• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

vesperview

Smash Hero
Lucas

Story

Lucas is the leading character from Mother 3, son of Flint and Hinawa, he is a shy kid, who doesn't like taking risks, the story begins when Lucas, Claus and his mother decide to go back home to Tatsumari Village after a long day of playing with Drago at his granfather's house, somewhere along the way, the three of them go missing, which is where Flint takes center stage in an intensive search, only to find out that Hinawa has been killed by a Mechanical version of Drago, Lucas becomes devastated and depressed, while Claus decides to avenge his mother and takes off to defeat Mecha Drago, he vanishes and is thought deceased till later in the story.

Lucas doesn't really take the lead of the game until the end of Chapter 3, where he comes to aid Kumatora, Salsa, who are about to be caught by Yokuba and the Pig Mask Army, he summons Drago and saves the day.

It is during Chapter 4, that Lucas becomes aware of his mission, which is to collect the seven needles to save the world from an evil Dragon, but he is not the only one with that goal, the Pig Mask Emperor Porky and the Masked Man, are also set to find the seven needles, during his journey Lucas and the party arrive at Saturn Valley, it is here that the Mr Saturn decide to fix a badge Lucas is carrying with him and which they later send to him as a gift, the Franklin Badge, which reflects any lightning attack.

The story takes some twists until Lucas arrives with his party at New Pork City, he finds out who is behind all of this plot and he also finds out the Masked Man is his brother Claus, who after an emotional encounter dies by having and Lucas is left to take out the last needle and finish his adventure.

Abilities in The Game

Lucas's abilities in Brawl differ greatly from what he can actually do in the game, none of the attacks are actually his, Lucas serves as more of a character who heals, protects and raises stats, but he can also pull of some devastating psychic attacks along the way, these attacks are:

PK Love

This is Lucas's signature and exclusive attack, it's without a doubt the most devastating and powerful attack in the game, maybe only surpassed by Kumatora's PK Ground, this attack is given to him by the magypsies when he learns PSI and it continues to grow more powerful with every needle he takes out.

PK Flash

PK Flash is a move that Lucas learns during Chapter 5 after he is struck by a lightning on the Thunder Tower, this move can cause several ailments, such as crying, paralysis or instant death, it's all about luck with this one.

Lucas Special Moves

Entrance

Standard B Move: PK Freeze

It freezes your opponents if charged.

Side B Move: PK Fire

Same as Ness's, burns your opponent for multiple damage

Up B: PK Thunder

Same as Ness's can be controlled to hit yourself and recover.

Down B: PSI Magnet

Same as Ness's, hold down B to recover when someone shoots a projectile at you.

Up Tilt: Mentally Powered Flip Kick

Down Smash: PK Barrage on The Ground

Back Air Attack: Meteor Kick

Grab: Rope Snake

Hong

The Strongest
Third pic is either his f-air or a new kind of PSI Magnet. I was thinking about this, but what if they made PSI Magnet into an actual PSI Magnet? As in, it doesn't just absorb energy based projectiles that hit it, but also pulls in any energy based projectiles that enter a large radius around Lucas? This would be a good way to make the ability more desirable.

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
i think that in the first pic that that move isnt PK Flash, Lucas has a special move called PK Love and i've seen a vid of him using it, PK Love has similar colors to that move so im not sure.
Lucas is really interesting to me. I love Ness, he's one of my bests in melee, but i hope Lucas has totally different moves. just different PK moves and it looks like he does :]]]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i think that in the first pic that that move isnt PK Flash, Lucas has a special move called PK Love and i've seen a vid of him using it, PK Love has similar colors to that move so im not sure.
Lucas is really interesting to me. I love Ness, he's one of my bests in melee, but i hope Lucas has totally different moves. just different PK moves and it looks like he does :]]]
But PK Love would be his ultimate attack, would it not?

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
it could be i'm not sure we'll just have to wait i guess. It really could be anything for Lucas's moveset but i think it's safe to say that it will at least be in there right? It's a Lucas exclusive move in Mother 3 so i'd imagined he'd have it.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, they made both a normal version of Ike's Aether as well as the Shinkuu Aether which acts as his Final Smash even though we expected something as awesome and exclusive as Aether to be his Final Smash. They could do the same with PSI Love. Since we all know most PSI abilities in the MOTHER have different levels. The one he uses normally could just be based on level one. The one he uses as his Final Smash could be level four and rock the whole stage with the flashy effects we have grown to love from the MOTHER series. xP

