• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
No!

If you play powered up you will se that the robot master not necesary blow! and it doesn't matter if fox or other character have electronic parts, he need the chip for the weapon, a special chip why you can't understand? MEGAMAN IS NOT LIKE KIRBY! he can't touch and enemy and gain his ability!

Sinn

Smash Lord
If they rebuild the robot, I would imagine that they would just give it a new chip in the process...makes sense to me at least. Of course, that doesn't even factor in the whole backup robot masters you always have to face at the end of the game anyway...since there's more than one chip at a given time, it's still kinda pointless for Mega Man to give his up for that reason...

EDIT: The only reason I "can't understand" is because whenever someone presents an argument that doesn't leave any room for objection, like yours is, I always try to make them see that their opinion isn't always the one that is necessarily correct. Being opinionated is one thing, being close minded is another.

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
game

Its a game ok? if you see the ova you will notice that he has always the abilitys! oh and he needs energy for every weapon.
So is the same as x with his armors, do you believe that you will start every new game with all the powers again?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Kirby cannot swallow the boss type characters only the normal enemies... but *gasp* o look he just swallowed Bowser and Ganondorf.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kirby cannot swallow the boss type characters only the normal enemies... but *gasp* o look he just swallowed Bowser and Ganondorf.
In Smash they aren't bosses...

And he can't swallow the actually Bosses IN Smash

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
Anyway

Weapon Copy: An advanced form of Rock's original ability to use any tool, the Weapon Copy ("Variable Weapons System" in Japan) allows Mega Man to adapt the attacks of the robot masters and make them his own. However, he has to defeat them in combat first. The WC also changes the colors of Mega Man's armor (whether this is intended or not is unknown)
Is not been close of mind, is the true, you can't go and tell everything what you want when the true is only one. Besides anyone know's that Megaman cartoon from U.S.A was completly different. First prtoman was an enemy, second megaman gain the abilitys with only one touch, and yes it could be a lot of chips but do you think that megaman can use all of them at the same time? or do you think that the robots are always like the old bosses?
Any way it doesn't matter. think as you want, I'm a fan since 1992 and at least i have probes. Go buy a megaman book and read it or at least watch the wish upon star ova or most simple. Read a player book!

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
keiji inafune

Because it isn't in the program from Megaman. And that would be like kirby so whats thebig thing? any one would say that it's a copy from kirby ability so making megaman gain the copy ability from anyone in this game would be a big mistake.

EDIT: All people remeber the days when they play with weapons like leaf shield or star crash so... would nintendo replace the good memorys with something like that? that would be like make an other kirby and if I'm not wrong they stated that any character will different this time ;) and I'm sure that keiji inafune don't want to change his character. He can only copy robot masters abilitys end of the thing! and if he could touch one and gain his ability then you would be able to copy all the powers from megaman friends ¬¬ then you could touch duo, protoman, and all the others to make you more stronger! you could even touch dr willys and gain his brain power xDDDDDDDDDDD

Legolastom

Smash Hero
remember that game where Bowser and Mario teamed up against Link and Mewtwo in a Game and watch case? i think it was called: Your point is void.

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
megaman powered up

Megaman powered up: (that's the dialogue from the fake megaman in dr willys level two) Fake Megaman: HEY BLUE BOMBER! aren't you tired about stolen other ROBOTS! ABILITYS?
¬¬
Megaman powered up: (that's when you beat a boss) dr light:you didn't destroy the robot! thanks to you I could repair the robot master and make him good again!!
Megama powered up ending: Mega jumps! and all the robot masters laguht with roll and dr light in front of light's lab so, did they blowing up? xDDDDDDD

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
so and yours? your point has no sence too ¬¬
first say something that we can believe and then tell what I'm saiying is wrong.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
first say something that we can believe and then tell what I'm saiying is wrong.
Your grammar for 1 thing...I am having a difficult time trying to figure out what you are saying half the time

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
FEEL GUILTY!!!!!!!

MX, he didn't know. Sadly, when forums have posts like yours that aren't correct english, it's usually some loser kid who wouldn't understand a good sentence structure if it slapped him across the face.

No worries man, just try to be as clear as possible if you can.

This is an interesting debate guys, keep it clean and this thread will actually have some power to it for a couple of pages.

For what it's worth, I would rather him have classic MM abilities rather than copy Smash Character abilities, but that's just me. I'm an old school MM fanatic.

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
U.s

you are not the only one who wants old abilitys behemoth ;) otherwise i like the old U.S. Show! actually I have the entire series in english for dvd! xDDD maybe my grammar is not so good but can undesrtand very well and speak :D and all of that is thank's to megaman! without megaman I woudn't learn english :D
Megaman rocks! specially when he said in the old show AND I GOT YOUR POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!
for me U.S show was really great, but seriuslly he can only copy robot abilitys even in that show.
27 episodes... so sad... I really want more..
COME ON RUSH IN THE ACTION!!!!!!!!
PS: did someone watch the episode Mega Pinochio when magnetman says: is good to have you on the bad side Megaman! and Megaman say: ALL RIGHT MAGNET DUDE! GIVE ME FIVE! xDDDDDDDDDD and then Magnet man says! oh no! he has my weapon!!!!!!!! xDDDDDDDDD how could be magnetman so stupid! xDDDDD

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
FEEL GUILTY!!!!!!!

