• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Do you think people would have speculated Ridley as a boss before he was revealed as a stage hazard? It feels as if he has been gradually building up for Ridley to be a stage boss before actually officially revealing him. When the Yellow Devil first appeared in the Megaman trailer, no one knew that he would be a boss until Sakurai officially told them. With Ridley, he mentioned a boss on the Pyrosphere when the stage was first revealed and then showed the shadow. I think he's just building up hype since Ridley as a stage boss would be pretty awesome if you think about it, because the player who defeats him gets a boost to help them in battle. I think the reason Sakurai only showed the shadow is because Ridley will be a stronger stage boss and the fight against him will be more intense than the Yellow Devil's.

Best argument ever, gg. (found it on your tube)
Eh, it isn't bad, but Yellow Devil wasn't (and isn't) even close to the position Ridley is in in terms of popularity. I guess I could see Ridley giving powerups in the form of energy orbs (health pickups), but that's about it.

Why is Ridley so big?
oh for the love of

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
That's it I'm a fully fledged Ghirahim detractor now and I don't care what others think, because Ghirahim supporters don't seem to give a care in the world about other people here.

This is meant to be a Ridley topic, Ridley!! Is it really that hard to stay on topic? Granted I might not have made as many posts as most people here, but is it too much to ask to stay on topic. I already had a rant about people talking about Ghirahim and not even relating it to Ridley, just use the Ghirahim thread, which can also apply to the other characters.
Jesus, relax. I was making a comment about the leak because it was posted here. I'm not for or against Ghirahim. I was being objective about it. The topic was the leak because it involved Ridley.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
There should really be some sort of rule against Spoiler nesting, it is really, really annoying.
I completely concur. I have a thing where I like to read everything in a post, because it might be something I'd like to comment on. I don't want to have to scroll all the way down to the quick-reply box or to open all the spoilers at once to see the message.

On-topic, Ridley will allways be too big. Either too big or too small, anyway. If boss, too big to be playable. If playable, too small and not right for character/disproportionate, of course.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Is it me or is today's posting's a lot more aggressive than usual?
well there was a detractor today(he used the same reasoning as every other detractor that comes here) and then peoples replies to the leak link might seem harsh :/ eh. wasnt as aggressive as previous ones

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
well there was a detractor today(he used the same reasoning as every other detractor that comes here) and then peoples replies to the leak link might seem harsh :/ eh. wasnt as aggressive as previous ones
We really get worn out with the tractors of dee.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Rewatching through some trailers made me realize something...Look at this.

At 2:00, she is gliding. Didn't they say gliding was cut...? Looks like Ridley is more likely.

AND BEFORE THAT PEACH WAS GLIDING.

RIDLEY CONFIRMED

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I completely concur. I have a thing where I like to read everything in a post, because it might be something I'd like to comment on. I don't want to have to scroll all the way down to the quick-reply box or to open all the spoilers at once to see the message.

On-topic, Ridley will allways be too big. Either too big or too small, anyway. If boss, too big to be playable. If playable, too small and not right for character/disproportionate, of course.
You can probably report nested spoilers as spam.

Last edited:

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
I updated the image to match Pyrosphere's lighting in Sm4sh, while also updating the time it was posted and the amount of views/replies to it. Also I did try to add some sort of smoke/particle effects onto the image but it didn't look good so I removed it. Any other recommendations or do you think this is good?

This looks so real that I want to cry. This is the daily screen that I know could show up any day. This is the daily screen that haunts my dreams.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725

At 2:00, she is gliding. Didn't they say gliding was cut...? Looks like Ridley is more likely.
It looks more like she is floating for a bit, like Peach. Im curious if she is locked in it or not, as she appeared to be gliding off the stage, heh.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

That's hovering. There's a distinct difference between that and gliding, which doesn't really hurt Ridley's chances anyway.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I can't say I like the idea of making a fake pic of the day to try and stir up trouble. It's like asking for karma to bite you in the ass.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

I'm pretty sure gliding is cut. That's her recovery move. Also.

Gliding, flying, and hovering aren't the same thing. At all. This doesn't affect Ridley.

Last edited:

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
That's it I'm a fully fledged Ghirahim detractor now and I don't care what others think, because Ghirahim supporters don't seem to give a care in the world about other people here.

This is meant to be a Ridley topic, Ridley!! Is it really that hard to stay on topic? Granted I might not have made as many posts as most people here, but is it too much to ask to stay on topic. I already had a rant about people talking about Ghirahim and not even relating it to Ridley, just use the Ghirahim thread, which can also apply to the other characters.

Ghirahim is too FABULOUS for smash.

I'm sorry. I had to get that out of my system.

Anyways, I have been browsing though some fake leaks and such. Why when people make fake leaks (featuring the Riddler), they use the Brawl models? If you're going to play with my feelings you could at least put some effort into it.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

This is pretty much limited to her. She can attack during it too, as well as change directions if I recall correctly. That said, it's closer to Peach's hover than actual gliding.
EDIT: The move is called Jump Glide because the power in KI:U is called that.

He drank the Plum Juice. He's allergic to Plums.
(Someone get the refrence, please.)
He still has these sporadic fits in which he just starts belching up these purple bubbles.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Listen to what she says, though. "JUMP GLIDE!"
GLIDE
GLIDE
It's part of her recovery move. She may be the only character that can "glide." Meta Knight and Pit can't glide anymore. I don't know about Charizard. I'm pretty sure Sakurai stated a while ago that gliding from Brawl was removed.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Palutena uses the various powers you can get and equip to Pit in Uprising. One of those powers is Jump Glide. It's one of her attacks. :facepalm:
Yes, and that is called Jump Glide. My point is that this counters people who say "NOPE NO GLIDES RIDLEY DECONFIRMED"

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Would anyone be opposed to Dr. Ivo Robotnik joining the roster?
VILLAINS FOR THE VILLAIN GOD
EVIL FOR THE EVIL THRONE

In other words yea, 's alright.
That ain't Ridley tho.

Yes, and that is called Jump Glide. My point is that this counters people who say "NOPE NO GLIDES RIDLEY DECONFIRMED"
I thought it was unanimous now that Ridley has a flying gimmick, and not a gliding gimmick.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ghirahim is too FABULOUS for smash.
*insert GIF of Ghirahim dancing here*
Listen to what she says, though. "JUMP GLIDE!"
GLIDE
GLIDE
She also says Rocket Jump, but I don't see any Rockets or Self-Damage anywhere. :|
I'm pretty sure gliding is cut. That's her recovery move. Also.

Gliding, flying, and hovering aren't the same thing. At all. This doesn't affect Ridley.
'Xactly.
I can't say I like the idea of making a fake pic of the day to try and stir up trouble. It's like asking for karma to bite you in the ***.
Don't you just love it when people get mad at you for making a joke, though? Miiverse sure as hell doesn't.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Would anyone be opposed to Dr. Ivo Robotnik joining the roster?
A bit, because I don't want Smash Bros to slowly turn into Sonic Battle, which could very well happen if we open the possibility of more then one third party character per franchise. But then, I'm one of the people who was annoyed Snake got in at all.

Back to Ridley though, as we have less then a month for a Japan launch, we will get a reveal soon.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Ok. I mixed up gliding and floating...Mah bad. Looked through what you guys said and you're right. However, I still would say that the fact that there are now 2 characters confirmed to have floating mechanics means really good things for Ridley.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Glide? Last time I checked Ridley flies...You know..like a normal pterodactyl....
Actually. With how large of a wing-span pterodactyl's have and how their anatomy was shaped, they probably did much more gliding than flapping their wings. Ridley is clearly a flyer, though.

Last edited:

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
VILLAINS FOR THE VILLAIN GOD
EVIL FOR THE EVIL THRONE

In other words yea, 's alright.
That ain't Ridley tho.
All this talk of Ridley got a bit stale for me, I just thought bringing up another character would spice things up.

A bit, because I don't want Smash Bros to slowly turn into Sonic Battle, which could very well happen if we open the possibility of more then one third party character per franchise. But then, I'm one of the people who was annoyed Snake got in at all.

Back to Ridley though, as we have less then a month for a Japan launch, we will get a reveal soon.
Sonic doesn't necessarily need to have alot of characters, as of recently the series has gotten pretty close to Nintendo and adding another Sonic rep wouldn't hurt.

Specifically Eggman because Tails or Knuckles would be too obvious.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Glide? Last time I checked Ridley flies...You know..like a normal pterodactyl....
As opposed to weird pterodactyls who walk?
That's racist. Check your privilege.

All this talk of Ridley got a bit stale for me, I just thought bringing up another character would spice things up.
Everything is going stale. It's the calm before the storm, but with less tension and more moping about.
And then the direct comes and the thread spontaneously grows another 50 pages.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I'll just leave this here

The things I do to keep up with this thread.

Effective immediately, ANY off topic character/leak/whatever discussion gets warned. No exceptions. This isn't the Ghiranim, Dark whatever, or Metroid General Discussion thread. Furthermore, any leaks not having to pertain with Ridley (as in DIRECTLY mentioning him, not just "x being fake/true means Ridley is much more likely!") do not need to be brought up here. Nor does everyone who has differing opinions need to be told to leave/stop "trolling."

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Sonic doesn't necessarily need to have alot of characters, as of recently the series has gotten pretty close to Nintendo and adding another Sonic rep wouldn't hurt.

Specifically Eggman because Tails or Knuckles would be too obvious.
Speaking of Eggman... This leak suggests he is going to be a newcomer...I guess you couldn't expect less from a site like 4chan. It talks about a villains trailer WITHOUT Ridley.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
As opposed to weird pterodactyls who walk?
That's racist. Check your privilege.

Everything is going stale. It's the calm before the storm, but with less tension and more moping about.
And then the direct comes and the thread spontaneously grows another 50 pages.
Well I'm sorry for forgeting that Ridley actually likes land in the new games...

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I can't say I like the idea of making a fake pic of the day to try and stir up trouble. It's like asking for karma to bite you in the ***.
She's also been waiting for the ripe opprotunity to bite Nin10'doUltra in ass...only she'll be doing much worse to him. :troll:

Top Bottom