• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I sometimes wonder if Sakurai's doing this on purpose. Although, it might not be his fault. Maybe the spot hasn't been hit by the dart on Monday or Tuesday, Haruhi hasn't told him to put it up, the winner of Twister hasn't felt like it, or he hasn't pulled out the right Buneary.
Who really knows how he picks those d*** updates XD

I still feel like it'll happen next week, cross your fingers guys.

D@mn is profanity? WTF? well, whatever...

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I'm sorry if this has been addressed. Flame me if it has. Does Lucas have a move in Mother 3 where he can take control of enemies? When I saw that image, I thought of mind control, not taunt.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'm sorry if this has been addressed. Flame me if it has. Does Lucas have a move in Mother 3 where he can take control of enemies? When I saw that image, I thought of mind control, not taunt.
It's in the first post, is probably a taunt cause he is doing it in another picture, but hypnosis doesn't seem too unlikely, but that's a Kumatora move.

Noshiee

Smash Ace

maybe, but, it looks more like a taunt, and if it were a move, it would probably be more flashy, with little lights or something.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
It's in the first post, is probably a taunt cause he is doing it in another picture, but hypnosis doesn't seem too unlikely, but that's a Kumatora move.
I know the pics in the 1st post, that's where I got it, I meant I didn't know if it was been mentioned before (the possiblity that the "move" from the pic was something more than a taunt). I thought it'd be faster if I re-post that pic instead of just refer to "the last pic from the 1st post".

maybe, but, it looks more like a taunt, and if it were a move, it would probably be more flashy, with little lights or something.
Maybe, IF it is a mind-control move, it does have special effects.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I know the pics in the 1st post, that's where I got it, I meant I didn't know if it was been mentioned before (the possiblity that the "move" from the pic was something more than a taunt). I thought it'd be faster if I re-post that pic instead of just refer to "the last pic from the 1st post".
I had that observation when I opened the thread, but then I saw the two pics and they look awfully similar but in different angles, you can find them in the Lucas Taunt thread in this section.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Who really knows how he picks those d*** updates XD

I still feel like it'll happen next week, cross your fingers guys.

D@mn is profanity? WTF? well, whatever...
I definitely hope so. I just hope his moves are different enough so Kumatora and Claus have a chance.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kumatora is the one most affected though... Lucas can't really borrow moves from Claus
That is true. However, there would still be enough left over for her to "survive" I think the only moves Lucas could borrow from Claus is PK Thunder but he can easily get that from her.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lucas steals PK Ground and PK Starstorm and what is Kumatora left with?

Crappy status change PSI.
Isn't Lucas the one with the stat changing PK?

Anyway, she'd be left with:

PK Freeze
PK Fire
PK Thunder
PK Paralysis
PK Hypnosis
PK Brainshock

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You don't want these two or she would be a Ness clone.

So you're left with these three and they suck.
1. You're saying that under the condition that Ness is indeed in the game. Besides, how would she be a clone if two of her moves are the same as Ness'?

2. They won't suck if they're used right. For example, Brain Shock could push the opponent back a bit and leave them in a broken shield state.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed that the rope snake really does resemble Ness' yo-yo

this saddens me somewhat.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It doesn't matter if Ness is in the game or not, if she has PK Fire and PK Thunder, they are gonna be just like Ness used them in the previous installments, thus a clone.
I still don't see how having two of the same moves would make her a clone. Pikachu and Luigi, essentially, have the same side B. Are you going to tell me they're clones.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Don't be stupid... PK Fire and PK Thunder are moves from Mother, now what are Ness's and Kumatora's series? Pikachu and Luigi have nothing to do with each other. So if Ness's isn't returning give all of his moves to Kumatora? That's ridiculous.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't be stupid... PK Fire and PK Thunder are moves from Mother, now what are Ness's and Kumatora's series? Pikachu and Luigi have nothing to do with each other.
Still, they wouldn't be clones. First off, she fights with her fists and Ness fights with baseball bats. And second, TWO OF THE SAME MOVES DON'T MAKE THEM CLONES!

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I just noticed that the rope snake really does resemble Ness' yo-yo

this saddens me somewhat.
except that ropesnake doesnt have anything to do with a yo-yo
come on, if rope-snake is indeed part of Lucas moveset, it most probably going to be his grab,or special atleast. Its just like making Link's Claw Shot like a smash attack.

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
i think that move is his secong jump. just think about it

im Melee, when Ness did his secong mid-air jump, there was a little twinkle at his feet like that?

and if it happens the same way in this game, notice how it curves and comes down from the left, just like Ness would.

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
I dunno, just looks like it has momentum to me...and yeah, if it's his Fsmash, why no stick?

Lucas seems to already have quite a few martial arts style attacks for a psychic boy.

About the move that look like Ness' Nair. Those sparkles seem to be important. Could be a sort of...throwing-dirt-in-your-opponents-eyes kind of move?

i think that move is his secong jump. just think about it

im Melee, when Ness did his secong mid-air jump, there was a little twinkle at his feet like that?

and if it happens the same way in this game, notice how it curves and comes down from the left, just like Ness would.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
In the dojo update where it talks about pictures, Kirby is surrounded bya heart...I believe this is PK Love. Check it out!

Top Bottom