• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I made a account only to join this conversation because i love ridley but i want to ask and say some things
first about the ridley we saw in the dierekt
could it be that he is an assist trophy and he can show up every second?
then do you realize that on pyroshphere is this hole the hole the CLONED ridley made to escape would mean that the fight with him is already over what would mean that he would not apear there again.
and finaly even if there is other m ridley a boss character why not give us the much better looking prime 3 ridley he is more popular and he have more possibel moves and we got prime 3 dark samus i think this would make total sense so sakurai can come and say
here is ridley cloned alter ego
after a couple of seconds or minutes he shows us after i dont know every game who lacks in villains or something a villain trailer
would makes perfekt sense

ps i apologize for my bad english but i am german and my english grades are very bad :D
Alright, lets see.
1. The chances of Ridley being an assist trophy are rather slim, considering assist trophies tend to attack at much shorter intervals.
2. Canon does not apply here! The hole in the wall is absolutely meaningless.
3. The Ridley shown in the direct video had Other M Ridley's tail. So it's probably not the MP model.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I made a account only to join this conversation because i love ridley but i want to ask and say some things
then do you realize that on pyroshphere is this hole the hole the CLONED ridley made to escape would mean that the fight with him is already over what would mean that he would not apear there again.
and finaly even if there is other m ridley a boss character why not give us the much better looking prime 3 ridley he is more popular and he have more possibel moves and we got prime 3 dark samus i think this would make total sense so sakurai can come and say
after a couple of seconds or minutes he shows us after i dont know every game who lacks in villains or something a villain trailer

ps i apologize for my bad english but i am german and my english grades are very bad :D
No problem, another Ridley supporter is always welcomed. And yes I agree with the notion that we will get a Villains Trailer and that is where Ridley would best appear.

It also helps that Metroid's anniversary is in August.

P.S. Welcome to Smash Boards!

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
The drawing is almost done, I think I'm just going to do smoother lineart and colour a bit less.... messily. I went with gentleman Ridley. XD

In regards to the current topic, I don't think this thread is a "method of working magic to get Ridley into the game", haha. Especially so late into the game's creation, if he were in the game as playable they'd have had to start making him a while ago. Not only do characters need to be animated, programmed, and everything else, they need to be balanced. That takes extensive testing, and that takes time. Even if the team working on Smash, hell, even Sakurai, managed to find this thread one day (and you never know, maybe he has), it could have been too late into Ridley's development as any other thing but playable. Or maybe he knows about the support for Ridley from past games, as evidenced through his interviews. We just don't know. So why are we here? Honestly, for fun. To speculate. If it was 100% given that we KNEW Ridley was in the game... where's the fun in that? It's much more fun to speculate. To be uncertain. To piece together evidence. To doubt one day, then have some new size comparison or shadow analysis come up and bring the hope back up. It's fun, it really is.

And I think that, more or less, the misinterpretation of the Ridley thread is that we have information and proof that is unequivocally true to our method of thinking; by reading our "proof", if you have a brain you'll come to the same conclusion. That's just not true, not in the slightest. I mean, let's face it, the reason people in this thread get so defensive is that they're insecure about Ridley's chances. Does that make him any less likely? Well no. If nothing else, we have great proof and evidence that Ridley "could" be in the game as playable, or at the very least, that something special is in store for him.

For those that say they're 100% confident that Ridley's in the game as playable, they're really saying that they'd feel betrayed and led on if he wasn't. We support, and we research, and we hope! We don't know. Otherwise we wouldn't come back here.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
There isn't much reason to believe he's an Assist, I don't think the most popular is Prime 3 Ridley, Super Metroid is the most popular game, so I guess that one is the most popular, any other questions are on the second post of the first page.
While you read it, have a glass of water
well but consider this the audience he is aiming or nintendo is aiming is a bit younger so propably not everybody played the original i just say the prime series made a good job there and was most likely played by the most players who want ridley and the one who have not a real idea from ridley
i have some friends they searched for ridley and the first thing was prime one played that and found ridley there very nice
they all play ssb but not the games behind the characters :D

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
That reminds me, what Ridlevidence was there for him to be in Brawl?
I'm pretty sure we got a whole lot more than back then.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Imagine if Ridley got de-confirmed in the Nintendo Direct.
Not only would this thread shoot up to 2000+ Pages in seconds time, but the Ridley for Smash 5 thread would already by up and running at about 150+ Pages within the first half-hour.
Crashboards 2.0

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if Ridley got de-confirmed in the Nintendo Direct.
Not only would this thread shoot up to 2000+ Pages in seconds time, but the Ridley for Smash 5 thread would already by up and running at about 150+ Pages within the first half-hour.
Crashboards 2.0
i realy wont hope for that
and if ridley got deconfirmed and got a stage hazard or a boss i would go blind by anger because from 2 bosses brawl most wished character for ssb 4 to one stage hazard/boss

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
It would be interesting to see the statistics of Smash players who advocate, are indifferent toward or hate the idea of Ridley as a playable character.

