• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah 4 Smash DLC !! Sakurai let us #DownloadTheDawn !!

Troykv

Smash Master
FE reps get their bad rep due to Sakurai's over-use of the Marth template. If the latest Smash newcomers are anything to look at, he's looking for gimmicky characters and one-weapon users seem to be too limiting for our director, which is why Chrom was turned into a joke and Robin was chosen instead.
Yeah... and Chrom himself isn't really a interesting character... Everything that the people like about him are memetic things... Otherwise he is like a Ike and Marth fusion without their's enchant.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Chrom is also a DLC Mii costume, so there's sufficient amounts of Chrom present in the game. (And, yes, this is pretty much a result no one needed or wanted.)

Micaiah, however, is enchanting, and Smash could use more radiance!

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Hahaha, yes, between Azura and Kamui/Corrin... I prefer anyday Azura, al least she has the opportunity to doesn't be a clone.

Who knows how exactly Sakurai's mind works... But I don't think that the game actually needs more promotion (I'm just thinking if Fates will be more succesful than Awakening in long term or not) xD.
Any FE Fates rep should be for the next Smash. Same for Inklings and such. While Azura has something kinda "unique" going for her, she's lacking something. This is from someone that has played the game and has seen her in action. In a way, Ninian or any of the Herons could actually do more than our recent songstress. Ninian could buff and has her ice theme while Herons have their flying gimmick as well as providing support. (in a way the Herons are cool AT material). Sorry for kinda talking bad about Azura, it's that she has yet to be impressive to me in the game so far but if Sakurai picks her and manages to be creative with her then I'm fine with it. There shouldn't be any more Marth template copies.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I move to the complete opposite half of the country for college, and I STILL CANT FIND RADIANT DAWN!
As in lost or trying to find a copy to buy it? There's a used game store where I lived and Radiant Dawn was supposedly $17. This was sometime before Awakening came out, so... It was $49.99. Yeah. Path of Radiance is probably around that price if not more. I bet if I bought it before Awakening was announced, it would have been $17. This almost happened to The Thousand-Year Door where it's currently around $50, but I got it for $20, and it's happening to Star Fox games. Assault I think used to be around that 20 bucks range, but it's $50 now because Star Fox is relevant again with Star Fox Zero. They say it's both the amount of games they have on hand, but they don't say anything about market price or demand. Eh, they gotta make money and it's not as bad as what GameStop did with Xenoblade Chronicles or what Activision does with their Call of Duty games. It was like 5 years before Modern Warfare 2's price went down.

Also, Micaiah would be a nice addition to Smash. We have only Zelda and Robin as notable magic users. Ganondorf can sort of count, Ness and Lucas (and Mewtwo) are separated as more of PSI kids, Rosalina is more of a puppeteer or summoner archetype, and Peach might be able to count. Zelda's the more traditional magic user of slow and precise magic while Robin's a sword and sorcery archetype. Don't know what Micaiah could fit, but a magic-based glass cannon - apparently that's her thing in Radiant Dawn - would be cool.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As in lost or trying to find a copy to buy it? There's a used game store where I lived and Radiant Dawn was supposedly $17. This was sometime before Awakening came out, so... It was $49.99. Yeah. Path of Radiance is probably around that price if not more. I bet if I bought it before Awakening was announced, it would have been $17. This almost happened to The Thousand-Year Door where it's currently around $50, but I got it for $20, and it's happening to Star Fox games. Assault I think used to be around that 20 bucks range, but it's $50 now because Star Fox is relevant again with Star Fox Zero. They say it's both the amount of games they have on hand, but they don't say anything about market price or demand. Eh, they gotta make money and it's not as bad as what GameStop did with Xenoblade Chronicles or what Activision does with their Call of Duty games. It was like 5 years before Modern Warfare 2's price went down.

Also, Micaiah would be a nice addition to Smash. We have only Zelda and Robin as notable magic users. Ganondorf can sort of count, Ness and Lucas (and Mewtwo) are separated as more of PSI kids, Rosalina is more of a puppeteer or summoner archetype, and Peach might be able to count. Zelda's the more traditional magic user of slow and precise magic while Robin's a sword and sorcery archetype. Don't know what Micaiah could fit, but a magic-based glass cannon - apparently that's her thing in Radiant Dawn - would be cool.
I'm talking about buying the game.

Troykv

Smash Master
Yeah, Zelda is the only character that is magic user... the other characters with "magic" traits are psychics (Ness, Lucas & Mewtwo), mainly a sword user (Robin) or his magic is only "Dark-Magic Powered Strength" (Ganondorf). I love the magicians :3

I also see Micaiah as a glass cannon... the most "similar" things that we have as glass cannon are a flawed made character (Mewtwo) and a character that his gimmick is more like be "Excepcional in ground, bad in air" than a glass cannon (Little Mac).

So I move to the complete opposite half of the country for college, and I STILL CANT FIND RADIANT DAWN!
Sometimes it may seem to find this game can be like looking for a needle in a haystack xDUUU

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Just like any Fire Emblem amiibos, am I right?

Bu the way, has anyone seen Music Club today? I don't think he noticed, but I painted his username pink. :troll:
Well... Probably any Fire Emblem product (unless is Awakening or the eShop Virtual Console Games) is hard to find xD.

I'm sure I've seen him comment on the RTC... Anyway... Hi The Light Music Club The Light Music Club someone is looking for you.

Otherwise:

What is your favorite idea for Micaiah's Final Smash?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be honest, Nintendo needs to release Radiant Dawn in the eShop soon. They've already done us Sin & Punishment fans a huge favor and now we need an easier way of playing such a rare game.

Final Smash idea? One I've thought of in particular would be a team attack between her and Sothe. One knives the opponent up close while the other simply blasts away with light spells. As for the finisher, Sothe makes room for Micaiah to deal that Critical Finish animation to blow the competition away.

I don't know, I simply want to give Sothe a role in all of this instead of appearing in Victory Animations.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
To be honest, Nintendo needs to release Radiant Dawn in the eShop soon. They've already done us Sin & Punishment fans a huge favor and now we need an easier way of playing such a rare game.
This but with Path of Radiance as well. I'm not willing to pay 500 dollars for a game. As for a final smash I was gonna say Corona or Flare but Azure has a cool idea too.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Tbh, I would probably pay like $10 to have Micaiah in this game. Well, actually, I really have a hard time thinking of a cap, because I really want to play as her. I know that I would pay $10, and I think I would struggle with $100, but, it is Micaiah...

Troykv

Smash Master
Tbh, I would probably pay like $10 to have Micaiah in this game. Well, actually, I really have a hard time thinking of a cap, because I really want to play as her. I know that I would pay $10, and I think I would struggle with $100, but, it is Micaiah...
Me too!

Micaiah support thread? Neat, sign me up!
Welcome ABNQ! I'm so happy to see more Micaiah support :D

Do you want to appear in the Supporters List? You only need to be more active here and tag the user called "The Light Music Club".

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Me too!

Welcome ABNQ! I'm so happy to see more Micaiah support :D

Do you want to appear in the Supporters List? You only need to be more active here and tag the user called "The Light Music Club".
Sure, why not?
Hey @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club , if you would please add me? Smesh Bras needs some non terribad light magic users.

Astellius

Smash Ace
In FE Awakening, both I have both Micaiah's maxed out with limit breaker and other god-like skills.

Troykv

Smash Master
One month... Only one month left. And the Ballot will be closed... This is really exciting!

Also, a little good new. Micaiah Supporters Twitter now has 37 followers!

https://twitter.com/Micaiah4Smash

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
The last days I was drawing some fast things with Micaiah like this one.

I don't have experiencia with draws, but still I love make Micaiah's things. What do you think?

Attachments

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And as of PushDustIn's new results, Micaiah is now the 25th most wanted character for DLC and overall the Fire Emblem character with the mosts support. You know there's something wrong when the likes of Chrom is her only FE competitor in the Top 50 and given his tough situation, she's in a better one than many others. Micaiah forever *****es! :awesome:

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/

Troykv

Smash Master
Not half bad!
Thanks!

And as of PushDustIn's new results, Micaiah is now the 25th most wanted character for DLC and overall the Fire Emblem character with the mosts support. You know there's something wrong when the likes of Chrom is her only FE competitor in the Top 50 and given his tough situation, she's in a better one than many others. Micaiah forever *****es! :awesome:

My reaction when I see this some hours ago was something like: "OH WHAT!? THIS AMAZING! THANKS JAPAN!"

PushDustin said before that she doesn't appear in the Top 30... Now appears in the Top 30.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

I'm honestly not surprised by this for the most part, but I am surprised that Lyn isn't even in the Top 50. That just baffles me.

:007:

Troykv

Smash Master
The style's a little off, but it looks good otherwise.
Yeah, with some fixs could be a cool picture this.

I'm honestly not surprised by this for the most part, but I am surprised that Lyn isn't even in the Top 50. That just baffles me.

:007:
I don't know anything about japanese's opinion about Lyn but that looks like they like her... Otherwise, is weird to think that Dark/Black Knight and Chrom surprass her with an important diference, and we have other character that are NPCs and the other popular choices don't called Micaiah are Sword-Users... Really strange.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord

Chrom has a couple of things going for him. Even his joke status can be used in his favor as well as his appearance in the Atlus game which features him with a darker look. (Palutena must pay for her insolence) It's nice to see that Micaiah has been noticed and that there's very noticeable support for her. Anyway, all those fan polls will be worthless in less than a month since the ballot will be the one that really counts in the end.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Anyway, all those fan polls will be worthless in less than a month since the ballot will be the one that really counts in the end.
Ya know, I know a lot of people who uploaded constructive criticism to the Smash team through the ballot, rather than just voting for a character. I agree that it's really our only direct and relevant way to give input, and wonder how much of that criticism Sakurai and his team actually take to heart? They must sift through thousands and thousands of fake posts and ridiculous requests / trolling, so I guess I'm just worried that not a lot of the genuine critiques and desires of passionate fans will get through for them to see in the first place. It's a bit sad, really.

