• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Tiny (and Chunky) only ever became created for DK64 because Rare didn't want to use any "sequel Kongs" in the game. It's theorized that they realized how silly this was too late, and tried making slight amends by claiming Tiny/Chunky were related to Dixie/Kiddy in the manual.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I apologize if this has been asked before, but...

What would you guys think if Tiny was in instead of Dixie? Wouldn't be the first time. And for some reason, most people seem to prefer Tiny? Not sure why on that bit but it seems to be the case. Is it a case of "close enough?" Or would it be really frustrating? Or both?
Tiny Kong doesn't have any notable appearances outside of DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing DS. I don't think any DK64 Kong would be positively received, except Lanky Kong. Everyone loves Lanky. :awesome:

:231:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Tiny Kong doesn't have any notable appearances outside of DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing DS. I don't think any DK64 Kong would be positively received, except Lanky Kong. Everyone loves Lanky. :awesome:

Lanky's, like, the only DK64 original Kong who was really well received. Granted, Chunky I think was better received than Kiddy Kong at least was. Although I'm not exactly sure. I'm more going based on reactions right now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lanky's, like, the only DK64 original Kong who was really well received. Granted, Chunky I think was better received than Kiddy Kong at least was. Although I'm not exactly sure. I'm more going based on reactions right now.
Kiddy Kong is probably the least liked playable Kong. Well, he is basically a DK expy, and his mannerisms can come across as annoying compared to Donkey, Diddy or Dixie. And it doesn't help that has appeared at all outside of DKC3 anf DKL3. Not mentioned in any Smash game either.

Lanky's claim to fame is his silly design and those DK rap lyrics. :laugh:

I'd rate the playable Kongs in terms of popularity like this:
Donkey > Diddy > Dixie > Cranky > Funky > Lanky > Tiny > Chunky > Kiddy.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Good list, but I'd swap Chunky and Tiny on the list. How could you have forgotten all of the #ChunkyWatch hullabaloo from last year?

(also, he replaced a less popular Kong than Tiny, so that would logically result in fewer anti-fans)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I always got the impression that Chunky was really popular

Also old Tiny>new Tiny

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't really hear much about either Chunky or Tiny, so it was guess, really.

I had forgotten about Smashfest Chunky rumours though, yeah. Good point. :p

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Will multiple votes from the same computer count? Nothing stops you from doing multiple, they just ask you not to.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I voted for Inkling. I betrayed my own people. Still, I am sure tons of others will vote for Dixie, so it is all good.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Will multiple votes from the same computer count? Nothing stops you from doing multiple, they just ask you not to.

Tried, it seems that if I try voting again, it won't let me access the page from that language of the site.

So no..

Also, I already voted for Dixie.

Here's what I wrote:

Donkey Kong Country 3 was my childhood game, and Dixie is a crucial missing member of DK's important characters along with K.Rool. She's also one of the most popular Nintendo's gaming heroines not yet featured in Super Smash Bros-series (even planned for Brawl with Diddy!). Her iconic ponytail could bring utilize the whipping and grappling attacks like what Zero Suit Samus had in Brawl, while also being a bit based on Diddy Kong for easier implementing. She would also have more aerial and floaty play compared to Diddy, especially based on her ponytail.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
What makes you so confident we're getting her? She struggles to make top ten in DLC popularity polls these days.

I hope you're right but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
DK doesn't have any new reps
She's relevant because of Tropical Freeze
Important in her own franchise, starring in her own game
Female character
Higher end of popularity polls
No other role in the game besides a smash run trophy that gives the player and extra jump and nothing more
Leaked to have a moving model in the game alongside 3 other characters, those other 3 all turned out true

She's certainly on the higher end of likely candidates

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I voted a bunch of times.
If there's a IP thing after all, at least I tried.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I voted for Dixie! Also pretended to be a single mom with two daughters, who all love playing as adorable female characters in Nintendo games. Hopefully Nintendo reads my 500-character sob story and is moved to tears.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I voted Dixie as well! I'm going to go convince all my friends that don't care about smash that much as well as the ones that actually want Dixie to do the same >.>
I have a feeling that K Rool is gonna win tho. His fans seem to be alot more vocal than Dixie's. In all honesty I hope they BOTH get in so DK can have more than 2 reps.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I voted Dixie as well! I'm going to go convince all my friends that don't care about smash that much as well as the ones that actually want Dixie to do the same >.>
I have a feeling that K Rool is gonna win tho. His fans seem to be alot more vocal than Dixie's. In all honesty I hope they BOTH get in so DK can have more than 2 reps.
I don't think the winner of the poll is really that big of a deciding factor though, It'll probably just be something to help sakurai with his decision but in the end it really comes down to sakurai. Considering K Rool hasn't been relevant since DK64 which came out over 15 years ago, even if he's high on the polls, I just don't see him getting in

For example, let's say ridley wins the poll. That doesn't mean he'll get in since sakurai clearly doesn't want him in. All it does is tell sakurai that people want him which he already knew, all it would do is make him consider him if it even does that

Last edited:

Gamebox_64

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1950-9956-5176
just gotta say do we really want another hoo hah-ing ape in the game? o.0 sounds like a nightmare..

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Assuming Dixie would Hoo Haa.
Even if she was a clone, which she wouldn't be, there is no reason to think her throws would have the same properties as Diddys. I'm not even sure Diddy's Hoo Haaing is going to be that big of a problem soon now that we have balance patches incoming.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Dixie will be awesome with HOO-HAA or not.
She will have a taunt with the most fantastic sound of the world getting out of his guitar.
She will guitar-spike everyone around like there's no tomorrow.

Gamebox_64

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1950-9956-5176
assuming dixie kong would have a radically differennt moveset from diddys seems a bit optimistic to me i do agree that the balance patches may make this concern irrelevant though. heres hoping nintendo doesnt nerf greninja.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I never thought I'd be posting in this thread again. It's good to be back! If you haven't already, get on over to the poll and vote for Dixie! We can show Nintendo that she has what it takes. If you need some ideas for arguments, feel free to use what's in the OP. Those ideas were discussed by Dixie fans a while ago, and they are still relevant.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I tried, but the site always shows that my submission has been received and thanks for voting! :c
Strange, didn't have this happen before to me. Hope it's not an actual thing.

Maybe try again today? Wonder if it's because you tried to submit right ahead after the last thing (unless the ballot survey now tracks your submissions)

Reila

Strange, didn't have this happen before to me. Hope it's not an actual thing.

Maybe try again today? Wonder if it's because you tried to submit right ahead after the last thing (unless the ballot survey now tracks your submissions)
Nope, I tried hours after my initial submission. I will try again later for sure!

Reila

How strange. Just a minute ago I voted for Chrom now, and it's still working fine.
Still no good. Tried resetting the modem, restarted the computer, tried using a different browser. Nothing. Strange indeed.

Top Bottom