• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think BluePikmin summed it up accurately. :awesome:

Changing topics...

I noticed that most of the trophy boxes tend to have ~6 trophies... so I thought... wouldn't it be cool if there was a trophy box for DLC characters and their Final Smashes?

Mewtwo & Final Smash, Dixie Kong & Final Smash, Impa & Final Smash
Or they could just have a case for DLC characters and another for the final smashes. Also I swear there can be at least 8 in a trophy case but I'm not sure

So like Dixie, Impa, Mewtwo, Wolf, Lucas, Isaac, Krystal and maybe a couple others and then their final smashes in another case

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Or they could just have a case for DLC characters and another for the final smashes. Also I swear there can be at least 8 in a trophy case but I'm not sure

So like Dixie, Impa, Mewtwo, Wolf, Lucas, Isaac, Krystal and maybe a couple others and then their final smashes in another case
y u no wonder red

wat did he ever do to yew

How would they know what size to make it? Or would it, like, add new slots as more DLC characters are added?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
y u no wonder red

wat did he ever do to yew

How would they know what size to make it? Or would it, like, add new slots as more DLC characters are added?
They could just add more as they go along, I don't see a problem. I seriously doubt they'd have over 8 DLC characters anyway and if there were new series reps they'd need their own case for their trophies

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
They could just add more as they go along, I don't see a problem. I seriously doubt they'd have over 8 DLC characters anyway and if there were new series reps they'd need their own case for their trophies
Seems legit. :3

I'm still curious as to how they'll rectify existing trophies like Mewtwo and Dixie.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

8 DLC characters? I cannot see us getting that many DLC characters. I always thought that 3 AT MOST was probably the most reasonable number for DLC. :ohwell:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
8 DLC characters? I cannot see us getting that many DLC characters. I always thought that 3 AT MOST was probably the most reasonable number for DLC. :ohwell:
I know I was just saying that we could have 8. I think if we get more besides mewtwo we'll get like 6 at the most. I think Wolf and Lucas are basically guaranteed, krystal is likely, impa is likely and isaac is pretty much guaranteed

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't know... are you sure "guaranteed" is the correct term to use? :ohwell:

Changing topics back to Dixie Kong...

I was thinking that maybe her Side+B could be her spinning her hair like in DKC2. You can use it on the ground or in the air so it is a versatile move. I think it can be a move that hits multiple times... kinda like Mii Brawler's default Side+B.

I still think that Dixie's hair is her best asset. She could have used her hair like one of the Inhumans in Marvel Comics, Medusa.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I know I was just saying that we could have 8. I think if we get more besides mewtwo we'll get like 6 at the most. I think Wolf and Lucas are basically guaranteed, krystal is likely, impa is likely and isaac is pretty much guaranteed
That's a dangerous word to be throwing around, you know. It really has no place in a speculation environment.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Speaking of new ideas, something to consider about Dixie's hair...I know it's common to treat her like Shantae or Bayonetta, with hair that can do basically anything. That being said, I think the extent she'd potentially use her hair depends on what model is used. If she received a modified Rare model like Diddy, the hair moves would go off without a hitch, but with her current Paon model, I'm not as sure. In Tropical Freeze, she doesn't even use it to carry barrels anymore, since it's smaller in that version. Just a consideration I had while replaying TF a few days ago.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You are way too optimistic.
Not at all. Expectant, maybe, but certainly not optimistic.

Optimistic would be to say, "Oh, we're not getting any DLC, but the stuff we did get is nice!"

Optimism is looking at the given scenario in the best possible light.

In the present context, he's being pretty rational, as he's merely suggesting that, while he's expecting that amount of DLC, he's not banking all of his hopes on it or saying he'll be devastated if it doesn't materialise in such a specific manner.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Not at all. Expectant, maybe, but certainly not optimistic.

Optimistic would be to say, "Oh, we're not getting any DLC, but the stuff we did get is nice!"

Optimism is looking at the given scenario in the best possible light.

In the present context, he's being pretty rational, as he's merely suggesting that, while he's expecting that amount of DLC, he's not banking all of his hopes on it or saying he'll be devastated if it doesn't materialise in such a specific manner.
op·ti·mis·tic
ˌäptəˈmistik/
adjective
adjective: optimistic
  1. hopeful and confident about the future.
    "the optimistic mood of the sixties"

• involving an overestimate.
      "previous estimates may be wildly optimistic"
Bolded important. His overestimation of character DLC chances is extremely optimistic.
Was this (incorrect) nitpick really necessary?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
op·ti·mis·tic
ˌäptəˈmistik/
adjective
adjective: optimistic
  1. hopeful and confident about the future.
    "the optimistic mood of the sixties"
    • involving an overestimate.
      "previous estimates may be wildly optimistic"
Bolded important. His overestimation of character DLC chances is extremely optimistic.
Was this (incorrect) nitpick really necessary?
It's not at all incorrect, actually. What I said remains firmly intact in the context of the original definition. However, if we're going to split hairs and demarcate between potential interpretations of the word "optimistic", then sure, you can say that it's an incorrect nitpick and that your position is duly vindicated.