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
Well, they made both a normal version of Ike's Aether as well as the Shinkuu Aether which acts as his Final Smash even though we expected something as awesome and exclusive as Aether to be his Final Smash. They could do the same with PSI Love. Since we all know most PSI abilities in the MOTHER have different levels. The one he uses normally could just be based on level one. The one he uses as his Final Smash could be level four and rock the whole stage with the flashy effects we have grown to love from the MOTHER series. xP
yeah that's the thing i've never played the Mother series (wish i could) but i LOVE Ness in the original and in melee and i heard about Lucas and thought he was cool and i saw PK Love at its final level and it looked similar to the attack he used in that vid. and yes Ike is the perfect example :D

T-major

Smash Champion
not exactly. PK LOVE is the first attack PSI Lucas learns in Mother 3, and is also his signature move; therefore, it would make the most sense to be one of his normal moves.

personally, I'm hoping that his Final smash is whistling to call Drago, then having him rampage across the stage.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
not exactly. PK LOVE is the first attack PSI Lucas learns in Mother 3, and is also his signature move; therefore, it would make the most sense to be one of his normal moves.

personally, I'm hoping that his Final smash is whistling to call Drago, then having him rampage across the stage.
I haven't gotten very far in Mother

But isn't it his ONLY PSI attack? Just like Ness?

PK Rockin' is like the most powerful attack in Mother 2 so I assume it's the same in Mother 3?

T-major

Smash Champion
I haven't gotten very far in Mother

But isn't it his ONLY PSI attack? Just like Ness?

PK Rockin' is like the most powerful attack in Mother 2 so I assume it's the same in Mother 3?
I don't know, I'm not that far either. I know that it's powerful, doing about 150+ damage from the start; but the point is, that while it could be a final smash, it's much better suited towards a special move. it's a signature attack of Lucas' as well as one of the first PSI moves he learns. it wouldn't really make sense that he would only use his favorite attack for a final smash.

Really, I hope it's calling Drago. that would be an AWESOME tribute to the events of Mother 3.... although, PK LOVE, that makes the original effects from the game cover the screen to attack would be awesome too...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know, I'm not that far either. I know that it's powerful, doing about 150+ damage from the start; but the point is, that while it could be a final smash, it's much better suited towards a special move. it's a signature attack of Lucas' as well as one of the first PSI moves he learns. it wouldn't really make sense that he would only use his favorite attack for a final smash.

Really, I hope it's calling Drago. that would be an AWESOME tribute to the events of Mother 3.... although, PK LOVE, that makes the original effects from the game cover the screen to attack would be awesome too...
Pk Rockin' was Ness' signature attack and he didn't have it...

...Why would Lucas?

It seems more like a Final Smash to me

T-major

Smash Champion
Pk Rockin' was Ness' signature attack and he didn't have it...

...Why would Lucas?

It seems more like a Final Smash to me
yeah, but we have that video that Shows Lucas doing a move that looks a LOT like PK LOVE, so it's probably a special move. I'm convinced it's a special move, but we'll have to wait and see.

Drago FS FTW!

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I was wondering what that snake thing is. Anyways, Lets hope this is a small first (or second, including the weird hexagons) sign that hes different from Ness.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know this isn't really speculation however here is a Lucas moveset that I came up with.

Moveset:
A, A, A = Punch, Punch, PK Kick
Punches twice and then jumps up and delivers a powered PK kick.
Side A = PK Shot
Punches forward; unleashing a powered up PK punch.
Down A = Low Jab
Ducks and punches at the knees.
Up A = PK Shove
Presses upward using a small PK energy to push the opponent upwards.
Air A = Rage Kick
While jumping, kicks and flips backwards.
Air Side A = PK Air
Twirls around using PK power.
Air Down A = Baseball Bat Thrust
Uses his baseball bat to swing downwards.
Air Up A = PK Yo-Yo
Infuses PK energy into the yo-yo and swings it above his head.
Running A = PK Charge
Runs forward using PK energy to shield himself.
Side Smash = Fan
Reels back and uses a fan to attack.
Down Smash = PK Tornado
Reels back and twirls on the ground creating a small PK tornado.
Up Smash = Homerun
Reels back and uses his baseball bat to swat opponents overhead.

B = PK Freeze
Forms three to five icicles over Lucas’ head. When you finish charging up, it will sling these icicles wherever Lucas is facing.
Side B = Brainshock
Zaps the character with PK power leaving this dazed and confused and set up for a combo. Has no lag time.
Down B = Psycho-shield
A barrier surrounds Lucas which deflects any attack, cannot be broken, and never diminishes.
Up B= PK Ground
A rock will appear under Lucas and, using his PKability, allows you to guide it for a short amount of time. The rock will begin to crumble when it’s near the end. Finally the rock will explode launching Lucas a bit higher as well as scattering debris inflicting small damage on other closer opponents.

