• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We really don't. This thread is huge and threads glitch out at 2000 pages apparently anyway.
In less than a month we won't have much use of this thread anyways, so might aswell duke it out as much as possible in this last stretch.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So many memories in this thread...

It's almost sad to think that it will all come to a close in a matter of weeks, regardless of whether he's confirmed or not.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Sorry, someone had to make the reference.
Back to the topic of Ridley, I never got why Ridley is the exception to everything when it comes to Smash aside from the fact that "He's Ridley".
How big you are is how big of an exception you are.

Thats why Ridley is anorexic, everyone says he is fat and then he starves himself. Shame

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

It's almost sad to think that it will all come to a close in a matter of weeks, regardless of whether he's confirmed or not.
This whole thing will come to an end whether via an official elaboration of Ridley's role in Smash or via a Brawl-style legit leak from a credible source disconfirming or confirming Ridley.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Most here are saying they're not getting hopeful/hyped up for this week, but let's be honest with ourselves here, the moment a Direct or anything Smash related is announced for Wednesday we'll all lose our **** in an instant.
No one doubts that. Any news about playable Ridley will makes us Ridley excited. Like RIDLEEEEY excited. After 4 months of no real info, we will be really angry to get his disconfirmation since it could have been done in April in the same direct.

Found something for those who likes classic Ridley (and Metroid Prime Samus) more than Roidley, this time its not from me:
And someone said that playable Ridley can't work in fighting games...

How big you are is how big of an exception you are.

Thats why Ridley is anorexic, everyone says he is fat and then he starves himself. Shame
And then, in 2009, his brrrrootherrrr decided to join him to make him feel not so alone in this cruel world where he was called too big. He wasn't as succesful, but at least he tried. Then, in 2012, Sakurai found him on the street while he was tearing someone's head off (he thought that it is not lethal) and decided to invite him into his tournament. But he didn't knew it was Ridley's brother not many like and gave him role Ridley should have gotten. After hearing that, Ridley attempted to kill him to take his place, but failed because both f***ers just can't die. That is the sad story of Ridley brothers. Now every single non-supporter who was reading this story (including you...yes, you) must die because only members of Ridley cult must know about it.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Most here are saying they're not getting hopeful/hyped up for this week, but let's be honest with ourselves here, the moment a Direct or anything Smash related is announced for Wednesday we'll all lose our **** in an instant.
Obviously, but until they announce anything, I am keeping my expectations in check. :p
We're not too far from the doomsday zone then.
Thanks, now I have to listen to this song:

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Here's a much higher quality photo

Das not ridley
OR IS IT??

FGHHGF.png

It's going to be very odd to not see the Ridley thread in this forum if he happens to be confirmed this week.

Instead, he'll be there with the other confirmed characters, between Pit and Robin.
Oh, how times change, huh?

From anxiously waiting for any information on Ridley to anxiously waiting to get our hands on the game just to try him out.

Soon, my friend. Soon.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Moving back in to my old home today, so may or may not be out of internet for either only a couple hours or days (depends on what me and my brother can cook up to get internet...)

In case I lose internet for a good period of time, hopefully I don't come back to this:

Last edited:
Moving back in to my old home today, so may or may not be out of internet for...however long (there's a good chance I may still find a way to get internet though...)

In case I lose internet for a good period of time, hopefully I don't come back to this:

That will be the detractor's reaction while everyone here steals the pizzas and party

Torlan

Smash Rookie
What if..Little Birdie is a character, and his final smash is his Ridley-form?? Kapish?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What if..Little Birdie is a character, and his final smash is his Ridley-form?? Kapish?
Then the white void, the et cetera et cetera Little Birdie will cause crashboards from everyone, especially kids. I doubt he will be playable anyhow since he looks scarier than Ridley himself.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What if I slap your face instead. Jokes aside, I don't see that happening. Nintendo makes stupid decisions sometimes and you guys might consider Sakurai a troll (I don't), but making Little Birdie playable instead of Ridley is something I REALLY can't see happening.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Nope. If you watched some videos of Brawl Hacks or Ridley in Mugen its not even close to being like that. Everything to do with his normals would be like having a Sword (hello any other swordfighter) and his specials could be plasma breath (doesn't change anything on size) , flying (his wings aren't a lot bigger than Charizards), another clawswipe (meaning another sword-reach-attack) and his pogotail (lifting ridley up and only having a hitbox on the ground and still a normal hurtbox). Let's take Ike : Normals use Sword: Check. Special creates a huge explosion, another makes him travel incredibly fast with a sword reached hit at the end: check. his up b has a massive hitbox (basically drawing a circle around his hude sword) : not bad. Only thing is his down B is a counter. I see 0 problems with Ridley/Roidley.
If you're talking about the Brawl hack that uses Charizard as a base, then that Ridley looks downright shriveled. Also, MUGEN isn't like Smash, and has no creative restraints period.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
If you're talking about the Brawl hack that uses Charizard as a base, then that Ridley looks downright shriveled. Also, MUGEN isn't like Smash, and has no creative restraints period.
I don't think smash has any either, it's literally a big casserole of amazing stupidity.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I've only just realised something that makes me want ridley even more: that there will be an amiibo figure of him I can have on my desk.:bee:

In fact, ammibo figures are one of the biggest reasons I want some characters in smash.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That is not Ridley's fault. Compare that hack to this one:

Yes, feet are missing, but whatever, i couldn't fix that unfortunately. Do they look different? Yes. Do they use same model? Actually, no. It is only Charizard's fault.
MUGEN AND Smash has no creative restraints. Look at Captain Falcon. Is that something that he does in F-Zero games? No. Also, Ridley in MUGEN had restraints during development - model and animation limitations. Smash just can't really go away from canon TOO MUCH, like giving Sonic wings or making Bowser be able to transform into Godzilla. But there is enough stuff they didn't cared about like Sonic and Samus being able to swim (both just go to the bottom in their games) or Ness and Lucas' PSI powers. So, as long as it resembles character added, they can do whatever they want if they have not enough stuff to work with.