Of course, you could also realise that the inherent meaning of words is fundamentally arbitrary and based solely upon the premise that the meaning I have of the word "optimistic" is essentially the same mutually agreed-upon definition of the word "optimistic" and nothing else. Evidently it is not, as I maintain the term "optimistic" can be interpreted in a certain way, which evidently and perhaps irrevocably clashes with the definition you yourself hold. This is a textbook example of the fallible nature of the sign / signifier / signified linguistic model in effect. I suggest you go read Saussure and Derrida for further study, rather than citing a dictionary definition in a puerile attempt to make me look foolish.

However, out of deference to the other denizens of this thread, and owing to the fact that this is the Dixie for DLC support thread and not Literary Theory 101, I will leave it at that and invite you to continue this most inestimably enlightening conversation via PM~ :3

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i truly believe we will see 4 dlc characters. 2 newcomers and 2 vets.Not to many not to much and a perfect balance.

cybersai

Smash Ace
What I don't get is if Dixie was going to be in Brawl, why wasn't she one of the first characters decided for Smash 4 to begin with? I feel like she should have been there as one of the newcomers in this game from the start.

Dixie starred in her own game in 1995 for goodness sakes. She also debuted in the most popular game of the classic trilogy. And given Sakurai wanted to add more female characters too its baffling she's not there already.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
When I say guaranteed, I mean really likely. I'm not actually that dumb

I was just exaggerating
Calling pretty much any of those characters, except maybe Wolf, even "really likely" is a major stretch. Thus, you're being way too optimistic. Only time will tell, but I really don't think you should get your hopes up so high.

If non-Mewtwo character DLC is to happen at all, Dixie is really the only one I can see as any kind of likely, but since this is Sakurai, I don't think I'd be placing bets anywhere.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What I don't get is if Dixie was going to be in Brawl, why wasn't she one of the first characters decided for Smash 4 to begin with? I feel like she should have been there as one of the newcomers in this game from the start.

Dixie starred in her own game in 1995 for goodness sakes. She also debuted in the most popular game of the classic trilogy. And given Sakurai wanted to add more female characters too its baffling she's not there already.
Perhaps because, at the time the roster was decided, Dixie (along with K. Rool) hadn't appeared in a Donkey Kong game in quite some time. Perhaps their absence in recent years made them low priority for potential candidates.

That being said, now that Tropical Freeze has been released and DLC is a possibility, Dixie stands out as one of the more ideal and likely candidates. So, perhaps she'll make it in yet.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Calling pretty much any of those characters, except maybe Wolf, even "really likely" is a major stretch. Thus, you're being way too optimistic. Only time will tell, but I really don't think you should get your hopes up so high.

If non-Mewtwo character DLC is to happen at all, Dixie is really the only one I can see as any kind of likely, but since this is Sakurai, I don't think I'd be placing bets anywhere.
I still think wolf has the best chance of being DLC, along with lucas

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want to believe so badly...

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
I found this pic on someone's Deviantart page. It's very well made and could easily be her oficial render for SSB4.

Where did you find this? I've never seen fanart like it before. It's almost too good... I mean look at the feet. Crazy and suspicious.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Why are people talking as if DLC after Mewtwo is practically guaranteed. Nothing has been planned for it, and Sakurai sounds like he doesn't want to do it and wants a break from the game. If we get DLC it'll be because Nintendo pressures Sakurai into it, so it's not some highly probable thing like everyone is expecting.

And for the one millionth time, Dixie is not unique. She has one whole gimmick that differentiates her from Diddy in any meaningful way. Anyone can have a unique moveset. You could make another Mario and give him an entirely unique moveset and say that the second Mario is unique. What being unique in this context actually means is that what that character does in their games would be unique if transitioned into Smash. Her hair is her only unique trait. That's just one gimmick, when most highly requested characters have multiple unique qualities to draw from.

She'd be a great addition to the game but you're deluding yourself if you think she's comparitively unique to other characters. If Dixie is unique then what character who isn't canonically a clone isn't unique...

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Why are people talking as if DLC after Mewtwo is practically guaranteed. Nothing has been planned for it, and Sakurai sounds like he doesn't want to do it and wants a break from the game. If we get DLC it'll be because Nintendo pressures Sakurai into it, so it's not some highly probable thing like everyone is expecting.

