• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I'll just leave this here
This leak did mention Ridley directly. I talked about the leak as a whole, though. You're unintelligent because you're partially guilty of the last thing IsmaR mentioned. You're too condescending for your own good.

Back to Ridley though, as we have less then a month for a Japan launch, we will get a reveal soon.
Very true statement. Won't be long now. However, is this good news or bad news?

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Glide? Last time I checked Ridley flies...You know..like a normal pterodactyl....
You mean dragon.

Since you know, pterodactyls actually glide and lack arms and don't breathe fire and have puny legs. Dragons fly and actually fit the other mentioned characteristics.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
This leak did mention Ridley directly. I talked about the leak as a whole, though. You're unintelligent because you're partially guilty of the last thing IsmaR mentioned. You're too condescending for your own good.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

Very true statement. Won't be long now. However, is this good news or bad news?
You try to shoehorn Ridley in and all of a sudden it's valid? You even say you don't know what to think of Ridley

The whole idea of talking about leaks is pointless, there's that many that of course one is going to be right, yet is baffles me why people think the next leak will be legit. The only reason I even made the post I did on the leak was because all the leaks do is seem to derail the thread and I didn't understand why people were still talking about them here, there's a thread for leaks.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Would anyone be opposed to Dr. Ivo Robotnik joining the roster?
Yes, and also, as many users have said already, kind of irrelevant. This thread's for the R of R's, not the Dr. of Robotniks!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
He drank the Plum Juice. He's allergic to Plums.
(Someone get the refrence, please.)
Rayman 3 FTW!

Well, back to Ridley, with the mentioning of Off-topic :ness2:, what seems like the most likely date for Ridley's possible reveal? I feel like any later then the end of August and I'll start getting worried.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

The "I'll just leave this here" really rustled my jimmies.

You try to shoehorn Ridley in and all of a sudden it's valid? You even say you don't know what to think of Ridley

The whole idea of talking about leaks is pointless, there's that many that of course one is going to be right, yet is baffles me why people think the next leak will be legit. The only reason I even made the post I did on the leak was because all the leaks do is seem to derail the thread and I didn't understand why people were still talking about them here, there's a thread for leaks.

The leak was the current topic. There is a thread for leaks, but that "topic" mentioned Ridley directly and it gave possibly new info on him. Any leak could be legit. "Innocent until proven guilty."

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
More fake leaks? Ugh. Look guys I know there's a drought but there should be news coming any day now, so let's not entertain silly wishlists and just stay on course (i.e. Ridley talk).

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
That's it I'm a fully fledged Ghirahim detractor now and I don't care what others think, because Ghirahim supporters don't seem to give a care in the world about other people here.

This is meant to be a Ridley topic, Ridley!! Is it really that hard to stay on topic? Granted I might not have made as many posts as most people here, but is it too much to ask to stay on topic. I already had a rant about people talking about Ghirahim and not even relating it to Ridley, just use the Ghirahim thread, which can also apply to the other characters.
What the **** is your problem who cares if people go a little off topic

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Any leak with Ghirahim or for that matter, Bandana Dee, was clearly written to play off fan desires and is not real.
Now now, there is a fine line between the Bandana Dee thread and the Ridley thread. That line looks like this:

I don't think you should cross that line here unless you want the mods to attack you.

There is also a line between poking fun and Ghirahim in Smash and poking fun at Bandana Dee in Smash. That is a no touching zone. I don't think you should cross that line unless you want me to attack you. :)

Jokes, jokes, don't take it to heart.=)

I updated the image to match Pyrosphere's lighting in Sm4sh, while also updating the time it was posted and the amount of views/replies to it. Also I did try to add some sort of smoke/particle effects onto the image but it didn't look good so I removed it. Any other recommendations or do you think this is good?

The characters in the screenshot look washed out, as if a filter were applied to them. I don't know if you're willing to go back and recolor Bowser with the colors from the original, but it'd make it look more realistic. Other than that, it looks great. Maybe also if you lightened up Ridley a bit. I imagine Sakurai would make something like a boss hazard more colorful to match the colorfulness of the new game, but that may be too much editing for you to do. Sorry.

Yes, a lot better. Ridley still looks a bit dark (imo) and Bowser is kind of faded (not in color).

Sorry for being a nitpicker about this...

Rewatching through some trailers made me realize something...Look at this.

At 2:00, she is gliding. Didn't they say gliding was cut...? Looks like Ridley is more likely.

AND BEFORE THAT PEACH WAS GLIDING.

RIDLEY CONFIRMED
I assume you're talking about Palutena's flight with the goddess symbol behind her head (didn't watch the video). That is a custom special. I don't think it affects Ridley all too much, sadly.

Listen to what she says, though. "JUMP GLIDE!"
GLIDE
GLIDE
Still could be the name of an up special.

Ghirahim is too FABULOUS for smash.
Anything to keep him out of it works for me Okay.

Back to Ridley though, as we have less then a month for a Japan launch, we will get a reveal soon.
It'll be a shame to see everything we have here come to an end, for better or for worse. (That wasn't sarcasm if it sounded like it.) :confused:

EDITED FOR: Spoiler Mishap

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh. See I was confused. "Brotherly Instinct" works now. Neat/cute sketch, by the way. I wonder if they'll have Little Birdy or Dogley as a trophy in Sm4sh.
Thanks....but I know that later when they were fully grown up, it ended like this:
SCAN0147.JPG

Nah...it just one of Roidley's nightmares....

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Someone started talking about a petition to get Ridley in the game as DLC, which seemed harmless at the time, then it turned out that they didn't think Ridley would get in without them being DLC, so people started stating that Sakurai wouldn't add him as DLC (as Sakurai isn't a fan of the concept), and it escalated into a topic about the idea of DLC in the 1st place, that derailed the thread and took up a few pages. That's why I hated it when people do it, it can start a snowball effect. Another is the trophy quiz, that can start with people talking about possibilities that could imply Ridley is supported by the idea, to what Zelda rep would be the best suited and have no trace of Ridley left.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I just dotn want the Ridley topic to turn into the Smash Bros miiverse community. Nothing is ever on topic, just memes, anime character requests and children doing what children do online, give older people headaches. I really should stop going there. -_-

Thanks....but I know that later when they were fully grown up, it ended like this:

Nah...it just one of Roidley's nightmares....
I like that picture a lot. Not because of its context, but because it looks amazing. :D

Nightmares grand return,
Is a beacon to villains,
Ridley is coming.
Random Ridley poems could help us all, I think.

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
Now now, there is a fine line between the Bandana Dee thread and the Ridley thread. That line looks like this:

I don't think you should cross that line here unless you want the mods to attack you.

There is also a line between poking fun and Ghirahim in Smash and poking fun at Bandana Dee in Smash. That is a no touching zone. I don't think you should cross that line unless you want me to attack you. :)

Jokes, jokes, don't take it to heart.=)

The characters in the screenshot look washed out, as if a filter were applied to them. I don't know if you're willing to go back and recolor Bowser with the colors from the original, but it'd make it look more realistic. Other than that, it looks great. Maybe also if you lightened up Ridley a bit. I imagine Sakurai would make something like a boss hazard more colorful to match the colorfulness of the new game, but that may be too much editing for you to do. Sorry.

Yes, a lot better. Ridley still looks a bit dark (imo) and Bowser is kind of faded (not in color).

Sorry for being a nitpicker about this...

I assume you're talking about Palutena's flight with the goddess symbol behind her head (didn't watch the video). That is a custom special. I don't think it affects Ridley all too much, sadly.

Still could be the name of an up special.

Anything to keep him out of it works for me Okay.

It'll be a shame to see everything we have here come to an end, for better or for worse. (That wasn't sarcasm if it sounded like it.) :confused:

EDITED FOR: Spoiler Mishap
In this picture of Ridley as a boss, Is this real or fake?

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
It's really no problem at all. I did add a filter because I was trying to match Pyrosphere's color in Smash Bros. to that of the background in the image, as it's sort of brown in Sm4sh:

But now relooking I do see that the characters look horribly washed out as well. With that said, here is the new version of it that I've quickly whipped up. I'll also post the old one to show how it looks comparatively in order of when they were originally created. The first one doesn't work because the background is too heavy in red/orange, and the second one doesn't work because of how washed out the characters are, so I hope the third one is a good balance between the two.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
It's really no problem at all. I did add a filter because I was trying to match Pyrosphere's color in Smash Bros. to that of the background in the image, as it's sort of brown in Sm4sh:

But now relooking I do see that the characters look horribly washed out as well. With that said, here is the new version of it that I've quickly whipped up. I'll also post the old one to show how it looks comparatively in order of when they were originally created. The first one doesn't work because the background is too heavy in red/orange, and the second one doesn't work because of how washed out the characters are, so I hope the third one is a good balance between the two.

Awesome, looks great! Thanks, it's a great balance imo.

"No hotlinking"

Looks like you'll need an alternate picture of the PotD because that one won't show up. :(

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAABnUYnWb9pUTQ

And if you wanted this for anything. It's a full rip of the stage. I had it as my computer wallpaper two months ago.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Warning Received
Starting tomorrow, it's back to me swimming in Chlorinated Water every day 'round 10AM EST.
Gah, I hate Swim School. So much Chlorine gets in your tearducts. QQ
I hope we get nice PotD's this week, and I especially hope that we get a Nintendo Direct. (As long as it's not going on from 10AM-11AM EST. I don't wanna miss it.)

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
You know, I really don't think Sakurai keeps up with stuff like this....
I was about to say this. As much as i think we will get a reveal soon, Sakurai ignores alto of anniversaries, so why he would focus on a stage reveals I don't understand. I suppose, it could happen, just seems unlikely it will amount to anything.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
You know, I really don't think Sakurai keeps up with stuff like this....
most likely the case... im not expecting anything special this week, certainly not anything having to do with ridley.

anyone expecting to be blown away, is only gonna be disappointed.

i am far too depressed to have much hope for ridley, anymore.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I was about to say this. As much as i think we will get a reveal soon, Sakurai ignores alto of anniversaries, so why he would focus on a stage reveals I don't understand. I suppose, it could happen, just seems unlikely it will amount to anything.
He celebrated the 100th PotD, so you'd think he atleast knows about this.
The real question is; Will he care? owo

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
He celebrated the 100th PotD, so you'd think he atleast knows about this.
The real question is; Will he care? owo
True, but that is more like celebrating a milestone then a specific pictures anniversary.
I'm honestly expecting nothing metroid related that day, most likely more info on Meta knights changes then anything related to Ridley. Unfortunate, but maybe we will get a pleasant surprise.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
MeandPikachu posted the ridley pic on the ridley fan page on facebook. im coming up with the silliest responses to prove that its real. the spreading has started

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
MeandPikachu posted the ridley pic on the ridley fan page on facebook. im coming up with the silliest responses to prove that its real. the spreading has started
That is just peachy.
I hope your endeavors of making that dream-crusher seem real die in a fire. :happysheep:
All hail the Dragon.
Shokio's Ego is too big.
Shokio is stupid.
Hail Ridley.

Last edited:
Top Bottom