Last edited:

UnstableBeing

Smash Cadet
I was bored.

Log 03.435.7
"Science teams have discovered the presence of Hope in the Smash Direct four cycles ago. High command authorized the deployment of our team shortly thereafter. Our orders are to establish a base on planet SmashBoards and evaluate local Hope resources. Because this world lies on the periphery of Detractor Federation territory, we are following stealth protocols at the highest level. A cadre of elite commandos has been dispatched to provide security for our force as well. "

Log 03.442.2
"Analysis of Hope from the shadow of geoform 187 by science teams revealed that he isn't lost yet. We mustn't give up yet as he needs every bit of effort possible from us. At this point, refusal of tasks and slacking will be punished by a reduction of three quarters of rations during a full cycle or by death in the worst cases. The success of the war against the Detractor Federation is entirely dependent on our ability to bring back our commander

Yes, feet are missing, but whatever, i couldn't fix that unfortunately. Do they look different? Yes. Do they use same model? Actually, no. It is only Charizard's fault.
MUGEN AND Smash has no creative restraints. Look at Captain Falcon. Is that something that he does in F-Zero games? No. Also, Ridley in MUGEN had restraints during development - model and animation limitations. Smash just can't really go away from canon TOO MUCH, like giving Sonic wings or making Bowser be able to transform into Godzilla. But there is enough stuff they didn't cared about like Sonic and Samus being able to swim (both just go to the bottom in their games) or Ness and Lucas' PSI powers. So, as long as it resembles character added, they can do whatever they want if they have not enough stuff to work with.
Personally without the feet and tail issue that model still looks decent to me (obviously needs official nintendo touchups)

Torlan

Smash Rookie
What if I slap your face instead. Jokes aside, I don't see that happening. Nintendo makes stupid decisions sometimes and you guys might consider Sakurai a troll (I don't), but making Little Birdie playable instead of Ridley is something I REALLY can't see happening.
Yeah. Moveset and costumes would not make much sense either. But Little Bird and its second form, could work as hazzards on Pyrosphere

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
To get people like you to sit here and watch everyday for the reveal of Ridley, so you see every detail of the game and get hyped about it anyway, then when Ridley's confirmed stage hazard, you guys all still want the game anyway because you've seen everything
That's...quite the odd psychology you brought up. Do you honestly think people will be hyped for a small, slow-moving piñata after all the hard work they've done to collect evidence in favor of him? Some fans will be more distraught than they were when they first saw the shadow in the direct, and the whole support fanbase will be alienated and subject to prejudice for many years. Both Ridley and his fanbase will become a laughing stock and the butt of Smash jokes if he ends up a boss again...and that's just cruel for anyone who supports that prejudice.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can see Sakurai trolling the fans once more by revealing a newcomer who is NOT Ridley... or revealing Ridley as a stage hazard. :troll:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Eh, as much fun as I've also had here I don't think the thread has much more to do, we're just chit chatting and not really doing anything else, we're definitely at the point in time where we need a closure of some form. When all is said and done I think we've had a good run no matter the result, I'm definitely ready to put a wrap on this experience. Hopefully we will have a social thread though.

Last edited:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I can see Sakurai trolling the fans once more by revealing a newcomer who is NOT Ridley... or revealing Ridley as a stage hazard. :troll:
I'm expecting the stage hazard. I'd want a stated reason why Sakurai thought he couldn't make Ridley playable, though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm expecting the stage hazard. I'd want a stated reason why Sakurai thought he couldn't make Ridley playable, though.
What if Sakurai doesn't find Ridley interesting as a playable character like how he said the same thing about Chrom?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What if Sakurai doesn't find Ridley interesting as a playable character like how he said the same thing about Chrom?

Then he needs to realize that he's making a game for other people and not himself, and also how many people would find him interesting.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Personally without the feet and tail issue that model still looks decent to me (obviously needs official nintendo touchups)
There is only feet issue. Tail is just turned like that.

Unlike Chrom, he isn't yet another guy with a sword. He is just 2nd dragon and he has enough stuff do be different from Charizard. So, i doubt that will happen.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

Don't you think it's weird that Chrom is even a part of Robin's Final Smash? There shouldn't be a single reason to, yet it is. I think I'll go out on a limb and say this is Sakurai's condolence to all the Chrom supporters, not something to insult the supporters. Same goes for the Waluigi plush in the Direct; I believe that Sakurai was trying to show that he does care.

Always remember that Sakurai doesn't like to displease his fans; rubbing it in the faces of fans is simply bad marketing.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

I would not have noticed the missing feet if you hadn't mentioned it. Now I cannot unsee it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I would not have noticed the missing feet if you hadn't mentioned it. Now I cannot unsee it.
I thought that is hard to leave unnoticed. And there is fire in his left hand. And every item he picked up got stuck in his middle neck joint until he decided to throw it.

Did i at least got hit size right? Or a little bit too big?

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
the thing is mostly that the roster will be know 2-3 or even 1week befor japan release because there always people getting the game like 2-3 day befor released.
and last thing if there only two remening video for newcomer(if there two or it could be onl one last) then why released it at the end of august... and the last one will be a day befor released?

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
This is kind of irrelevant to the current "serious" topics that are nearly always discussed here, but what do my fellow Ridley supporters think of the Ridley icons in my sig? I'm bad at Paint editing, so this is what I made. Is it okay?

Top Bottom