• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
They kind of are though, most of these characters aren't well known at all. They may have fanbases but they generally aren't that large, especially before their inclusionp
I'm referring more so to how actually important they are in their games
These two statements don't add up. Clarify for us, yo~?

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I have to agree with this, but at the same time, its hard to justify including another character over them. I don't like the idea of removing an entire franchise (Xenoblade), Robin is simply an amazing character and Greninja... well, I have no arguments for him. He's kinda bland, but he's another Pokemon, which was guaranteed to happen regardless.

We got plenty of big-time characters and a few lesser-known ones as well. We can't have every character as a big-time star.

...although honestly, if any single character had to be removed, I'd say WFT. The only thing WFT brings to the table that's all that interesting is being a WTF character. That's literally her only purpose for existing. Her moveset isn't even that great or interesting, primarily because the entire moveset revolves around specific yoga poses, which completely restricts her potential to be anything special. But regardless, she was added, and there's no point in dwelling on it.
Having lesser known characters is fine, if the big ones are in first CoughRidleyCough

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
These two statements don't add up. Clarify for us, yo~?
This is valid.

Here's a better argument: Dixie Kong is a MAJOR recurring character in the DKC franchise ever since DKC2, has starred in her own game (one of a few starring female leads in Nintendo history). Robin, Greninja, and Shulk are one-off characters from very recent games.

Technically, I give more points to Robin since Robin represents the "Avatar" and "Tactician" characters from past games, since Robin is a customizable character. Greninja was barely promoted early on in X/Y and only became popular after people discovered that Froakie's third evolution was a ninja frog. Greninja was chosen long before this ever was a thing. Shulk will not appear in future Xenoblade games either, so he's by far the worst of the bunch. Wii Fit Trainer is also kind of bland, the real stars of Wii Fit are the Mii's (who are admittedly also playable).

Having lesser known characters is fine, if the big ones are in first CoughRidleyCough
I'm mixed on this. Eventually you run out of big names. The only real big names left are K. Rool, Dixie, and Ridley, but as far as Ridley is concerned, Sakurai won't add him. He's well aware of Ridley's popularity. He's never name dropped Dixie or K. Rool. Dixie and K. Rool should both be playable in Smash as well, and before even Ridley; both are a lot bigger than Ridley as far as popularity and iconic status in Nintendo goes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is valid.

Here's a better argument: Dixie Kong is a MAJOR recurring character in the DKC franchise ever since DKC2, has starred in her own game (one of a few starring female leads in Nintendo history). Robin, Greninja, and Shulk are one-off characters from very recent games.

Technically, I give more points to Robin since Robin represents the "Avatar" and "Tactician" characters from past games, since Robin is a customizable character. Greninja was barely promoted early on in X/Y and only became popular after people discovered that Froakie's third evolution was a ninja frog. Greninja was chosen long before this ever was a thing. Shulk will not appear in future Xenoblade games either, so he's by far the worst of the bunch. Wii Fit Trainer is also kind of bland, the real stars of Wii Fit are the Mii's (who are admittedly also playable).

I'm mixed on this. Eventually you run out of big names. The only real big names left are K. Rool, Dixie, and Ridley, but as far as Ridley is concerned, Sakurai won't add him. He's well aware of Ridley's popularity. He's never name dropped Dixie or K. Rool. Dixie and K. Rool should both be playable in Smash as well, and before even Ridley; both are a lot bigger than Ridley as far as popularity and iconic status in Nintendo goes.
Actually, it is more like "eventually you run out of big names of the 80s and 90s" since we are starting to get more characters that debuted in the 00s and 10s and getting less characters that debuted in the 80s and 90s (but that's okay because we already got most of them in Smash). I think that the newer characters didn't have much time to establish themselves as beloved childhood favorite characters so they are not seen as "big names" like most of the characters who were added in 64, Melee, and Brawl... while most of the SSB4 newcomers might not be our childhood favorites, they likely will be our children's childhood favorites.

SSB 64 Originals

Big names of the 80s that have been around for a long time
:mario64::luigi64:
:dk64:
:link64:
:samus64:

Big names of the 90s that have been around for a long time
:yoshi64:
:kirby64:
:fox64:

Big names of the 90s
:falcon64:(not Captain Falcon himself but for what he represents - F-Zero series)
:ness64:(not Ness himself but he represents the cult hit EarthBound)
:pikachu64::jigglypuff64:(they were too new but they were wildly popular - I mean, Pokemon was HUGE in the 90s)

Melee Newcomers

:peachmelee::bowsermelee:
:zeldamelee:

Big names of the 80s
:gawmelee:
:icsmelee:(never really was a big name in the first place before Melee)

:drmario:(it is Mario in a doctor's outfit from the popular puzzle game Dr. Mario)
:mewtwomelee:
:younglinkmelee:(it is Link as a child!)

Big names of the 90s
:marthmelee:(big name only in Japan)
:falcomelee:
:sheikmelee::ganondorfmelee: (they represent the first 3D Zelda game, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

Big names of the 00s
:pichumelee:
:roymelee:(not Roy himself but he represents the first handheld game in the Fire Emblem series)

Brawl Newcomers

:snake:

Big names of the 80s
:rob:
:pit:

:sonic:
:wario:
:metaknight::dedede:
:diddy:
:pt::charizard::squirtle::ivysaur:(not Ivysaur but for what it represents to complete the trio - the Bulbasaur line, the middle evolution stage, and the grass type)
:wolf:

Big names of the 00s
:olimar:(not Olimar himself but for what he represents - the Pikmin series)
:toonlink:(it is cel-shaded Link who represents the controversial The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
:zerosuitsamus:(it is Samus but without her Power Suit - the Justin Bailey Samus is finally playable)
:ike:(not Ike himself but he represents the first international home console game Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
:lucas:(not Lucas himself but he represents the long awaited game Mother 3)
:lucario:

SSB4 Newcomers

:4pacman:
:4megaman:

Big names of the 80s that were revived in the 00s and 10s
:4littlemac:
:4palutena:(while she wasn't a big name in the 80s, Uprising made her a big name)
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:

Big names of the 80s
:4duckhunt:

Big names of the 00s and 10s
:4villager:(not the Villagers but for what they represent - the Animal Crossing franchise)
:4bowserjr:(he's already a big name on his own but since he's got the Koopaling alts and he fights in the Koopa Clown Car, it's obvious he represents New Super Mario Bros. games)
:4mii:
:rosalina:(not Rosalina herself but for what she represents - Super Mario Galaxy games - let's be real, Sakurai did the next best thing since it's obvious he wasn't gonna reinvent Mario's moveset with Lumas, Star Bits, and Launch Stars)
:4wiifit:(not the Wii Fit Trainers but for what they represent - Wii Fit series)
:4shulk:(not Shulk himself but for what he symbolizes - the success of Operation Rainfall with Xenoblade Chronicles finally being brought to North America)
:4darkpit:(well, it is the dark version of Pit)
:4lucina::4robinm:(they may not be big names but they represent Fire Emblem: Awakening - a game that saved the series - plus Robin represents the recurring My Unit avatar)
:4alph:(not Alph himself but for what he represents - the long awaited Pikmin 3)
:4greninja:(not Greninja himself but he represents Pokemon X & Y)

I guarantee that in SSB5, we will get fewer big names from the 80s and 90s (since most of them are already in Smash) and many more big names from the 00s and 10s (for example - Splatoon, Pushmo, Rhythm Heaven). I believe this is why people keep saying that the only Nintendo all-stars left worth adding are Toad (don't forget him, grrr), Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, and Ridley.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If gliding comes back in the next Smash, and Ridley has a more important and deep role and is somewhat more sizable in the next Metroid, he'll probably be playable next time.

Dixie is the most likely chatacter next to be added in another Smash and as potential DLC for this game as a newcomer however. I think there's no good reason to exclude her for DLC unless they are going for strict clone veterans, alts as characters and old stages as DLC content after Mewtwo. And maybe Wolf and Lucas.

Now Sakurai just needs to release some Mewtwo content so we know what to expect for further DlC...

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Here's the thing, though; Dixie doesn't even do her helicopter twirl. Somehow, between DKC3 and DKCTF, Dixie gained the ability to control her hair directly. Remember, in the original games, she spun her entire BODY. Now she just spins her hair around a bit.

My headcanon: Dixie's "Cranky" potion gave her the ability to control her hair directly instead of spinning her entire body! :D

Regardless I feel like in Smash she'd pick up things with her hair again.

She controlled her hair the Country games to pick up and throw objects.

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
They can take properties from all the games she's been in to make her character though, I'd imagine she would spin like in dkc, but it doesn't really matter, I would take a diddy clone at this point as long as she got in.

I can't really think of a real reason she hasn't been added yet, maybe because they're trying to limit second party characters? Who knows.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
They can take properties from all the games she's been in to make her character though, I'd imagine she would spin like in dkc, but it doesn't really matter, I would take a diddy clone at this point as long as she got in.

I can't really think of a real reason she hasn't been added yet, maybe because they're trying to limit second party characters? Who knows.
??

Also, I'd only take a semi-clone if it was like Wolf, Lucas at the very least

Last edited:

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
??

Also, I'd only take a semi-clone if it was like Wolf, Lucas at the very least
I feel like she could be as different as Luigi is to mario or as metaknight is to Kirby, just depends what route they go.

And I don't know, that was just my nonsensical reasoning for her not being in since I can't think of any logical reason.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dixie is a first party character (i.e. fully owned by Nintendo.) The only reason she's not in is probably because she was MIA for so long.

:231:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

There is no such thing as a "second party" character, and even if there was, Mewtwo's impending release debunks that theory. The GameFreak situation is similar to Hal and Kirby. Hal owns certain rights to the games they develop, but ultimately the Kirby character belongs to Nintendo. Dixie Kong is fully owned by Nintendo, and so are the Donkey Kong Country games.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I don't know if this has been posted yet:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17deELX3QVDofXksu8roKCl_kyREFSThygPSoEVT2eNs/viewform
If you guys want your voices heard for DLC, your best course of action is this poll.
When you guys are done filling out this poll, consider spreading this poll around to as many places as possible, be it Facebook, Twitter, other Smash related sites, sites that focus on the DK franchise, Miiverse, and even those close to you. We need as many results as we can. It ends at the end of March, so start filling this out!
As for Dixie Kong, count me in as a supporter. I would love to see her duke it out with the other DK characters.
Please fill out the poll.
Thank You.

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
There is no such thing as a "second party" character, and even if there was, Mewtwo's impending release debunks that theory. The GameFreak situation is similar to Hal and Kirby. Hal owns certain rights to the games they develop, but ultimately the Kirby character belongs to Nintendo. Dixie Kong is fully owned by Nintendo, and so are the Donkey Kong Country games.
Rare was a second-party developer for nintendo when they created dixie kong and is referred to as second party quite a bit. Again I don't think that's the reason she's not in.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Rare was a second-party developer for nintendo when they created dixie kong and is referred to as second party quite a bit. Again I don't think that's the reason she's not in.
There's no such thing as a second-party developer either. At least not in fact and as far as official contracts and licensing are concerned. A developer can have a contract to develop a game for a first-party (thereby being considered "second-party" under the usual terminology), and have no rights or say to anything they created for the game. Or visa-versa, they can have all the rights to it.

That has nothing to do with anything as for how a character or franchise belongs to a specific company. And technically and legally, "second party" does not exist. You're either first-party (you belong to the main company), or a third-party, period, end of story. A third-party can have a license to develop for a different company's franchise. A third-party can also have a contract to only produce games for one company, but they're still third-party. However, the games they produce are first-party.

The problem with the term second-party is no one knows what the hell it ACTUALLY means. Is it just developers co-owned by a first-party? Is it a separate company owned by a first-party? Is it a company that isn't owned by a first-party but has a contract to develop exclusively for that developer?

Second-party was a term created to try and fill in a gap between first and third party. The issue is, the term is not official or legally binding in any way, and people can't make up their minds about what it refers to. Legally and technically, first-party and third-party are the only real terms that actually exist. Second-party should never be cited because its not a real legal term and people can't make up their minds about what it means, but they do so anyway.

Dixie Kong is a first-party character owned by Nintendo, end of story. All of the Kongs are first-party characters owned by Nintendo. Rare, back in its heyday, was a third-party developer partially owned by Nintendo. Technically, they were a first-party developer for Nintendo since they made games exclusively for Nintendo.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
As was already said, the difference between, say, Banjo and Dixie is that Banjo will never appear in Smash ( ;w; ) because the IP to the character is owned by Rare; whereas the IP to Dixie Kong as a character is owned by Nintendo.

Dixie is equally a Nintendo character as Mario or Link. The same applies to the likes of Wonder Red and Isaac: created by independent studios, owned by Ninty.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As was already said, the difference between, say, Banjo and Dixie is that Banjo will never appear in Smash ( ;w; ) because the IP to the character is owned by Rare; whereas the IP to Dixie Kong as a character is owned by Nintendo.

Dixie is equally a Nintendo character as Mario or Link. The same applies to the likes of Wonder Red and Isaac: created by independent studios, owned by Ninty.
Wonder Red is one I was mixed on at first, but then I found out that Nintendo was partially responsible for their creation. Unlike Bayonetta, who is owned by SEGA.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wonder Red is one I was mixed on at first, but then I found out that Nintendo was partially responsible for their creation. Unlike Bayonetta, who is owned by Platinum.
Yep. The Wonderful 101 was originally intended to be a Smash-style all-star hack 'n' slash, but it was decided that it'd be best if Platinum created their own characters instead. So Wonder Red and all of the TW101 characters belong to Ninty~

As I recall, Bayonetta is owned by Sega. Could be wrong, but I think it's a similar case, Platinum created the games, but the IP is owned by Sega.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yep. The Wonderful 101 was originally intended to be a Smash-style all-star hack 'n' slash, but it was decided that it'd be best if Platinum created their own characters instead. So Wonder Red and all of the TW101 characters belong to Ninty~

As I recall, Bayonetta is owned by Sega. Could be wrong, but I think it's a similar case, Platinum created the games, but the IP is owned by Sega.
Oh, crap. That's what I meant. I typed the wrong thing. I meant to say "SEGA" ugh...

Anyway, either way, Dixie and all the other Kongs (and Kremlings) are 100% owned by Nintendo even though Rare created them.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh, crap. That's what I meant. I typed the wrong thing. I meant to say "SEGA" ugh...

Anyway, either way, Dixie and all the other Kongs (and Kremlings) are 100% owned by Nintendo even though Rare created them.
It's cool, an easy mistake to make~ :3

Supposing Diddy Kong Racing 2 is legit, d'you think there'd be any Donkey Kong characters in it, or would it follow the same vein as the original and focus on a diverse range of characters? Dixie in a kart would be hella hype.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Supposing Diddy Kong Racing 2 is legit, d'you think there'd be any Donkey Kong characters in it, or would it follow the same vein as the original and focus on a diverse range of characters? Dixie in a kart would be hella hype.
I'd anticipate we'd probably get several DK characters, but the rumors did indicate we could get crossovers of other Nintendo characters. I'm not sure on that one, though.

I'd say its pretty much guaranteed that we'd get more DK characters than just Diddy, I mean, Dixie and Tiny were in Diddy Kong Racing DS. I'd think they'd bring back Krunch, add a few new DK characters like other Kongs and maybe K. Rool, then from there its open waters. Either they could just make it exclusively DK characters, or it could do some crossover stuff.

At this point I don't think Monster is developing it, though I do think Monster could have worked on it in the past and it got passed onto someone else.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Wasn't Dixie in the DS version?

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Oh my, kind of late for this, but i'm all for Dixie as a new DK character in Smash. : )
Hope she has her victory animation from DKC2 (rocking the guitar).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
What If Dixie Kong Was Announced For SSB4?
I'd tell you what'd happen, well at least for me, granted it's kind of gross...

You know what? um...Forget I said anything

Seriously though, I'm replaying Tropical Freeze right now and Dixie has become probably my most wanted smash character, possibly higher than wolf

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I made a Dixie moveset for the Maake your move thread, I thought I should post it here too

Dixie Kong Moveset:

The original girl with the whirl is finally back! (to kick some tail) Armed with a bubblegum gun, a banana milkshake and a pony tail, Dixie Kong swings into battle! But don't underestimate her, Just like her Loyal friend Donkey and boyfriend diddy she's not to be underestimated. Dixie Kong is a Kharacter that originates from the Donkey Kong Country Series, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest to be exact where she along with diddy set out on a mission to save Donkey Kong from K Rools klutches. She then got her own game in the form of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble, where she and her kousin Kiddy Kong ventured into the Northern Kremisphere to save Donkey and Diddy. From that alone we know she can fend for herself unlike a few other ladies in smash. Oh, but she's not done yet while Dixie and the DK series as a whole sort of disappeared from this point onwards she appeared in plenty of spin-off games before taking a starring roll in 2014's Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.​

Dixie Kong Swings into Battle!

Playstyle:
Dixie Kong overall feels like a mixture of Diddy Kong and Princess Peach, but she is far from a clone. She's slower on the ground and overall weaker there but she makes up for that in her aerial manouverability and aerial power thanks to a Peach-esque glide, however rather than just floating in place she'll fall slowly, allowing her to stay in the air for a lot longer.

Stats:
Ground Speed - 6/10
Overall Dixie Kong is slower than Diddy on the ground

Air Speed - 7/10
However she's a lot quicker and more agile in the air

Overall Attack Power - 5/10
Dixie isn't the strongest on the ground but her aerial attacks make up for that

Jump Height - 8/10
Dixie's jump height is about the same as Diddy's

Fall Speed - 6/10
Dixie Kong falls a little slower than diddy kong, it's slightly faster than mario's

Weight - 3/10
Dixie is a little bit lighter than Diddy

Height - 5/10
About the same height as diddy

Tilt Attacks:
Jab 1: Dixie Kong will thrust her left foot forward as she supports herself using her hair and hands on the ground
Jab 2: She'll then do the same thing with her right foot
Jab 3: Dixie will thrust he entire body forward with both legs outwards before landing on the ground
Rapid Attack: Dixie will do a rapid string of hits with her feet before doing the third hit of her jab

Dash attack: Dixie's dash attack is almost identical to her roll in Tropical Freeze, she'll spin around while moving forward, whipping her hair around her with her hands up above her head kind of like a ballerina. This move has 3 hits
Forward Tilt: Dixie Kong will lean forward on one hand and slam her hair onto the ground in front of her
Up Tilt: Dixie Kong will swing her hair above her head like a propeller twice
Down Tilt: This is another move from Tropical Freeze, her ground pound, Dixie will slam her hair downwards on one side before doing it a second time on the other

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Dixie will first wrap her hair around her body, She'll then spin around and unravel her hair, slashing the space around her

Up Smash: Dixie will get into a hand-stand like pose atop her head, she'll then use her hair to spring her upwards, as she kicks out to both sides

Down Smash: Dixie will jump upwards and spin upside down, while turned around she'll use her hair to keep her aflight while she rotates 360 degrees while kicking outwards

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral Air: Based off of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze when bouncing off two enemies in a row, Dixie will spin around, whipping her hair around her with her arms outstretched and feet pointed straight downwards, visually similar to her dash attack and like that is also a multihit with a total of 4 hits
Forward Air: Dixie will swing her hair diagonally upwards going from left to right, slashing anyone in front of and slightly above and below her
Back Air: Dixie will swing her head downwards and behind her attacking with her hair in a rising motion
Up Air: Dixie will use her hair as a propeller to damage enemies above her, the move is visually similar to her flight ability in Tropical Freeze where she'll spin her hair above her head to lift her up
Down Air: Dixie will flip upside down, essentially being on her back and use her hair as a propeller slicing anyone below her with it

Grab and Throws:
Grab: Dixie will grab the opponent with her hair, wrapping it around them
Pummel: When pummelling opponents, Dixie will just tighten her hair around them
Forward Throw: Similar to DK's forward throw, she'll be able to pick them up and hold them above her head, when tossed Dixie will pull her head back then push forwards launching them straight ahead
Back Throw: Dixie will spin around twice similar to her dash attack/neutral air before letting go and launching them behind her
Up Throw: Dixie Kong will quickly lift her head upwards, releasing the opponent and sending them in that direction
Down Throw: Dixie Kong will throw the opponent to the ground and jump on them as she pulls out her bubblegum gun, before blasting them in the face with it

Other Attacks:
Get Up Attack: Dixie will essentially perform her down tilt
Ledge Attack: Dixie will swing her hair above the ledge, slamming down on the ground and anyone that comes in contact with it
100% Ledge Attack: Dixie Kong will hold onto the ledge with her hair and use it as a vine to swing onto the stage, where she'll perform a cartweel in mid-air similar to the pose she pulls when jumping on an enemy in Tropical freeze
Z-Air: Dixie Kong will whip her hair straight in front of her

Special Attacks:
Neutral B: Bubblegum Gun
Dixie will pull out her bubblegum gun and shoot a shot from it, it will then bounce along the ground like Mario's fireball. Depending on the colour of the gumball it'll have a different effect
Red Gumballs are standard, Yellow are really fast but are also weaker, Green bounce higher than the rest but are harder to hit with, Purple are stonger but also slower and pink can hit mutiple targets but are weaker
Custom Neutral B 1:
Custom Neutral B 2:

Side B: Guitar Blast
Dixie will pull out her guitar from Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and strum it sending a shockwave of pink energy forwards which can stun opponents similarly to Zero Suit Samus's neutral B, the move can be charged

Custom Side B 1: Custom Side B 1 Name

Custom Side B 1: Custom Side B 2 Name

Up B: Ponytail Launch
Dixie will spin her hair above her to send her upwards, this move has a windbox above it which can blow away opponents but it can't damage. Looks a lot like her flight in Tropical Freeze and goes about the same distance as Bowser's Up B however unlike him, she won't be put in a helpless state
Custom Up B 1: Custom Up B 1 Name

Custom Up B 2: Custom Up B 2 Name

Down B: Milkshake Mayhem
Dixie Kong will pull out the milkshake she drank in her Donkey Kong Country 2 idle animation and squirt a puddle of it on the ground which can cause the opponent to slip, kind of like if the were on ice. This is a useful trap in her arsenal
Custom Down B 1: Custom Down B 1 Name

Custom Down B 2: Custom Down B 2 Name

Final Smash: Guitar Blast Bananza
This move is similar to the Barbara assist trophy, a bar will appear over Dixie's head which will show when to press the attack button, which will increase the size of the shockwaves she releases. Unlike DK's final smash, Dixie's shockwaves will trap the opponent in rather than knocking them away, however the range of her attacks aren't as large

Extras:
Entrance: Dixie will pop out of a DK barrel before giggling like she does in Tropical Freeze

Stance: Same as in Tropical Freeze

Idle 1: Dixie will brush her ponytail behind her with her right hand
Idle 2: Dixie will chew on some gum before blowing a bubble in reference to her DKC2 idle animation

Side Taunt: Dixie will play air guitar, it is similar to one of her idles in Tropical Freeze
Up Taunt: Her second taunt is another idle from Tropical Freeze, she'll get into a handstand and perform some gymnastics
5:18 and 5:28
Down Taunt: Dixie will dance around and clap like she does when starting the first level in Tropical Freeze
0:38

