• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
So it looks like Mewtwo may not be the only DLC character will be getting in the spring, which got me thinking - Is Dixie Kong's trophy in this game an entirely new / updated model? I feel like that would greatly increase her chances of being added as DLC given how things have gone so far.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So it looks like Mewtwo may not be the only DLC character will be getting in the spring, which got me thinking - Is Dixie Kong's trophy in this game an entirely new / updated model? I feel like that would greatly increase her chances of being added as DLC given how things have gone so far.
Dixie and K. Rool's trophies are just the PAON design. But Mewtwo's trophy is different from his model revealed in the 50-fact extravaganza and this "leaked" model appears to be different from both of them.

In short, it doesn't matter. Dixie and K. Rool both technically have new models (as far as I can tell), but they're just old designs. Mewtwo is the same way.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Dixie and K. Rool's trophies are just the PAON design. But Mewtwo's trophy is different from his model revealed in the 50-fact extravaganza and this "leaked" model appears to be different from both of them.

In short, it doesn't matter. Dixie and K. Rool both technically have new models (as far as I can tell), but they're just old designs. Mewtwo is the same way.
How good is the quality for her trophy if you know? Does it match up to mewtwo's by any chance, it it did that'd be great

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I feel as though any DK characters added will get entirely new redesigns for Smash. The Paon models were okay for their time, but just copypasting them into Smash with a graphical upgrade wouldn't really fly. . .especially since Dixie's ponytail is so small in that design, she can't realistically use it for many attacks.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I feel as though any DK characters added will get entirely new redesigns for Smash. The Paon models were okay for their time, but just copypasting them into Smash with a graphical upgrade wouldn't really fly. . .especially since Dixie's ponytail is so small in that design, she can't realistically use it for many attacks.
I doubt she'll look any different from Tropical Freeze

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Assuming that she's added in this game and she'd probably use her hair for a lot of attacks. If her hair is smaller in TF, I really agree with BKupa; they'd probably make her hair larger so it'd work better overall for her moveset. Otherwise she'd be based on TF, and K. Rool would be based on redesigns they did for him for future games.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
DK has a mostly original design, whereas Diddy is based mostly off of his original DKC design, with his cap featuring Retro's 'Nintendo' design. I'd expect Dixie to follow Diddy's lead in that regard; Rare model with larger hair, but with the clothing of Retro's model (the cap and scarf, but no knee pads and especially no Rare pin).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I just realized this but this news came out a while ago and no-one talked about it
http://nintendonews.com/2015/01/dr-mario-swapnote-stage-super-smash-bros/

The chorus kids were planned

"The next icon, “rhythm,” readily calls to mind Nintendo’s stylus-tapping Rhythm Heavenseries. PushDustIn notes that the rhythm icon was listed with the others that had playable characters in the game. It has been long rumored that the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven would appear as a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Perhaps they were intended at one point, but cut during development."

Which also matches up with this...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153
They all have moving models within the game except Dixie, How strange

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
That's a good point. There wouldn't be a new icon for Dixie, since she's part of an existing one. And we know there is a moving model of Ridley, since he plays on the field in Pyrosphere, and even acts like a computer player in some ways (even has a KO icon). And with Mewtwo on the way, that just leaves Dixie and the Chorus Kids.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd be pretty surprised if Dixie isn't DLC at this stage, presuming character DLC becomes a sweet, wondrous reality. We know what kind of hype even the simplest notion of a new character being released can create, and I can only imagine Dixie would be a great way to keep the hype train on the right track beyond Mewtwo.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So, hey guys and gals...haven't really been on this thread in a while, but I wanna finish those Dixie moveset ideas and finally put my imagination to rest. I got an alternate take on a Down Tilt for her, so without further ado:

Alternate Down Tilt
[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/Saarebas/media/5a5c2b0f-eef7-41cd-9b49-bb33af13c46f.jpg.html][/URL]

The Swift Spank--based off Tropical Freeze. She kneels and leans forward, allowing her hair to strike twice in front of her with a relatively small range. It's quick, reliable and has a stinging quality, but the attack is always 2 strikes per input, which means if the hits don't connect Dixie could be vulnerable to a counterattack. As I wrote before, the moves quick so she's not in too much danger if she misses, right?

I came up with the Handstand Slam just before I saw Dixie do that hair-banging groundpound from DKC Tropical Freeze, and I gotta admit it looked cool so I drew up something based on it. I find it practical; it's swift and she leans low unlike in the other which she is more open to danger, but it's not as strong and looks similar to her Forward Tilt. Still, both ideas are good but I prefer the Slam over the Spank. As long as I get ideas circulating in others, every drawing I show will serve its purpose. So in this case, if I have more than 1 idea to show for the same attack then the more the merrier.

I admit it is another hair attack, which now that I think of it is what her tilts consist of. Maybe the moves I haven't shown yet won't be so hair-heavy...

[Collapse=Up Smash: Jolt]

Dixie starts her Up Smash with a handstand pose. Her arms and hair stay bent on the ground to support herself and cushion her head, for balancing in that position can be painful.
The blood flows down as the attack charges, but she remains clear-headed and focused. And then...

ssSSSHWEEEEEemsh!!! She launches herself straight up to collide with foes and knock them higher! Her hair goes from a curled cushion to propel herself upward; as she does so she extends her legs in the hopes of impacting enemies with blunt force. She uses her hair merely for assistance, as this attack has her rely on her feet to deal the damage, and boy is it strong. The force she uses to blast upwards coupled with the overall trajectory makes this quite a jolt for her!
A near - strictly vertical attack from Dixie. The extended length of her ponytail matches the length of her body, and thus like many of her moves she's granted some good range. As she shoots upward her feet have incredible force; it's not as powerful as her Forward Smash, but it has quite a healthy bit of killing power. Also, due to the vertical nature of this move, it's most effective on those directly above her and the knockback is vertically oriented as well.
In regard to Smash attacks, Dixie's Forward relies mostly on her hair to deal damage; her Up reverses that "role" and her Down has no reliance on her hair. A nice dynamic IMO.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Down Tilt: Handstand Slam]

To pull off her Down Tilt, Dixie does a swift handstand and lets her hair fall forward to smash into the ground. Opponents hit by it will be bounced upwards with semi decent force if their % is at or near zero; the knockback (or more accurately knock-up) is good but the move's not KO worthy unless on really high percentages, though it's a nice and quick way to bounce opponents off.

Here's the attack layout. At Position 1 tthere's no attack, but the transition to P2 is something to be aware of, as the startup swing does negligible damage but may knock you forward if grounded or swung with slightly more force if aerial. In either case, if you get hit at this transition, you should be pushed just out of the reach of this DTilt, with minor damage if you're higher than 20%. If your % is lower than 20, you're likely to endure the full attack. At P2, Dixie's hair swings downward, so anything hit from this point on the way to P3 will nudged or forced underneath the hair. At P3, the hair makes contact with the ground and BAM! The attack has unfolded. Anything it immediately touches will be bounced upwards as the attack is complete, and those that were forced through the whole move will be slammed into the ground, bounced up and receive higher damage and knockback than those making contact at P3. P4 is simply Dixie returning to her neutral position.
The move is quick on the startup side but has just a touch of ending lag; about the speed of Diddy's Forward Tilt, and as the move bounces foes upward I liken it to a 1-directional shockwave with (surprise surprise) nice reach thanks to her hair. It's quick and strong but not a killing move, however you might be able to use it to set up her Up Tilt at the right percentages. Just think...Dtilt-> UTilt-> FTilt/FSmash. This is one of Dixie's "Get back!" moves. [/Collapse]
[Collapse=Back Air: Whiplash Whirl]

Here we have a hair-assisted whiplash attack. She curves her hair around her then immediately turns 180 degresss, extending her hair in the process to smack foes, much like her forward smash but reversed. She then turns back to her start position. A powerful move, no doubt, but not quite the fastest airborne attack of hers. It takes a split second to get to the part you see above (while most BAirs are practically instantaneous) and the ending lag's roughly the same, so you might wanna use this move preemptively if you're sure it'll hit, and when it does it pays off. Not quite as fast as other BAirs or Dixie's other aerials, but still a reliable speed with good power. It is her strongest aerial move, and if you've ever had the misfortune of being hit by one of Ike's aerials, you'll have a very solid idea of its KO potential.
Also, as it is a tad slower due to startup and ending lag, it would be tougher to use this move as much as others before you land. Dixie doesn't have to worry too much though, because she's got an ability to stay airborne for quite some time. It's an ability...that I'll detail later..[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Up Air: Simian Cyclone]
Up Air

