• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Against all odds, let us hype. There might be a tiny number of newcomers left who weren't in the leak. Also, don't be 100 percent certain it's actually an ESRB source, regardless of the videos, ESPECIALLY if there may be newcomers remaining that weren't unlocked in the leak, which has been implied by @Swampasaur and @MASTERLINKX. It's a real mystery how it spread within a secret community so well before any of us got anything.

We're left with more questions than answers, for sure.
There are no actual odds against us. Hype will always steadily increase.

glaqux

Smash Cadet
When the announce ridley and I get the game I'm gonna smash run with ridley till the sun stops shining :)

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
When the announce ridley and I get the game I'm gonna smash run with ridley till the sun stops shining :)
But you may need to unlock him first. I mean, a character as OP and amazing as Ridley is probly not going to be part of the starting roster.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So I'm assuming the general consesus is that classic Ridley is a much more appealing and suitable incarnation to use than Roidley? Is it mostly due to nostalgia coupled with the fact that Other M itself was a bad game, thus having Roidley associated with a negative sentiment while actually not being bad himself? What if his smash appearance was an amalgamation of both classic and other m?
Appealing, yes. Suitable, not so much. People pretty much accept that the tail/shadow tease means it is Other M Ridley/Roidley. The idea of classic Ridley being playable with clone/Roidley being the hazard often sparks up some controversy, most leaning towards "not happening."

A little of both. Most people have been supporting Ridley since before Other M released, and as such would love something like classic Melee/Brawl Ridley. The dislike for Roidley stems less from Other M hate (though that doesn't help) and more towards some of his off-putting features/changes from traditional Ridley designs, such as the bulkiness/huge arms, excessive spikes of villainy/overall color scheme, and probably most of all, his ugly beak/mouth.

Most of us would find a hybrid design, or even using Roidley's concept art design ideal. Most of us would also just be glad for any Ridley period, regardless of design.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Which leak is legit? I'm pretty sure we still haven't got any particularly solid ones that say "Ridley's in", most seem more "these are the characters", oh, they didn't say "no Ridley"?
No leak is legit. Ever. Please stop talking about leaks, IsmaR is HERE and literally JUST POSTED. Get back on topic! :facepalm:

And before the next question comes up, no, it's not likely we'd get Ridley/Roidley as an alt of the other one, the proportions are too different.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
No leak is legit. Ever. Please stop talking about leaks, IsmaR is HERE and literally JUST POSTED. Get back on topic! :facepalm:

And before the next question comes up, no, it's not likely we'd get Ridley/Roidley as an alt of the other one, the proportions are too different.
We could get Dogley. As a quadruped with no wings and a different body structure, he would be easier to model into the game's structure, right?

It's a joke, please don't kill me.

glaqux

Smash Cadet
Well the game release is getting near part of me wants to wait to see ridley be finalized on the release date but I want to know his fate sooner, excitement in the air

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
@ IsmaR IsmaR , is there going to be a chance for the second post to be updated, now that Ghirahim has been disconfirmed? I was just thinking that now with Ghirahim gone, the most common suggestion now is Impa. I want to see the Trophy Theory updated when we are discussing Impa's relationship with Zelda, Link and Fi.

In regards to taunts... I'll leave that to Sakurai. But I do agree with the idea of taunting with the Baby Metroid Capsule.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Well the game release is getting near part of me wants to wait to see ridley be finalized on the release date but I want to know his fate sooner, excitement in the air
We are all the same, but we DO know that Ridley is in Smash 4

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
As for how I think Ridley should appear on stage, I don't think the whole 'Glowing eyes then Ohmigosh it's Ridley' makes sense. It sort of implies that he was 'invisible' up until then. I think his On Screen Appearance should be him swooping in from the background just like in Super Metroid.

glaqux

Smash Cadet
Yeah
You'll have to excuse me for being selfish but I got to no details man, but then again we all are lol (bursts into confetti)

