• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's an acceptable alternative. I was merely adding my opinion to a character.

I would however, like some more feedback on the moves aside from the copy. What about the charging while running? Rush? Final Smash? :(
Yeah, it's good...I think we can agree with those moves

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice

I'm in disagree with this moves anyway, and I hope they don't put something like that as a moveset. Nothing personal but many from this movesets sounds me like other fighters not like megaman so don't hate me ;)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Every time Mario gets hit in his games he shrinks if you didn't know that you blah blah blah...

And all he meant was stop using so many "!!!!" and "xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Every time Mario gets hit in his games he shrinks if you didn't know that you blah blah blah...

And all he meant was stop using so many "!!!!" and "xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"
Not since the 64 days though

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
?

why should I stop doing that? I'm not gonna stop using that only because you people believe that I'm yelling.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
It just gets annoying is all i mean its hard enough to understand as it is that just further complicates things.

Mario could move on a 3-D plane in those one but he cant in Smash!? ZOMG ThAtS StUpIdZzZz

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Megaman can't copy abilitys from humans ok? he can only copy abilitys from Robot masters, not any robot only robot masters Odin. If you don't know that, then you don't deserve to call yourself a Megaman fan.
It doesn't matter for me it looks bad or not my english, because I'm not gonna see you people in the real life, so I can practice or say what I want any time any were because this is only a forum nothing more! and for my it doesn't matter if someone gets angry or not xDD actually is funny to read what they post! Because I know very well who is been in an other land and don't knowing the lenguage or you thought that english was the only lenguage that I can understand? only a stupid ******* will be angry about something like a person trying to learn other lenguage because if you were trying to learn spanish or german (my two mother lenguages) it would be hard for you too and believe me I would help you instead of botter you because I know how hard is to be in an other country.

Megaman can't copy all the things. Making him copy any ability is like transform the original format from Megaman why you can't understand that? did you see some one in any megaman game saiying that he can copie abilitys from live things? he can only copy machine weapons! and if a copy ability will include then it will be for samus, or maybe fox gun nothing more.
And you have a REALLY bad effing attitude Mega.

First of all, what gives YOU, the right to say "Who can be a real fan" or not? It's my opinion, and my made up moveset. You don't like it: Fine. I don't care. I really don't. But it's when you say things like, "You're not a real fan", or "You don't know what you're talking about, he can only copy from Robot Masters", is when it gets on my nerves.

Everybody in here is a Mega Man fan of some sort. We've established that. But you're doing something different that what should be happening: Forcing your opinion on somebody else. There's a very fine line between expressing your opinion, and forcing your opinion.

Who freaking cares if he can only copy things after he kills a "robot master"? It's a game. And in the Smash bros. world, things are a LOT different from their original games. Did Zelda ever attack in the Zelda games? No, not really (Not posting spoilers). Did Peach? No, not until her game, Super Princess Peach. So I guess by YOUR logic, since a character can only do what they can in the games, is sit there and cry for help. :thumbs up: Awesome. I wanna be that character.

But instead, Sakurai gave them a unique moveset that he had in mind. Not you. Not anyone else. HIM. In the end, it matters what he wants to do. I seriously don't care, if you do or do not like my moveset. But it's the attitude that you're giving that's setting me off. Watch what you say on the boards. You're liable to get in trouble. That's my last piece of advice to you.

Beyond that, I'm out of here. I doubt I'll be coming back into this thread for a while. Good luck fellow Mega Man fans. I hope our blue bomber will make it.

I'm out!!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Ok guys, to break up the debate XD, i've created a mega man stage for brawl. the background is from the ending of the power battles/fighters arcade game ending. It has Wily's castle burning in the background.

This music would play http://youtube.com/watch?v=tKnek80eyPs

Here it is barren. the two cliffs on the bottom (one on the right, one on the left) are not platforms. they spots where various mm characters make cameo appearances and watch the battle.