While airborne, Dixie can use her hair for more than maneuvering. She can treat enemies above her to a violent display of her hair's spinning ability, in which her ponytail twists and throttles wildly; it jerks and whips in a dangerous fashion, abandoning the more graceful movements it's known for and embraces a feral nature. The ponytail lashes and contorts relentlessly in a strange circular form that resembles a tornado, and thus she's able to gain multiple hits while enemies are caught in this cyclone.
Dixie makes a sort of free falling pose to pull off the move. Her arms are stretched outward while her head dips so that her feet are the highest point of her body; this allows her ponytail enough room to swivel uncontrollably without smacking herself, and her body is poised to help her with her movement, for the turbulent nature of her Simian Cyclone slows her good air speed. Fortunately this move slows her falling speed considerably, as she is spinning her ponytail afterall.
Great for racking up damage and trapping enemies in a hairy cyclone, not much of a killing move.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Forward Smash: Whiplash Smash]

To begin her Forward Smash attack, Dixie coils her hair around herself and turns her back to her foes. As she charges the move her hair tightens and snakes around her body; she balances on one foot in preparation for what's to come, unaffected by her own constricted grip. The extent of the coil grows with each second while Dixie grows more determined to maintain her posture. The pressure mounts...and then finally...!

WHAAAOOOOoomsshh!! She makes a fierce spin and unravels her hair, slashing the space around her! While she turns, her ponytail extends to whip the air with immense might and smack anything it collides with HARD. The force behind this move is extreme and her strongest smash attack without a doubt, and you can even hear the wind crack while the move's used. She easily surpasses her boyfriend's strength and practically rivals DK's!
This is a high-powered move with amazing knockback and high killing power, so do your best to avoid it! This move is a stationary spin attack that, thanks to her hair, gives this kong an elliptical strike range with impressive reach, damage, knockback and KO potential. The move starts quickly but has a bit of ending lag, for a revolution that fiercely performed needs a moment to keep balance. The upside to this however is that Dixie's using her hair to attack, and thus has a bit of a backswing that foes should beware. The backswing isn't as deadly (far less tbh) or powerful but it still packs a punch, so rolling around Dixie or standing behind this attack will leave you with a nasty surprise.
Dixie's UpTilt is a good setup for this move.
I finally got to show a smash attack. The idea behind it is a powerful backhand move where hair is used instead of hand, and I think it works out nicely[/collapse]
[collapse=Neutral Air: Splitting Kong]

A nice whirling kick. She spins twice to let her feet hit you; it pushes enemies back on moderate damage percentages and hits two times when used on those with low percentages. Nothing too special about the move, but its reliable and gets its job done. [/collapse]
[Collapse=Jab & Finisher]Okay everyone, here's my jab idea for The Third Hero:

Using her hair for support, she sits back and kicks her feet forward; Dixie pedals her feet back continuously to rack up damage.

Then, to finish her rapid kicks, she uses her hair and body to thrust herself forward feet first to give opponents a forceful shove. Thanks to her hair's length she's able to move a nice distance for her finisher.
Originally I thought of the 2nd drawing as a forward tilt backup idea, but after seeing the introduction of standard attack finishers in a Pic of the Day months ago, I knew what to do with this move.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Forward Tilt: Side Swing]
I thought up a forward tilt for Dixie Kong

She coils her blonde hair behind her and leans on one side of her body, then shifts her weight to the opposite side to swing her hair and make it spank the ground. Those who get hit by it just as its about to smack the ground receive a stronger strike, while those who get hit in mid-swing are punished less. The move's not TOO powerful, but it can kill, particularly the full swing...once certain percentages are reached, of course. Has good range thanks to Dixie's hair and the fact that she leans outward.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Up Tilt: Figure Ape]

Dixie's UpTilt involves her body facing us as she shuffles gracefully left to right or vice versa. She literally tilts; as she does so her hair sways with her to whack opponents above her, behind her and in front of her to move them around. It has great range and its effective at crowd control, but it has little knockback and by extension no real killing power. It is however good for disrupting aerial approaches and those that are too close as it displaces them, and if a foe's damage is substantial they'll be swept around through the whole animation instead of part of it. It's best to use this on airborne targets as they'll typically get stirred more than grounded opponents, who are more likely to get smacked depending on where they are, how close they are to Dixie and what stage her attack's in. It's generally a carrying attack. She'll always start the move from behind where she's facing; this is good to for getting those who rolled around her.

