• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
My reaction to Ridley getting confirmed would be something like...
"..." Speechless.

By the way, has anyone thought of how funny it would be to see Ridley get Screen KO'd?! Now that'd be a sight to see!
Someone on here already drew a picture of that, but I can't remember who. Lets hope they'll post it.

Edit: Just as I thought, :4greninja:'d.

Last edited:

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
So it's been 600 pages since I've posted here. Anything new or still the same things being recycled for the sake of having something to talk about?

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
We all know what will happen when Ridley is revealed.

Basically, all the people who are complaining would be the detractors.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
Guys, I think Rildey is getting to me. I had a total of three unrelated dream at different times last night, all revolving around a Ridley reveal trailer. I repeatedly tried to verify that it wasn't a dream (and apparently was convinced it wasn't) but sadly, it was.
Also, in my dream Ness was the last character revealed before Ridley. Don't know what the significance is of that, but oh well.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
No PotD yet....what could this mean!?

It seems like the longer Sakurai takes to upload them, the more important they are.
Oh, I don't know about that... :ohwell: You can NEVER predict what Sakurai will do. The day he revealed the Tomodachi Life stage, that took a LOOOOOOOooonng time. And we were all expecting Yoshi to be confirmed...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I just got back from a night out, so I may as well stay up for the PotD, even though that's usually not my thing.

Although I doubt it's a newcomer, it may be another banner saying newcomer Monday again. That'd be something.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I just got back from a night out, so I may as well stay up for the PotD, even though that's usually not my thing.

Although I doubt it's a newcomer, it may be another banner saying newcomer Monday again. That'd be something.
Let's hope so.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
3am and still no PotD?

...this is maddening.

is it gonna be a ridley deconfirmation, and sakurai is just dragging it out like the sick, twisted, evil man he is... or is it gonna be COMPLETELY anticlimactic and be some random smash run stuff or another random picture of nothing new...

i just wish the speculation could end... YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, SAKURAI!

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I suspect there is only one newcomer trailer left and that it won't be released till 2 weeks before the japanese release at the earliest.

At which point it will reveal:
Ridley
Scott
and Isaac
from binding of Isaac
I regret everything!
Please send help!

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I suspect there is only one newcomer trailer left and that it won't be released till 2 weeks before the japanese release at the earliest.

At which point it will reveal:
Ridley
Scott
and Isaac
from binding of Isaac
I regret everything!
Please send help!
Am I the only one who would think Isaac from The Binding of Isaac, would be fascinating, especially if Nintendo had to find a way to make him not just a representative of his franchise, but also keep a T or lower rating? Heh Obviously, I don't actually support him getting in, but if he did, that would be in interesting thing to think about.

3 weeks left, 22 days, until Ridleys fate is revealed. The countdown is getting more intense.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I suspect he would be interesting character. I imagine his splash page would read:
Isaac
Weeps for the competition!

Oh, uh and Ridley would enjoy seeing that... (staying on topic?)

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Anyone remember this that someone posted awhile back? (yeah, it's Ridley related) Just tried it again to kill some time while waiting for the PotD and got a high score of 8. Beware my flapping/flying skillz. :yeahboi:

http://apps.apolinariopassos.com.br/flappygenerator/flappy-ridley-is-too-big/

Just click repeatedly to make Ridley flap and watch out for Sakurai.
*tries to break my record again*

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
3am and still no PotD?

...this is maddening.

is it gonna be a ridley deconfirmation, and sakurai is just dragging it out like the sick, twisted, evil man he is... or is it gonna be COMPLETELY anticlimactic and be some random smash run stuff or another random picture of nothing new...

i just wish the speculation could end... YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, SAKURAI!
We're really coming down to the wire now. The time for Ridley's reveal is coming soon. We're at the final stretch so in other words: The waiting has reached it's break point. It is becoming a lot more intense.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If it's a veteran, Ice Climbers.

If it's a newcomer, please be Ridley.

If it's an Assist Trophy, please be Shulk.

Please Understand.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who would think Isaac from The Binding of Isaac, would be fascinating, especially if Nintendo had to find a way to make him not just a representative of his franchise, but also keep a T or lower rating? Heh Obviously, I don't actually support him getting in, but if he did, that would be in interesting thing to think about.

3 weeks left, 22 days, until Ridleys fate is revealed. The countdown is getting more intense.
where the hell did this even come from?

binding of isaac isnt even a nintendo game... and it never will be, since nintendo turned it away due to all the religious stuff.

also, i highly doubt they'd ever put something like isaac in smash bros... there is just no way something like that could be toned down enough for it while remaining loyal to the original game.

as for ridley... am i the only one losing hope as time goes on?

look, the hype WAS at its peak awhile ago, but now it just feel like its starting to dip and will eventually sink entirely... at this point, even if ridley is confirmed playable in the next week or two, i dont think i'd be nearly as excited as i could have been.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
If it's a veteran, Ice Climbers.

If it's a newcomer, please be Ridley.

If it's an Assist Trophy, please be Shulk.

Please Understand.
I doubt he'll show a PoTD with Rids unless he's deconfirming him. I see Rids only being in one of the last or the penultimate trailer before release.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Hmm... An interesting wager. I'll take a piece of that. I bet $200 that it's a picture of a stage or an already existing character confirmed for the game.
That's very specific. I'll add another $100 betting on you being wrong.

Nah, I want Falco...

Goddamnit Sakurai.....I don't want to go to sleep yet....and I have so Ridley tracing to do later in the day before Dalek gets angry at me....
I want Falco too, but for some reason I feel like the next trailer is going to involve the Star Fox crew.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

I want Falco too, but for some reason I feel like the next trailer is going to involve the Star Fox crew.
May the gods be with me and guide me to the light and please, please be right.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF

I feel like if Falco gets PotD announcement at this point we may not see Wolf.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
where the hell did this even come from?

binding of isaac isnt even a nintendo game... and it never will be, since nintendo turned it away due to all the religious stuff.

also, i highly doubt they'd ever put something like isaac in smash bros... there is just no way something like that could be toned down enough for it while remaining loyal to the original game.
I know, I just thought it was a fascinating idea, brought up by someone else.

Nah, I want Falco...

Goddamnit Sakurai.....I don't want to go to sleep yet....and I have so Ridley tracing to do later in the day before Dalek gets angry at me....
Im sure your next few drawings will be amazing as always. :D

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
From what I noticed, 2:00 AM - 3:00 AM (based on my time) is when Stages/Veterans appear. So if stage, I hope for Donkey Kong related as there hasn't even been one I think. If character, PLEASE be someone NOT on the leak.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Any veteran can confirm if the leak is fake. We'll see the character art and if it doesn't match in the leak, then we'll know.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Guys I found Ridley, he is busy singing back up for Kraid!

(Umm it swears and stuff and idk if I have to mention that...)

Also for Ridleys' taunt I agree that the Baby Metroid in the capsule should be used in some way shape or form.
I was trying to find an excuse to post that video after it had been shown to me a couple days ago. But I completely overlooked Ridley's appearance in it.

Top Bottom