And for the one millionth time, Dixie is not unique. She has one whole gimmick that differentiates her from Diddy in any meaningful way. Anyone can have a unique moveset. You could make another Mario and give him an entirely unique moveset and say that the second Mario is unique. What being unique in this context actually means is that what that character does in their games would be unique if transitioned into Smash. Her hair is her only unique trait. That's just one gimmick, when most highly requested characters have multiple unique qualities to draw from.

She'd be a great addition to the game but you're deluding yourself if you think she's comparitively unique to other characters. If Dixie is unique then what character who isn't canonically a clone isn't unique...
Many of the newcomers have only one 'gimmick'.

Rosalina (Luma), Greninja (Shadow Sneak), Bowser Jr. (Clown Car), Duck Hunt (Shooter), PacMan (Hydrant), Megaman (Ranged Basics)

Plus there's Palutena, who has basically NO gimmick.

The point is that Dixie WOULD be a great addition to the game. She reps an underrepped MAJOR franchise, is a female fighter, and has at least one "gimmick". It doesn't matter that there are tons of other Nintendo characters that would be unique additions. The developers would find a way to make Dixie unique. They found a way to make PacMan fight in a unique way, and I'm damn sure they could do the same for Dixie.

Plus there's the fact that DK as a whole is criminally underrepped in this game. It's honestly sickening.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I found this pic on someone's Deviantart page. It's very well made and could easily be her oficial render for SSB4.

Anyone who has a keen eye would notice something fishy about this picture.

Sakurai (Or may we call him Sak for short?) would've create a better model than that.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

She'll at the very, very least be more unique than :4darkpit::4lucina::4drmario:. And I can live with her being a semi-clone of Diddy. Yes, we should all be aware of the possibility she'd be a lot like Diddy, but as long as her hair will be used as her recovery, and her stats differ from Diddy, I think her addition will be a worthy one nonetheless. She's just extremely iconic, and I'd rather have Dixie who is similar to Diddy in the game, than for example DK Jr. as a DK clone.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
She'll at the very, very least be more unique than :4darkpit::4lucina::4drmario:. And I can live with her being a semi-clone of Diddy. Yes, we should all be aware of the possibility she'd be a lot like Diddy, but as long as her hair will be used as her recovery, and her stats differ from Diddy, I think her addition will be a worthy one nonetheless. She's just extremely iconic, and I'd rather have Dixie who is similar to Diddy in the game, than for example DK Jr. as a DK clone.
For sure. I would argue she'd be more unique than Palutena and Greninja, even if she fights like Diddy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For sure. I would argue she'd be more unique than Palutena and Greninja, even if she fights like Diddy.
I'd figure she'd be :4diddy:'s :4falco:. Lots of moves appear similar, but aren't in function. Plus, Dixie is much floatier, somewhat lighter, weaker and slower but recovers a lot saver, and has much better grab range due to her hair. Her F Throw could even be like :4dk:'s. And I wish her Helicopter Spin would work like DK's Up B on the ground as well.

Maybe, as a compensation of her being all around weaker than :4diddy:, she could get 2 bananas?

Space Animals, your reign has been over since Melee, make way for the Jungle Animals!

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If dixie were to be a semi-clone, I expect her to be a more aerial based diddy with a glide like peach's

Up B should be changed to a hair jump
Neutral B should be changed to the bubblegum gun
Her roll from DKC as a dash attack
She also would need a new jab

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If dixie were to be a semi-clone, I expect her to be a more aerial based diddy with a glide like peach's

Up B should be changed to a hair jump
Neutral B should be changed to the bubblegum gun
Her roll from DKC as a dash attack
She also would need a new jab
Many things like these lead me to believe Dixie would be a semi-clone at worst. It's just not possible for her to be a full clone of Diddy like :4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina:.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely! In addition to the hair, she has no tail which her counterpart does have. Diddy's tail is pretty much exclusive to his jab (there should be more moves using it) but still. Dixie should not be put in the clone group.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy also attacks with his tail when he gets back on the stage. But yeah, agree fully 100% that Diddy needs more moves with his tail. I just think she'd be an ideal candidate for being a semi-clone as :lucas::wolf: and if they are coming back, am pretty sure Dixie is going to be in to.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, i know what you mean, it looks somehow official... It's TOO well made, the hands, the feet... This is very Sakurai-ish.
Well, look at Diddy's official render in SSB4... the feet are similar. The person who did this fan art probably just mirrored the feet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think it's just this image:

It's from Donkey Konga, but the artist from Deviantart probably used DK and Diddy's textures from Smash to create that image.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

That's just Diddy in drag.

We know Sakurai hasn't even thought of extra DLC yet so I dunno why people would even entertain the idea that this Diddy re-model is Smash4 Dixie render

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
That's just Diddy in drag.

We know Sakurai hasn't even thought of extra DLC yet so I dunno why people would even entertain the idea that this Diddy re-model is Smash4 Dixie render
May we call him Sak for short?

Top Bottom