Kind of an awkward study to carry out, but still.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
It would be interesting to see the statistics of Smash players who advocate, are indifferent toward or hate the idea of Ridley as a playable character.

i would like to see a statistik of ridley haters and likes

majora_787

Smash Hero
Man, this is why I can't wait for the roster to be leaked. Tons of websites are just going to collapse on themselves. :p

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Welcome! Just don't listen to the people who tell you to drink the water. It turns you into a Ridley detractor.

Isaiah Stewart

Smash Rookie
Man just waiting for more information on the Pyrosphere is torture in itself, I can't imagine the internet if Ridley is revealed boss or playable.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
what do you guys think about the gamescom in germany i heard nintendo is there and it in august
means he could show us ridley on a big convention :D
i realy would hate it to lose to every little flamer who cryed ridley cant be in ssb

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

This would actually interest me as well

All over the boards and subreddit it sometimes sounds like everyone is pro Ridley and other times it feels like everyone is anti Ridley

I have a really hard time gauging anything

@ BeakyBird BeakyBird
Alright, if you actually are a spy, it doesn't even matter anymore, that post alone is already more of a benefit to this thread than any infiltration could damage. Those are all points I've been trying to emphasize for the last year+. Basically since the pyrosphere reveal last whenever. You've put it together so aptly that I'm just going to quote it at people who start getting too heated in argument here instead of re-writing it in a different less elegant way each time like I keep doing.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm gone for less then 24 hours and there's a 20+ page jump?! Geez guys was there a legitimate leak or something I'm not aware of?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
...and people wonder why I'm rude sometimes.

I don't know what Sakurai is thinking, geez. The guy is a nut, and it translates perfectly into SSB.

The real question is: Would you still buy the game is Ridley wasn't playable? Of course you would.

I feel like I'm missing something...

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Do you guys think Ridely will get a trailer? or will he just be like the post release secret character?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Alright, alright. I'm just messing around.
I mean, I like the hunters. They're unique and interesting. They're just unfortunately not relevant anymore.

Do you guys think Ridely will get a trailer? or will he just be like the post release secret character?
I think he'll be a secret character, but I think it'd be a shame if he didn't get his own trailer. Maybe the post release characters will get trailers this time.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I mean, I like the hunters. They're unique and interesting. They're just unfortunately not relevant anymore.
I think you missed the:

I'm just messing around.
I don't think the hunters have a place on the roster whatsoever. They'd be great Assist Trophies, though.

I'd love to see Sylux in a future Metroid Game. His hatred of the Galactic Federation could play a neat role. I think I'm the only one with this opinion, though. : (

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...I wonder if Sal Romano has gotten the reply from his "Leaker" as to why Chrom isn't playable and Shulk wasn't announced on Monday yet.
Maybe the Leaker just ditched.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I think he'll be secret, unless the villains trailer is a reality.
Only if dreams are a reality. :/

...I wonder if Sal Romano has gotten the reply from his "Leaker" as to why Chrom isn't playable and Shulk wasn't announced on Monday yet.
Maybe the Leaker just ditched.
Probably just dropped everything and bolted. There's still some Gematsu credibility, as Sakurai has said in an interview that Chrom was planned for Sm4sh, but was rejected in favor of Robin and Lucina. I'm still completely against the Gematsu Leak.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I think he'll be secret, unless the villains trailer is a reality.
Even if there wasn't a villains trailer, keeping Ridley secret would be a waste, the amount of hyper it would generate and well as discussion (whether it's good or bad), would increase the awareness of the game. The only reason I would think Ridley was secret character is if I wanted to hold onto the notion Ridley was in that bad I would lie to myself, and I just don't see that happening to Ridley of all people, Marshall or the Chorus Men yes, but not Ridley no matter how controversial he is.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see Sylux in a future Metroid Game. His hatred of the Galactic Federation could play a neat role. I think I'm the only one with this opinion, though. : (
I said the exact same thing earlier in the thread, Sylux would be pretty interesting.

Ridley plays a large part of making or breaking the roster for me. Everyone else I would have wanted to play as was already there, even back in Brawl. Hell, the reason I care about Smash 4 in the first place is because of Ridley. Sounds silly, but he is my favourite Nintendo character, and probably the character I see as most worthy of getting into Smash, especially after being excluded in Brawl. I'll be ridiculously disappointed if he's not in, and he's the one thing that'll get me to buy the game full price. Otherwise, I'm waiting for prices to drop because there's no point in buying a full price game that doesn't cater to you at all outside of stuff it already had. I may as well just load up Brawl.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I said the exact same thing earlier in the thread, Sylux would be pretty interesting.

Ridley plays a large part of making or breaking the roster for me. Everyone else I would have wanted to play as was already there, even back in Brawl. Hell, the reason I care about Smash 4 in the first place is because of Ridley. Sounds silly, but he is my favourite Nintendo character, and probably the character I see as most worthy of getting into Smash, especially after being excluded in Brawl. I'll be ridiculously disappointed if he's not in, and he's the one thing that'll get me to buy the game full price. Otherwise, I'm waiting for prices to drop because there's no point in buying a full price game that doesn't cater to you at all outside of stuff it already had. I may as well just load up Brawl.
Yay, someone else who wants Sylux. Oh, I could do a whole discussion on a game like that. But this isn't the time for that.

Ridley is a big factor for me, too. I'll still get it around launch, even if Ridley isn't there. Not that there have been any "I've wanted them in for so long" characters that have been revealed so far.

Have you heard about the Rumor that SSB4 will come packaged with one amiibo? This is the link to the rumor, if you want to check it out. Not much to it aside from what I said.

D

Deleted member

Probably just dropped everything and bolted. There's still some Gematsu credibility, as Sakurai has said in an interview that Chrom was planned for Sm4sh, but was rejected in favor of Robin and Lucina. I'm still completely against the Gematsu Leak.
He said he was considered, considered=/=planned, Villager and Miis were considered for Brawl, Mewtwo and Dixie were planned, see the difference now

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
He said he was considered, considered=/=planned, Villager and Miis were considered for Brawl, Mewtwo and Dixie were planned, see the difference now
Oh, the version of the interview I read used the word planned. I know the difference. You got the general idea of the post, though.

Blame them, not me! :cry:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Yay, someone else who wants Sylux. Oh, I could do a whole discussion on a game like that. But this isn't the time for that.

Ridley is a big factor for me, too. I'll still get it around launch, even if Ridley isn't there. Not that there have been any "I've wanted them in for so long" characters that have been revealed so far.

Have you heard about the Rumor that SSB4 will come packaged with one amiibo? This is the link to the rumor, if you want to check it out. Not much to it aside from what I said.
I actually would perfer Trace over Sylux, but of course the floating red alien thing gets backlashed in favor of a cyborg human thing...

Aside from that, I'll be getting Sm4sh with or without Ridley. Too many goodies for me to pass up.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
I loved Prime Hunters, but the hunters themselves need to get more involved in the Metroid story before they become smash worthy. While Noxus was my favorite hunter, I know he stands practically no chance of receiving an upgrade from his previous trophy status...

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
We have already seen that Ridley is slow. Very slow and docile in his movements from the footage. Whether he is a boss or not that isn't going to really change.
Actually, rewatching the direct, he seems a lot faster than I recall, anyways. It seems like Pikachu is "walking" (barely pushing the control stick) and Ridley bolts after him (dashes, slamming the control stick to the left), grabs him (button press) and then dashes offscreen. HOWEVER, he would still be a terrible boss, and it does appear he jumps into the frame. He also was not EXPLICITLY deconfirmed a la Chrom, Waluigi, Dark Samus, Mother Brain, Midna, Skull Kid, you name it. Each one was shown as what they represented in game, and in Chrom's case, confirmed TWICE as non-playable. Ridley acts more like a user-controlled character than a boss. Not sure if anyone else pointed this out before either, and if so, I'm not stealing your thunder, just making observations based on the small amount of footage we have to work with.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Actually, rewatching the direct, he seems a lot faster than I recall, anyways. It seems like Pikachu is "walking" (barely pushing the control stick) and Ridley bolts after him (dashes, slamming the control stick to the left), grabs him (button press) and then dashes offscreen. HOWEVER, he would still be a terrible boss, and it does appear he jumps into the frame. He also was not EXPLICITLY deconfirmed a la Chrom, Waluigi, Dark Samus, Mother Brain, Midna, Skull Kid, you name it. Each one was shown as what they represented in game, and in Chrom's case, confirmed TWICE as non-playable. Ridley acts more like a user-controlled character than a boss. Not sure if anyone else pointed this out before either, and if so, I'm not stealing your thunder, just making observations based on the small amount of footage we have to work with.
Wait, he GRABS Pikachu, then dashes off with him?
...This is new.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
what do you guys think about the gamescom in germany i heard nintendo is there and it in august
means he could show us ridley on a big convention :D
i realy would hate it to lose to every little flamer who cryed ridley cant be in ssb
It will likely be the same E3 build that lacked half of the roster and stages. At this point they probably cant devote any resources into an updated playable demo.
And I dont know about unveilings, they really could have shown PacMan at the tournament but they didnt :?

Top Bottom