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
As for how I think Ridley should appear on stage, I don't think the whole 'Glowing eyes then Ohmigosh it's Ridley' makes sense. It sort of implies that he was 'invisible' up until then. I think his On Screen Appearance should be him swooping in from the background just like in Super Metroid.
Nope, burst out from beneath the stage in a column of fire like the fething Devil. :demon:

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Appealing, yes. Suitable, not so much. People pretty much accept that the tail/shadow tease means it is Other M Ridley/Roidley. The idea of classic Ridley being playable with clone/Roidley being the hazard often sparks up some controversy, most leaning towards "not happening."

A little of both. Most people have been supporting Ridley since before Other M released, and as such would love something like classic Melee/Brawl Ridley. The dislike for Roidley stems less from Other M hate (though that doesn't help) and more towards some of his off-putting features/changes from traditional Ridley designs, such as the bulkiness/huge arms, excessive spikes of villainy/overall color scheme, and probably most of all, his ugly beak/mouth.

Most of us would find a hybrid design, or even using Roidley's concept art design ideal. Most of us would also just be glad for any Ridley period, regardless of design.
Ah, that makes sense. And I agree, any Ridley is better than none at all. I honestly cant imagine yet another smash installment without him being playable

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
@ IsmaR IsmaR , is there going to be a chance for the second post to be updated, now that Ghirahim has been disconfirmed? I was just thinking that now with Ghirahim gone, the most common suggestion now is Impa. I want to see the Trophy Theory updated when we are discussing Impa's relationship with Zelda, Link and Fi.
Of course. It's just both @Con0rrrr and I have had our hands full recently (modding this and every other thread on my part, and keeping with the Roster/Stage Leak thread/general leak developments on con0rrr's).

I'll have much more free time to get it/the new first post done this weekend, provided the boards don't explode by then.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Lotsa fresh blood lately. Nice to see more supporters.

What PotD do you guys think we're in store for in a few hours? I know I've said this every Thursday the past few weeks, but......

Trailer/Direct Announcement!?

I feel like we may get another veteran, to be honest.
I honestly think we are getting a new enemy shown off in Smash Run.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Or better yet, he flies above off screen, and you can see his shadow on the ground like in Prime 1 then he swoops down :troll:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Of course. It's just both @Con0rrrr and I have had our hands full recently (modding this and every other thread on my part, and keeping with the Roster/Stage Leak thread/general leak developments on con0rrr's).

I'll have much more free time to get it/the new first post done this weekend, provided the boards don't explode by then.
Thanks for answering my question. :)

glaqux

Smash Cadet
A direct would be great but I get the feeling that would be more of a Monday thing but I don't know another AT or character reveal would be cool to

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I want to see Isaac and Ness trekking through a lava dungeon. Hopping from stone to stone, using Psynergy and Psi powers to clear the way. Then a few rocks start moving elsewhere. They turn, and sees Mewtwo, blasting his own way through the dungeon. The three fight. Mewtwo versus the two psychic masters. As the two on one battle turns against Mewtwo, however, a new threat crashes through to join the beleaguered Pokémon.

Ridley splash screen.

Totally won't happen, but that would just be the perfect trailer, in my mind.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Unrelated, I'm watching a nice Movie. It's kinda funny, about Death, Grim Reapers, Toads and Jars. Oh my.
----------
I want to see Isaac and Ness trekking through a lava dungeon. Hopping from stone to stone, using Psynergy and Psi powers to clear the way. Then a few rocks start moving elsewhere. They turn, and sees Mewtwo, blasting his own way through the dungeon. The three fight. Mewtwo versus the two psychic masters. As the two on one battle turns against Mewtwo, however, a new threat crashes through to join the beleaguered Pokémon.

Ridley splash screen.

Totally won't happen, but that would just be the perfect trailer, in my mind.
Just for clarity; which Issac are we talking about
Because both Issac and Issac fit into the "Dungeon" scenario and strange powers. (Don't get me started on Issac.) I'm assuming we're talking about Golden Sun Issac.
STOP MOVING THE SCREEN DAMMIT DEVIL
Then k.rool Bellyflops on everyone
But isn't he going to fall into the Lava? O_O

glaqux

Smash Cadet
Unrelated, I'm watching a nice Movie. It's kinda funny, about Death, Grim Reapers, Toads and Jars. Oh my.
----------

Because both Issac and Issac fit into the "Dungeon" scenario and strange powers. (Don't get me started on Issac.) I'm assuming we're talking about Golden Sun Issac.

STOP MOVING THE SCREEN DAMMIT DEVIL

But isn't he going to fall into the Lava? O_O
Lol what if they made him flame resistant
There goes the world

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
After this leak fiasco I'm more confident than ever in Ridley's chances. Even Ghirahim's disconfirmation works in Ridley's favor, as others have pointed out. Also.....

1. The two text leaks (the text leaks that came around July 27, before the Ninka/current leak) in which the leakers confirms the Ninka leak / current leak's roster, then, in later posts, mention Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Men as the final Newcomers.

2. It can't be coincidence that Sakurai has waited this long to unveil Wario and Ganondorf, so this bodes well for a Villains trailer.

3. Why would Sakurai not save one of, if not the biggest hype-making characters for right before the release date? Who else could come close to Megaman/Sonic levels of hype, other than Ridley. Shulk? No. Bowser Jr.? No. Duck Hunt Dog? I laugh at the idea.

4. All the millions of other things that point to Ridley's playability in Smash 4.

And I bet Sakurai announces another special video some time after tonight's PotD. Ridley on Monday, homies! Sakurai wouldn't want to wait any later than that, or he might risk the dragon getting out of the bag!

glaqux

Smash Cadet
I can't decide if ridley model is other m if he would look better on four legs or smaller but standing hmmm

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
And I bet Sakurai announces another special video some time after tonight's PotD. Ridley on Monday, homies! Sakurai wouldn't want to wait any later than that, or he might risk the dragon getting out of the bag!
I dunno, he may hold it until right before release. Remember how the HW direct a week before release revealed Ganondorf, Zant, and Ghirahim as playable. Talk about a hype train there...

Monday the 8th is looking good, though...

Black-chestnut

Smash Rookie
Not going to happen. Other M's most recent, unless they've got a model ready for an upcoming game they're going to use Roidley, so you may as well get used to him. :glare:[/
i am sure that we will get a alt for him and there is a lot to pick from so other m meant not be the only version

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0264.JPG

I FINALLY DREW RIDS AGAIN....TRADITIONAL WAY......AND BEFORE SOMETHING HAPPENS: NO, NO ONE CAN USE MY WORK, IF YOU DO WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ouch...

Anyway, hi, people! I support Ridley and I hope you don't mind me commenting on here occaisionally...
Welcome! I see that you have an avatar of Nera from Dragon Quest V. That's actually one of my top five favorite video games, and Dragon Quest is one of my favorite franchises out there.

But on-topic: there's no need to be shy here. We're all fellow comrades in our efforts to support Ridley to the end! I've been supporting Ridley since 2002 (or so I believe).

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
i am sure that we will get a alt for him and there is a lot to pick from so other m meant not be the only version
Proportions, bones and hitboxes would be too different. Seriously, look at Roidley and then any other Ridley. We're going to get one and an alt of the other is impossible.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Of course. The real Isaac. I don't even know who the other one could be.

Ness got in as a fellow RPG character and Psychic master. Battle of the psychics with Ness, Isaac, and Mewtwo would be awesome. But Ridley would totally invade that fight.

Proportions, bones and hitboxes would be too different. Seriously, look at Roidley and then any other Ridley. We're going to get one and an alt of the other is impossible.
Concept Artley could have regular as an alt, though.

Top Bottom