• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So something like this?

YES YES! Now we need to spread it, but first, we must add those embers/whatever effects and maybe smoke. I dunno. Anyway, post than on GamesFAQ and see what happens.
Brighten up the palette to orange if possible, and we have ourselves a legit "leak".
Its impossible. It is either that kind of orange or red.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Double check for potential errors, then release it on Gamefaqs before the true PotD comes out. Hilarity ensues.
I'd have to change the time and the amount of replies and stuff to get it to be more believable, but yes that would be quite hilarious.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
DO NOT BELIEVE ANY LEAKS. This is going to sound outlandishly crazy, but I personally know a former game tester who worked for Nintendo of America. The only reason he shared his info with me was all the games he worked on came out already. He helped write the guide for Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Anyways, my point being that people would lose their jobs and go to JAIL for leaking legitimate info if they were found out. He told me a story about one guy who downloaded a soundtrack onto his flash drive (I think it was Mario Galaxy's, the one that was bundled with certain Wii consoles) and he went to jail for a few years for that. Nintendo takes their stuff very, very seriously. Shortly after the Wii U was revealed, they were able to test a few games on the consoles, but they were kept under armed guard. If someone is really that determined to get information out about the game, they'd be risking a hell of a lot for it. I don't want false speculation either, and ALL leaks are made with fan demand in mind to make them convincing and so you can attach yourself to them and boost the credibility in your mind when you see a character you want in the game.

tl;dr All leaks are fake, Ridley included or not. Don't build your hopes up based on "leaks" (I always took them with a grain of salt anyways)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That's pure evil. Ridley would be proud.
He would be more proud if we would decapitate and eviscerate toobigots, but i guess i agree with you. I really want to know how many toobigots will be rubbing that leak into our faces even though that leak will explode in their hand before they will have any opportunity to do that.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
He would be more proud if we would decapitate and eviscerate toobigots, but i guess i agree with you. I really want to know how many toobigots will be rubbing that leak into our faces even though that leak will explode in their hand before they will have any opportunity to do that.
Hehe. Don't forget, it's worse to get their hopes up, then crush then, and THEN decapitate them.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hehe. Don't forget, it's worse to get their hopes up, then crush then, and THEN decapitate them.
You should have said BETTER. Because who cares for them? It will be better for US, so, it will be BETTER.
Soon, THEY WILL BE VICTIMS OF OUR LITTLE JOKE!!! BWOH HOH HAH HAH!!!...well...at least part of them...that will be f***ing hilarious.
Does that image i made looks at least believable for those who doesn't really looks closely to PotD? Or whe should better make that "camera/phone photo" effect to make it look more believable?

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Just make it look like a potd, release it on gamefaqs, send it to the ssb4dojo guy, and then all the toobigots rub it in our faces, only to be burned.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
So, the "Ninka/Vanroose leak" with:
-Wolf and Ice Climbers not cut.
-Snake and Lucas DLC
-K. Rool and Ghirahim added
-Dr. Mario and Dark Pit alts instead of clones
-Dr. Luigi alt added
I gotta wonder what is the logic behind keeping Wolf but not Lucas for the base game. The two are variations of the other character in their franchises, their A moves are all unique in both cases and their specials can be considered custom versions of the originals. What would make Wolf a shoe-in, but Lucas too hard to add right now?
Every leak keeps on using Gematsu as their basis...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I gotta wonder what is the logic behind keeping Wolf but not Lucas for the base game. The two are variations of the other character in their franchises, their A moves are all unique in both cases and their specials can be considered custom versions of the originals. What would make Wolf a shoe-in, but Lucas too hard to add right now?
Most likely because many consider Earthbound to be dead franchise or at least not popular enough. I dunno.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
I updated the image to match Pyrosphere's lighting in Sm4sh, while also updating the time it was posted and the amount of views/replies to it. Also I did try to add some sort of smoke/particle effects onto the image but it didn't look good so I removed it. Any other recommendations or do you think this is good?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think if Lucas is cut it's simply because he's been low priority. Unlike Wolf he's from the smallest franchise in the game and on top of that is a Japan exclusive character, so almost no one has any relation to him outside of Smash.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I updated the image to match Pyrosphere's lighting in Sm4sh, while also updating the time it was posted and the amount of views/replies to it. Also I did try to add some sort of smoke/particle effects onto the image but it didn't look good so I removed it. Any other recommendations or do you think this is good?

Why is Ridley abusing a Bowser plushie? D:

But in seriousness, that is pretty awesome, and you should post that on some other sites just to see the reactions, heh.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Now looks nearly perfect. Good enough to look like real thing at least.
Also, don't forget to say that it this PotD's page got "removed" to avoid having to post link to it.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
The way I see it is leaks are getting leases and less a trustworthy as time goes on. People get more and more hyped, want answers, or are just simply impatient. Trolls and attention seekers take advantage of that and they make fake leaks. I doubt Nintendo would let people they weren't sure they could trust work on major things like characters. Sakurai wouldn't want his reveals to be ruined. Megaman, Pacman, Littlemac, etc. generated extreme hype. If the Gematsu leak was even real it was information from extremely early in development, and it isn't trustworthy anymore. The leak did have some extremely hyped characters, but it didn't have new mechanics, game modes or anything else major. Sakurai wants certain things kept secret, and most likely anyone who would leak anything major doesn't know about any things major in the first place. Sakurai wants to keep Ridley a secret until his reveal, and I'm sure there's more characters like that. Any leak involving Ridley is mot likely fake, but Ridley is still probably a character.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
How ironic would it be if this thread got shut down on August 20th... today's PotD showed us how big some of the assist trophies can be... What do you think our chances are of a Direct on the 20th? :(