Grab = grabs opponent with PK energy
A = PK Shock (Shocks opponent with PK power)
Front Throw = Gathers up PK energy and blasts the opponent away with minimal damage but high knockback.
Back Throw = Spins the opponent around with PK energy and sends them tumbling backwards,
Up Throw = Holds the opponent with PK energy then uses a bat to shoot them high in the sky.
Down Throw = Uses PK energy to hold them down, plant a bomb, and run away while it explodes.

Final Smash: PK Love – Lucas gathers a large amount of PK power. A energy beam hits him from the sky which then spreads to the nearest opponents. Any opponent in this radius receives high amounts of damage.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I think the first move looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much like PK Love.

I wasn't sure at first, but I bet my life it is.

It could be PK Love alpha, and you can charge it all the way up to Beta and/or Gamma, and have Omega as the final.

Also, we could be seeing his Final Smash and not knowing it. But I bet it's a standard attack.

Or- Even though it's an item, they could give him the New Years Eve Bomb as a Final Smash, I would LOVE that.

And I sure hope Lucas doesn't steal Kumatora's moves. I had a brain fart when I saw Ness with Paula's. PK Love/Rockin is not their only attack, and I hope they stay true to his PSI.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the first move looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much like PK Love.

I wasn't sure at first, but I bet my life it is.

It could be PK Love alpha, and you can charge it all the way up to Beta and/or Gamma, and have Omega as the final.

Also, we could be seeing his Final Smash and not knowing it. But I bet it's a standard attack.

Or- Even though it's an item, they could give him the New Years Eve Bomb as a Final Smash, I would LOVE that.

And I sure hope Lucas doesn't steal Kumatora's moves. I had a brain fart when I saw Ness with Paula's. PK Love/Rockin is not their only attack, and I hope they stay true to his PSI.
You people have got to be kidding me...It look almost nothing like PK Love

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
First of all, if you haven't noticed, he uses hexagons for ALL his attacks

Second, is that only part of what PK Love looks like?
Yeah, but the first pic is FLASHIER!!

And no, that's not how the whole attack looks like...

And PK Flash looks nothing like the pic posted, it's a bunch of green circles. I'm betting that the first pic is PK Love, because as I said, even if they use the hexagons for all attacks, it's flashier.

EDIT: See the Mother 3 PK Love in motion, and see the video of the first move... they do look more similar then.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe it's just an up attack then...

Because it doesn't look much like PK Love

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I would think is PK Flash because he is using it the same way Ness used it in Melee adaptated with hexagon instead of green circles to avoid similarities.
PK Flash didn't work like PK Flash though... I wouldn't be surprised if the move was PK Love and it worked like Melee's PK Flash.

And why would they want to avoid similarities IF it's the same move? Similar or not, they'd still be the same... so it's probably not PK Flash.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pk Love would work better as his final Smash...especially if that was PK Love Omega you posted...

I know sure as hell it ain't Alpha

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
I personally don't think he was using PK Love in that particular screen (Looks more like a SmashUp A...), but I think it's likely he'll have PK Love as a B move...maybe PK Love alpha for a B move, Omega for the Final Smash. *shrug*

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I personally don't think he was using PK Love in that particular screen (Looks more like a SmashUp A...), but I think it's likely he'll have PK Love as a B move...maybe PK Love alpha for a B move, Omega for the Final Smash. *shrug*
Exactly what I was thinking. Weak PK Love as special, and PK Love Omega for Final Smash.

dan smith

Smash Champion
How have I not seen some of these pictures??

Alright, well, I think the point could be a taunt, or an exploding projectile attack.

The kick looks rad, very lighting kick, Zelda style. That was one of the only reasons I ever used Zelda...that nasty kick. It's Ness' bair...forwards.

The rope snake's use is pretty obvious, and maybe good? Ness' grab range was always...well...HORRID.

The very first pic, with the explosive hexagons, looks to be a powerful Flash type move, def.

The PSI Magnet on a stick is of course still confusing.

Come on Nintendo, Lucas Special Moves update!

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
You know what I'll like as Lucas's Final Smash.....Him pulling one of the needles and the dragon coming out and beating the holy crud out of the opponents for Ultimate Damage but a guy could dream.

Top Bottom