This is the attack's layout. At position 1, she starts the move and foes directly above as well as those beside her get hit and swept to position 2. Grounded opponents who got hit during position 1 will be swept and usually left here. Airborne victims likely won't. At P2, new victims both grounded and aerial will be whacked and likely carried with the airborne victims of P1 and swung to P3 where the attack ends. From this point, victims will either hit the ground or be chucked forward a bit, especially if their damage % is EXTREMELY high. Enemies who make contact at P3 will simply get whacked and pushed back. They only take damage ranging from average to below average from this move at these 3 points. Good for displacement, close-quarters crowd control or setting up the Forward Tilt or Forward Smash. [/Collapse]
Thanks again to everyone who has taken a shine to these ideas! With Tilts out the way and one Smash attack left, all that's left are the aerials, throws, the dreaded specials and the Final Smash...

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So, hey guys and gals...haven't really been on this thread in a while, but I wanna finish those Dixie moveset ideas and finally put my imagination to rest. I got an alternate take on a Down Tilt for her, so without further ado:

Alternate Down Tilt

The Swift Spank--based off Tropical Freeze. She kneels and leans forward, allowing her hair to strike twice in front of her with a relatively small range. It's quick, reliable and has a stinging quality, but the attack is always 2 strikes per input, which means if the hits don't connect Dixie could be vulnerable to a counterattack. As I wrote before, the moves quick so she's not in too much danger if she misses, right?

I came up with the Handstand Slam just before I saw Dixie do that hair-banging groundpound from DKC Tropical Freeze, and I gotta admit it looked cool so I drew up something based on it. I find it practical; it's swift and she leans low unlike in the other which she is more open to danger, but it's not as strong and looks similar to her Forward Tilt. Still, both ideas are good but I prefer the Slam over the Spank. As long as I get ideas circulating in others, every drawing I show will serve its purpose. So in this case, if I have more than 1 idea to show for the same attack then the more the merrier.

I admit it is another hair attack, which now that I think of it is what her tilts consist of. Maybe the moves I haven't shown yet won't be so hair-heavy...

[Collapse=Up Smash: Jolt]

Dixie starts her Up Smash with a handstand pose. Her arms and hair stay bent on the ground to support herself and cushion her head, for balancing in that position can be painful.
The blood flows down as the attack charges, but she remains clear-headed and focused. And then...

ssSSSHWEEEEEemsh!!! She launches herself straight up to collide with foes and knock them higher! Her hair goes from a curled cushion to propel herself upward; as she does so she extends her legs in the hopes of impacting enemies with blunt force. She uses her hair merely for assistance, as this attack has her rely on her feet to deal the damage, and boy is it strong. The force she uses to blast upwards coupled with the overall trajectory makes this quite a jolt for her!
A near - strictly vertical attack from Dixie. The extended length of her ponytail matches the length of her body, and thus like many of her moves she's granted some good range. As she shoots upward her feet have incredible force; it's not as powerful as her Forward Smash, but it has quite a healthy bit of killing power. Also, due to the vertical nature of this move, it's most effective on those directly above her and the knockback is vertically oriented as well.
In regard to Smash attacks, Dixie's Forward relies mostly on her hair to deal damage; her Up reverses that "role" and her Down has no reliance on her hair. A nice dynamic IMO.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Down Tilt: Handstand Slam]

To pull off her Down Tilt, Dixie does a swift handstand and lets her hair fall forward to smash into the ground. Opponents hit by it will be bounced upwards with semi decent force if their % is at or near zero; the knockback (or more accurately knock-up) is good but the move's not KO worthy unless on really high percentages, though it's a nice and quick way to bounce opponents off.

Here's the attack layout. At Position 1 tthere's no attack, but the transition to P2 is something to be aware of, as the startup swing does negligible damage but may knock you forward if grounded or swung with slightly more force if aerial. In either case, if you get hit at this transition, you should be pushed just out of the reach of this DTilt, with minor damage if you're higher than 20%. If your % is lower than 20, you're likely to endure the full attack. At P2, Dixie's hair swings downward, so anything hit from this point on the way to P3 will nudged or forced underneath the hair. At P3, the hair makes contact with the ground and BAM! The attack has unfolded. Anything it immediately touches will be bounced upwards as the attack is complete, and those that were forced through the whole move will be slammed into the ground, bounced up and receive higher damage and knockback than those making contact at P3. P4 is simply Dixie returning to her neutral position.
The move is quick on the startup side but has just a touch of ending lag; about the speed of Diddy's Forward Tilt, and as the move bounces foes upward I liken it to a 1-directional shockwave with (surprise surprise) nice reach thanks to her hair. It's quick and strong but not a killing move, however you might be able to use it to set up her Up Tilt at the right percentages. Just think...Dtilt-> UTilt-> FTilt/FSmash. This is one of Dixie's "Get back!" moves. [/Collapse]
[Collapse=Back Air: Whiplash Whirl]

Here we have a hair-assisted whiplash attack. She curves her hair around her then immediately turns 180 degresss, extending her hair in the process to smack foes, much like her forward smash but reversed. She then turns back to her start position. A powerful move, no doubt, but not quite the fastest airborne attack of hers. It takes a split second to get to the part you see above (while most BAirs are practically instantaneous) and the ending lag's roughly the same, so you might wanna use this move preemptively if you're sure it'll hit, and when it does it pays off. Not quite as fast as other BAirs or Dixie's other aerials, but still a reliable speed with good power. It is her strongest aerial move, and if you've ever had the misfortune of being hit by one of Ike's aerials, you'll have a very solid idea of its KO potential.
Also, as it is a tad slower due to startup and ending lag, it would be tougher to use this move as much as others before you land. Dixie doesn't have to worry too much though, because she's got an ability to stay airborne for quite some time. It's an ability...that I'll detail later..[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Up Air: Simian Cyclone]
Up Air

While airborne, Dixie can use her hair for more than maneuvering. She can treat enemies above her to a violent display of her hair's spinning ability, in which her ponytail twists and throttles wildly; it jerks and whips in a dangerous fashion, abandoning the more graceful movements it's known for and embraces a feral nature. The ponytail lashes and contorts relentlessly in a strange circular form that resembles a tornado, and thus she's able to gain multiple hits while enemies are caught in this cyclone.
Dixie makes a sort of free falling pose to pull off the move. Her arms are stretched outward while her head dips so that her feet are the highest point of her body; this allows her ponytail enough room to swivel uncontrollably without smacking herself, and her body is poised to help her with her movement, for the turbulent nature of her Simian Cyclone slows her good air speed. Fortunately this move slows her falling speed considerably, as she is spinning her ponytail afterall.
Great for racking up damage and trapping enemies in a hairy cyclone, not much of a killing move.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Forward Smash: Whiplash Smash]

To begin her Forward Smash attack, Dixie coils her hair around herself and turns her back to her foes. As she charges the move her hair tightens and snakes around her body; she balances on one foot in preparation for what's to come, unaffected by her own constricted grip. The extent of the coil grows with each second while Dixie grows more determined to maintain her posture. The pressure mounts...and then finally...!

WHAAAOOOOoomsshh!! She makes a fierce spin and unravels her hair, slashing the space around her! While she turns, her ponytail extends to whip the air with immense might and smack anything it collides with HARD. The force behind this move is extreme and her strongest smash attack without a doubt, and you can even hear the wind crack while the move's used. She easily surpasses her boyfriend's strength and practically rivals DK's!
This is a high-powered move with amazing knockback and high killing power, so do your best to avoid it! This move is a stationary spin attack that, thanks to her hair, gives this kong an elliptical strike range with impressive reach, damage, knockback and KO potential. The move starts quickly but has a bit of ending lag, for a revolution that fiercely performed needs a moment to keep balance. The upside to this however is that Dixie's using her hair to attack, and thus has a bit of a backswing that foes should beware. The backswing isn't as deadly (far less tbh) or powerful but it still packs a punch, so rolling around Dixie or standing behind this attack will leave you with a nasty surprise.
Dixie's UpTilt is a good setup for this move.
I finally got to show a smash attack. The idea behind it is a powerful backhand move where hair is used instead of hand, and I think it works out nicely[/collapse]
[collapse=Neutral Air: Splitting Kong]

A nice whirling kick. She spins twice to let her feet hit you; it pushes enemies back on moderate damage percentages and hits two times when used on those with low percentages. Nothing too special about the move, but its reliable and gets its job done. [/collapse]
[Collapse=Jab & Finisher]Okay everyone, here's my jab idea for The Third Hero:

Using her hair for support, she sits back and kicks her feet forward; Dixie pedals her feet back continuously to rack up damage.

