. I don't hate her, don't get me wrong, but imo, Daisy and Rosie I like personally more, and well, as mentioned above, nothing from Pauline really strikes my interest.

She's an ok character, just not someone I think about much is all.
I don't care about Pauline in the SLIGHTEST. I actually like PIGMA better than her.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Ooh boy, bait!

Let's bite!

While correct on the spin-off thing, it's unfair to say appearing consistently in over 40 spin-offs stands equal to nothing.
Most characters we discuss, even the frontrunners, would die for such a rich history and certain future.

As for an eventual "filler-argument", Daisy appears in spin-offs even in a small roster.

He's right, "tomboy" is NOT the right word to describe Daisy as even Toadette is more masculine than a Flower-loving Princess.
Even Zelda's Agitha can be argued to be more masculine.

But that does still not mean Daisy is a Peach clone.
Daisy is way more energetic than Peach.
Peach is calm, Daisy is brash, bold and jumping around.

Daisy also have extremely much sass, and Peach has none of that.

"Ever since" means "Over 40 games for over 20 years and continuing to do so as long as Mario and Nintendo exist"
Don't forget that.

Again, almost all DLC candidates would kill for this kind of resumé, too bad the community needs make appearing in games a bad thing.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Being reminded that Daisy was made by Gunpei Yokoi really makes me want her to have the Ultra Hand as a tether grab. Or to have her play the gameboy as a taunt.

Last edited:

CormyCat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
QueenC
3DS FC
1289-8200-0643
I just finished watching all the Super Mario Galaxy cutscenes That game is just so great. It's so wonderful and I love the story. I really hope some day Daisy will get to appear in a game this big and important. Or at least, something like 3D world would be great too! Anything really...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I just finished watching all the Super Mario Galaxy cutscenes That game is just so great. It's so wonderful and I love the story. I really hope some day Daisy will get to appear in a game this big and important. Or at least, something like 3D world would be great too! Anything really...
Galaxy is an amazing game no doubt about that, but for me at least I feel they got lazy with the script when you play as Luigi.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as a heads up guys, Daisy will be rated soon (colder_than_ice just got to doing his rating and calculations by 9:30). So I want several of you to stop by the Rate Their Chances thread for her rerate this night in addition to tomorrow.

Remember, give good reasons on her chances and try not to be too biased about them.

EDIT: It's happening right about now!

Last edited:
Top Bottom