• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
its most likely his Bair, but there's still a possibility if it being his second jump
also, dont double post
well, i guess we'll just have to wait and find out until they post some new gameplsy footage of Lucas, only then can we decide.

plus: i didn't mean to post twice, sorry.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tell me about it. We got two character revealed after him, and still no moves.
Not to mention that don't have even the closest idea for his moves because the screens he's been in haven't said anything.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Don't be stupid... PK Fire and PK Thunder are moves from Mother, now what are Ness's and Kumatora's series? Pikachu and Luigi have nothing to do with each other. So if Ness's isn't returning give all of his moves to Kumatora? That's ridiculous.
Now, I do think that if Ness is gone, giving his moveset, or part thereof to another character (Kumatora) is what they should do.

So what if she's a clone from a character that is NOT in the game?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Where is the logic in that? She's a clone if she has 90%+ of Ness' moves.
So she can have all B moves the same? That lacks originality and makes her completely unworthy of a spot above all of the other reasons I stated which you avoided quite easily in the other Lucas thread:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=108741&page=37

It isn't the moves which you should be arguing there are a ton of things against her.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Sakurai didn't say there wouldn't be clones. He said that certain characters won't be returning. Kumatora has just as much chance as Claus. IMO. Although I would prefer Claus, and have Lucas use Kuma's moves like Starstorm, Freeze, and Ground.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Sakurai didn't say there wouldn't be clones. He said that certain characters won't be returning. Kumatora has just as much chance as Claus. IMO. Although I would prefer Claus, and have Lucas use Kuma's moves like Starstorm, Freeze, and Ground.
But then Lucas can't use (Psyco) Counter, PK Love, PK Flash...

even if Kumatora's not in, Lucas should have his own moves.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
How?
10char
The diamond/squares that appear on Mother 3 when you do the move appear on Lucas, and if you do it close enough to an enemy, he will spin lightly and be knocked a very short distance. But, if you catch them in the middle of a move, they will take half the damage and 1.5x the knockback, (or something like that, tweak it if you must) but it should be hard to time and get the hang of, as well as have some lag after, so the move can't be abused.

It could also work on projectiles, but if the character is not next to you it wouldn't be particularly useful. Dunno though...

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
I really hope Lucas's moves get updated this week.
oh, totally. he seems like a really solid charcter. i wonder if he'll have the same special moves as Ness, upgragded, or any of his own...i think his final smash would be spectacular too.

SpeedBreaker888

Smash Cadet
The diamond/squares that appear on Mother 3 when you do the move appear on Lucas, and if you do it close enough to an enemy, he will spin lightly and be knocked a very short distance. But, if you catch them in the middle of a move, they will take half the damage and 1.5x the knockback, (or something like that, tweak it if you must) but it should be hard to time and get the hang of, as well as have some lag after, so the move can't be abused.

It could also work on projectiles, but if the character is not next to you it wouldn't be particularly useful. Dunno though...

I would love to see Lucas have counter, I think it would be a bit more useful, then giving his PSI Shield like Ness.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Lucas definitely falls into the same category as Zelda. Characters who are for some reason being witheld from us. It's maddeningly mysterious. Sonic was revealed and now we know pretty much everything about him. Lucas was revealed before sonic...and we know practically nothing. Why could it be? Zelda is obviously not being shown because of Sheik...or a lack thereof...but there shouldn't be anything secretive about Lucas. They can't still be working on him either...the game comes out too soon. What's the secret?? I can't think of anything but a similarity to Ness.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Lucas definitely falls into the same category as Zelda. Characters who are for some reason being witheld from us. It's maddeningly mysterious. Sonic was revealed and now we know pretty much everything about him. Lucas was revealed before sonic...and we know practically nothing. Why could it be? Zelda is obviously not being shown because of Sheik...or a lack thereof...but there shouldn't be anything secretive about Lucas. They can't still be working on him either...the game comes out too soon. What's the secret?? I can't think of anything but a similarity to Ness.
Yeah, it IS Hair tearing...

I wish we could get them tomorrow.

Onion Knight

Smash Cadet
From what I see, it looks like Lucas kind of has Ness's old moveset (mind some slight alterations) so, since Saki said no clones, does this mean Ness gets a possible revamp? (I'm assuming he's in it, I love Ness :[ )

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
From what I see, it looks like Lucas kind of has Ness's old moveset (mind some slight alterations) so, since Saki said no clones, does this mean Ness gets a possible revamp? (I'm assuming he's in it, I love Ness :[ )
Some people see the same moveset, some people see a different moveset, some people see both...

me? I think I saw PK Love.

Onion Knight

Smash Cadet
Some people see the same moveset, some people see a different moveset, some people see both...

me? I think I saw PK Love.
The problem for me is, I can't exactly tell because even though I am a huge Earthbound fan, since Mother 3 is all in Japanese so far, and its a heavily text-filled game, I have no choice but to wait for it to release here, unless someone has a translated version of it.

I hate to sound ignorant to Mother, cause I'm not, but whats PK love?

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
The problem for me is, I can't exactly tell because even though I am a huge Earthbound fan, since Mother 3 is all in Japanese so far, and its a heavily text-filled game, I have no choice but to wait for it to release here, unless someone has a translated version of it.

I hate to sound ignorant to Mother, cause I'm not, but whats PK love?
If you played EarthBound you know about PK Rockin, right? Ness' main attack? Well, PK Love is Lucas' main attack, you can change the name... I think Homeland is an alternate default for it.

And you have a cool name.

Voraine

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but assuming Lucas does replace Ness, does anyone think he'll swap the bat for a log, pole, or rod, which are the majority of his weapons in Mother 3?

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
This is killing me. We've had two new characters + thier movesets and we don't even have a clue to what Lucas does. I wanna see him in action so bad. Screw character updates, I want Lucas's special moves. And a MOTHER 3 music update wouldn't be so bad either. Prefferably Natural Killer Cyborg.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but assuming Lucas does replace Ness, does anyone think he'll swap the bat for a log, pole, or rod, which are the majority of his weapons in Mother 3?
well, in oneof the screenshots of the pictochat stage you can see what seems to be his Side Smash, and it is one of his blue hexagons shiny thingys, so maybe he wont use his poles, but it could be his front tilt though (the screenshot)

GenG

Smash Lord
So the Saturn table is just an entrance? :( It had potential.

I really can't guess what Lucas' special moves are.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So the Saturn table is just an entrance? :( It had potential.

I really can't guess what Lucas' special moves are.
I still love the Saturn table, though! :grin:

Well, maybe he'll use a Run / Dash Bomb? Perhaps the Rope Snake will be a Side Special...? He might even call Salsa for some help, haha.

Above all, though, he should whistle and call Drago for his FS, just like he did at the end of Chapter 4(?).

Top Bottom