• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Yeah and that's insane given the context it is very very clearly the first thing
Well, at least with the car example, the car has been fully shown, giving it away quite easily. With Ridley, we only ever got a shadow, which makes you wonder why not show him entirely. And thus suspicion ensues.

Plus the fact that it isn't a still picture, but a video clip that shows him move in a rather unorthodox fashion, one that doesn't really scream "boss battle".

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace

PotD: "There's something looming... "

:troll:
DON'T TOY WITH MY SOUL LIKE THAT YOU SADISTIC SON OF A MONKEY

In all seriousness, I can feel Ridley coming in this month's direct. Slowly, but surely...

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
This forum is so much fun xD love you guys <3 going to sleep...

Oh lord Ridley, OUR savior...i receive your blessing, under the protection of your wings, i shall sleep...

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
The pic of the day is out. once again, no ridley or any sign of ridley.

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
The pic of the day is out. once again, no ridley or any sign of ridley.
Yes, but we don't want Ridley in a PotD, we want him in a trailer. If he's playable, he'll get a trailer. And Sakurai takes at least 4 hours to say that he's planning on a reveal trailer in a few days. There may still be hope for a trailer on Wednesday! Though I highly doubt it'll happen then...

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
Yes, but we don't want Ridley in a PotD, we want him in a trailer. If he's playable, he'll get a trailer. And Sakurai takes at least 4 hours to say that he's planning on a reveal trailer in a few days. There may still be hope for a trailer on Wednesday! Though I highly doubt it'll happen then...
well aware of that. i never said it was bad news ridley wasnt mentioned :]

Notice the color of Nightmare's cape.

PURPLE.

I don't think this is any coincidence.
its funny u say that because i made a comment exactly like that on the miiverse page lolol

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
Now time to grasp at straws. Every PotD will have something villain related.
i can actually see that happening. then later this week, a direct or robin/lucina-like reveal trailer will be announced

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I feel half-tempted to make a Little Birdie thread after reading it.

But seriously, it's like making a thread for Metal Mario. I have no idea why.
Metal Mario is just a heavier Mario.

Meta Ridley is a Ridley who has been equipped with plasma beams and missile launchers. They'd play about as differently as Samus and Zero Suit Samus. Ridley would be primarily close range, Meta Ridley would be a longer distance fighter.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Metal Mario is just a heavier Mario.

Meta Ridley is a Ridley who has been equipped with plasma beams and missile launchers. They'd play about as differently as Samus and Zero Suit Samus. Ridley would be primarily close range, Meta Ridley would be a longer distance fighter.
It would feel unnecessary. Just like ZSS. And other than those extra weapons, is there any difference between them? No. He will be at least semi-clone. Also, Dark Samus should be in before Meta Ridley just because it appeared more and was more important to the plot.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Andrea using photoshop? *sniff* They grow up so fast...
:3 Thank you.....It is a really BIG change for me to move from using paper and pencil to the graphic tablet...I was really nervous and unsure of the change...

Still pretty nervous but, if that will help me to draw better, I will have to deal with it....I will see if I can practice a bit more with Ridley now.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Come August 20th,

Pic of the day, Remember him?
(PICTURE)
(2ND PICTURE)
That's right Anthony Higgs is a new assist trophy, he uses his many beams to help you in battle, even his deadly ice beam which will freeze opponents on impact. Speaking of Anthony, does he remind you of a certain someone who also showed up on Pyrosphere? He may be lurking as we speak.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh boy! Ain't this the WIPiest thing you've ever seen!
View attachment 21961

(For some reason, this reminds me a bit to A Link Between World's artwork style)
This looks great. I have a suggestion, though.

Make the eyes more narrow., and also maybe make Ridley less pink.
That's all. Looking great.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Both are bad ideas. We will be more disappointed now than if we would know Ridley's role during that direct. Like Waluigi, Dillon, Dark Samus, etc. supporters did. So, now Sakurai should either really disappoint us by revealing nothing new after 1 year of no clear information on Ridley or make us happy by revealing Ridley's role as a playable character, nothing between that. It won't be ignored no matter what will happen in case Ridley is a boss, but was teased (or at least his role wasn't revealed) anyway even though its as new as playable Mario. It just won't lead to anything other than disappointment if you leave it unknown for so long, giving someone hope for nothing.

This flying animation looks like better version of that animation used in April Direct. Anyone agrees with that?
Oh. This could probably explain why the wings look so spastic in the Direct. They just flip right around.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Both are bad ideas. We will be more disappointed now than if we would know Ridley's role during that direct. Like Waluigi, Dillon, Dark Samus, etc. supporters did. So, now Sakurai should either really disappoint us by revealing nothing new after 1 year of no clear information on Ridley or make us happy by revealing Ridley's role as a playable character, nothing between that. It won't be ignored no matter what will happen in case Ridley is a boss, but was teased (or at least his role wasn't revealed) anyway even though its as new as playable Mario. It just won't lead to anything other than disappointment if you leave it unknown for so long, giving someone hope for nothing.

