• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101
Those are nothing but the sparks that are a part of the visual effect of the trail left by an opponent being knocked away by a hard attack, in this case Dedede's F-Smash.

The "white tip" that can be perceived on the left spark is actually just a part of the background that coincidentally lined up with the end of the spark.

This isn't anything to worry about.
Wait, i think you're right, but why the hell has it to be purple? I know red + blue = purple but still...
I think Sakurai made that on purpose...

Now i noticed that too. That red/pink part of wings is actually just part of the background and it is brown (actually grey, but whatever, lightning settings make it look brown). There is not enough space between those "wings" for Roidley's body anyway. False alarm then.
Yeah, false alarm, Ridley's still safe :D

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Then why tease ridley in the first place?
To get people like you to sit here and watch everyday for the reveal of Ridley, so you see every detail of the game and get hyped about it anyway, then when Ridley's confirmed stage hazard, you guys all still want the game anyway because you've seen everything

EDIT: JK, didn't realize this was like 20 pages ago, smashboards brought me to that page instead of the first or last so iassumed it was the last, carry on Ridley-ites

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wait, i think you're right, but why the hell has it to be purple? I know red + blue = purple but still...
I think Sakurai made that on purpose...
You need to zoom in enough to see that. So, i doubt it. He could just move directs on other dates just to troll us when we find possible date for direct, but not something so unnoticable.
To get people like you to sit here and watch everyday for the reveal of Ridley, so you see every detail of the game and get hyped about it anyway, then when Ridley's confirmed stage hazard, you guys all still want the game anyway because you've seen everything
Then why don't do that with every other newcommer so there would be more guys like that? Either way, it will really disappoint intead of THAT. Because you have been waiting for NOTHING NEW for 1 year, still having hope, and then BAM, same thing you always saw, BUT WORSE. Its like if Sakurai would show you gameplay trailer of SSB4, then say that he may or may not finish it and then, after 1 year of waiting, say that he decided to not finish it on the same day, but decided to not tell about that for whatever reasons.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Next week Its the Anniversary (If you want to call it that) of the first time we ever saw Pyro Sphere so could we get a Ridley confirmation then?

Druxonol

Smash Rookie
I want to believe. Even if I wouldn't play as Ridley, I'd love to fight him in more stages than just Pyrosphere.

lol, i know, that was just a joke, you know because "Sakurai"
Oh ok. :)

Next week Its the Anniversary (If you want to call it that) of the first time we ever saw Pyro Sphere so could we get a Ridley confirmation then?
You can never predict Sakurai. I'd like to think we'll get a direct soon but on the 20th? Not sure. Not even sure Sakurai knows or cares that it's been a year since he started teasing Ridley.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
So, I'm assuming there hasn't been any info on a direct, but how long of a time span is there usually between direct announcement and live stream.

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
So, I'm assuming there hasn't been any info on a direct, but how long of a time span is there usually between direct announcement and live stream.
General directs are announced usually 24 hours before. I think game specific directs like Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros are announced a couple days ahead of time, but that one I'm not sure on.

I really do hope we get a general direct on Wednesday. If not, oh well, but man would it be a perfect hype builder.

I'm going to keep my expectations low. Sorry guys, I can't hype myself up over a date that might mean nothing to Sakurai.

I do see a general direct happening, I'm just not so sure it'll be on the 20th.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I'm going to keep my expectations low. Sorry guys, I can't hype myself up over a date that might mean nothing to Sakurai.

I do see a general direct happening, I'm just not so sure it'll be on the 20th.
Announcing a Rhythm Heaven Rep Announcement Is the perfect way to do this

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping we get direct at least sometime during this month.

Off-topic: Does anyone know how to move your save data from one NNID to the other? Is a Flash Drive required to do so?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
There will be no direct wednesday and Ridley will be announced in september.

Thats all.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I honestly never actually "Supported" any Characters even though I was born in '99, Melee I never knew existed until my uncle got a Gamecube, Brawl I had a broken arm until late 2007 so I couldn't really do anything, but this year I actually decided to support Characters when E3 2012 came around.
That being said, the first characters I thought would be in are Villager, Miis (I even guessed the 3 Classes part 2/3 years early) and I even went to say that Wii Fit would make some sort of appearence (we got the Trainer and the Stage). The only thing I got wrong was that I thought the rosters were different but you could connect the Wii U & 3DS to get the other characters, where I thought Villager was 3DS exclusive and Miis were Wii U exclusive. (I also thought Geno would be playable, but that might not happen Q^Q)

Now look where I am, smack dab in the middle of the Ridley thread, talking about Pokemon, Metroid and for some reason rave partys.
I've grown. :)

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, one of them is the one who started this thread

Another is me >.>

There are a few more who hang around here, just look if the account age is before 2008

I've been waiting...
xD sorry man ._. but no worrys, i can assure you that the waiting will be so much worthy (:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
What are the chances of a direct being announced for Wednesday tomorrow?
Let me think:
*A general direct would be unnecessary as the few upcoming games for both platforms are still months away, and knowing Nintendo and their minimalistic advertising, they wont do two directs with the same content when they can make one closer to launch.
*A smash direct would be more likely, but not too much IMO, the 3DS version has revealed almost all there is to see for game modes and mechanics, with only stages and the remaining characters left to show (with a later confirmation of All Star Mode). Unlockable stages and veterans can be shown in PotDs. If there is going to be a smash direct, its going to be in september, and another one near WiiU's launch.
*A newcomer video is the one Im expecting most, and it could happen any time this month to maintain the hype until the launch direct.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Are you positively sure? Because I was really hoping I could swap to a new account since you can't change your name.
Nintendo wants you to use their customer service. That's really the best thing to do rather than ask around, since peoples' experiences vary from case to case. As far as I know, in your case, you can't. Your save is tied to your user and you can't move it or merge it with another one.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I wouldn't get my hopes up for something relevant next Wednesday. Although I think it's assured we'll get a Direct or a newcomer trailer before August ends.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
General directs are announced usually 24 hours before. I think game specific directs like Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros are announced a couple days ahead of time, but that one I'm not sure on.

I really do hope we get a general direct on Wednesday. If not, oh well, but man would it be a perfect hype builder.
I think the hw one was announced a few days before because it was the weekend right? They announced it for the next business day.

Why are you guys expecting a direct

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
For what is worth, they can announce a Direct on the 27th (Wednesday) and broadcast it on the 29th (Friday). Late Nintendo Directs happened before, so it wouldn't be the first time. What I am trying to say is that I wouldn't get my hopes up for an announcement on the 20th (and you guys shouldn't either), specially if they plan to reveal Ridley in the Direct.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
For what is worth, they can announce a Direct on the 27th (Wednesday) and broadcast it on the 29th (Friday). Late Nintendo Directs happened before, so it wouldn't be the first time. What I am trying to say is that I wouldn't get my hopes up for an announcement on the 20th (and you guys shouldn't either), specially if they plan to reveal Ridley in the Direct.
This. If Sakurai actually went out of his way to tease a playable Ridley for a whole year, would he really unveil him in the most obvious date?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
This. If Sakurai actually went out of his way to tease a playable Ridley for a whole year, would he really unveil him in the most obvious date?
Depends on who you are talking about. Obvious for us? Kind of. Obvious for the rest? Nope.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
With all the things they've been updating with this week (Meta Knight, Game Modes, Stages) it doesn't seem like there's a Smash Direct in the cards, at least not for the coming week or two, considering we had a huuuuge drought of information during March which led up to the Smash Direct. A general Direct is our best shot at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom