• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah 4 Smash DLC !! Sakurai let us #DownloadTheDawn !!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Micaiah, The Silver Haired Maiden of Dawn Brightens the Battlefield!
Series: Fire Emblem
Appeared in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Micaiah is the leader of the Dawn Brigade, a group of people fighting to free their home country, Daein, from the control of the neighboring country, Begnion. She has the power of foresight, and a power known as Sacrifice, which allows her to heal an ally, but in return inflicting their wounds on herself. She is what is known as a "branded": a person born of a beorc parent and a laguz parent. She is far older than she looks. (leafbarrett's trophy description) With her strong abilities in use of light magic, as well as staffs, she would be the most original character to represent the Fire Emblem franchise.

[COLLAPSE="Moveset by Leafbarrett"]http://leafbarrett.deviantart.com/art/SSBB-Moveset-Micaiah-91494120 [/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Moveset #2 By previous thread owner, (Specials and Final Smash Only"]

B: Micaiah summons a light orb that lasts for 15 seconds or until it is run into by an opponent. When it is run into an opponent, it explodes. Does 17-20 damage, Great knock back, can have 5 orbs out at a time, orbs are as big as kirby.

Side B: Micaiahs orbs turn into lasers and shoot towards the inputed direction, does 11 per laser, ok knock back

Up B: Takes out 3 light orbs and uses her staff to swing across them. Same damage properties as B, when the orbs are summoned, if more three, the oldest one, two or three are fade away

Down B: The orbs go up a little bit and then drop to the ground, exploding on contact with a player or the ground. When it hits the ground it sends off a light wave the same size as the orb that travels two wave lengths. Orb does 22-24 damage with good knockback that sends up, wave does 11-15 damage and little knock back

Final Smash: Micaiah is possessed by Yune and her moves become stronger

B: Summons 3 orbs instead of one that last 15 seconds and has a cap of 15, damage is 24-29 damage with great knockback

Side B: Lasers latch on to closest opponent doing 15-19 damage per laser with good knock back going the direction the laser hit him

Up B: Summons 10 orbs below her that turn into platforms that last for 25 seconds, platforms are replaced by other platforms, not orbs, no damage

Down B: Same as Down b, but waves travel across the entire ground surface: orbs do 30-33 damage with great upward knockback, and waves do 15-17 damage with falco laser knock back

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Moveset by Troykv"]
Neutral B: Light/Shine/Purge: Micaiah shot a light magic's attack, is not particulary fast and has a short range, it can be charged and the explosion will be bigger.

Side B: Torch/Berseker/Sleep Staff: Micaiah attacks with one of these three Staves, the move have low hitbox, but it has a special effect, Berserk inverses controls, Torch sets oponents on fire and sleep puts them to sleep.

Up B: Rewarp: It's simple: Micaiah use a Staff to warps herself in any direction.

Down B: Thani: Summons a light pillar from above that explodes infront of her, distance can be changed depending on how long B is pressed.

Final Smash: Rexaura: Micaiah summons a big light magic sphere from the Sky in a diagonal trayectory, if oponents are hit by the sphere they will be pulled inside and when the sphere hits the floor exploding they will be sent flying away.
[/COLLAPSE]

Arguments:
  1. Micaiah is the main character to one of the most recent games of the Fire Emblem franchise, with this being the first possible game for her to be eligible, it would make sense that she has at least a chance to be a part of the newest Super Smash Bros. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn may have also been the most recent new Fire Emblem release world wide before the roster for the new game was chosen.
  2. Micaiah is a Fire Emblem main character that uses magic, something that barely any if any at all mains from Fire Emblem do. Being that she is not a sword user, she would be a perfect character to use to represent the non-sword users of the Fire Emblem franchise, a large group of characters that have no representation in Super Smash Bros.
  3. While some may disagree, it would seem that we are to get more female characters this time around with the inclusion of WFT, Rosalina, and most likely (if the leak is true) Palutena. Adding someone to represent the amazing females of Fire Emblem is something I feel needs to happen, and Micaiah is the perfect person for the job. Also for the argument of "Palutena and Micaiah are both light users" Micaiah also can use dark magic and anima magic, which could give her variation.
  4. Fire Emblem has an opportunity to get 4 Fire Emblem characters. With the planned including of three ( Marth, Ike, and Roy) in SSBB, it would make sense to think that Fire Emblem, with it's recent boom in popularity, would make sense to get a fourth representative. If Sakurai wants to have four, he could always put in the "obligatory Awakening rep" as well as a fourth representative from another game. Since Radiant Dawn is the most new game (non-remake) of the series, I would say Micaiah would be the best option if they decided to have four characters with an Awakening obligation.
  5. It seems like those who have appeared on Wii titles are getting the priority right now. Animal Crosser was decided to be put in with his new game being City Folk, Wii Fit Trainer is clearly from the Wii, Little Mac was revived on the Wii, Rosalina debuted on the Wii, and even Mega Man stayed realevent with Nintendo having many of his classic games on the Virtual Console. Micaiah is from Radiant Dawn, one of the best rated Wii games published by Nintendo. It wouldn't be crazy if they wanted her to represent the Wii just as Ike represented one of the better rated GCN games.
We also have this nice little blurb by Troykv to battle the "Mary Sue" argument:
Finally is done this counter argument post... Please take a look

Is Micaiah really a Mary Sue?

Micaiah, the controversial main character from Radiant Dawn was and is accused of being a Mary Sue for whatever reason. We're here to show you that actually she ISN'T a Mary Sue and why.

First we need to understand the basic elements that make up a Mary Sue, these are five elements:

1.- They are a selfinsertion, usually an idealised vision of th author.

We can't really answer this honestly, we would have to interview the storyboard writer to get that detail and even then, I don't think this is the case so we can discard this point.

2.- Are overpowered in everything, they know everything, they can do everything.

Micaiah has some abilities because her Laguz heritage, Sacrifice: She can heal allies but she has to give her own life force, she can't abuse this ability, it has a price she has to pay, it's not something she can do whenever she wants, it has a cost.

Galrds: As an apostol she can sing the galrd of release to free Yune from the Lehran Medallion, she also serves as an avatar for the Goddess.

All of these abilities are her role in the story and it doesn't really give her an edge or an advantage over the other characters

She also has foresight abilities, but they aren't exactly precise and are threated in a vague way, so the advantage she gains over enemies with this ability is really not that spectacular or cool.

3.- All characters adore her regardless of what she does

Everyone? At the begining it makes sense for her to be adorered, she became a symbol of hope in Daein, a thing that escalated once she was put in charge of Pellea's group, a comander of noble heart and one that risks her life in the heat of battle, that is a quality to be admired and something that many Lords in the franchise have.

Now on the subject of the Beorc and Laguz war...
Even thought no one deserted from the army and remained by choice, there is always people questioning Micaiah's decisions, with the exception of generic soldiers which don't really hold much plot relevance and already hate the Laguz Alliance to begin with.

Micaiah goes from being a savior to a figure to characters the game threats it as such, the game does not sugarcoat her actions.
In the end all was explained with the Blood Pact which does put them into a thight spot, but in no way the game portray or excuses Micaiah's actions as a story with a Mary Sue would, you are free to decide wheter her actions are good or bad or if she did the right thing by going with it instead of looking for a plan C, there is no definitive answer in that regard.

4.- Ultra Tragic Past, the more tragic the better.

Micaiah is a branded like Soren, but unlike him, Micaiah experienced more loneliness than rejection like Soroen did.
Making her life a bitter and miserable, but not as tragic as other branded characters had it.

5.- The story is molded to the Mary Sue's advantage, without care for the consistence.

To Micaiah's advantage? The only thing than we see "convenient" to her is Yune's revelation, that managed to unify the 3 groups, but that was neccesary, and it was beneficial for everyone, not just Micaiah.

And that's it, there aren't other elements in the story that can be seen as "especially convinient for Micaiah".

Twitter Link: https://www.twitter.com/Micaiah4Smash/status/622944727831343104

Direct Link: http://t.co/wa00akbDBa
_________

Any opinion? :3
Now everyone should do a little bit of this:

The Dawn Brigade (Supporters)
The Light Music Club
Equestrian Flyer
Azure Warrior
Troykv
Ark of Silence101
Almost But Not Quite
Astellius

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I support, but Sakurai hasn't really left a happy flavor in my mouth with magic users in smash (Like Zelda)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like Micaiah, and it would be nice to have her in a Smash game, but there are other Fire Emblem characters I want before her, such as the Black Knight and Anna. but Micaiah isn't a bad choice, either.

she is a light magic user, and in Awakening, she also uses Anima magic and Dark magic as well. While she could use the Sacrifice ability, it would be useless on FFAs or 1v1 matches. On a second though, it could work anyway, after all, there are characters with moves that only work against projectiles and are useless in matches against characters who don't have projectiles, with items turned off, so... it is still not out of question.

by the way... it's "Silver Haired Maiden" not "Silver Hair Maiden". :)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Nice! She's my most wanted Lord after Roy. She should totally have her Awakening redesign as an alt., though I think that's a given at this point for any potential FE rep.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I can put my support for Micaiah. I supported her back before Brawl. While I would like to see Chrom, Micaiah would be a welcomed departure from the boys and swords only FE club. I can see people arguing that she could be a Zelda clone. However, it would be cool to see her use distant light based spells while using defensive healing spells in conjunction.

:phone:

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
I can put my support for Micaiah. I supported her back before Brawl. While I would like to see Chrom, Micaiah would be a welcomed departure from the boys and swords only FE club. I can see people arguing that she could be a Zelda clone. However, it would be cool to see her use distant light based spells while using defensive healing spells in conjunction.

:phone:
She's as much a Zelda clone as Marth/Ike are Link clones. Using can hardly be considered something that makes a character unique, it's used in almost every fantasy game. As far as healing goes, that's a tricky one since FE healers only heal themselves by healing others. Micaiah's unique ability allow her to take the damage from an ally onto herself but I have no clue how that could possibly translated into Smash since you don't tend to have allies around.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd figured this thread would be warped into this section. XD

If there would be another magic user added than Palutena, then Micaiah gets my full support. She have to be in her fanservice Awakening outfit at least. X3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
like it was already suggested in this thread, as well as suggested for other Fire Emblem characters (like Marth, Roy, Ephraim, Eirika, Ike, Lyn and others), Micaiah could have her look from Awakening as an alternate costume.