Victory Pose 1: Her first victory pose looks similar to her intro animation in Tropical Freeze, she'll fly in using her hair before landing arms out with one leg outstretched before looking to the camera and giggling
0:08
Victory Pose 2: Dixie will fly across the victory screen a couple of times before falling as her name is announced but she'll save herself with her hair just before landing similar to the first boss fight cutscene
Victory Pose 3: Dixie will pull out her guitar and play along to her victory theme

Victory Fanfare: A rock remix of the Donkey Kong Victory Theme shared be DK and Diddy

Alternate Costumes:
1) Default

2) 2-player outfit from DKC2
Red hair with a purple outfit

3) DK King of Swing 2nd Player outfit
Red hair with a blue outfit

4) DK King of Swing 3rd Player outfit
Pink hair with Yellow outfit

5) DK King of Swing outfit 3
Purple hair with Green outfit

6) Tiny Kong
Blue outfit with a flower on it with a pink, purple and green striped hat

7) Diddy Kong
Brown hair with a red outfit, her top also has yellow stars on it and her hat a nintendo logo

8) Funky Kong
Light Blue hair with a white top and a red hat with white polkadots on it

I used @BirthNote 's art for a couple of images so I hope he doesn't mind

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I can't see a way Dixie could be better than Diddy whilst staying true to her character. Canonically she'd be lighter, slower and floatier. I guess she'd need a really safe recovery and more KO power or something.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
I can't see a way Dixie could be better than Diddy whilst staying true to her character. Canonically she'd be lighter, slower and floatier. I guess she'd need a really safe recovery and more KO power or something.
her recovery i imagine would be pretty good since she can glide and i can see a hair whip being pretty strong and decent range

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Higher aerial mobility, a glide, better recovery, stronger aerials overall (Although that alone will make her broken, screw diddy)

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
NEWS: Diddy Kong is now #1 in the (yet to be official) SSB4 tier version 1.0.
If Nintendo realizes about the tier now, I hope they'll congratulate Diddy with... something.
TBH, I don't know what to say really.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I apologize if this has been asked before, but...

What would you guys think if Tiny was in instead of Dixie? Wouldn't be the first time. And for some reason, most people seem to prefer Tiny? Not sure why on that bit but it seems to be the case. Is it a case of "close enough?" Or would it be really frustrating? Or both?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

What would you guys think if Tiny was in instead of Dixie? Wouldn't be the first time. And for some reason, most people seem to prefer Tiny? Not sure why on that bit but it seems to be the case. Is it a case of "close enough?" Or would it be really frustrating? Or both?
Who cares about tiny? Dixie is better in every way possible and is more popular and important and pretty much everything else

If she somehow was added over dixie, I'd probably be mad, like, on the verge of breaking stuff, especially if it's that awful modern design

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at. I'm unaware of really anybody that prefers Tiny to Dixie. And it wouldn't happen anyway considering Dixie's legacy. There are arguments over who is more important to the series, Dixie or K. Rool. That is a difficult one to dispute. Tiny is indisputable. Tiny would not have to get past just Dixie, but also K. Rool as well. If its a battle between K. Rool and Dixie, there'd be arguments on either side, but the general concensus is that both deserve it.

If they were considering Tiny over Dixie vs. K. Rool, K. Rool is the clear winner by a significant margin. The one thing Tiny does that Dixie does not is she shrinks, which really isn't that interesting of a concept. Plus, what's this about Tiny getting in over Dixie? DK64 is the only time that ever happened. Tiny's only appearances beyond that are cameo appearances in the Climber games, Diddy Kong Racing DS (alongside Dixie), and one appearance in a Mario spinoff game (Dixie has had 2-3). Ever since DK64 Dixie has been in everything before Tiny makes it.

As for "how would I feel" in the extremely slim possibility it ever happened, totally pissed off, of course. There's no way Tiny in any way deserves it over Dixie, and the chance of it even happening is slim-to-none.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I like Tiny Kong but I do not want her in Smash over Dixie Kong. I want Dixie Kong. Period.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Makes sense to me. I'm not suggesting that it is likely, just possible. Sakurai's a weird guy and DK64 shows that it could happen.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It could in the sense that any feasible Nintendo character theoretically could, but it won't.

Top Bottom