• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You're not very familiar with the Kirby series, are you? You're think this goofy looking mofo is uncharacteristically scary for a Kirby game?

I wonder what your reaction to Marx, or better yet, Zero Two would be.
Well, I don't think his new 3D model is that goofy looking, intimidating seems to be more fitting, being consumed by a BIG things cloak

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You're not very familiar with the Kirby series, are you? You're think this goofy looking mofo is uncharacteristically scary for a Kirby game?

I wonder what your reaction to Marx, or better yet, Zero Two would be.
I meant it more along the lines of "this thing looks pretty awesome/menacing in smash", I know it did look THAT way in Kiorby, but i also know if they had the power to d it, it would have, seeing how the two you named turned out.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The Nightmare Wizard Assist Trophy looks so good. Give me more villains Samurai pls~

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
This is the beginning of the villains week and nobody will convince me otherwise.

So we'll see Ridley very soon... Please?

Reila

Samurai isn't predictable enough to reveal Ridley in a 'villains week', so I hope this week isn't a villains week because I want Ridley asap :/

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
2 days until the Pyrosphere reveal anniversary, hard to believe we've been doing this charade for almost a year.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
if we get no direct on the 20th, than the 22nd is my birthday I wont tell you my wish but then again you already know what it may be haha.
My birthday is in the 22nd too, lol.
I feel like we'll have a Direct like 5 days before the release lolol pesimistic much.

Reila

My birthday is in the 22nd too, lol.
I feel like we'll have a Direct like 5 days before the release lolol pesimistic much.
Five days before the release will be September already and the Direct will most likely be in August. Though they delaying it for September is a possibility.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not ridley related but

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/08/pokemon-new-project-to-be-announced-on-august-26th/

A shocking announcement (don't get hopes up)

This could be when mewtwo get revealed (the reason im putting this here is since ridley is highly request he could be in the trailer with the pokemon, if there is one.)

To be more specific if sakurai is one of the mystery guest that pretty much good chance the next trailer comes out for smash.

Last edited:

Reila

So IF Ridley is a boss character. How many of you will avoid the pyroshpere like the plaque.
I will because I am not buying the Wii U version. If he is a boss in the 3DS version as well, then you bet I am not playing in the Metroid stage ever.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That has nothing to do with this thread and Mewtwo doesn't either.

You're doing it wrong. You have to use > instead of * :p
I guess I'm just a rebel then

I signify actions with whatever character I want

<signifies actions incorrectly on purpose

And, what's this about a Meta-Ridley thread? That seems kinda silly to me. Although I totally wouldn't complain if we got Ridley/Meta-Ridley like Marth/Lucina. Imagine the opportunities for too big jokes if there were two Ridleys on the roster xD

Not ridley related but

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/08/pokemon-new-project-to-be-announced-on-august-26th/

This could be when mewtwo get revealed (the reason im putting this here is since ridley is highly request he could be in the trailer with the pokemon, if there is one.)

To be more specific if sakurai is one of the mystery guest that pretty much good chance the next trailer comes out for smash.
I wouldn't be too worried, I don't think they'll announce anything too hype worthy with the new ruby/sapphire right around the corner, that's where pokemon wants us to focus all of our hype right now.

Last edited:

TKraix

Smash Rookie
With this mondays PoTD we might get a villains week. I do really hope so..

Last edited:
This thread's positivty never ceases to confuse amaze me. We are getting hyped for a direct AND a villain's week? Don't get dissapointed if neither happens >_> Anyway it's 11 pm in japan so we probably won't get a direct announcement for another 12 hours. The horror. even more waiting

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Not ridley related but

My ideal Ridley trailer idea also doubles as a Mewtwo trailer ironically. The good news is that if one of the big 3 are announced the other two's chances go up.

Reila

This thread's positivty never ceases to confuse amaze me.
More like delusions.

Expecting a villains week because of one PotD? Expecting Ridley to be announced in a "villains week"? Since when was Sakurai this predictable?

I am also not sure why people are expecting a Direct on the 20th, specially if they want Ridley to be announced.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Sakurai:"Ridley will be revealed on the 22nd, as his supporters are having their birthdays that day"(laughs)
I don't (not even in this month or year), so, that theory falls apart like Gematsu leak. :troll:

I doubt we will get direct just because there is Pyrosphere reveal anniversary. Just a trailer would be a lot more likely than entire direct, which is really unlikely. We may get one week before 3DS version release in Japan, but not that early. And that is still unlikely. So, don't expect anything on that date. Just think about it as any other thing like Luigi's nose PotD.

...? I didn't made that animation...it is official OM animation...

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Not ridley related but

Yeah I wouldn't hold high expectations I doubt they would go off the topic like that best you'll get is a reveal video of mewtwo with Jigglypuff

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't (not even in this month or year), so, that theory falls apart like Gematsu leak. :troll:

I doubt we will get direct just because there is Pyrosphere reveal anniversary. Just a trailer would be a lot more likely than entire direct, which is really unlikely. We may get one week before 3DS version release in Japan, but not that early. And that is still unlikely. So, don't expect anything on that date. Just think about it as any other thing like Luigi's nose PotD.

...? I didn't made that animation...it is official OM animation...
When are trailers shown? On nintendo DIRECTS. I assume you are talking about another smash direct, I'm talking about regular directs

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
When are trailers shown? On nintendo DIRECTS. I assume you are talking about another smash direct, I'm talking about regular directs
Lucina/Robin/Captain Falcon trailer. It wasn't on direct. And even regular direct is unlikely, especially on anniversary of one of the games in development's stages' reveal. So, don't expect anything.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Lucina/Robin/Captain Falcon trailer. It wasn't on direct. And even regular direct is unlikely, especially on anniversary of one of the games in development's stages' reveal. So, don't expect anything.
That was the only exception though to be honest. I'm expecting a new character in a direct, but not per se Ridley
EDIT: Apparantly, I forget the newcomer I didn't want being revealed AFTER the E3 Direct...

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So was Pac-Man's trailer.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Oh. This could probably explain why the wings look so spastic in the Direct. They just flip right around.
Doesn't explain the tail warp when Ridley goes from idle to moving, though. That sodding jerky clip will be the end of us.

Also, I still have no idea how people draw week-based conclusions from a singular PotD. Villains week? Don't you remember the so-called "disconfirmation week", where a single character was disconfirmed on Monday and then no other day? You lot are silly.

I'm hoping for a Direct either this week or next week. Still, it's good to keep in mind that the Hyrule Warriors Direct could be all we're getting, as unlikely as it may seem.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Doesn't explain the tail warp when Ridley goes from idle to moving, though. That sodding jerky clip will be the end of us.

Also, I still have no idea how people draw week-based conclusions from a singular PotD. Villains week? Don't you remember the so-called "disconfirmation week", where a single character was disconfirmed on Monday and then no other day? You lot are silly.

I'm hoping for a Direct either this week or next week. Still, it's good to keep in mind that the Hyrule Warriors Direct could be all we're getting, as unlikely as it may seem.
We are silly.
Silly, silly pirates. :140:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The worst argument against Ridley is not that he is too big, but that he has never been playable thus should not be playable.

Mcriddle

Smash Rookie
theory if ridley is playable what if they did what they done with wario and gave him 2 main constumes one being ridley and one being roidley..? just an idea.

and if gotta good feelimg about this week for some reason, trailer or directs gotta happen

this suspense is pure evil.....
almost as evil as a villains week ;))

Last edited:
Top Bottom