• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Of course. The real Isaac. I don't even know who the other one could be.

Ness got in as a fellow RPG character and Psychic master. Battle of the psychics with Ness, Isaac, and Mewtwo would be awesome. But Ridley would totally invade that fight.

Concept Artley could have regular as an alt, though.
Ever play The Binding of Issac? If not, best left untouched.
Proportions, bones and hitboxes would be too different. Seriously, look at Roidley and then any other Ridley. We're going to get one and an alt of the other is impossible.
Meta-Roidley would be nice. :D
View attachment 22565
I FINALLY DREW RIDS AGAIN....TRADITIONAL WAY......AND BEFORE SOMETHING HAPPENS: NO, NO ONE CAN USE MY WORK, IF YOU DO WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN.
I thought he was holding Cash and not a Metroid. XD

MapleBeasts

Smash Cadet
Proportions, bones and hitboxes would be too different. Seriously, look at Roidley and then any other Ridley. We're going to get one and an alt of the other is impossible.
I could see a classicley/ conceptley with either or being an alt because the proportions are'nt that farfetched.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Wait.....trace it....? WITH THE TABLET?..NOW?.....OH MY....
c06.png
Fine, ya big baby, get some well-deserved sleep, THEN slave away at the tablet.

b31.png
Seriously tho, love you and your work. Take a break, then tomorrow, just trace over your drawing with the pen. It's as easy as connect-the-dots.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Ha! I kinda want the link to it so I can post it on Miiverse. :laugh:
What PotD do you guys think we're in store for in a few hours? I know I've said this every Thursday the past few weeks, but......

Trailer/Direct Announcement!?

I feel like we may get another veteran, to be honest.
Let's hope! Veteran, trailer, direct, hopefully something!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Just curious but what would everybody want as Ridley's weaknesses if he were playable?
I do like the idea of an aerial fighter with little to no ground game. He'd be big, so you've got a huge target, but could end up being kinda floaty because of it.

EDIT: lol, :4greninja:'d. Several times.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Gamefaqs with the leaks going on has almost fully accepted Ridley now! The world is coming to an end.
Well, anyone would start wanting Smash's most controversial candidates to be playable over DHD. :awesome:

View attachment 22565
I FINALLY DREW RIDS AGAIN....TRADITIONAL WAY......AND BEFORE SOMETHING HAPPENS: NO, NO ONE CAN USE MY WORK, IF YOU DO WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN.
That looks awesome as heck!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
View attachment 22569 Fine, ya big baby, get some well-deserved sleep, THEN slave away at the tablet.

View attachment 22570 Seriously tho, love you and your work. Take a break, then tomorrow, just trace over your drawing with the pen. It's as easy as connect-the-dots.
=u= OK....

Thank you....I did the drawing while having a headache, actually...so yup.....sleepy time...
Q2A571_0D6523AD4430A_001.gif

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
What do people think? Ridley's playstyle being based around spacing and controlling the opponent, staying close but not too close and having a tipper on his tail. Or Ridley being a rushdown character that gets in your face and plays hyper aggressively.

I'd be happy with either of those two styles.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I say Sakurai should add Ridley, King K Rool, and Mewtwo. I get a reply, the reason there not added in is because there terrible.

I don't even....

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Ridley took the ice bucket challenge.

c32.png
Yeah, he went a little overboard.

Thaw him out, fellow Space Pirates!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't spend enough time in the Ridley thread,

but I decided I will be spending more time in here, to spread my theories of logic and assert the prevailing hope of clarity in his dominance of likelihood, pertaining to my most likely theory that, he never would have been revealed before now (nor would Mewtwo nor K Rool) and not having found out about them now is only more reason to give credence to them.

That we are likely not going to, and may not even until long after the 3DS is out, because Sakurai has been excessively nonchalant about his final month before game release, and low on information. There is more to this theory, but it all leads me to believe that the game of reveals is not going to be over with the Japanese launch, and that we will have more content revealed up until the Wii U date, culminating, likely in the big 3, who will drive sales home.

Yet, the biggest piece of evidence no idiot can overlook, is that Sakurai said he wants this to be he best character game ever. He does not get to decide that, fans and critics do. If only there were some way he could determine and know if fans and critics had spoken on who they want in the game...

*of course the only image of all three I could find comes from this thread*

Last edited:

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
At this point one of the major reasons I'm hoping for a Ridley confirmation is to shut up everyone who claims that there's no way he could ever be in a Smash game.

That will be a fun day. I won't even have to say anything, I'll just sit back and enjoy their silence.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Okay, so I'm going to do this now. Four days before the Robin trailer, I wrote up a script for a Robin reveal (it featured Ridley masquerading as a gigantic Chrom destroying cities. I even referenced captain falcon. Just replace Ridley with Lucina and I was right on) so I'll do the thing now for Ridley. Maybe I'll be magic again

So the trailer starts with a really intense battle between Charizard and Samus's on Pyrosphere. Automatically people are thinking "oh snap it's Ridley!" Samus fires her lazor at Charizard, blowing him almost off the side, only to be stopped in mid air. Charizard like "wut" and wriggles. Suddenly you hear a dark laugh. "Hmmhmmhmmhmmhmm!"

Mewtwo Strikes back! Mewtwo throws Charizard off the stage and into the lava below. He then attacks Samus but then suddenly... Wings? But Charizard was KO'd? Mewtwo and Samus stare at the side, hearing flapping noises come from below and prepare to finish Charizard. And then a screech! Ridley makes it big!

Typical trailer stuff. Moves, Ridley can only use his tail so many times which is why he carries his Levin Jaws, etc.

End of the trailer is Charizard comparing his puny wing and tail size to Ridley and looking all sad. That's what he gets for coming back without Ivysaur

Anyhoo. Hopefully I'm psychic and this happens like next week

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
At this point one of the major reasons I'm hoping for a Ridley confirmation is to shut up everyone who claims that there's no way he could ever be in a Smash game.

That will be a fun day. I won't even have to say anything, I'll just sit back and enjoy their silence.
Silence? I'll enjoy their bluffs saying 'I'm not buying the game because Ridley's in!' :laugh:

D

Deleted member

=u= Thank you....! I'm so pessimist right now that I don't think is a big deal....a drawing made out of desesperation and pain...literally.
That headache may or may not have been my doing.

:awesome:

I jest, I jest, I'll leave you alone... for now. ;)

Anyways, something I meant to say when you first posted that drawing a page or whatever ago:

Dear @ AndreaAC AndreaAC

STAHP being so talented at art pls, you're making me all jealous and **** because I don't contribute anything to this thread ever and you always do because I can't draw to save my life and you can throw amazing Ridley drawings out in your sleep.

with your talent. :smash:

Last edited by a moderator:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
For a reveal trailer, I want Ridley, Mewtwo and my guy Ness in the same trailer. That would truly be the sickest Smash trailer to date with those three. If I could have that, I'd be extremely satisfied. Just imagine the intensity, the excitement, the thrill. Heck if Ness and Lucas were in that trailer fighting Mewtwo, I could see Ridley interrupting and intervening, and wrecking any of the three mentioned.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That headache may or may not have been my doing.

:awesome:

I jest, I jest, I'll leave you alone... for now. ;)

Anyways, something I meant to say when you first posted that drawing a page or whatever ago:

Dear @ AndreaAC AndreaAC

STAHP being so talented at art pls, you're making me all jealous and **** because I don't contribute anything to this thread ever and you always do because I can't draw to save my life and you can throw amazing Ridley drawings out in your sleep.

with your talent. :smash:
Oh no...it wasn't you....but IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU! >:/....sigh....

Thank you, really.....but...my art is not that GREAT in comparison to others....(then again....I'M PESSIMISTIC....)...and of course you do! the Shipping...thing....and...making me go into madness and want to kill everything....
002 (6).gif

Chase

Smash Ace
I wrote a villains trailer, which includes Ridley. This was way before the 3DS Leak, but I thought I would share it nontheless.
Mario, Luigi, Link, Kirby, Samus, Fox, Donkey Kong, and Captain Falcon are all at Peach's Castle, when the sky suddenly darkens. They all look up, and see an armada of airships. They all prepare to battle, when they suddenly are ambushed by two figures that leap off the ship, being Wario and Wolf. They promptly begin throwing down with Luigi and Fox, and begin to overpower them. Link is about to go over and help, when suddenly he is hit by a large sword and flies into the side of a building. He looks up weakly and a cackle is heard before Ganondorf begins charging up a dark energy ball. Some of revamped Ganondorf's gameplay footage is shown off, also containing Wario and Wolf. This leaves Mario, Kirby, Samus, Donkey Kong, and Captain Falcon on the field.

Bowser and Dedede suddenly jump down from the airships and begin fighting Mario and Kirby, leaving only Samus, Donkey Kong, and Captain Falcon to try and take down the airships. As Captain Falcon jumps up to punch a ship, an all too familiar Lord of Darkness suddenly tackles him; BLACK SHADOW DARKENS THE BATTLEFIELD! Cue Black Shadow's gameplay footage as taking Ganondorf's former moveset, with a few twists of his own. Black Shadow promptly begins tussling with Falcon and the two leave Samus and Donkey Kong to fend off everyone else. However, three figures watch from a cliff...

Donkey Kong sprints and begins punching enemies that are appearing all around him, but ends up punching a golden surface too hard for him. He looks up to see a grinning King K. Rool, who aims his blunderbuss at DK's face and pulls the trigger; KING K. ROOL KRUSHES THE KOMPETITION! Some King K. Rool gameplay footage is shown, including his super armor, his single jump, and his blunderbuss. Donkey Kong and King K. Rool fight each other as Samus shoots at the ships, the camera pans around the battle.

Back on the cliff, the clip from the Smash Direct of Ridley's shadow above Pyrosphere. A pair of glowing eyes narrow at this memory, before he spreads his wings and takes flight. A devastating roar is heard, and the entire battle stops. The camera pans up to reveal Ridley, who gives a sadistic grin before roaring once more; RIDLEY MAKES HIS BIG DEBUT! Ridley's gameplay footage is shown, showcasing his flight mechanic. Although Ridley has joined the battle, there is one for figure on the cliff...

Suddenly, green energy surrounds everyone, paralyzing them. The camera swoops up to the culprit, who simply opens his blue glowing eyes before giving the most chilling laugh yet, and throwing everyone away; MEWTWO STRIKES BACK! Mewtwo is shown in his full glory in gameplay footage, with the hype levels overloading. Now, lead by Mewtwo, the villains look down on the weakened heroes before all letting out a laugh and posing. The trailer ends.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't really care what Ridley's reveal is. I honestly think it will be past the point of trailers...
but if not,I want a moment at the end (or if so, I want a momet in the game)

To be Olimar (smallest) throwing a derpy Pikmin at Ridley (biggest), and
a- it bouncing off of him, doing nothing, but Olimar looking at the Camera, straight face
b- it hits Ridley's back, he turns to face Olimar, straight face
c- it zooms in on Ridley slow motion, we see his face say 'nooo' dramatically,' and he gets K.O'd

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
My reaction to Ridley getting confirmed would be something like...
"..." Speechless.

By the way, has anyone thought of how funny it would be to see Ridley get Screen KO'd?! Now that'd be a sight to see!

Last edited:
Top Bottom