• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So for those of you talking about the cutscene if Ridley is playable

I don't know for certain if Ridley is playable or a boss

but Sakurai has been going all out for pretty much every playable character. This is in terms of trailers, moves, everything.

If Ridley is playable, Sakurai has a crazy awesome trailer for him that will blow away your expectations.

that is all

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I had a dream last night that Sakurai announced a mode called "Ridley Voice Mode".

This needs to be a thing.

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
So for those of you talking about the cutscene if Ridley is playable

I don't know for certain if Ridley is playable or a boss

but Sakurai has been going all out for pretty much every playable character. This is in terms of trailers, moves, everything.

If Ridley is playable, Sakurai has a crazy awesome trailer for him that will blow away your expectations.

that is all
Yeah, I have to admit. I'm excited for a playable Ridley, but the "introduction" alone will be an experience in itself. I mean hell, the Lucina/Robin reveal trailer was awesome, and I don't even particularly care for Fire Emblem.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I do feel like today's POTD could potentially forshadow the next newcomer trailer, especially if it's in the next week. Meta Knight vs. Ridley makes a lot of sense (Dragon vs. Knight).

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
I know that is a bit off topic, but not really for this thread, but when is the corocoro supposed to come out? I just want to be sure that they don't dis-confirm him straight away.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah, I have to admit. I'm excited for a playable Ridley, but the "introduction" alone will be an experience in itself. I mean hell, the Lucina/Robin reveal trailer was awesome, and I don't even particularly care for Fire Emblem.
I go back and watch the youtube playlist of character intro videos sometimes just because it's pure awesome.

I remember I actually teared up a bit at the Robin one because I was sure it was going to be Shulk and that lord Gematsu would reign supreme. But then the death grip was broken, and we all remembered we were still on Mr. Sakurai's wild ride.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I do feel like today's POTD could potentially forshadow the next newcomer trailer, especially if it's in the next week. Meta Knight vs. Ridley makes a lot of sense (Dragon vs. Knight).
In today's featured video we present to you breaking the meta with Meta Knight vs Meta Ridley. Learn how to break the meta and not use silly 1st tier characters to win competitions.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know that is a bit off topic, but not really for this thread, but when is the corocoro supposed to come out? I just want to be sure that they don't dis-confirm him straight away.
CoroCoro is coming out tomorrow, but it only covers the 3DS version and will only talk about known information.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know what? I reckon CoroCoro will reveal custom moves, There is nothing else they could reveal that counts as: All ready shown that they can go about in detail.

Also, If Ridley ISN'T announced playable this month. then We must be forcefed this image.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
You know what? I reckon CoroCoro will reveal custom moves, There is nothing else they could reveal that counts as: All ready shown that they can go about in detail.

Also, If Ridley ISN'T announced playable this month. then We must be forcefed this image.
Or , you know, Ridley could be unlockable.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
how do you know this for sure? or are you just giving the most likely scenario?
It's been announced through multiple sites that it would be only covering the 3DS Version.

Also they announced that the 12th is when CoroCoro August will hit stores.

EDIT::4greninja:

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Sakurai Troll: Confirmed. Direct Tomorrow: Deconfirmed.
I guess I can sound like a detractor and say that Metaknight deconfirmed as a costume for Miis, right?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! D:

It'll be okay, MK, I promise. *strokes his mask* :metaknight:

avgjoe

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure Corocoro said that after people thought they were going to spoil the whole roster. I don't remember for sure though.
okay, i remember that too. I've read a few conflicting reports on the corocoro thing, one a couple of days ago said that all characters are going to be revealed in a special broadcast on corocorotv that will occur at monday 9pm EST (which is something like 2pm tueday the 12th in japan). obviously i have no idea what the truth is, i think it most likely will be the starting roster or something. we'lll know by the end of the day.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Okay, I think I would actually like Ridley in this game. I initially didn't care for him and I have not played much Metroid...
...but, when I think about it, an aerial fighter is pretty tempting if done right. Also, having more villains is not a bad idea.

I also really admire your faith in Ridley being a playable character after being seemingly disconfirmed, but it really seemed more like a tease Sakurai would do.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
okay, i remember that too. I've read a few conflicting reports on the corocoro thing, one a couple of days ago said that all characters are going to be revealed in a special broadcast on corocorotv that will occur at monday 9pm EST (which is something like 2pm tueday the 12th in japan). obviously i have no idea what the truth is, i think it most likely will be the starting roster or something. we'lll know by the end of the day.
Yep. I personally think people are trying to hype it more than it deserves, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new vet or two, seeing as there are a few starters from brawl to be shown, and todays PotD. Should be interesting regardless, but don't expect newcomers IMO.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Okay, so yesterday I said that I was replaying through the Subspace Emissary. Well I am currently at the Ridley fight (as I'm typing this.). In short, expect some rips and comparisons from me soon.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
im sick of this ... sakurai is teasing ridley even more with the potd ,,...... i want him so much but all this fear of not have him in ...
i mean he teases him more then he says hes not in... comon sakurai give me a cookie or something

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
im sick of this ... sakurai is teasing ridley even more with the potd ,,...... i want him so much but all this fear of not have him in ...
i mean he teases him more then he says hes not in... comon sakurai give me a cookie or something
Hush, child, do not fear Sakurai. He seems to be listening to us...Also, there is no way that any smart person would tease that much without it paying off

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Hush, child, do not fear Sakurai. He seems to be listening to us...Also, there is no way that any smart person would tease that much without it paying off
i do not want to end like the chom fans.... like oh there is ridley on the ground but well here is one random pirate or sylux or what his name was.....

TKraix

Smash Rookie
Can you watch the broadcast direct on the frontpage from corocoro.tv? Or is there a special link that leads to the broadcast? Well i hope they will indeed have a special surprise... but not a surprise like the hyping "Comicon-surprise" :)

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i do not want to end like the chom fans.... like oh there is ridley on the ground but well here is one random pirate or sylux or what his name was.....
well or what about kraid :DDD or something rly stupid and retardet :OO

sakurai is like
**** this here you want a metroid rep u get the freaking metroid prime or here you want quadraxis ******* :O

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Okay, so yesterday I said that I was replaying through the Subspace Emissary. Well I am currently at the Ridley fight (as I'm typing this.). In short, expect some rips and comparisons from me soon.
I wish I could do this but I left my Wii at home when I went to college and when I got back my little brother had broken my Brawl disk...

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Ah, but Chrom only had Gematsu going for him! The Chrom fans made fake hype from themselves! We got 3 teases for Ridley, and Sakurai isn't making false hype
"Only had Gematsu going for them" is kinda a contradictory statement. It was practically the only leak that stood after tons of cross-fire. The fact that it even was disconfirmed was a surprise to everyone, and yet people are still supporting it. Guys, they "only" had information on E3. They were lying to us otherwise. Get over it.
As for Ridley... Ridley is more likely than people think.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
  1. Chrom was never shown before that trailer or mentioned or somehow teased. Gematsu Leak was the only thing that Chrom supporters had AND USING THAT AS EVIDENCE THAT HE WILL BE PLAYABLE IS BEYOND BEING BRAINLESS. Seriously. Its like saying that *insert name of a character here* will be playable just because someone says so without it being officially confirmed first.
  2. Chrom at least HAD competition for the role of a playable character, unlike Ridley, who never had it since Melee.
  3. Chrom was disconfirmed right after he was shown and when that wasn't enough, Nintendo/Sakurai confirmed that he IS only a part of Final Smash. Ridley's role never was confirmed like that since April, where he was shown and there was some peoples who thought it is not a boss. Also, Prince Sabre, a guy nearly no one knows, got his role confirmed directly again after there was some peoples who thought that he is not an AT.
So, we don't have to worry about that unless Sakurai REALLY thought that hyping up something that appeared in every game in THE EXACTLY SAME ROLE, but less annoying and more important, is a good idea.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sakurai Troll: Confirmed. Direct Tomorrow: Deconfirmed.
I guess I can sound like a detractor and say that Metaknight deconfirmed as a costume for Miis, right?
Indeed the corocoro broadcast thing is fake

But directs this week not outnod the blue yet

Theres still 2 more weeks and theres plenty of days.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, whether it be today, tomorrow, next week, or at the end of the month, I will be lurking the interwebs as long as it takes to get any news on Pyrosphere, Metroid in general or (mainly) RIdley himself.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"Only had Gematsu going for them" is kinda a contradictory statement. It was practically the only leak that stood after tons of cross-fire. The fact that it even was disconfirmed was a surprise to everyone, and yet people are still supporting it. Guys, they "only" had information on E3. They were lying to us otherwise. Get over it.
I don't catch your drift, I said the Gematsu leak was the only thing going for Chrom as there was 0 teasing involving Chrom, the only FE teasing was for Robin and Lucina

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The fact that all the hype was built on a "leak" instead of official information, is the big difference.

Also, Chrom only had the second Gematsu leak going for him, which only had the fairly obvious "6th gen Pokémon" prediction going for it.

Sakurai doesn't like building false hype, but he didn't. The leak did. An unofficial, unconfirmed source. The marketing is not going to change for that. They are not going to adapt a very carefully laid plan every time someone goes "lol, I got the roster here".

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman

We must NOT GIVE UP, We must stay strong............FOR RIDLEY

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
chrom was never teased... not once... nor was he EVER hinted at.

gematsu is the only thing that said he'd be in, which had nothing to do with sakurai, it was a false leak and thats all, people who believed it were setting themselves up for disappointment.

everything we have in this topic, though... is VERY CLEARLY teasing and hinting towards ridley from sakurai himself... and its been going on for a year.

no way he's gonna screw us over on this.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Some people still thought that Gematsu was full of crap back then (like me), at least with the second batch of characters due to multiple reasons (all but Chorus Men were easy picks, "Gen 6 Pokemon rep", etc.)

Anyone that still believes today that the Gematsu leak is still credible is either delusional, trolling, or just being a moron

All characters in he leak are still viable, sure, but after Chrom's disconfirmation, one should no longer see it as solid evidence for anything, nor treat it as a "leak" anymore.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
chrom was never teased... not once... nor was he EVER hinted at.

gematsu is the only thing that said he'd be in, which had nothing to do with sakurai, it was a false leak and thats all, people who believed it were setting themselves up for disappointment.

everything we have in this topic, though... is VERY CLEARLY teasing and hinting towards ridley from sakurai himself... and its been going on for a year.

no way he's gonna screw us over on this.
Well, to be fair, an Awakening representative was heavily teased. It was just a matter of it either being Chrom or Robin.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
The corocoro scans of Sm4sh have been released. No Ridley. The only remotely interesting thing that I can spot without hiring a translator is that the Darknut or whatever those knight dealies are called appear in smash run. And that ain't Ridley either.
Not really suprised though, this is pretty much what corocoro does.

Top Bottom