• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
aug 20th PotD: Pyrosphere? again we saw this stage a million times and got no new info about it. well that is because I was hiding the stage boss from you guys! known for being very big its the one the only... (cuts off)

comment section PotD:

Oh ya and Ridley is playable too.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I hope Little Birdie(aka baby Ridley) is playable with his evolution gimmick.

You start as little birdie. Then you become teen Ridley and after that you become big bad Ridley and he's broken! :)

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Someone probably already pointed this out, but Wednesday marks one year since the Pyrosphere stage was announced.
Maybe Ridley's fate will be revealed then?
I can honestly see Sakurai saying something like:
'Pic of the day. Pyrosphere was announced last year this day. And to celebrate...
'(Picture of Meta Ridley on the stage) The boss character of the Pyrosphere, Meta Ridley! Remember when I said 'someone from Samus' would appear'? Well, meant to say a clone of someone. My mistake.'
:p

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
That would be convenient, but highly unlikely. Personally I doubt we will ever see Meta Ridley again.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Someone probably already pointed this out, but Wednesday marks one year since the Pyrosphere stage was announced.
'Pic of the day. Pyrosphere was announced last year this day. And to celebrate...
'(Picture of Meta Ridley on the stage) The boss character of the Pyrosphere, Meta Ridley! Remember when I said 'someone from Samus' would appear'? Well, meant to say a clone of someone. My mistake.'
:p
And then ridley would bassically be confirmed as a playable character leaving no suprise to people who watch his trailer thus ending the trolling in the most anticlimactic way possible.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
That would be convenient, but highly unlikely. Personally I doubt we will ever see Meta Ridley again.
If Retro makes more Metroid games I wouldn't rule that out (please do Retro I love the Prime series).

Also, Sakurai probably doesn't care about the Pyrosphere anniversary, but even so..I'm kinda nervous. I can't predict what this man will do.

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping for something Ridley/Pyrosphere related on Wednesday too, but I doubt it now. PoTD stage reveals have mainly focused on 3DS stages since it’s a month away, so why bother talking about Pyrosphere now?

Although I do hope we've reached the point where we'll get a vet/newcomer trailer every Wednesday, but that's wishful thinking.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
I can probably guarantee you that Ridley will be seen in most online matches I play. sorta like how you couldn't play a single match of online brawl without seeing someone play as Ike. (well, that and lag:troll:)

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
I can probably guarantee you that Ridley will be seen in most online matches I play. sorta like how you couldn't play a single match of online brawl without seeing someone play as Ike. (well, that and lag:troll:)

sorry bout the double post :(

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Two more days until Sakurai posts a trophy of him doing the cinnamon challenge or whatever, and we all debate the implications it has on Ridley's chances.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Looks like the image was posted on gamefaqs as someone was looking through this thread and posted it. Oh well. :p

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
We get excited for the 20th Reveal, and then he'll say something like "Pic of the Day. He's big. He's bad. It's the leader of the Space Pirates. Ridley joins Smash...(Text too long! Read comments)

"as a boss!"

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
We get excited for the 20th Reveal, and then he'll say something like "Pic of the Day. He's big. He's bad. It's the leader of the Space Pirates. Ridley joins Smash...(Text too long! Read comments)

"as a boss!"
This between the back of the box leaking = inexplicable mass suicides.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I just dotn want the Ridley topic to turn into the Smash Bros miiverse community. Nothing is ever on topic, just memes, anime character requests and children doing what children do online, give older people headaches. I really should stop going there. -_-
Yeah I'd hate it if we talked about anything other than "omg let's get hyped for Ridley reveal for no reason! !!"

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Yeah I'd hate it if we talked about anything other than "omg let's get hyped for Ridley reveal for no reason! !!"
I fail to see the issue. If you want another subject, there are other threads most-likely dedicated to them. Out of curousity, why focus on the ability to be off topic in the first place?

Interesting. I did not know there was still such significant Ridley "hate", but then again, I cant talk on that, Snake hate and all. :p

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wednesday's picture will be Samus standing on Pyrosphere, with Ridley's shadow on the ground in front of her.

"A mysterious figure appears on the Pyrosphere! What role could this dragon have?"

No other information is given, and Sakurai sits back and watches as various online Smash Bros. communities tear themselves and the image apart, looking through the image with a fine-toothed comb to prove that Ridley is or isn't playable with this new piece of evidence.

Sakurai: *laughs*

Top Bottom