• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The corocoro scans of Sm4sh have been released. No Ridley. The only remotely interesting thing that I can spot without hiring a translator is that the Darknut or whatever those knight dealies are called appear in smash run. And that ain't Ridley either.
Not really suprised though, this is pretty much what corocoro does.
Pretty sure the Darknut enemy was already spotted in Smash Run earlier.

So yeah, this is basically nothing new. Move on, people.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
The corocoro scans of Sm4sh have been released. No Ridley. The only remotely interesting thing that I can spot without hiring a translator is that the Darknut or whatever those knight dealies are called appear in smash run. And that ain't Ridley either.
Aw man and it's not even the Toon Dark Nut...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, to be fair, an Awakening representative was heavily teased. It was just a matter of it either being Chrom or Robin.
But it wasn't clear who it will be. Its like if Sakurai would tease a Pokemon Gen 5 or 6 newcommer without calling him, somehow showing him or even just hinting at who it is. There would be so many posibilities of who would it be. So, its doesn't counts.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Pretty sure the Darknut enemy was already spotted in Smash Run earlier.

So yeah, this is basically nothing new. Move on, people.
And no one is surprised.

Aw man and it's not even the Toon Dark Nut...
Seriously, Dark Nuts in Wind Waker were awesome, and my favorite enemy in the entire series.

BTW, does Nintendo tend to do their Directs on a particular day of the week?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, to be fair, an Awakening representative was heavily teased. It was just a matter of it either being Chrom or Robin.
On top of that, there were little hints that pointed towards Robin rather than Chrom, like Robin's theme song being in the game. Though I suppose it's debatable whether or not that meant anything.

Anyway, seems like there's absolutely nothing Ridley related (or Wii U related, for that matter) in CoroCoro. No big reveals at all, just more details on stuff we already knew.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nope no ridley

Nothing new

A couple of unseen pictures nothing new (broadcast rumor is fake.)

Not to drop the corocoro thing and move on.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Not surprised, but looks like Corocoro did nothing for Ridley.

At this rate I believe Ridley is either gonna be in the fabled villain trailer, or a bait-and-switch trailer that looks like a new Metroid game (giving Sakurai an opportunity for one last trolling move before stopping the bush-beating).

All of this nothing is honestly starting to annoy me. It's been almost a month since the last (albeit amazing) character reveal. With it being so close the release I would expect turbo mode, not super snail pace.

chrom was never teased... not once... nor was he EVER hinted at.
Same goes for Takamaru. Not once mentioned or teased until he was shown as an assist trophy.

BIG POST INCOMING:

Palutena got teased without Sakurai calling her by name:

Little Mac got teased with the boxing ring stage:

Which later became the official Punch Out stage:

Pac Man was hinted at with the Namco items showing up in POTD before E3 2014 happened:

These are Ridley's:

"Pic of the day. Is this a match made in heaven? Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger."

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
All of this nothing is honestly starting to annoy me. It's been almost a month since the last (albeit amazing) character reveal. With it being so close the release I would expect turbo mode, not super snail pace.
What's worse is that it was MAY that we last got a POTD Veteran revealed.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
*Sigh* When will people realize that just because Sakurai posted something about size doesn't mean he's hinting at Ridley?
Random pictures DO hint at Ridley. He's the exception, remember? Everything teases him in some way.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Same goes for Takamaru. Not once mentioned or teased until he was shown as an assist trophy.

BIG POST INCOMING:

Palutena got teased without Sakurai calling her by name:

Little Mac got teased with the boxing ring stage:

Which later became the official Punch Out stage:

Pac Man was hinted at with the Namco items showing up in POTD before E3 2014 happened:

These are Ridley's:

"Pic of the day. Is this a match made in heaven? Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger."

Sorry, but only the first two of those are teases for Ridley. The others are meaningless. They help our arguments, because they prove that size doesn't matter in Smash, but in no way are they a direct tease for Ridley.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
well now that i see nothing in the scans that says something about ridley... for now lets wait for a better scan...

i really must say this is getting more mysterious .. sakurai you demon what do you planing....

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Yea I agree, this is getting a bit irritating.

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101
Just to change the conversation:

What do you think could Ridley's victory animations/poses be?
(sorry if this was discussed earlier, but i don't wanna go through 1480 pages)

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace

One of them can be him eating Samus's parents, or galatic federation in general.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Maybe Ridley can make a laughing roar, then makes a lunging pose similar to Bowser's SSB4 artwork.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Maybe Ridley can make a laughing roar, then makes a lunging pose similar to Bowser's SSB4 artwork.
I'm curious to know if any character attacks the screen for a victory pose? Maybe ridley can turn his head to the side then bite the screen, then the screen falls down to his feet after you hear a decapitating sound symbolizing he cut off the head of the camera man XD.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
It really feels bad when we are so spoiled with reveals of all kinds lately. It could be worse, Sakurai could have decided to go back and post random crap in the PotD like he used to a year ago :hulk:

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm curious to know if any character attacks the screen for a victory pose? Maybe ridley can turn his head to the side then bite the screen, then the screen falls down to his feet after you hear a decapitating sound symbolizing he cut off the head of the camera man XD.
Dude (?), its not Mortal Kombat. And if that will happen, then it won't happen off-screen. Or at least i hope it won't. Because its boring when the slaughter happens off-screen and you miss it. Its like if camera would turn away when someone performs fatality.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Dude (?), its not Mortal Kombat. And if that will happen, then it won't happen off-screen. Or at least i hope it won't. Because its boring when the slaughter happens off-screen and you miss it. Its like if camera would turn away when someone performs fatality.
It's not seen so its not graphic!!! XD, and its not like Ridley hasn't done it before!

NOM NOMN OM NOMN OMN OMN OMNOM!!!

Or hell just make it a robot!!! Then you can be as violent as you want to and it will still be PG13!!!!!!
But in this case, E for everyone:troll:

Last edited:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Gamescom starts this week. Last big event before the game comes out. Next week is were August 20th is. A big day for us supporters. This should get interesting.
If he won't get revealed on either of those two, he's probably a hidden character.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's not seen so its not graphic!!! XD, and its not like Ridley hasn't done it before!

NOM NOMN OM NOMN OMN OMN OMNOM!!!

Or hell just make it a robot!!! Then you can be as violent as you want to and it will still be PG13!!!!!!
But in this case, E for everyone:troll:
It still would count...and i doubt Ridley would do something that simple.

Then its ok, robots have no rights, so, its ok even if someone will rip out that robot's wires and stuff as if it is a heart in one of those MK fatalities.

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Gamescom starts this week. Last big event before the game comes out. Next week is were August 20th is. A big day for us supporters. This should get interesting.
If he won't get revealed on either of those two, he's probably a hidden character.
I think you're forgetting about the dates Other M came out, and the inevitable week-before-launch Smash Bros Direct.

Then its ok, robots have no rights, so, its ok even if someone will rip out that robot's wires and stuff as if it is a heart in one of those MK fatalities.
It could be R.O.B.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I do feel like today's POTD could potentially forshadow the next newcomer trailer, especially if it's in the next week. Meta Knight vs. Ridley makes a lot of sense (Dragon vs. Knight).
my mind is exploding. i want a metaknight vs ridley trailer

Top Bottom