• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think anyone doubts the awesome might of Cut Man

tirkaro

Smash Champion
speaking of which, if any of the robot masters get in brawl (AT or not) they should totally use thier designs from the manga. its so much more fitting.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I think the 1st 6 where his, either that or all of them are, wily turn them against them, and rock, being just a helper of light, wasnt reprogrammed and asked light to transform him into...

THE SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT... MEGAMAN!! (if anyone knows where does lirycs in caps come from, u officially rock)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Wait wait wait... are the Robot Masters Dr. Light's robots? I thought that they were Dr. Wily's?
the first 6 were originally made by both wily and light, but then wily became all evil and stuff reprogrammed the first 6 to do his bidding. the rest, with the exception of MM4, who's robot masters were reprogrammed versions of Dr. cossack's bots, and MM6, which were reprogrammed versions of other people's battlebots from around the world, were made by Dr. wily.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I think the 1st 6 where his, either that or all of them are, wily turn them against them, and rock, being just a helper of light, wasnt reprogrammed and asked light to transform him into...

THE SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT... MEGAMAN!! (if anyone knows where does lirycs in caps come from, u officially rock)
http://fightingrobotmegaman.ytmnd.com/

The internet is an odd thing...

And thanks for that brief Megaman history everyone. I learned something today (other than what I learned in my Speech and Literature classes earlier today).

Sinn

Smash Lord
no the cats! lol

i think we're pretty safe assuming the powered up version wont be in
I dunno...MX REALLY seemed to like referencing that game...

And on the robot master topic, Wily really has this bad habit of stealing other peoples' stuff...so here's a question: do you think that Wily stole the plans for X from Light in order to build Zero, or did he make that on his own? Since...that's basically how he made Bass, right? Completely basing it on Mega Man's design...?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno...MX REALLY seemed to like referencing that game...

And on the robot master topic, Wily really has this bad habit of stealing other peoples' stuff...so here's a question: do you think that Wily stole the plans for X from Light in order to build Zero, or did he make that on his own? Since...that's basically how he made Bass, right? Completely basing it on Mega Man's design...?
Wily has a way of improving off other people's designs rather than doing it himself...But he did make some of the robots himself.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I think Dr.Willy did somehow steal some information of X but... im not sure.

And yhea SUPER FIGHTING ROBOTS MEGA MAN! watched that ages ago XD

****ing ice man stage!!!!!

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Seems like I read somewhere that Zero was made from Protoman. I'm no expert, but that seems logical and I do know a good bit about mega man(especially X)

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
No sources, it might actually just be a theory I read or I might of even created somewhere down the line. It would make since though, they have a bunch in common. Protoman and Zero are both red, white and yellow, both have the same attitude, and both have a unique weapon that the other characters are missing. The weapons also go together as a team. Zero has a sword and Protoman has a sheild... sword and sheild. I think it's clear that Zero was atleast based off of Protoman. I am aware that Sigma used a sword in one, but he changed weapons so much so. If it isn't "true", I think it's a pretty good theory.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I think they are just similar seeing as Proto man was... a Proto type but i remember reading that Wily stole X's design or something... but i think thats theory or from something else.

BlueBomberX

Smash Rookie
X was an original creation, the original Mega Man's fate was never explained.

Also, Protoman and Zero are not officially related in any way. There are glaring similarities, but that's as far as it goes.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Maybe what I read was saying that Zero and X both came from their "equivilants" in the original series. Either way, it can't be a fact then. I still think it's a good theory though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It feels more like they copied Bass' design...considering they have a play style similar to a hybrid of Megaman and Bass

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Ok ok ok, if "X" made it in instead of da orignal O.G., what costumes or other alternate outfits would u want em to wear? That's like da only reasons why I prefer X over BB.

Hmmm.....I heard through da grapevine that Capcom is bringin back Megaman Legends and it might b on da Wii. Hmmm.....maybe Legends Megaman could make it before da others. Jus maybe.....but I doubt it.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I actuallyjust read that Mega Man and X were completely different. I doubt Zero is built from Protoman then. Oh, I read it on wikipedia, which i know isn't the best source, but still is pretty good.

BlueBomberX

Smash Rookie
There is no way, unfortunately, for X to make it in the game. Classic Mega Man is far more suiting and recognizable for Brawl than X.

Almost as unfortunate though is that Capcom for the most part has no future plans to elaborate on the Legends series despite the cliff-hanger ending of MML2

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
If any want any chapert from the U.S Megaman cartoon, add me to my msn ;) or send me a private messege, I have the 6 dvds.
Time man or Oil man from megaman poewered up for brawl? no way.... they are a psp version and they will not put something to make more atractive a psp game if they don't get something like megaman powered up 2 for nintendo ds.

BlueBomberX

Smash Rookie
Lol, if optimism worked, it would've been in production since the first petition for 3

It'll eventually happen that the pieces will fall in place for 3, but it doesn't look to happen any time soon unfortunately, slowing killing the souls of hardcore Mega Man fans every where

Edit: Considering only 2 or 3 other 3rd party characters will make it in game, they'll only go for huge icons like Sonic or Mega Man

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
please make legends 3 and make that trigger would be like an incarnation from megaman classic or something like that... it would be great!

BlueBomberX

Smash Rookie
Now, I just recently joined, and I know this might be a bit "off-topic", as much as 283 pages can stay on topic, but it truly is comforting to know there are others who love Mega Man almost as much as I do. It's what got me into video games, I use it for all my screen names, and it's still one of the few series I have unconditional love for aside from the SSB series.

So, here's hoping in another 3 months we get a nice little surprise when he shows up in game.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey everyone you think the mods would let us start a new thread? so we could make the 1st post MUCH better? like we are doing with the Ridley thread.

Top Bottom