Then, to finish her rapid kicks, she uses her hair and body to thrust herself forward feet first to give opponents a forceful shove. Thanks to her hair's length she's able to move a nice distance for her finisher.
Originally I thought of the 2nd drawing as a forward tilt backup idea, but after seeing the introduction of standard attack finishers in a Pic of the Day months ago, I knew what to do with this move.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Forward Tilt: Side Swing]
I thought up a forward tilt for Dixie Kong

She coils her blonde hair behind her and leans on one side of her body, then shifts her weight to the opposite side to swing her hair and make it spank the ground. Those who get hit by it just as its about to smack the ground receive a stronger strike, while those who get hit in mid-swing are punished less. The move's not TOO powerful, but it can kill, particularly the full swing...once certain percentages are reached, of course. Has good range thanks to Dixie's hair and the fact that she leans outward.[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Up Tilt: Figure Ape]

Dixie's UpTilt involves her body facing us as she shuffles gracefully left to right or vice versa. She literally tilts; as she does so her hair sways with her to whack opponents above her, behind her and in front of her to move them around. It has great range and its effective at crowd control, but it has little knockback and by extension no real killing power. It is however good for disrupting aerial approaches and those that are too close as it displaces them, and if a foe's damage is substantial they'll be swept around through the whole animation instead of part of it. It's best to use this on airborne targets as they'll typically get stirred more than grounded opponents, who are more likely to get smacked depending on where they are, how close they are to Dixie and what stage her attack's in. It's generally a carrying attack. She'll always start the move from behind where she's facing; this is good to for getting those who rolled around her.

This is the attack's layout. At position 1, she starts the move and foes directly above as well as those beside her get hit and swept to position 2. Grounded opponents who got hit during position 1 will be swept and usually left here. Airborne victims likely won't. At P2, new victims both grounded and aerial will be whacked and likely carried with the airborne victims of P1 and swung to P3 where the attack ends. From this point, victims will either hit the ground or be chucked forward a bit, especially if their damage % is EXTREMELY high. Enemies who make contact at P3 will simply get whacked and pushed back. They only take damage ranging from average to below average from this move at these 3 points. Good for displacement, close-quarters crowd control or setting up the Forward Tilt or Forward Smash. [/Collapse]
Thanks again to everyone who has taken a shine to these ideas! With Tilts out the way and one Smash attack left, all that's left are the aerials, throws, the dreaded specials and the Final Smash...
Wow! These look fantastic and just go to show how unique dixie can be, throw in a peach-esque glide and you're got yourself an amazing aerial based fighter

Spatman

Smash Ace
sorry, I'm sure this topic was already treated, but... how could it be possible to have dixie as playable character if there is already a trophy in smash tour?
I didn't see any trophies of Dr Mario or Pikachu in Smash Tour...

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
Dixie is one my top 5 newcomers that I would want in Smash, so i support her as DLC or in Smash 5.
Hopefully Smash 4 DLC though

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
sorry, I'm sure this topic was already treated, but... how could it be possible to have dixie as playable character if there is already a trophy in smash tour?
I didn't see any trophies of Dr Mario or Pikachu in Smash Tour...
It's the general consensus that trophies don't matter. If she were an assist trophy or had some other in game element I would say she couldn't be DLC but just because collecting her trophy in smash tour gives you an extra double jump doesn't mean she's out. To me this reasoning is the same as the people who said mewtwo couldn't be DLC because his trophy was already in the game.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Y'know I was kinda bummed out that Dixie doesn't use her hair to grab things in Tropical Freeze, but I realized something: how can she do the helicopter twirl if her hair's holding an object?

