• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
NOW HOLD DA **** UP!? You guys let this guy roam around the boards with a slap on the wrist while low and behold you ban my brotha Shadenexus? Oh this is some BABYBACK BULL$HIT! The administation betta have a **** good excuse for this one! :mad:

But hey it's still funny that all people, shadenexus got banned!:laugh: I'm gonna hold that to em like 4 ever!

Oh yeah um.....*grunt*.....Megaman for Brawl!
why they banned your friend?

0rion

Smash Journeyman
to ParamoreRiot: are you proud to be a master in no life? so be an expert means post post post post! right? if you said that i'm a noob in the forum then yeah I'm a noob! and i will be a noob forever! because I don't want to be a part from your freacking life less club!
you are proud because you are a master in this forum? GET A LIFE BAS...TARD!!
Look look look, do you see? It is possible for men to go on periods to! I knew it!

And shadenexus 4 the record cuz is my twin negro 4 life. Twin ownage baby!

Megaman 4 Brawl!

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
Look look look, do you see? It is possible for men to go on periods to! I knew it!

Megaman 4 Brawl!
hey could you make me a favor? stop keeping talking about me ok? he start not me so that's why i said such things like that.
The thing don't involve you anyway so why are you talking about me?

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice

Megaman 4 Brawl!
that's obvious the post from a freaking otaku pervert fan! oh god why are otakus in this world? of course they are sons of the devil ;)

A i didn't know that you got periods xDDD so taht's new well! finally! i know a man that can got periods! the big Orion!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Hey guys Stop Arguing, this thread WILL NOT BE CLOSED LIKE THE RIDLEY ONE.

thanks to the new update, id like to see Mega Man in a "Mega" Brawl lol

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
mmmmm well if you say so.. ok I stop right here right now iI don't want to see this post closed :( ok ok end of the game... game over..
(if anyones want to fight or something like that heres my msn mx3_zx@hotmail.com)

Megaman For brawl!!!!!!

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
I can't refuse because you are a fan from megaman ;) oh well I saw the smash website a while ago :( they only put something about gameplay.... oh man! i really want to see WARNING APROCHING A NEW CHALLENGER! the one and only from the famicom times! the Blue bomber Megaman!

k.k.slider25

Smash Rookie
i think it would be best if they just kept him classic megaman since thats the series that debuted on the NES. it'd be hard to imagine what his final smash looked like though.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i think it would be best if they just kept him classic megaman since thats the series that debuted on the NES. it'd be hard to imagine what his final smash looked like though.
Have you ever seen his special in Marvel vs Capcom? Where he turns into Hyper Mega Man?

Or they could do some sort of fusion with rush from mm6 of mm7

SiD

Smash Master
Hey I just thought of something. Since in some of the X series games, X could get Zero's saber, what if some of his moves used it? That'd be awesome.

SiD

Smash Master
Wow, just goes to show you can make a moveset for anything.

Except for a coca-cola bottle. Or can you?

Introducing the SiD's coca-cola bottle contest. Take any kind of bottle you like, and make a good moveset for it. I'll pick the winner when I feel like it.

Go!
New contest, GO!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Wow, just goes to show you can make a moveset for anything.

Except for a coca-cola bottle. Or can you?

Introducing the SiD's coca-cola bottle contest. Take any kind of bottle you like, and make a good moveset for it. I'll pick the winner when I feel like it.

Go!
That reminds me of this.

I know it's pretty much over, but...we do all realize this title of "official" Mega Man thread is only in reference to THIS site, yes? We don't get any new information faster than anyone else on the internet...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Whats been happening guys!? Imagine metal Mega man on fire with a bunny hood : P and low gravity!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Met Knight!

This is the new Ridley for super smash bros brawl thread we welcome all new Ridley supporters and to all you Ridley haters have a read of this page before you post.

Now this will contain possible move sets,stage ideas,costume ideas,Reasons for brawl and likely more stuff and remember if you have any questions or you just want to support Ridley post you might even be invited to join club R.I.D.L.E.Y.

Here are some common arguments against Ridley's inclusion... broken!

'He's too big.'
Ridley's size is hardly an argument. Smash is meant to bring fan-favorite Nintendo (mostly) characters into playable fighting form. As long as a moveset can be created for them then they are Smash-capable. Ridley size would not interfere with this. Bowser is a good example, as he has been much larger than Ridley ever has been in some games, but in other games (even Smash) he has been downsized to fit whatever role he is given. Ridley's role has always been as a boss. (an important one, at that) It's only natural for him to be large and imposing for this role. Ridley's role in Smash? To fight ofcourse! So he would be easily downsized so he could do so with the rest of the Nintendo all-stars.

'He would look awkward.'
Ridley is large and lanky, yes. But, that is just how Ridley is. It's part of his character. He could still be made to fight in the world of Smash quite easily. Donkey Kong has a huge head and long, large arms, but small legs in comparison. Kirby and Jigglypuff have tiny, stubby arms and huge feet tacked on their round bodies. Yet, all of these examples have proven Smash-worthy, have they not? He may look a little different from your average human-shaped fighter, but give him a chance. ;)

'His design would be too hard to implement.'
Long head with huge powerful jaws. Great, mighty wings. Long, claw-tipped arms. Long, flexible pointed-tip tail. All part of the Ridley design. How could they implement all these great, fighting features you say? In Melee, that might have been very difficult. This is Brawl, however, and the recently confirmed Charizard throws this argument away. Charizard also follows the draconic design, so if they could make him work, then so too could they make Ridley.

'He would be an Assist Trophy.'
Ridley? An Assist Trophy? Let's look into what has been confirmed Assist Trophy material.

Hammer Bro. - A generic enemy of the Mario franchise.
Nintendog - Something to represent a very successful franchise that otherwise, could not have been represented in Smash. (Think of what critics would say about Smash if you were able to kick around a cute little puppy!)
Samurai Goroh - A rival of Captain Falcon. He was one of the first four F-Zero characters. Seems important enough to be playable, doesn't he? Not really... F-Zero hasn't really come along as a franchise as much as Metroid has recently. Main villains, like Black Shadow and Deathborn would be more likely if F-Zero were to get another representative. That is what Ridley is, a main villain.
Dr. Wright - Like the Nintendog, he is here to represent a series that was popular, but otherwise did not have enough going for him to make him playable.
Knuckle Joe - An enemy and helper character of the Kirby series. He's not important to the series, but is highly popular. Kirby is likely to be better represented this time around, with Meta-Knight and King Dedede joing him for Brawl. Knuckle Joe was likely just included as an Assist Trophy for his popularity.
Devil - A character from an old, popular game. He was included for the nostalgic effect, it would seem.
Andross (Old) - a floating head he may be very important and a last boss but in the end all he is is a floating head... nuff said.

Now, Ridley is not a generic enemy like a Hammer Bro or Knuckle Joe. He is an important part of the Metroid series; He gave Samus her motives for becoming who she is, basically. He's a highly important villain in a very popular series in need of representation, unlike Goroh. Unlike the Nintendog and Dr. Wright, he is capable of fighting, and his respective game(s) is not old. The Devil is there to represent an old popular game series, something Metroid is not.

So, from what can be gathered, Ridley is not Assist Trophy material.

'He would be a boss.'
Ofcourse he should be. That is what he always has been. Does this mean he should be unplayable? No way! Bowser and Ganondorf have also been bosses, but they are playable in Melee. (Ridley is often considered the 'Bowser and Ganondorf' for Metroid) The recently confirmed boss, Petey Piranha, is not important to the Mario series. He's popular yes, but not important. Meta-Ridley, the huge cybernetic Dragon of Metroid Prime would make a great boss, in fact. He could stay his huge size. And attack in the same method. Dropping bombs for players to catch and throw back at him. Once grounded, he would use his dash attack to try and knock away players. That is when you dodge, and attack him during Meta-Ridley's lag. If you don't cause enough damage, look out for his plasma beam! It could be quite intense! 'Classic' Ridley however, could also be an earlier 'boss' that you must fight and defeat. He would be like a normal playable character, though. (Although probably made heavier to make him more difficult) Only later will he return as the monstrous Meta-Ridley boss. You may notice 'Boss Fight' in the title of Ridley's theme. This is only the name of the song used in the games, the 'Boss Fight' there to show Ridley's boss status in his games.

'He isn't popular, and non-important to the franchise.'
Nothing is further from the truth! Ridley is shown to have a long history with Samus herself. Him being the one who led the space pirates on the invasion of her home, destroying it, and her parents, in the process. He has always appeared as a boss in most of the Metroid games. (All but two, Metroid II and Metroid Prime: Echoes) He is also very popular. In Sakura's poll, from what he allowed us to see, Ridley was mentioned four times; The same amount as Diddy Kong and Ike, both of which are confirmed playable. These polls were japan-only, a place where Metroid is not very popular, yet Ridley is still very well-known there, and he is wanted.

Thank you Oasis for that!

Here's a collection of move sets these are especially well made take a look at them appreciate how much time it took making them.

Rock in reo's move set
MarthMaster92's move set
Arian Kyloses move set

Ridley's Lair

Ridley's lair is his signature stage in all of the 2D games. It usually consists of lava at the bottom of a room, walls at the side, and a platform in the center.

His smash stage wouldn't be unlike this, and an addition, spikes on the ceiling add extra edge and incentive as not to touch them. They also can be used for combo's, as when you hit the spikes, you bounce off in opposite direction of what angle you hit them at, so if somebody thows you at a 90 degree angle upwards, you're going to come back down helpless, and open to a pounding.

There is only one way to be KO'd on this stage, and that's the lava. Of course, the lava is hot, so if you are falling down to doom, you will be singed and bounce off the lava, only to plummet back down to your death, with a small window of chance for recovery. This lava bounce could lead to edge guarding to prevent your successful recovery.

This level is designed with flyer's in mind, as there is a bigger chance of recovery from the lava with them, and they can also maneuver their way around a lot more.

Small characters are also at an advantage, as there are a few nooks and crannies for them to sneak into and perform sneak attacks on. Fast fallers might have a few problems in this level, as it's designed against them; it's more difficult to recover from, and you'd get comboed faster on the spikes.

The Ridley Boss Battle music blares out on this stage, as to give it an aggressive edge and get the adrenaline flowing for an action packed battle.

It's a perfect stage for hardcore Brawling.

Thank you Caael for the stage idea.

Fake Dojo update

Made by Caael again.

Awards

1000'nth post- axemangx
2000'nth post- OnyxVulpine
3000'nth post- Legolastom

Thanks for reading and supporting ; )
(Just saving this in case Ridley thread gets closed)(So just ignore it)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Megaman stage idea: Gravity Man's lair

Though inspired by someone else's idea...I have a brilliant idea for a stage...

I don't know if it works this way with gravity man in megaman, but in X, the gravity guy's stage keeps on switching to where X walks on the ceiling or the ground...

I think a stage where the gravity switches every so often that the characters walk on the ceiling...with spike traps, cliffs and etc.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
somebody had a similar idea for a stage like this in Dyce's thread. It would cool for mega man too, but i would hope it would be a second stage and he would get one thats more "tourney legal" as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
somebody had a similar idea for a stage like this in Dyce's thread. It would cool for mega man too, but i would hope it would be a second stage and he would get one thats more "tourney legal" as well.
...I always though most tourney legal stages were boring...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Im surprised we haven't had many scrolling staged or MM yet... one that go's through all the stages of the 8 robot master from the 1st game anyone?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Weren't there only six in the first game...?

The only things I remember vividly from all the stages were:

Guts Man: ANNOYING AS HELL PLATFORMS OF DROP YOU ON YOUR FACE

Ice Man: Reeeeeally long pit that you were SUPPOSED to use the disappearing blocks to cross...that I just used the magnet beam for ^o^

Fire Man: Didn't this one have, like...fire? Shooting out at you and stuff?

Elec Man: Electric beams of death and a lot of climbing

Bomb Man and Cut Man, I really don't remember much about their levels that set them apart...would we have stuff like that as obstacles in the different parts of the stage?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea there where only 6... i think.

And yes Bomb man and cut man's levels where pretty plain... nothing special.

Top Bottom