MX, he didn't know. Sadly, when forums have posts like yours that aren't correct english, it's usually some loser kid who wouldn't understand a good sentence structure if it slapped him across the face.

No worries man, just try to be as clear as possible if you can.

This is an interesting debate guys, keep it clean and this thread will actually have some power to it for a couple of pages.

For what it's worth, I would rather him have classic MM abilities rather than copy Smash Character abilities, but that's just me. I'm an old school MM fanatic.
couldn't agree more behemoth. let him use his already gained abilities from the robot masters, just like in marvel vs Capcom

and .exe shouldnt be anywhere near brawl

Hey MEgA MX, have you seen the mega man X ova that you get for beating maverick hunter X?

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
maverick hunter x

Yeah! I have the ova in the pc but i have the game to so I saw it in the psp first xD It would really cool if they made a tv series from that

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
That was honestly THE BEST cartoon/anime i've ever seen.

maybe im biased just because it was mega man, but i loved it SOOO much. especially when X scarred Sigma's face! lol

Legolastom

Smash Hero
XD At chill penguin : P

But...
You just didn't understand it thats why... did Mario and Bowser team up in their games to battle Mew two and Link?

But yet... they do in melee...

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
X

is better in english than in japan! believe me! the voice from x in english sounds like a real true hero ****! is so cool!!!!!!!! the other one that Showtaro morikubo is not as good as Mark Gatha!!!!!

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
missunderstanding

Oh sorry I thought that you was saying some kind of joke about me xD

oh and please don't call me mx, call me MEGA! NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS! xDDD because that's mi nick name in all the games that I have ever played!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Its ok but try not to double post so much just edit your previous one...

Sigmas face looks... funny :p

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Okay, in defense of my moveset;

Why couldn't Mega Man have a copy ability? It'd make sense, relatively fall in the guidelines of what Mega Man does (we can nitpick about 'how he only gets the abilities from beating his opponents', but let's not), and it would add a unique feature to another character within the smash world. You can sit there and say "It's another Kirby", but why don't we have any other characters who can copy abilities?

The only character that we have right now, is Kirby: A light puffball who can add diversity to the game by copying his opponents moves. But he's extremely light, and limited to a certain set of moves. My moveset is (and prepare for this one) an opinion, of how I'd like to see Mega Man work within the world of Smash, and offering a different 'flavor', if you will, to a different type of character.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this anymore, so I'll wait for another response.

MegaMarioMX: The way you're typing (I understand that you don't write/speak/read english very well, and I apologize if I've come off sounding angry. Please understand, I'm not), usually looks pretty bad the way we write things over here in the states (and a few other countries). I know you're trying, and I respect that, but be careful with what you say. Don't overuse the "!" so much, it makes it sound like you're yelling.

:sigh: Open for discussion.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just think he should use his moveset from the game...

I like the idea of having a number of his powers from his games that he can switch between like in the games...

Megaman never goes into battle and copies his opponent, he waits till they are defeated THEN copies their powers.

Allowing him to have a number of different B moves to switch from, Like Mega Buster, Leaf Shield, Rolling Cutter, and etc. would allow him to change his moves depending on the situation, like in the games.

Just not 8 because that much to cycle through might be too much

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I can see where you're going with that. While it would make sense (never said it was a bad idea) to have his moves already, I thought if there was ever another character who could copy an ability aside from kirby, it'd be Mega.

Shoot, I forgot something in the moveset. Going to edit.

EDIT: Edited. It's in the Down+B section.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Er... if he is going to copy 8 character there would surely need to be 8 players? (9... actually).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Er... if he is going to copy 8 character there would surely need to be 8 players? (9... actually).
I don't like the idea of the copy ability, I was suggesting an alternitive that had nothing to do with copying

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I don't like the idea of the copy ability, I was suggesting an alternitive that had nothing to do with copying
It's an acceptable alternative. I was merely adding my opinion to a character.

I would however, like some more feedback on the moves aside from the copy. What about the charging while running? Rush? Final Smash? :(

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't matter anyway

Megaman can't copy abilitys from humans ok? he can only copy abilitys from Robot masters, not any robot only robot masters Odin. If you don't know that, then you don't deserve to call yourself a Megaman fan.
It doesn't matter for me it looks bad or not my english, because I'm not gonna see you people in the real life, so I can practice or say what I want any time any were because this is only a forum nothing more! and for my it doesn't matter if someone gets angry or not xDD actually is funny to read what they post! Because I know very well who is been in an other land and don't knowing the lenguage or you thought that english was the only lenguage that I can understand? only a stupid ******* will be angry about something like a person trying to learn other lenguage because if you were trying to learn spanish or german (my two mother lenguages) it would be hard for you too and believe me I would help you instead of botter you because I know how hard is to be in an other country.

Megaman can't copy all the things. Making him copy any ability is like transform the original format from Megaman why you can't understand that? did you see some one in any megaman game saiying that he can copie abilitys from live things? he can only copy machine weapons! and if a copy ability will include then it will be for samus, or maybe fox gun nothing more.

Top Bottom