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
are you guys scared that dixie will be a clone of diddy if she is ever inthe game? Dixie is my 2nd most wanted charcter but i am scared sakurai won't see her potential and just make her a clone

are you guys scared that dixie will be a clone of diddy if she is ever inthe game? Dixie is my 2nd most wanted charcter but i am scared sakurai won't see her potential and just make her a clone
IMO, i don't think sakurai thinks it would be worth the trouble just to add a clone. I'm guessing he thinks it's unique or bust for DLC but that's just me

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I don't think so, otherwise she would have been playable. If Dixie is going to be DLC, she'll probably have a unique moveset.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
She is easy to make as a clone with her similar base to Diddy.
Just replace the attacks that involve the tail with new hair-based attacks, give her the Hair Twirl Up special, and give her the Bubblegum popgun instead of the Peanut Popgun.
That's the most I would expect when she's in the roster.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
She is easy to make as a clone with her similar base to Diddy.
That's the most I would expect when she's in the roster.
There's a difference between having a similar body shape and being a clone. I think she'll be more like Luigi than Dr. Mario.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Y'know I was kinda bummed out that Dixie doesn't use her hair to grab things in Tropical Freeze, but I realized something: how can she do the helicopter twirl if her hair's holding an object?
Here's the thing, though; Dixie doesn't even do her helicopter twirl. Somehow, between DKC3 and DKCTF, Dixie gained the ability to control her hair directly. Remember, in the original games, she spun her entire BODY. Now she just spins her hair around a bit.

My headcanon: Dixie's "Cranky" potion gave her the ability to control her hair directly instead of spinning her entire body! :D

Regardless I feel like in Smash she'd pick up things with her hair again.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
You mean "would." But no, I don't see how it could be part of her hitbox. If she uses it for various attacks that would get in the way because its constantly moving.
I'm sure she'll be a character eventually, if you think about it, there gonna choose dixies before they truly scrape the bottoms of the barrel In 20 years or so

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm sure she'll be a character eventually, if you think about it, there gonna choose dixies before they truly scrape the bottoms of the barrel In 20 years or so
I have to agree, other than a few characters representing their own series that aren't in yet like Isaac, Dixie is one of the only big nintendo characters left (Apart from Ridley). Pretty much all the Sm4sh newcomers are C listers

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I have to agree, other than a few characters representing their own series that aren't in yet like Isaac, Dixie is one of the only big nintendo characters left (Apart from Ridley). Pretty much all the Sm4sh newcomers are C listers
By whose account?

Villager is the mascot of a hugely popular series, Wii Fit Trainer is the mascot of one of the highest-selling video games of all time, Mega Man is freaking Mega Man, Pac-Man is the grandfather of video game culture, Rosalina is the Mario series' breakout character, Little Mac is the hero of one of the most iconic games of the NES era, Duck Hunt even moreso, Palutena has over two decades of privilege to her name and is one Nintendo's most endearing and well-developed heroes, Greninja is a popular character from the latest Pokémon generation, Bowser Jr is one of the Mario series' most recurring villains and the Koopalings are, next to Bowser, the series' most iconic and beloved villains, Robin is one of the heroes of the game that single-handedly saved the Fire Emblem series and a representation of a concept that has existed since the first game, and Shulk is the hero of the game that has been critically praised as the best JRPG of recent years and hailed as "the rebirth of the modern JRPG".

I get that Dixie is popular and is definitely one of Nintendo's biggest names, but to say the rest are C-list characters because they're not Dixie is just harsh.

I think they've got a lot to their names. It's a pretty impressive roster from where I'm standing, I must admit.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
By whose account?

Villager is the mascot of a hugely popular series, Wii Fit Trainer is the mascot of one of the highest-selling video games of all time, Mega Man is freaking Mega Man, Pac-Man is the grandfather of video game culture, Rosalina is the Mario series' breakout character, Little Mac is the hero of one of the most iconic games of the NES era, Duck Hunt even moreso, Palutena has over two decades of privilege to her name and is one Nintendo's most endearing and well-developed heroes, Greninja is a popular character from the latest Pokémon generation, Bowser Jr is one of the Mario series' most recurring villains and the Koopalings are, next to Bowser, the series' most iconic and beloved villains, Robin is one of the heroes of the game that single-handedly saved the Fire Emblem series and a representation of a concept that has existed since the first game, and Shulk is the hero of the game that has been critically praised as the best JRPG of recent years and hailed as "the rebirth of the modern JRPG".

I get that Dixie is popular and is definitely one of Nintendo's biggest names, but to say the rest are C-list characters because they're not Dixie is just harsh.