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Now looks nearly perfect. Good enough to look like real thing at least.
Also, don't forget to say that it this PotD's page got "removed" to avoid having to post link to it.
Alright I'll do it on gamefaqs sometime tonight so it's more believable. If I did it right now when no PotD has been posted it would look obviously fake.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Alright I'll do it on gamefaqs sometime tonight so it's more believable. If I did it right now when no PotD has been posted it would look obviously fake.
Dude you should post it at like 10:00 PM on the smashbros subreddit and pretend you are Sakurai bot or something.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525

Is it just me or is Boswer's arm weirdly positioned? If a giant dragon was dragging you against a way at roughly 90mph, do you think you'd be able to hold your arm out like that? Am I just over analyzing?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Is it just me or is Boswer's arm weirdly positioned? If a giant dragon was dragging you against a way at roughly 90mph, do you think you'd be able to hold your arm out like that? Am I just over analyzing?
Dude, it is part of his Brawl slammed-into-wall animation. So, it is natural and Ridley doesn't moves that fast when using this attack.

I doubt any of toobigots will say this is fake. Or at least not many. If that would be confirmation of PLAYABLE Ridley, then sure, fake and everything without even looking at it, but not something that makes them right.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

Could use more visual effects IMO, and if you can, make Ridley more colorful to match the style of the game.

Last edited:
possibly Dixie, too, but only because I don't know what she can do that Diddy can't other than helicoptering her hair, or whatever...
I think you just named what makes her different to Diddy, her hair could be used for some interesting moves. But K.Rool would be the more unique character. I wouldn't mind having both. Honestly, that leaked roster has every newcomer I want. Ghirahim, K.Rool and Ridley.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Can we just remember the "Zelda Mis-Informer" gag.
Just use that to believe that all leaks are fake.
And that they should burn. :244:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
"That Website" didn't create it, it just found and posted it.
It reports supposed 'leaks' almost every day..
i know this. every leak from that website thats been shared to here or anywhere else are always fake. i got my hopes up for one of them, and besides its not good to trust leaks

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Information on Ridley is just what players have been speculating, and the mention of DLC alone destroyed any credibility (Sakurai mentioned he currently had no plans), I'm surprised someone here still thought posting a leak here would accomplish anything (of worth, still good at derailing the Ridley thread).

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
New leak including Ridley:
http://ssb4dojo.com/post/95117956241/rumor-list-reddit-2

sorry if this was posted before
Ehh. I thought Ghirahim was possible due to him being in the latest game, but eh. Dog & Hunter AND the Chorus Kids in the same game doesn't seem right to me. I'll also be honest about the fact that I don't think K. Rool has much of a chance. He hasn't been very relevant the past few years. Dr. Luigi is certainly interesting, though. I don't know what to make of the Ridley information. Seems plausible.

I've been under the impression that Sakurai was going to reveal all characters before release. Too many newcomers for me to believe this leak. There's not much time before release. On the other hand, this is a slightly believable list. I think "too good to be true" is an irrelevant argument. I'm sure the actual character select screen has been leaked SOMEWHERE. We just can't find it.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

Problem: Bowser's too small in this image.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Do you think people would have speculated Ridley as a boss before he was revealed as a stage hazard? It feels as if he has been gradually building up for Ridley to be a stage boss before actually officially revealing him. When the Yellow Devil first appeared in the Megaman trailer, no one knew that he would be a boss until Sakurai officially told them. With Ridley, he mentioned a boss on the Pyrosphere when the stage was first revealed and then showed the shadow. I think he's just building up hype since Ridley as a stage boss would be pretty awesome if you think about it, because the player who defeats him gets a boost to help them in battle. I think the reason Sakurai only showed the shadow is because Ridley will be a stronger stage boss and the fight against him will be more intense than the Yellow Devil's.

Best argument ever, gg. (found it on your tube)

Problem: Bowser's too small in this image.
No, Ridley is too big.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You know what's hilarious? I knew Gematsu was fake as soon as the "Ness or Lucas is DLC" leak came out.
Because Sakurai stated he wouldn't even THINK about DLC until the game was released.
So if they have DLC Characters in mind without the game being released beforehand, fake. :)

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Ehh. I thought Ghirahim was possible due to him being in the latest game, but eh. Dog & Hunter AND the Chorus Kids in the same game doesn't seem right to me. I'll also be honest about the fact that I don't think K. Rool has much of a chance. Dr. Luigi is certainly interesting, though.
I've been under the impression that Sakurai was going to reveal all characters before release. Too many newcomers for me to believe it. There's not much time before release. On the other hand, this is a slightly believable list. I'm sure the actual character select screen has been leaked SOMEWHERE. We just can't find it.
That's it I'm a fully fledged Ghirahim detractor now and I don't care what others think, because Ghirahim supporters don't seem to give a care in the world about other people here.

This is meant to be a Ridley topic, Ridley!! Is it really that hard to stay on topic? Granted I might not have made as many posts as most people here, but is it too much to ask to stay on topic. I already had a rant about people talking about Ghirahim and not even relating it to Ridley, just use the Ghirahim thread, which can also apply to the other characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom