• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I don't know what you guys are talking about. There seems to be new content in the CoroCoro Scans...

It's just Mii outfits, but it's new. I don't remember seeing that frog (yoshi?) hat or dragon gun before.

Don't quote me on that, though. I haven't seen every screenshot released.

But yeah, nothing Ridley. I wasn't expecting anything, they did say they'd just be giving info on the 3DS Version.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I don't know what you guys are talking about. There seems to be new content in the CoroCoro Scans...

It's just Mii outfits, but it's new. I don't remember seeing that frog (yoshi?) hat or dragon gun before.

But yeah, nothing Ridley. I wasn't expecting anything, they did say they'd just be giving info on the 3DS Version.
Hats and costumes were announced the pic of the day before the release of the CoroCoro issue

Though these hats and guns are neat we already know about the feature and could get a pretty good idea of the other characters

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Hats and costumes were announced the pic of the day before the release of the CoroCoro issue
I know, but it was :metaknight:and :samus2:, not Frog and Dragon. Unless there was a second one I missed with Frog and Dragon...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Though these hats and guns are neat we already know about the feature and could get a pretty good idea of the other characters
The Yoshi and Frog hats, similar to the Samus/Meta Knight hats, are also available via the StreetPass Plaza. So, yeah, they're "new", but just an expansion of a feature we already saw.

Marx the Jester

Smash Cadet
I am fully ecpectig a direct this month.
I think most of us are. It'd be pretty surprising if we didn't get one.
Yeah, especially since it's most likely the last one before it's Glorious Nihon release, and they pretty much have to give us one. Why tease Ridley, a.k.a THE most wanted newcomer, if you're not going to make him playable, or at least give him an reveal to give us a lifetime of detractor butthurt.

D

Deleted member

Crap, you're right :p, guess we'll just have to wait till tomorrow. Between this and the broadcast, something could go down, but probably not.
To clear up confusion:
Corocoro will not be doing any sort of Smash Broadcast, I think people thought such a thing would happen since Corocoro's webpage has the URL of corocoro.tv

Many news sites took the .tv ending as meaning that Corocoro would be streaming something, but that is not true, it was just a coincidence.

Not to mention the fact that the news sites that reported this supposed broadcast aren't the most trustworthy sources either.

But all of this talk has nothing to do with Ridley, we'll just have to wait and see if Sakurai pulls some sort of Character Announcement Announcement or he or Nintendo pulls a Smash Direct or General Direct Announcement sometime this week or next.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So, I was wrong, there might be a few more minor updates before it is finished. This one in particular seemed worth bringing up.

-Reinforced Neck, Spine, Pelvis, Knees and Ankles. Needed extra wire to support the future head. Others would make his head smaller but I say, screw scaling it down. If I'm making Ridley, he will be in his proper, glorious scale!
-Added back toe. He can grab! :D
Looks like a cool Ridley Scare Crow. :cool:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Just to change the conversation:

What do you think could Ridley's victory animations/poses be?
(sorry if this was discussed earlier, but i don't wanna go through 1480 pages)
He could always fly directly at the screen with the baby Metroid, Ala the end of the first Super Metroid fight.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Jesus, you guys here talk a lot. I can't even imagine when Ridley is finally revealed. 100 pages per day minimum.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

I will say that the charge shot in that dragon gun picture looks a lot like Samus' charge shot in this game

not that that really means anything

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I will say that the charge shot in that dragon gun picture looks a lot like Samus' charge shot in this game

not that that really means anything
Probably just one of the custom specials for the Gunner.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Jesus, you guys here talk a lot. I can't even imagine when Ridley is finally revealed. 100 pages per day minimum.
100 pages? HAH! Per minute is NOT ENOUGH! It will be both from us, detractors, toobigots (i count them as something separate because of how stupid they are or at least because of WHAT they use as arguments) and moderators trying to stop us without any chance to succeed without closing this thread.

So, Corocoro did not revealed anything related to Pyrosphere and Ridley? Just as i thought.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It didn't cover stages, strangely (unless it never said anything about discussing stages, just characters).
I wouldn't put too much stock in Pyrosphere being unmentioned as means for Ridley's odds.

Weavel

Smash Ace
We have people who "NEED" Ridley up in this bizich. The Ridley fan base has waited far too long, if ridley isnt shown soon the Ridley Nation will attack....
I don't think you got my joke, or simply countered with this:p

Either way hail Ridley!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Dragon gun?
DRAGON GUN?
HAND THAT OVER THANK YOU.
Also Ridley confirmed because reptile amphibian hat and dragon gun.

Dude I like Ridley too, but I don't have those kinds of feelings for him..
What kind of "feelings" do you harbor then towards our great overlord, huh? HUH?

As soon as Ridley is revealed, the post count will skyrocket past 2000. The Ridley thread will then be truly too big, as it starts to seize up under its own size and bugs out.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Going on attack as in, complain on the Internet a lot.

*Sigh* When will people realize that just because Sakurai posted something about size doesn't mean he's hinting at Ridley?
Yeah you're right, but it could be taken as a hint that's all I was trying to get across. Sakurai is trying to say, hey canon size doesn't matter here. What's the big thing every Ridley detractor says? "Too big" or "Ridley is big in Metroid so he couldn't be in Smash bros".

No other newcomer has an "issue" with size other than Ridley.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai is aware of the "Too big" argument and was having a bit of fun with those pic of the days.

Of course I could be wrong. My original post was just part of a theory.

Last edited:

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
they didn't even talk about the stage yet and not really about character so maybe tomorrow they will show more stuff..i don't think all they show today was only stuff they will show

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
*Sigh* When will people realize that just because Sakurai posted something about size doesn't mean he's hinting at Ridley?
It makes sense. The controversy has never hit Japan, which could mean Sakurai doesn't care about that said controversy.

NatP

Smash Ace
Nintendo has apparently announced another hyrule warriors stream. . .and no smash stuff Sakuraii please your killing us slowly
Wait what, are you serious? There's going to be ANOTHER hyrule warriors direct?! I thought for sure we'd get a Smash direct announcement by now... :/

D

Deleted member

Wait what, are you serious? There's going to be ANOTHER hyrule warriors direct?! I thought for sure we'd get a Smash direct announcement by now... :/
Just checked NoA's twitter, and there's nothing about something like that.

Any announcement like that would probably have been posted there by now, so such a rumor is probably not true at all.

But once again a Hyrule Warriors Direct has nothing to do with Ridley.

@ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin on that page of yours, it's you're, not your. <3

Last edited by a moderator:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I don't see anything about the Hyrule warriors thingie. Are you sure you're not looking at old news?

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
Hey guys, long time lurker, yadda yadda yadda, you know the drill. I'm dedicating my first post to our favorite purple dragon. The Direct had me thinking he was a boss for all of two seconds before I realized something was up with that "reveal". Needless to say, everything that's happened in this thread since that day has proven to me that I wasn't crazy for thinking Ridley could still be playable. Hell, I don't even plan on maining him. He just flat-out deserves a spot.

Long live the (Space Pirate) king.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
If we get another Hyrule Warriors Direct and not another Smash Direct I will riot and start burning stuff.

But we'll hopefully certainly have a Smash Direct sooner or later. There's no way we won't.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Hey guys, long time lurker, yadda yadda yadda, you know the drill. I'm dedicating my first post to our favorite purple dragon. The Direct had me thinking he was a boss for all of two seconds before I realized something was up with that "reveal". Needless to say, everything that's happened in this thread since that day has proven to me that I wasn't crazy for thinking Ridley could still be playable. Hell, I don't even plan on maining him. He just flat-out deserves a spot.

Long live the (Space Pirate) king.
Just don't drink the water for a few more weeks and you'll be fine.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If we get another Hyrule Warriors Direct and not another Smash Direct I will riot and start burning stuff.

But we'll hopefully certainly have a Smash Direct sooner or later. There's no way we won't.
Smash Direct or Riot \,(0[]o),/

Top Bottom