This flying animation looks like better version of that animation used in April Direct. Anyone agrees with that?

This does seem similar to the animation in the direct. Only difference I can think of is that the tail is obviously not ribbed for our pleasure and he doesn't seem to have as much bulk or spikes in the direct. I mean I'm only going by the shadow, but that seems like good assumptions to me. Seeing this though makes me really hope he's in. Sakurai and his team could have him looking fantastic and playing well, I just know it. It just depends on if they want to at all...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

I can't wait until this day happens...Gonna be one hell of a day.
I'd be very surprised if Ridley was confirmed on that day. 0.0 By the way, I think his trailer should be voiced, much like the Little Mac, Palutena and Robin and Lucina trailers, all of which give the viewers and players an idea on what the characters can do. For example, Samus could be reminiscing on her previous battles with Ridley, maybe saying that this one will be different than their previous encounters, then it cuts to Ridley on the Pyrosphere and his title card. "Ridley [...]!!!" the [...] is what will be Ridley's tagline. After the title card, we see Ridley and Samus fighting, while Samus is speaking about what Ridley could do in Smash, such as 'excellent aerial combat' or something along those lines. (Yeah, I know it's like Other M. -.- I honestly thought that minus the story, it was an interesting take on the Metroid series)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'd be very surprised if Ridley was confirmed on that day. 0.0 By the way, I think his trailer should be voiced, much like the Little Mac, Palutena and Robin and Lucina trailers, all of which give the viewers and players an idea on what the characters can do. For example, Samus could be reminiscing on her previous battles with Ridley, maybe saying that this one will be different than their previous encounters, then it cuts to Ridley on the Pyrosphere and his title card. "Ridley [...]!!!" the [...] is what will be Ridley's tagline. After the title card, we see Ridley and Samus fighting, while Samus is speaking about what Ridley could do in Smash, such as 'excellent aerial combat' or something along those lines. (Yeah, I know it's like Other M. -.- I honestly thought that minus the story, it was an interesting take on the Metroid series)
We'll say it's like Metriod Fusion instead. Samus's monologues were awesome in that game.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I can't wait until this day happens...Gonna be one hell of a day.
Wait a second. July 20 has already come and passed this year. Which means...

We're being trolled yet again.
Sakurai.png

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
At the new pic of the day: And people really use the "But Ridley is too scary and menacing and everything for Smash" argument ...? Really? That thing was in such a happy-go-lucky series such as KIRBY.

Anyway, another argument vs. Ridley... debunk it! (Only playing Devils advocate here)

In the Other M fight, Ridley stops in the middle of the platform to fire down his giant fireball. The shadow also stops in the middle of the stage. Sakurai said it wasn't finished, so maybe the Fireball-attack was simply missing.

Your move.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
At the new pic of the day: And people really use the "But Ridley is too scary and menacing and everything for Smash" argument ...? Really? That thing was in such a happy-go-lucky series such as KIRBY.

Anyway, another argument vs. Ridley... debunk it! (Only playing Devils advocate here)

In the Other M fight, Ridley stops in the middle of the platform to fire down his giant fireball. The shadow also stops in the middle of the stage. Sakurai said it wasn't finished, so maybe the Fireball-attack was simply missing.

Your move.
We should have been able to see Ridley's head move when fireing the firball, and Ridley's mouth has only been seen closed in the shadow, and if I recall correctley, boss attacks are usually telegraphed, Meta Ridley would for instance open his beak when shooting a huge fireball

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
I have no clue at all why there is a Meta Ridley thread...I swear I didn't do anything really!

The way those wings would flap to match the "shadow" is quite telling because our April "model", if there is one at all, is so bad and incompetent that I don't know if I can take it seriously at all. Nothing can fly or hover with wings that move like that - I mean, even the angles at which the wings work make no sense.

I am really starting to doubt that Ridley is a stage hazard.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I feel half-tempted to make a Little Birdie thread after reading it.

But seriously, it's like making a thread for Metal Mario. I have no idea why.
How about Meta Birdie, the next generation of nightmare fuel?

:troll:
On the Meta-Ridley thread not being locked though..

:3 Thank you.....It is a really BIG change for me to move from using paper and pencil to the graphic tablet...I was really nervous and unsure of the change...

Still pretty nervous but, if that will help me to draw better, I will have to deal with it....I will see if I can practice a bit more with Ridley now.
I don't have photoshop on any computers/devices at home despite being more experienced with it now, so I kinda envy you in that respect. I'm sure you'll do fine though.

Weavel

Smash Ace
REPLACE JIGGLY PUFF WITH LITTLE BIRDIE!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!! MMMMMMAAAAAAKKKKKEEEEEEE ITTTTT HAAAPPPPPEEEENNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JediLink

Smash Ace
You're not very familiar with the Kirby series, are you? You're think this goofy looking mofo is uncharacteristically scary for a Kirby game?

I wonder what your reaction to Marx, or better yet, Zero Two would be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom