• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
What is the Mr. Saturn's Tea Table?

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
I think it would have been better if his entrance was a little more PSI oriented o_o

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yeah they do.
Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Lucas is one of my favorite newcommers. I'd like to see some of his moves. In the Dojo update having to do with taking pictures, it shows Kirby surrounded by a heart. I think this may be PK Love...what do you think?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Lucas is one of my favorite newcommers. I'd like to see some of his moves. In the Dojo update having to do with taking pictures, it shows Kirby surrounded by a heart. I think this may be PK Love...what do you think?
Yeah someone posted that picture a couple of pages ago, I doubt it though since PK Love has nothing to do with love.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
That Kirby heart picture is Peach's Usmash. Look at the very bottom, you can see the top of Peach's head. And you can see her hand inside the heart.

Voraine

Smash Rookie
well, in oneof the screenshots of the pictochat stage you can see what seems to be his Side Smash, and it is one of his blue hexagons shiny thingys, so maybe he wont use his poles, but it could be his front tilt though (the screenshot)
Hmm I guess I'll have to look at that screenshot. It'd be too bad if he didn't use his poles or whatever because I kinda like that as a unique move for him, not to mention its his weapon in the game and him not having it would be like taking Link's sword away, wouldn't it?

Yubi

Smash Cadet
I personally hope that Ness comes back. I come from Puerto Rico and there are only two smashers who use Ness: my self and a great Ness user called Bubbleman. When I saw Lucas i got a little disapointed cause Ness has always been my favorite. In PR we consider Ness the typical everyday puertorrican kid because of the way he dressess. I find Ness cooler in the way he looks. But then I accepted Lucas and I can't wait to use him!!! :D. I think Ness will come back beacuse when you think about it, Capt. Falcon hasn't been anounced yet. Remember that he was a secret character in smash64 with Ness. Maybe that's gonna happen in Brawl. Jiggly, Luigi, Capt. Falcon AND Ness maybe are gonna be secret with Lucas being the main Earthbound character. Ness still has chances of appearing.

In Puerto Rico we have a site called www.smashpr.com/forums It's just like smashboards but for the puertorrican smashers. It opened in september but it's very cool. That's why I don't post here anymore. Anyways, anyone interested in seeing the site just click the link above. The site it's in spanish so those of you who understand, take a tour and see for yourselves.

I'm gonna post vids of the Best Ness in our island in action in the biggest Melee tournament held.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlEw4PjNNqw Combo vid

http://www.smashpr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125 tournament battles. Click on each link on the page

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
It was already released and why are you talking about Geno here? On topic, I think I'll die before Sakurai reveals Lucas's special moves.
Wow... wrong topic. (Multiple windows FTL) This was meant to be posted in the Geno thread like... long ago. XD

And SMRPG will be released next year in virtual console for both countries... I think.

*is still laughing*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It was already released and why are you talking about Geno here? On topic, I think I'll die before Sakurai reveals Lucas's special moves.
I really hope his get confirmed real soon. I need to know so I can see if my girl could have a chance.

vesperview

Smash Hero
It's silly to act like an expert on something you don't know everything about. 150 updates later, we still barely know anything about Brawl. Kuma has just as much chance as anyone.
Considering how she serves really no good purpose to the Mother 3 plot and how Claus is by far more of a catalyst in the story than her, you can clearly tell who has the biggest chance and not to mention Claus was mentioned more times in the poll then Kumatora, who is basically just Mother 3's Paula or Ana, the girl who has nothing to the plot other than to occupy a space in your party, if Paula, didn't appear in Melee, who is basically her equal and most obvious choice for a second Earthbound rep, I don't see how Kumatora has as much chance to appear in Brawl as Claus, who pretty much kills her chances.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Considering how she serves really no good purpose to the Mother 3 plot and how Claus is by far more of a catalyst in the story than her, you can clearly tell who has the biggest chance and not to mention Claus was mentioned more times in the poll then Kumatora, who is basically just Mother 3's Paula or Ana, the girl who has nothing to the plot other than to occupy a space in your party, if Paula, didn't appear in Melee, since she is the most obvious choice for a second Earthbound rep, I don't see how Kumatora has as much chance to appear in Brawl as Claus, who pretty much kills her chances.
First off, wasn't Claus only suggested twice while she was suggested once? Second, how is Paula the second MOTHER rep unless you're referring to MOTHER 2 as a game? How exactly does he kill her chances other than having a larger plot role?

vesperview

Smash Hero
First off, wasn't Claus only suggested twice while she was suggested once? Second, how is Paula the second MOTHER rep unless you're referring to MOTHER 2 as a game? How exactly does he kill her chances other than having a larger plot role?
I was referring to Paula in Melee in case you didn't get the notion, even if it was just two times, Claus is more suggested, more popular and well known, is like saying Dixie Kong could get in Brawl before Diddy, meaning, NOT happening.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Believe what you want, but I'll support her until the end.

Voraine

Smash Rookie
Personally, I don't know much about Mother 3, but why would Claus be more well known then Kumatora? He's the ending boss, Lucas's brother, and then dies. That's it. Why does everyone want him in the game so badly when it seem's that almost the entire game he was suspected dead? I can't see how he'd be more well known then Kumatora, when she's an actual party member and he's just Lucas's twin and meets a sorry end. They even look the same, so it would really be pointless to put him in if he looks identical to Lucas.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Personally, I don't know much about Mother 3, but why would Claus be more well known then Kumatora? He's the ending boss, Lucas's brother, and then dies. That's it. Why does everyone want him in the game so badly when it seem's that almost the entire game he was suspected dead? I can't see how he'd be more well known then Kumatora, when she's an actual party member and he's just Lucas's twin and meets a sorry end. They even look the same, so it would really be pointless to put him in if he looks identical to Lucas.
Wow, play the game and then talk, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only explanation that comes to mind as to how more people know about Claus is that he was known back in the MOTHER 64 days. Kumatora was in like a few screens and she looked nothing like her GBA form and I don't think her name was revealed to the public.

Also, I need to say this: Popularity isn't a factor. Does it increase their liklihood? Maybe. It's all up to Sakurai really.

vesperview

Smash Hero
The only explanation that comes to mind as to how more people know about Claus is that he was known back in the MOTHER 64 days. Kumatora was in like a few screens and she looked nothing like her GBA form and I don't think her name was revealed to the public.
No, he is more known about because he is mentioned all through the internet, he is Lucas's twin and has a more important role in the plot than her, stop living in denial, even if her name and current looks had been in the Earthbound 64 screenshots and videos, Claus would still be more popular.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No, he is more known about because he is mentioned all through the internet, he is Lucas's twin and has a more important role in the plot than her, stop living in denial, even if her name and current looks had been in the Earthbound 64 screenshots and videos, Claus would still be more popular.
I'm not in denial that she's not as popular as Claus. I just want her to be a fighter in Brawl.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I'm not in denial that she's not as popular as Claus. I just want her to be a fighter in Brawl.
Yeah, but theres a good amount of people that don't like it when people put hopes in characters they don't think will make it in. Why can't Claus and Kuma be in? It looks like Mother isn't given the shaft this time 'round. And the Sak-Man is a big MOTHER fan.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Would you people stay on topic? if you want to keep furthering the discussion of Kumatora's chances, KumaOso has a link in his signature for the Kumatora thread, stop bringing up Kumatora in the Lucas Moves thread.

as I said in the previous page:

Back on topic, I have just updated this thread's first post, with Lucas's Final Smash suggestion, if you have anymore, please post!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, but theres a good amount of people that don't like it when people put hopes in characters they don't think will make it in. Why can't Claus and Kuma be in? It looks like Mother isn't given the shaft this time 'round. And the Sak-Man is a big MOTHER fan.

To these people, they feel KT isn't popular enough. Also, they want the MOTHER roster to be Ness, Claus, and Lucas. Personally, I think that's redundant and it doesn't really show the eccentricity of the MOTHER series. I mean, one's a silent protagonist, one talks but only three times, and the other talks.

Here's to hoping MOTHER will get the respect it deserves.

*toast*

BTW, this song must get in

WARNING MOTHER 3 SPOILERS

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iO2NZypuLcI

vesperview

Smash Hero
Here's to hoping MOTHER will get the respect it deserves.
I don't see how including Ness is not giving the series the respect it deserves, but whatever, at least I accept that if Claus gets in Ness doesn't have a chance, in case you forgot Mother 3 is still Japan only and Sakurai said he would restrict the number of japan only characters in Brawl, so I don't think Mother 3 will get 3 reps, it's outrageous for a Japan only title.

Now can we get back on topic? :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes, we can get back on.

I still think Lucas' moveset is a mix of Ness' moveset but improved and defined with some minor changes (such as ABA using one leg instead of two) and some original material.

Top Bottom