[COLLAPSE="Micaiah's appearence in Awakening"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
[COLLAPSE="Micaiah's appearence in Awakening"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Oh god...I like the outfit, but...there's something wrong with her eyes. I can't put my finger on it, her eyes just look strange to me. Edit: They're too far apart, that's it. Also, her nose is really hard to see, so her face looks flat.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
They really went full-on japanese with Awakening, didn't they? Oh well, it was nice having women wear actual clothing and armor while it lasted.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
They really went full-on japanese with Awakening, didn't they? Oh well, it was nice having women wear actual clothing and armor while it lasted.
Lyn's redesigned outfit isn't so bad. At least, it's not any worse than her original outfit. But yeah, most of the new outfits are pretty ridiculous, especially Eirikas.

Edit: Also, women wearing ridiculously impractical outfits for the sake of fanservice isn't just a Japanese thing. Go read some superhero comics(especially from the early 90s), you'll see.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Lyn's redesigned outfit isn't so bad. At least, it's not any worse than her original outfit. But yeah, most of the new outfits are pretty ridiculous, especially Eirikas.

Edit: Also, women wearing ridiculously impractical outfits for the sake of fanservice isn't just a Japanese thing. Go read some superhero comics(especially from the early 90s), you'll see.
Yeah, the japanese thing mostly just shows itself in the big eyes, the almost childlike appearances yet 'mature' at other parts of the body.
It's not just the female characters that seemed to have gotten this treatment, characters like Roy, Ike and even Marth look even more...japanese.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah, the japanese thing mostly just shows itself in the big eyes, the almost childlike appearances yet 'mature' at other parts of the body.
It's not just the female characters that seemed to have gotten this treatment, characters like Roy, Ike and even Marth look even more...japanese.
....I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

And the proportionally big(and weirdly spaced) eyes is weird, but so far it's only Micaiah who I've seen to have them. Speaking of which, how old is she supposed to be?

Reyson

Smash Journeyman

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
...So how old is she?

They don't look nearly as off-model as Micaiah does. Maybe it's the fact they have hair covering their forehead.
She witnessed what happened in Serenes Forest and is This person's older sister(RD SPOILER, DO NOT HOVER), which makes her somewhere between 25 and 40.

Micaiah is my most wanted Fire Emblem rep and I believe she has quite the chance of getting in. Especially in the female department.

MI-CAI-AH! MI-CAI-AH! MI-CAI-AH!

The crowd chant

Main outfit would be Light Mage (first Radiant Dawn outfit) or Awakening
Alt outfit would be Light Sage (second Radianr Dawn outfit)

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
The outfit redesigns on the awakening cards are made to make the characters match the default sprites of their class. Micaiah is wearing the same outfit as the default female dark mage which is based around the character tharja.

I think its better to stick with her outfits from Radiant Dawn. In my opinion, they look better too.

The outfit redesigns on the awakening cards are made to make the characters match the default sprites of their class. Micaiah is wearing the same outfit as the default female dark mage which is based around the character tharja.

I think its better to stick with her outfits from Radiant Dawn. In my opinion, they look better too.
I would rather have the Radiant Dawn outfits as well, just saying there is the possibility that Awakening could be a big influence.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Luh dis ***** design. I haven't played radiant dawn though. Her Awakening outfit... there are so many sexualized characters, and I really liked her innocent look.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Something about this one here is more interesting. I can't put my fingers on it

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Curse you people! I don't even want to get my hopes up! But nooooo, character design is great or something. I've heard terrible opposition from the likes of Gamefaqs (and she's more popular in Japan, to boot).

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm surprised this thread, didn't get to it's second page, yet. This is one of the few Fire Emblem threads without major flaming. I support Micaiah, but Lyn is more of a priority when it comes to a new rep.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
i'd stick it in micaiah if she were a real chick, don't care that shes old as ****. she's better than any girls from Awakening, and better than Lyn, but I doubt Sakurai is going to pull back from a couple Fire Emblem games and include her

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think Micaiah would have been a cool character to diversify the Fire Emblem roster, but I think her time has passed.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Since she's Branded, there is a chance that she'll become a more reoccurring character so it might not actually be past her time quite yet (but probably is).

I rather like her original design and I hate, hate, hate her dark mage design. Besides, having her in as a light mage seems more interesting than having her as a generic dark mage.

In any case... Micaiah is the FE character I'd most like to see, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Why do all dark mages in Fire Emblem has to be scantily clad is beyond me. :/
Because the scantily clad uniform promotes lust, and lust is one of the seven deadly sins. Generally speaking, anything that would promote sins could be considered a dark or evil characteristic.

At least, that's how I see it.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Is that why she was in that fanservice looking suit? Well, not saying your way was official, but I'm guessing it was also promoting her ability to do dark magic?

I seriously wish there was far more... better drawn art of her in that (while keeping it far away from SSB).

Top Bottom