Here it is with some (potential) brawlers on it. I tried to get the scale the best i could

And here's Protoman's cameo

The only hazard is the occasional appearance of Dr. wily in his form from mm7. I wanted this stage to be "tourney legal."

Please Comment

Sinn

Smash Lord
O D I N's post is made of win. Like everything I've wanted to say and more. I give you an e-cookie.

Now, here's my reasoning behind wanting to allow Mega Man to have abilities from the other playable characters:

Every time I've played a new Mega Man game, my favorite part was getting and trying out the new weapons and seeing which ones were awesome, and which ones I shouldn't touch again except for the robot master that was weak to it (for the record, I think my all time favorite is the Gyro Blade). Every game, be it original series, X, what have you (though ALL of X's upgrades made me love that series so much...X3 with the Chip Enhancer and Zero's Sword...though I hated losing Zero for the end of the story, so I rarely did that part).

Since this whole, "What new abilities will Mega Man have?" was a FUN part of the game (which is what game designers want to do, make FUN games), I think it would be FUN (and make sense still from a design standpoint) for Mega Man to get weapons from other playable characters. Heck, Kirby has his traditional abilities in his other attacks aside from his copy ability, I see no reason why some of Mega Man's traditional robot master weapons couldn't be part of his other attacks and specials as well if it's an issue of nostalgia.

But this whole, "Mega Man can't do this" is waaaaay too narrow of a view for Brawl. Saying that it "can't happen" because of that reason is a flawed assumption because we have a history of the Smash designers editing character abilities for the sake of the game itself.

@ Lego: On that Mario and Bowser vs Link and Mewtwo thing...I think it's funny how they've had Bowser team up with Mario in two of the RPG games that have come out...Bowser is seriously the LEAST threatening villain ever. If I had to meet him or Ganondorf in a back ally, I would choose Bowser any day. I could probably flatter him into forgetting what he was trying to do in the first place.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
And you have a REALLY bad effing attitude Mega.

First of all, what gives YOU, the right to say "Who can be a real fan" or not? It's my opinion, and my made up moveset. You don't like it: Fine. I don't care. I really don't. But it's when you say things like, "You're not a real fan", or "You don't know what you're talking about, he can only copy from Robot Masters", is when it gets on my nerves.

Everybody in here is a Mega Man fan of some sort. We've established that. But you're doing something different that what should be happening: Forcing your opinion on somebody else. There's a very fine line between expressing your opinion, and forcing your opinion.

Who freaking cares if he can only copy things after he kills a "robot master"? It's a game. And in the Smash bros. world, things are a LOT different from their original games. Did Zelda ever attack in the Zelda games? No, not really (Not posting spoilers). Did Peach? No, not until her game, Super Princess Peach. So I guess by YOUR logic, since a character can only do what they can in the games, is sit there and cry for help. :thumbs up: Awesome. I wanna be that character.

But instead, Sakurai gave them a unique moveset that he had in mind. Not you. Not anyone else. HIM. In the end, it matters what he wants to do. I seriously don't care, if you do or do not like my moveset. But it's the attitude that you're giving that's setting me off. Watch what you say on the boards. You're liable to get in trouble. That's my last piece of advice to you.

Beyond that, I'm out of here. I doubt I'll be coming back into this thread for a while. Good luck fellow Mega Man fans. I hope our blue bomber will make it.

I'm out!!
ODIN you just can't go a day without eating noobs for dinner.

I commend you good sir.

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
yeah

I did a comment for your stage xDD and well Sinn your comment is really inspired actually if you say so, it would be a great idea (is really incredible how a nostalgic post could change your mind) xDD

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
xDDDD don't make me laught!

so ParamoreRiot I'm a noob cause i don't like the forums? ja! his post was completly stupid! that's why I didn't answer it! anyway noob? jajaja!!!!!! if we are talking about megaman then it could be impossible xDD! and if we would talking about smash bros it woul be impossible to because I'm a pro player!
Yeah he is an expert! an expert in no life contest! xDDDDDD like you!

PS: If you have any problem give my your location and I'll kick your *** in smash bros with any character that you want ;)

Sinn

Smash Lord
no comment on the stage Sinn?
I dunno...something about the smoldering Wily Castle doesn't sit well with me. I think I would almost prefer to see it all functional and stuff. And like...maybe shooting laser beams at the moon or something mad scientisty like that.

I did a comment for your stage xDD and well Sinn your comment is really inspired actually if you say so, it would be a great idea (is really incredible how a nostalgic post could change your mind) xDD
EDIT: Yay! My only message got across! I am satisfied and will shut up about it now <3

"And everyone got along from then on for the rest of forever. The end."

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
so ParamoreRiot I'm a noob cause i don't like the forums? ja! his post was completly stupid! that's why I didn't answer it! anyway noob? jajaja!!!!!! if we are talking about megaman then it could be impossible xDD! and if we would talking about smash bros it woul be impossible to because I'm a pro player!
Yeah he is an expert! an expert in no life contest! xDDDDDD like you!

PS: If you have any problem give my your location and I'll kick your *** in smash bros with any character that you want ;)

Reasons Why you just failed:

1. I could not understand a word you just said.
2. Double post= NOOB
3. You try to act tough saying your so good in smash but so far there is no way I would be able to go against you. When Brawl is online then I'll beat you.
4. WTF is ja?

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
xDD

XDDDDDDDDDDI'm proud to be a noob in this forum! DO YOU TOUGHT THAT I WILL BE HERE THE REST OF MY LIFE LIKE YOU? HOW STUPID! WHEN I SEE BRAWL I'LL GET OUT OF HERE! XDDDDD
OH I FORGOTT IT heres how ParamoreRiot (rush) meet Odin (megaman) enjoy! it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bHAsP2xURnM

ps: don't worry the only thing that you need to understand is that you are the ***** from odin! xDD

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
XDDDDDDDDDDI'm proud to be a noob in this forum! DO YOU TOUGHT THAT I WILL BE HERE THE REST OF MY LIFE LIKE YOU? HOW STUPID! WHEN I SEE BRAWL I'LL GET OUT OF HERE! XDDDDD
OH I FORGOTT IT heres how ParamoreRiot (rush) meet Odin (megaman) enjoy! it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bHAsP2xURnM

ps: don't worry the only thing that you need to understand is that you are the ***** from odin! xDD
WALL OF TEXT

seriously that made no sense

a proud noob eh? well at least he admits it which makes him even noobier.

and who says that i'll be here my whole life? haha

i think i'll let ODIN take care of you.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Kinda rude, ain't he?

I plan to stay here after Brawl comes out, though my posting will no doubt be reduced a large amount after a few months. Unless I get into the tournament scene really big.

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
get a life!

to ParamoreRiot: are you proud to be a master in no life? so be an expert means post post post post! right? if you said that i'm a noob in the forum then yeah I'm a noob! and i will be a noob forever! because I don't want to be a part from your freacking life less club!
you are proud because you are a master in this forum? GET A LIFE BAS...TARD!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
to ParamoreRiot: are you proud to be a master in no life? so be an expert means post post post post! right? if you said that i'm a noob in the forum then yeah I'm a noob! and i will be a noob forever! because I don't want to be a part from your freacking life less club!
He means in the least follow the rules and respect other people. This world would be without war if everyone just respected eachother...or in the least a lot better

It's the golden rule, man...

