• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Wednesday's picture will be Samus standing on Pyrosphere, with Ridley's shadow on the ground in front of her.

"A mysterious figure appears on the Pyrosphere! What role could this dragon have?"

No other information is given, and Sakurai sits back and watches as various online Smash Bros. communities tear themselves and the image apart, looking through the image with a fine-toothed comb to prove that Ridley is or isn't playable with this new piece of evidence.

Sakurai: *laughs*
Most likely. :laugh:
Also, finished reading that Gamefaq's conversation. My reaction: :laugh:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well, it's over guys, i have official means to confirm that tomorrow's PotD finally shows what we have all been glooming all this time. Sorry.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
What are these official means you speak of?
My Uncle Grandpa works as Sakurai's janitor, and sadly the news indeed go as follows:
Alfonzo replaces Ridley as the boss of Pyrosphere, Alfonzo: "BRRUUAGAGAHAHAGAGAHG"

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
My Uncle Grandpa works as Sakurai's janitor, and sadly the news indeed go as follows:
Alfonzo replaces Ridley as the boss of Pyrosphere, Alfonzo: "BRRUUAGAGAHAHAGAGAHG"
Joking about Ridley being confirmed?
I am not amused. :laugh:

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
My imaginary japanese girlfriend (who happens to be Sakurai's wife's BFF) can vouch for this.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
What the actual **** is he like transforming into a terrifying dragon or something dear god that's horrifying.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I fail to see the issue. If you want another subject, there are other threads most-likely dedicated to them. Out of curousity, why focus on the ability to be off topic in the first place?

Interesting. I did not know there was still such significant Ridley "hate", but then again, I cant talk on that, Snake hate and all. :p
its a pet peeve of mine. just let a conversation play out naturally. it's not like we'll be off topic for more than a few posts before discussing ridley more

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Another one of these rumors

On the rumors thread

Tomorrows potd will reveal a direct

And ridley will be the one shown.
Can we just hype for the few hours we can then.
I wanna hype. Let's hype.
Someone get that GIF of the Rainbow Rave lights and the Ridley head that's always in a spoiler over here again, it's the Hype Hours while this Rumor still stands. For Ridley, we shall hype when not needed to! :013:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Someone get that GIF of the Rainbow Rave lights and the Ridley head that's always in a spoiler over here again, it's the Hype Hours while this Rumor still stands. For Ridley, we shall hype when not needed to! :013:
HYPE, HYPE, HYPE! :laugh:

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
I've always been indifferent to wether or not Ridley is playable in Smash, but the more I think about it, the more awesome the idea sounds :D Hope you're all rewarded with your most wanted newcomer.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
Only had no internet for a day. And instead of coming back to a Ridley PoTD, I am instead treated with Nightmare, which put me in high spirits! So glad he's an Assist. His ability sucks hard though

And people seem to expect something at the Pyrosphere Anniversary. I do not believe we will get anything of significance, but I do fully expect a Direct before the 3DS release date at least. I will be very surprised if it does not come to pass.

---

So IF Ridley is a boss character. How many of you will avoid the pyroshpere like the plaque.
Me! o/

Extremely intrusive stage hazards that detract from the fighting are not fun. At all.

Because Ridley is amazing as a boss
In Metroid games? Sure.

But in Brawl, he was anything but an "amazing" boss. Was it the best they could have done with considering the mechanics and physics of Smash? Probably, but that doesn't mean it was great.

I can't wait to finally play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U only to find out that Ridley isn't in the game

And all traces of the Pyrosphere are gone.
Wouldn't that be twist?

2spooky4me :scared:

A lot of people need to get their expectations in check. Having hope is one thing, but don't trick yourselves here.
I kind of wish this whole "Villain trailer" thing would just die out, honestly. As hype as such a thing would be if it actually took place, people's expectations are starting to get way too high and it's getting really out of hand. You guys are going to end up extremely disappointed.

---

Anyways, does anybody have a gif of Ridley's Shadow on the Pyrosphere? It bothers me. I believe the model that is portraying the shadow was altered and cut together, as his flying animation seems to unnaturally loop over and over before leaving the screen.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hilarious. Happy to be proven wrong.
If only. :\

Eh, that particular post isn't really too far from the truth with how aggressive/overprotective a lot of people here can be when defending Ridley. Personal attacks on others questioning or doubting Ridley have happened aplenty here, much as some may try to pretend it hasn't. Same with some saying they won't get the game if he's not in, whether they be true claims or not. dedekong still fails as a user though for other reasons.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Usually I just lurk but this lack of ridley information is driving crazy. I can stay silent no longer! I need to see ridley playable in this game!

Also, I still believe in the possibility of a general direct this month. My hopes aren't too high but I feel it kind of odd not to have a normal direct.

Also also, I believe that there are people too severe in their beliefs on both sides of the ridley debate. But I also do think coming in here as a detractor is dangerous if not executed very carefully.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

Much hype guise.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, does anybody have a gif of Ridley's Shadow on the Pyrosphere? It bothers me. I believe the model that is portraying the shadow was altered and cut together, as his flying animation seems to unnaturally loop over and over before leaving the screen.
Don't have the gif, but have the gyf. Boop.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I saw some of the previous comments regarding the Pyrosphere, and honestly, it looks like the tamest stage in Smash 4 at the moment - if we say that the lava's for decoration and that there is no boss, this stage is Battlefield with slightly lopsided platforms.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I work for Sakurai's left nostril, and apparently Chica from Five Nights at Freddy's is the stand-in for Ridley on Pyrosphere when picked, Alfonso-style. The only difference is that if Chica catches you, you ain't coming back, no matter what game mode you're in. *Hops on the Freddy bandwagon*

Zynux

Smash Lord
Don't have the gif, but have the gyf. Boop.
Yeaaaah... I'm no expert in this field at all, nor will I pretend to be, but his animation looks all kinds of wrong.

I have a feeling that the whole "shadow" thing isn't how Ridley acts at all (whether boss or playable), but that animation was specifically created for that tease to loom over that spot for a good period of time. However, since I'm overall ignorant on animation, all I will say is that animation really bothers me and doesn't convince me on either playability or boss, but I'm convinced that clip was staged and probably isn't at all useful for how Ridley will actually act, regardless of role.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Honestly i'm rather conflicted about Ridley's inclusion, as a Ridley fan of course i support him, but as a defender of animal's rights, i find it hard to support a character that would probably cause a major Crow genocide.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Honestly i'm rather conflicted about Ridley's inclusion, as a Ridley fan of course i support him, but as a defender of animal's rights, i find it hard to support a character that would probably cause a major Crow genocide.
Eh, screw 'em. Little feathery gits keep stalking me...

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Yeaaaah... I'm no expert in this field at all, nor will I pretend to be, but his animation looks all kinds of wrong.

I have a feeling that the whole "shadow" thing isn't how Ridley acts at all (whether boss or playable), but that animation was specifically created for that tease to loom over that spot for a good period of time. However, since I'm overall ignorant on animation, all I will say is that animation really bothers me and doesn't convince me on either playability or boss, but I'm convinced that clip was staged and probably isn't at all useful for how Ridley will actually act, regardless of role.
I recall someone saying elsewhere that "Ridley" isn't moving at 60 fps, only at about 30 fps, which could make him look a little jerkier. The Yellow Devil also moves at 30 fps. But that's just what someone told me, anyway.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
As Sakurai's kasfjdslajfsdjafksajdksdajfksajdfkds I can confirm RIdley is asjdfksjadfksajdfksdjakfsjadfdsaf

Top Bottom