• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That sentiment is certainly something that I expected from some, "relationship jokes" such as that one can certainly be considered a sensitive subject (crosses the line for some, etc.).

Tbh my sense of humor is twisted to say the least, and is really hit or miss, there's no in-between, so people either like it or hate it, as is the case with my shipping jokes.

I didn't mean to offend anyone by the way, if I start crossing lines feel free to start screaming at me.
[collapse=This part is tangential from this thread's subject matter]
Because I don't have a very good sense of these "moral lines" that people have with regards to what jokes will or will not offend them.

Toying with people (in that way with the user ship and Andrea's reaction, for instance) is simply something that amuses me, which I guess means you can call my sense of humor sadistic, in a sense (which is logical considering I am at least partially sadistic (I find violence amusing/entertaining)).
[/collapse]

Kind of makes sense why I'm such a fan of Ridley now, huh?

Anyways:

For the sake of preserving the sanity of some of our regulars (namely @CrypticSpark and @Skyblade12 ), and to keep the mods from cracking down on us for continually delving into off-topic subject matter, I would say that any further leak talk should be kept out of this thread.

We all got burned out on the earlier leak anyways, now I imagine most of us want to have some time to recover from that grand mess, i.e. not discuss any other leaks (not that this is the place to discuss such leaks in the first place, but still).

Moving on:

(Realistic) Taunt Ideas:
Up Taunt:

Ridley rears his head back slightly and then brings it forwards (while bringing his arms downwards (think what Goku does when going Super Saiyan)) and lets out a roar, his wings expanding fully behind him for the duration of the roar.

Side Taunt:

Ridley brings one of his arms up to/near his face and slyly chuckles to himself (think like he is looking at his nails, and then chuckles)

Down Taunt:

Ridley fiercely stabs his tail into the ground (jackhammer motion) twice behind him, then lets out a short roar while on all fours.

What are your thoughts on these ^?

EDIT: Forgot about the Baby Metroid thing, that would probably be better for his Side Taunt than what I have written above.
=__= Soulless, you really give me headaches.....

I should TRY to draw some of the Ridley taunts......

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
I heard that the characters in the game might take battle damage. What would Ridley's Battle Damage look like?

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I heard that the characters in the game might take battle damage. What would Ridley's Battle Damage look like?
Why in a spoiler? I was under the impression that conversation prompts weren't off topic?

I think he'll probably rip his wings like in Other M. The only other thing I can think of is to show scratches and, though it's a stretch, chip / crack his claws.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
What if Sakurai is watching this forum and is withholding the reveal of Ridely...:urg:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Then I hope he's able to read english more fluently than he lets on?

Welcome to the forums, btw.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Even when Ghirahim is deconfirmed, Ridley survives.

Even when Sakurai shows Ridley's shadow, Ridley survives.

Even when Sakurai's concept of a second makes Valve blush, Ridley survives.

Even when Smash 4's biggest leak finally happens and shows off a roster without Ridley, it supports Ridley.

If nothing else, the Smash 4 Hype Train has certainly shown off Ridley's canon ability to just. Not. Die

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Bananija said:

Welcome! Just don't drink the water and everythings will be fine.;)
Thank you! And I'll... keep that in mind.

Bravetriforcer:

Even when Ghirahim is deconfirmed, Ridley survives.

Even when Sakurai shows Ridley's shadow, Ridley survives.

Even when Sakurai's concept of a second makes Valve blush, Ridley survives.

Even when Smash 4's biggest leak finally happens and shows off a roster without Ridley, it supports Ridley.
If nothing else, the Smash 4 Hype Train has certainly shown off Ridley's canon ability to just. Not. Die
And that, my friend, is why I shall support him until the end! ...And then continue to support him until he gets in a Super Smash Brothers game.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
I have been watching this thread for the past months before i made my account and its been a real hoot. You have my support

D

Deleted member

Thank you! And I'll... keep that in mind.

And that, my friend, is why I shall support him until the end! ...And then continue to support him until he gets in a Super Smash Brothers game.
If you don't already know, you can hit the "Reply" button in the bottom right of a person's post and the post in its entirety will be automatically quoted for you (it will look like your post that I quoted above does when posted), it will save you the trouble of copy/pasting what they said or actually typing their entire post out with the Quote Function.

It will make your Smashboards life a little bit easier. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Please refrain from posting one word/image posts.

Nope it's legit :)
It doesn't matter if it is or isn't. Until we see Ridley, please keep leak-specific talk out of this thread.

Hype is allowed, of course.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just like that

@ IsmaR IsmaR X The Ridley Support Thread?

Watch me get infracted for this.

So this is what Rock Bottom feels like... my how I've fallen.
I was more so referring to how it figures that with everything I do around here, it's seen as love-hate.

I could maybe see it if I fed off of toobigotry/spam instead of love.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
I want Sakurai to post a POTD that has Ridley in the back of it and then he acts like,
"Oh that? Thats Ridley. He's playable. No big deal."

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
If you don't already know, you can hit the "Reply" button in the bottom right of a person's post and the post in its entirety will be automatically quoted for you (it will look like your quoted that I quoted above does when posted), it will save you the trouble of copy/pasting what they said or actually typing their entire post out with the Quote Function.

It will make your Smashboards life a little bit easier. :)
Oh... I did not know that. Thank you!

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Lotsa fresh blood lately. Nice to see more supporters.

What PotD do you guys think we're in store for in a few hours? I know I've said this every Thursday the past few weeks, but......

Trailer/Direct Announcement!?

I feel like we may get another veteran, to be honest.

Last edited:

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
So I'm assuming the general consesus is that classic Ridley is a much more appealing and suitable incarnation to use than Roidley? Is it mostly due to nostalgia coupled with the fact that Other M itself was a bad game, thus having Roidley associated with a negative sentiment while actually not being bad himself? What if his smash appearance was an amalgamation of both classic and other m?

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
Lotsa fresh blood lately. Nice to see more supporters.

What PotD do you guys think we're in store for in a few hours? I know I've said this every thursday the past few weeks, but......

Trailer Announcement!?
I want a direct announcement for like the 26th :4villager:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
So I'm assuming the general consesus is that classic Ridley is a much more appealing and suitable incarnation to use than Roidley? Is it mostly due to nostalgia coupled with the fact that Other M itself was a bad game, thus having Roidley associated with a negative sentiment while actually not being bad himself? What if his smash appearance was an amalgamation of both classic and other m?
Not going to happen. Other M's most recent, unless they've got a model ready for an upcoming game they're going to use Roidley, so you may as well get used to him. :glare:

R0Y

Smash Master
Against all odds, let us hype. There might be a tiny number of newcomers left who weren't in the leak. Also, don't be 100 percent certain it's actually an ESRB source, regardless of the videos, ESPECIALLY if there may be newcomers remaining that weren't unlocked in the leak, which has been implied by @Swampasaur and @MASTERLINKX. It's a real mystery how it spread within a secret community so well before any of us got anything.

We're left with more questions than answers, for sure.

Top Bottom