• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

Noshiee

Smash Ace
well, no if I made you do it :(, you didnt really had to do it if you didnt believe it was. I'm no one to be changing your's or anyone's thinking or opinion, I just wanted to point my believe, if you didnt agree, fine with me, I'm not one of those who argue over a little thing, anyway, you not changing it wasnt going to make me jump out of a building so I could haunt you when I become a ghost :)

vesperview

Smash Hero
well, no if I made you do it :(, you didnt really had to do it if you didnt believe it was. I'm no one to be changing your's or anyone's thinking or opinion, I just wanted to point my believe, if you didnt agree, fine with me, I'm not one of those who argue over a little thing, anyway, you not changing it wasnt going to make me jump out of a building so I could haunt you when I become a ghost :)
Well, I'm just in a bad mood, sorry if I came out a little harsh... I just hope we get some Lucas videos on the dojo.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
that the following screenshot shown is a smash attack doesnt mean anything, then, if the bair screenshot didnt specify it was his bair, then would you had though that it was a smash attack?
Sakurai calls tilts "strong attacks", as seen in the update, what else do you need?
I read some of Vesperview's other posts and I noticed a pattern of behavior that I was not impressed with: lots of snap judgements, no evidence of reasoning, nothing constructive to say and no substance. You can't argue with the irrational.

@Vesperview: Truth takes perseverance. I even used topic sentences for each paragraph for readability. How lazy are you?

Urban Dictionary:

TL;DR

Literally translates to: That was too long to read.
Really translates to: I'm too lazy to read the entirety of what you said, but I still want to say something.

YOU FAIL EPICALLY

vesperview

Smash Hero
@Vesperview: Truth takes perseverance. I even used topic sentences for each paragraph for readability. How lazy are you?

Urban Dictionary:

TL;DR

Literally translates to: That was too long to read.
Really translates to: I'm too lazy to read the entirety of what you said, but I still want to say something.

YOU FAIL EPICALLY
You think anyone's stupid enough to argue if Lucas and Mewtwo are similar let alone write a four paragraph post about it? Oh wait, you are, sorry about that, I'm not in the mood to argue something THAT stupid, please refrain from replying to my posts.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
You think anyone's stupid enough to argue if Lucas and Mewtwo are similar let alone write a four paragraph post about it? Oh wait, you are, sorry about that, I'm not in the mood to argue something THAT stupid, please refrain from replying to my posts.
OF COURSE Lucas and Mewtwo are similar because they're both psychic. JUST like how Wario and Mario are just so alike because they both share the last four letters of their name and a mustache. Don't forget that Yoshi and Kirby are pretty similar too because they can both eat a character whole.
LOL @ Sarcasm

N-E-WAYZ. I agree with vesper, drawing similarities between Lucas and Mewtwo because they're both psychic is just... pointless.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Nice find! I think he is getting hit while attempting an aerial attack, but I'm not sure.
That's what I thought at first, but would he have the Love hexagons in his hit animations? Or maybe they would remain if he's hit.

He could very well still be in the middle of an attack. Some attack animations are ackward when pictured at specific moments...

EDIT: Vesper's from Guatemala, Noshie's from Mexico and I'm from Panama... just noticed haha. Spanish much?

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I just remembered this:

At one point in the game, Lucas gets Claus's clothes when the Pig Mask Army confuses him for Claus (and Kumatora, Duster and oddly Boney for Pig Masks), probably a Lucas alt in the game?

also: Claus ftw!

dan smith

Smash Champion
That picture is wacky. "Woah!..."

I'm going to be real upset if Claus doesn't make it. I wanted to make a sig with Claus, but there are very few pictures of him on the interweb.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Even though I expect the move to disappoint on the scale of PK Flash, I'd like to see a video of PK Freeze used as an edgeguard. Hopefully, glacier-encased combatants will fast-fall.

@ T-major: The degree of similarity Lucas will have to Ness has been the topic of much debate.

courte

Smash Lord
one thing i simply have to ask-- in all of lucas' techniques, i've recently noticed a visual difference in all of his b moved except for UP+B

am i just missing it or can someone help me out??

courte

Smash Lord
Side B Shoots straight and Pillars at an angle
Down B Instead of shielding his body, magnet emits from his hand
B Pk Freeze is pretty appearent, and we havent even seen it in action, if might be more versatile than pk cross

so what's different about Pk thunder, unless the appearance isn't one we can see just by screens

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
PK Fire is just improved overall. Shooting straight is a change I wanted after a few months of playing Melee. The angling will give it a better look and might help trap people in it.

Down B... well, if they cut the start up lag, covering only the front seems like a fair trade off, but I'm not sure if that will turn out that way.

PK Freeze will probably work like PK Flash, but if they make it easier to hit someone with it, then replacing the explosion with freezing will balance it out, I guess. Not that freezing ain't good. I just hope it's usable.

And PK Thunder is back to the 64 Godness! Well, it looks like it... Although I was expecting it, what with all recoveries being improved from previous games.

courte

Smash Lord
i didn't ask about the other moves but thanks for the thunder update

my hopes will be since pk freeze is an ice attack, it wall fall similar to a snow flake--not so much in the sense that it will stick to people but who knows maybe, but in the sense that it can moce further and easier to manuver but still overall time of the attack is shorter

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
@ courte: I don't think PK Thunder has changed much from the previous games. It may have slightly more range based on the current screenshots, but without a Melee shot side-by-side those may be misleading. If anything's changed, it's the "summoning" animation Lucas does while you guide PK Thunder. He looks like he's on fire, while Ness looked slightly sparky and entranced.

@ PrettyGoodYear: I'm afraid I don't understand what is meant by 64 Godness. Was PK Thunder significantly better in Smash 64 as compared to Melee? I don't remember.

courte

Smash Lord
yea that is the only thing i did notice his animation looks different so is there a possibilty he might get it out sooner/later??

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
@ courte: I don't think PK Thunder has changed much from the previous games. It may have slightly more range based on the current screenshots, but without a Melee shot side-by-side those may be misleading. If anything's changed, it's the "summoning" animation Lucas does while you guide PK Thunder. He looks like he's on fire, while Ness looked slightly sparky and entranced.

@ PrettyGoodYear: I'm afraid I don't understand what is meant by 64 Godness. Was PK Thunder significantly better in Smash 64 as compared to Melee? I don't remember.
It goes farther than in Melee. PK Thunder went far in 64, then in Melee, part of Ness's Nerfing was nerfing his PK Thunder. That's one of the things that hurt him the most, IMO.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
It goes farther than in Melee. PK Thunder went far in 64, then in Melee, part of Ness's Nerfing was nerfing his PK Thunder. That's one of the things that hurt him the most, IMO.
Fascinating. There's a lot of things that hurt Ness in Melee, but that's the first time I've heard PK Thunder mentioned. I know his up and down-Smashes were pretty major nerfs, along with his grab range.

The one thing I will miss the most about Ness is his bat... mostly for asthetic reasons. The other thing I will miss is the down-angle that PK Fire has when used arially; onced mastered, it can catch opponents more often than it should.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Here's a question: If Lucas is using many of Kumatora's specials, and he has Duster's ropesnake and whatnot...what moves does Lucas actually have in his game? And what of those moves have made it to his Brawl moveset? It just seems like his entire thing is borrowed moves, at least as far as I'm aware of this character.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
So...Lucas doesn't use any of his own moves? That seems pretty...lame.

Even more lame is the fact that he doesn't really many attacks in his own game. Does he not have a bat or yo-yo or anything in Mother 3?

Top Bottom