I think they've got a lot to their names. It's a pretty impressive roster from where I'm standing, I must admit.
Rosalina is only important in two games though, Robin is an avatar character, greninja isn't well known, neither is shulk, Mega man and pac-man are also third party so I don't really count them in that regard.

I'm not saying they are C-listers because they aren't Dixie, I'm saying they're are C-lister because they aren't well-known and in a nintendo fighting game, bigger names like Dixie, Ridley etc should be prioritised over them

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Rosalina is only important in two games though, Robin is an avatar character, greninja isn't well known, neither is shulk, Mega man and pac-man are also third party so I don't really count them in that regard.

I'm not saying they are C-listers because they aren't Dixie, I'm saying they're are C-lister because they aren't well-known and in a nintendo fighting game, bigger names like Dixie, Ridley etc should be prioritised over them
Again, by whose account?

Sounds to me like you're making excuses based on arbitrary criteria. They all have their own fans and rationale for inclusion. They're certainly not C-listers.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
...and King K. Rool...

...and King K. Rool...

But regardless I wouldn't argue they're all C-listers. Rosalina definitely is NOT a C-lister. She's an extremely prominent Mario character with two major games and a huge fan favorite status. The others could arguably be C-listers, but that doesn't make them bad. Robin is arguably more of a B-lister since Awakening renewed interest in the franchise. Shulk is essentially a C-lister, as although Xenoblade Chronicles got decent attention and good reviews, it didn't do "AMAZINGLY" well.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Again, by whose account?

Sounds to me like you're making excuses based on arbitrary criteria. They all have their own fans and rationale for inclusion. They're certainly not C-listers.
They kind of are though, most of these characters aren't well known at all. They may have fanbases but they generally aren't that large, especially before their inclusion

...and King K. Rool...

...and King K. Rool...

But regardless I wouldn't argue they're all C-listers. Rosalina definitely is NOT a C-lister. She's an extremely prominent Mario character with two major games and a huge fan favorite status. The others could arguably be C-listers, but that doesn't make them bad. Robin is arguably more of a B-lister since Awakening renewed interest in the franchise. Shulk is essentially a C-lister, as although Xenoblade Chronicles got decent attention and good reviews, it didn't do "AMAZINGLY" well.
I'm referring more so to how actually important they are in their games and as much as I like Rosalina, 2 games out of the entire mario franchise is basically nothing

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
They kind of are though, most of these characters aren't well known at all. They may have fanbases but they generally aren't that large, especially before their inclusion
I have to agree with this, but at the same time, its hard to justify including another character over them. I don't like the idea of removing an entire franchise (Xenoblade), Robin is simply an amazing character and Greninja... well, I have no arguments for him. He's kinda bland, but he's another Pokemon, which was guaranteed to happen regardless.

We got plenty of big-time characters and a few lesser-known ones as well. We can't have every character as a big-time star.

...although honestly, if any single character had to be removed, I'd say WFT. The only thing WFT brings to the table that's all that interesting is being a WTF character. That's literally her only purpose for existing. Her moveset isn't even that great or interesting, primarily because the entire moveset revolves around specific yoga poses, which completely restricts her potential to be anything special. But regardless, she was added, and there's no point in dwelling on it.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Here's the thing, though; Dixie doesn't even do her helicopter twirl. Somehow, between DKC3 and DKCTF, Dixie gained the ability to control her hair directly. Remember, in the original games, she spun her entire BODY. Now she just spins her hair around a bit.

My headcanon: Dixie's "Cranky" potion gave her the ability to control her hair directly instead of spinning her entire body! :D

Regardless I feel like in Smash she'd pick up things with her hair again.
Well to be fair, in DKC 2&3 she couldn't twirl if she was holding an item, and if that happened in TF she'd be at a disadvantage while Cranky and Diddy could still use their cane and jetpack.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well to be fair, in DKC 2&3 she couldn't twirl if she was holding an item, and if that happened in TF she'd be at a disadvantage while Cranky and Diddy could still use their cane and jetpack.
Yeah I know why she had to do it in TF, its still really annoying though. If she's added in Smash she just HAS to use her original "carries foes with her hair" gimmick. Its too iconic not to include. (And that'd also be a trait that makes her similar to DK... go figure.)

Top Bottom