Anyway, it's great to see the fan support for Micaiah, even if the fan polls don't quite reach the developers!

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
We're most likely going to see Sakurai's reaction/answer to the many, many ridiculous/troll requests. We can only hope that Sakurai and his team can dig through those and notice the genuine ones. (Notice us, Sakurai-senpai)

Troykv

Smash Master
Chrom has a couple of things going for him. Even his joke status can be used in his favor as well as his appearance in the Atlus game which features him with a darker look. (Palutena must pay for her insolence) It's nice to see that Micaiah has been noticed and that there's very noticeable support for her. Anyway, all those fan polls will be worthless in less than a month since the ballot will be the one that really counts in the end.
Curious... Chrom get more backslash from Sakurai than Ridley... But Ridley is the most memetized of them xD

Yep :3 The Micaiah's Support is still alive and Japan has relatively "strong" in Japan considering her sittuation (Viridi curiously, has a similar sittuation in some aspects with Micaiah, and has the same "votes" in the PushDustin's Article).

Ya know, I know a lot of people who uploaded constructive criticism to the Smash team through the ballot, rather than just voting for a character. I agree that it's really our only direct and relevant way to give input, and wonder how much of that criticism Sakurai and his team actually take to heart? They must sift through thousands and thousands of fake posts and ridiculous requests / trolling, so I guess I'm just worried that not a lot of the genuine critiques and desires of passionate fans will get through for them to see in the first place. It's a bit sad, really.

Anyway, it's great to see the fan support for Micaiah, even if the fan polls don't quite reach the developers!
Construcite criticism? Like what exactly?

Oh goddess... you're right, the ballon has so many trolling requests xD

Micaiah4Smash Guys! :happysheep:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Curious... Chrom get more backslash from Sakurai than Ridley... But Ridley is the most memetized of them xD
Chrom's getting the attention even if it wasn't Sakurai's intention to do so. Having him show up as the Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep would be QUITE an interesting turn of events. It's a meme gold mine! Ridley is quite the special case and we all know Sakurai's stance on that matter while Viridi has the loli factor and Japan loves its lolis.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Chrom's getting the attention even if it wasn't Sakurai's intention to do so. Having him show up as the Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep would be QUITE an interesting turn of events. It's a meme gold mine! Ridley is quite the special case and we all know Sakurai's stance on that matter while Viridi has the loli factor and Japan loves its lolis.
Yeah... is a little bit... ironic XD Well... maybe that support was the reason that we have now a Chrom Mii Outfit (but anyway, helps that the Chrom's model is already better than other models because his special role.).

Troykv

Smash Master
I hope Viridi gets a Mii costume since she is up there with Micaiah. Having them both at least get a Mii costume would be dope.
Yeah :p

I'm wonder... How would the Viridi's custome? I mean, Mii Fighter Style.

Micaiah maybe could be a awkward-looking Gunner xDU

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Probably an awkward-looking Gunner unless they tweak her weapon to act more like a sword and now you got a Mii Swordfighter dressed as Viridi.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Project X Zone 2 has some FE shenanigans! Unfortunately it's not a Tellius team, but they'll do. They even invited Xenoblade!

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Project X Zone 2 has some FE shenanigans! Unfortunately it's not a Tellius team, but they'll do. They even invited Xenoblade!
Who knows... But the Fiora's inclussion probably is related with the Xenoblade's relation with the other Monolith Soft games from Namco.

Anyway, I expect see more. I want to see more Nintendo Chars :3

Maybe we have luck with more FE because Nintendo doesn't have many popular characters that are "realistic" or "anime" Style.

I'm very disappointed that they added Chrom.... But I guess that's Namco being Namco.

Where is IM@S for PS3/4 in the US Namco?
I'm happy with Lucina, Chrom was just expected as hers "couple".

You can do it Micaiah

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Who knows... But the Fiora's inclussion probably is related with the Xenoblade's relation with the other Monolith Soft games from Namco.

Anyway, I expect see more. I want to see more Nintendo Chars :3

Maybe we have luck with more FE because Nintendo doesn't have many popular characters that are "realistic" or "anime" Style.

I'm happy with Lucina, Chrom was just expected as hers "couple".

You can do it Micaiah
It should have been Lucina and Robin instead.

I can see Shulk, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, and Link getting in on this.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Awesome! I can't believe Nintendo's getting in on this too!

It should have been Lucina and Robin instead.

I can see Shulk, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, and Link getting in on this.
I can also see everyone you mention with a possible inclusion of Marth, Roy, and Ike, if they decided to do DLC or at least have them make a guest appearance. (Like what Iris from Mega Man X4 did in the first PXZ game.) Still, I hope realistic, or "anime-style" characters are not the only things allowed for PXZ2. I'd like to see the game "broaden its horizons" in terms of character choices this time around. Kind of like what they did with Namco x Capcom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom