• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Good points! Hype! :laugh:
(Even if he doesn't get a reveal trailer or something, he could be a secret. But I doubt Ridley would be a secret.)
I think Ridley will get a trailer and he'll be unlockable. It would be a huge missed opportunity to not give such a requested character a trailer.

Sakurai may have said that he is reaching the bottom of the newcomer trailers but that doesn't mean we can't get multiple newcomers in one trailer like we did for Robin and Lucina. Imagine if there are 3 newcomer trailers left.

One could be for Ridley that also confirms Falco.

The other could be a Donkey Kong trailer where we get King K.Rool and Dixie Kong. (Please Sakurai we need more Dk characters!)

The 3rd one could be a Zelda trailer that announces Ghirahim (Que BlueBubbee saying "Never") with revamped Ganondorf, or a trailer that announces Shulk.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I believe that during the next General direct, we will get 2 newcomer trailers, Shulk at the start to appease all the Japanese fans for when the game comes out. And to end it off, SUPRISE, RIDLEY!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Looks like we're not getting a direct on the 12th.

@ WayfaringElf WayfaringElf let's go with that Kanden avatar :D :D :D :D
I remember a few pages back people said they revealed directs around noon, not very early in the day. Can anyone back me up here? Stall for as long as possible. Please help me.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Pic of the day may come later; busy at the homestead with non Ridley related stuff..

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Possibly the funniest POTD so far. It's got a lot going for it.

Well I think it was Ridley so he is biggest secret characters by Sakurai
If you're talking about what broke the wall, it was Captain Falcon.

He's standing right where the explosion happened, so not Ridley

I think Ridley will get a trailer and he'll be unlockable. It would be a huge missed opportunity to not give such a requested character a trailer.

Sakurai may have said that he is reaching the bottom of the newcomer trailers but that doesn't mean we can't get multiple newcomers in one trailer like we did for Robin and Lucina. Imagine if there are 3 newcomer trailers left.
One could be for Ridley that also confirms Falco.

The other could be a Donkey Kong trailer where we get King K.Rool and Dixie Kong. (Please Sakurai we need more Dk characters!)

The 3rd one could be a Zelda trailer that announces Ghirahim (Que BlueBubbee saying "Never") with revamped Ganondorf, or a trailer that announces Shulk.
So I'm just skimming down the thread so I can get to the newest page and I see my name. This must be my cue.

Never.

The Ghirahim jokes are all in good humor, don't take the building gifs to heart.

UNRELATED

I did think up a decent size for Ridley, I may edit some sort of picture together later if you want. What I had in mind is to have him around the size of Giga Mac.

Of course have him hunched over a bit like Giga Mac. If you wanted him to stand tall he'd be taller than Mac here.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well todays potd is proof once and for all that sakurai can do enormous trolls

(In are case the shadow to give the illusion that hes a boss and not playable.)

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
You can't say I didn't hold my end of the deal. I am no longer Kanden, Doodle Bob Me Hoy Minoy!

I am either expecting a direct announced later today or a robin reveal this week.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
We must destroy all non-Ridley purple things in existance....Ok, Waluigi can stay because you all love him for some reason.
I don't like him...so...TARGET TERMINATION IN PROGRESS...
I guess its simple. We go kill Batman too because he had purple gloves once. Captain Falcon is an exception because he keeps manliness balance of the universe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't like him...so...TARGET TERMINATION IN PROGRESS...
I guess its simple. We go kill Batman too because he had purple gloves once. Captain Falcon is an exception because he keeps manliness balance of the universe.
Captain Faclon isn't purple, Captain Falcon is colour itself! And I noticed WayfaringElf has cheated death by making a doodlebob profile pic. Classy