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
Could some one answer me how could be people that feel good only because they posting more and know the rules from the forum? HOW PATHETHIC! THAT IS NOTHING! IF I NEED TO BE A LIFELESS ******* LIKE PARAMORERIOT! THEN I PREFFER to have a life and not being in a forum all the time ;)
PS: this is my second day in the forum! this will be end when I can see if megaman is in brawl or not, nothing more because if megaman is in it I have tournaments to win ;) o yeah we will play ok? when you get brawl please tell me because I'm gonna kick your *** really hard and im gonna put the video in youtube ParamoreRiot xDDDDDD

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
I know PsychoIncarnate, but he is the one who is continuing the whole thing and as I always said xDDDD I'll keep playing if he wants! besides I want to kick someone like him in smash bros ;)

Sinn

Smash Lord
That kinda begs the question of...why you're here now. If you didn't want to be part of our "lifeless club" I would imagine you wouldn't join at all and support Mega Man in the privacy of your own, uh...life filled club. Being here doesn't increase the odds of Mega Man showing up at all since by now all the characters have been finalized...there's only two and a half months to go*

And believe it or not, some of us are quite proud to be members of this community. It's kind of a harsh thing to say by basically calling everyone who enjoys this place a loser.

*I can't believe it...that's crazy. IT'S SO CLOSE!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Could some one answer me how could be people that feel good only because they posting more and know the rules from the forum? HOW PATHETHIC! THAT IS NOTHING! IF I NEED TO BE A LIFELESS ******* LIKE PARAMORERIOT! THEN I PREFFER to have a life and not being in a forum all the time ;)
PS: this is my second day in the forum! this will be end when I can see if megaman is in brawl or not, nothing more because if megaman is in it I have tournaments to win ;) o yeah we will play ok? when you get brawl please tell me because I'm gonna kick your *** really hard and im gonna put the video in youtube ParamoreRiot xDDDDDD

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!
Or you could follow the rules of life..."Do unto others, what you would have them do to you"

Your post makes no logical sense whatsoever, and I think your definition of "A life" is as limited as what you assume the peoples' that your insulting are.

If you don't want to post, why don't you just lurk without or...for that matter, just look at the Smash page because that's where they will announce it...Not here.

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
Megaman

I'm here because as the title say this is the only official post that are supporting Megaman! and if I need to join to this forum to get the news I will do it!
Megaman is my life! and this is the only topic that are supporting the blue bomber now, the others are death I don't care about this forum, I care about the news from Megaman. An example that bluebomber22 is a great megaman fan! he is the kind of people that I like to see in all the topics because he knows a lot about megaman and if somethings happen he would post it here.

PS: Supporting Megaman is more important than any other thing for me as I said I don't care about the forum, I'm here only for megaman nothing more.
Yeah I'm a freaking megaman fan! and I'm really proud of that

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just popping in to say: Great job on the move-set ODIN, I love the copy idea, it's very nice, and I like how it keeps the feel of Mega Man by altering the moves of a character to Mega Man's style, if you will.

I had a thought. Say the game has the option of changing a character's costume, and not just the color. What would you say to the thought of being able to choose between Mega Man, X, and .EXE as a sort of aesthetic "skin" for the character?

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
I had a thought. Say the game has the option of changing a character's costume, and not just the color. What would you say to the thought of being able to choose between Mega Man, X, and .EXE as a sort of aesthetic "skin" for the character?
It would be nice...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
the only problem is that all the mega men are different sizes/heights

0rion

Smash Journeyman
If X or Blue Bomber makes it on to da Brawl Roster, I so hope da person who designs his moveset gives em Copy X's M. Bison slide from Megaman Zero 1. That would be so pimpish!!

That and if he come on the game, this is gonna resurrect the whole Megaman series! HOLLA! Put em on da map fo sho!

MM 4 SSBB!

0rion

Smash Journeyman

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!
NOW HOLD DA **** UP!? You guys let this guy roam around the boards with a slap on the wrist while low and behold you ban my brotha Shadenexus? Oh this is some BABYBACK BULL$HIT! The administation betta have a **** good excuse for this one! :mad:

But hey it's still funny that all people, shadenexus got banned!:laugh: I'm gonna hold that to em like 4 ever!

Oh yeah um.....*grunt*.....Megaman for Brawl!

Top Bottom