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Sakurai Troll: Confirmed. Direct Tomorrow: Deconfirmed.
I guess I can sound like a detractor and say that Metaknight deconfirmed as a costume for Miis, right?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Captain Faclon isn't purple, Captain Falcon is colour itself! And I noticed WayfaringElf has cheated death by making a doodlebob profile pic. Classy
Oh...right...anyway WayfaringElf must be destroyed since he is not purple...wait...*LE GASP* I AM SURROUNDED BY NOT PURPLE TRAITORS! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EVERYTHING THAT IS PURPLE AND NOT PURPLE ENOUGH MUST BE EXTERMINATED!..except for Ridley and everyone with Ridley profile pic of course because they are TRUE supporters, unlike you, traitors.
Oh...i forgot to add EXTERMINAAAAAA-

*silent explosion*

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Sakurai Troll: Confirmed. Direct Tomorrow: Deconfirmed.
I guess I can sound like a detractor and say that Metaknight deconfirmed as a costume for Miis, right?
They could always announce a direct later in the day, didn't they do the same for other directs.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Guys, look what I found on the coro tv thing!

WE DID IT
Who's betting that Ridley's reveal trailer will be made by the same people who did the CGI cutscenes for Metroid Other M?

It happened before with the studio that did the CG for FE: A for Robin and Lucina, with the animation studio for Kid Icarus: Uprising.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Who's betting that Ridley's reveal trailer will be made by the same people who did the CGI cutscenes for Metroid Other M?

It happened before with the studio that did the CG for FE: A for Robin and Lucina, with the animation studio for Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Ugh. I want it to be done by Retro honestly with a Prime look too it. (a man can dream)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ugh. I want it to be done by Retro honestly with a Prime look too it. (a man can dream)
I doubt it. At this point, it seems to be a pipe-dream.

We're definitely getting the Other M look.

It's certainly possible. It's quite fun to see the Smash characters in a different artstyle like Captain Falcon in FE: Awakening's artstyle.

But the April Direct Pokemon trailer was just like the CGI in the Smash 4 announcement trailer so who knows. Only Sakurai knows.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

It's possible, but is the CG style of Metroid Other M really distinct enough from the typical CG used for character reveals for something like that? I mean, with the trailers for Little Mac, Palutena, and Robin, each one had a very unique, stylized trailer based on their original games. Now, I haven't played Other M, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at the cutscenes, it seems like it's not very stylized. In this case, I think they'd just use the standard reveal trailer CG for Ridley's trailer.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Prime didn't really have cutscenes like that per say, it almost always used the game's actual engine to run it, I don't feel like it has a unique artstyle to it because of that. I'd like to see the gritty and very light sensitive Other M cinematic artstyle, I personally don't have a problem with that.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Doubtful. Two instances does not a pattern make.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's possible, but is the CG style of Metroid Other M really distinct enough from the typical CG used for character reveals for something like that? I mean, with the trailers for Little Mac, Palutena, and Robin, each one had a very unique, stylized trailer based on their original games. Now, I haven't played Other M, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at the cutscenes, it seems like it's not very stylized. In this case, I think they'd just use the standard reveal trailer CG for Ridley's trailer.
Other M's CG cutscenes, particularly those that contained some of the villains like Mother Brain (in flashback) and Ridley, had a very photorealistic, grim style in its design, in contrast to the Smash Bros cutscenes that we've seen so far, which were lighthearted in nature. Compare Samus in Other M to how she appears in, say, Greninja's trailer.

Doubtful. Two instances does not a pattern make.
It's not a guarantee, but it is something that could theoretically happen. If Nintendo wanted to troll Metroid fans into thinking that this was a teaser for a new game, then this is the route that they would go.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Other M's CG cutscenes, particularly those that contained some of the villains like Mother Brain (in flashback) and Ridley, had a very photorealistic, grim style in its design, in contrast to the Smash Bros cutscenes that we've seen so far, which were lighthearted in nature. Compare Samus in Other M to how she appears in, say, Greninja's trailer.

It's not a guarantee, but it is something that could theoretically happen. If Nintendo wanted to troll Metroid fans into thinking that this was a teaser for a new game, then this is the route that they would go.
Like they did with Rosalina's making people think it was mayro kratt?

Top Bottom