• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

Kinesis

Smash Rookie
I'll definately be maining him, as well as Metaknight.
Both of their attacks seems pretty cool.

His final smash will probably be pretty out there too.
I tried maining Ness on SSBM, but it wasnt the same.
So I stuck with Marth and Falco.

But Lucas = Great attacks it seems like, a little more powerful than Ness, perhaps?

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
I keept thinking its a shame to only have one playable character from a universe in brawl...So maybe Claus will show? Im still doubtful...Then again I was SHOCKED dedede showed up.

Man I can't wait to play as metaknight, its going to be really hard having to commit myself to lucas.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
is Lucas Bair in a different angle? couse the one on his update it looks like he's kicking down or diagonally back, but in this update it looks 100% back kick. Maybe is aimable?

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
How can you be shocked at Dedede? He was planned to appear in Smash since the 64 days and was the most mentioned character on the poll.
Because I'm not crammed up smash bros news' asscrack. So I didn't check the polls, I don't know about plans for N64, I just check the updates and go about the rest of my day.

Using logic, it can be said that maybe he didn't know that information
You still win the prize for answering that before me and alot nicer than I did!

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users."

Leads me to believe ness will be gone from brawl =(

Noshiee

Smash Ace
PK LOVE! The power of love is one to match and it saved Harry Potter.
(I giggled at that :) )
Lucas FS will be either
1. PK Love: some PSI attack, blue, with hexagonal effects.
2. Calling a Drago: he would whistle, a dragon would appear or fall from the sky or something, he would then ride him, and then you would control the dragon, you move with the control stick sideways, you would be able to jump, and stuff. Who ever touches you (the Drago technically) will get damage with small-medium knock back, but by presing the standard or special button, the Drago would bite forward, it could be a really powerful attack, with heavy knockback. Maybe the A button to make a Tail swing, hittingthose arouind you, with small lag but not as powerful as hte bite, and the bite could be the B button, with big lag (Falcon Punch), making it easy to avoid, but it could be dadly, a KO attack, also becouse the Dragon is big, it would make it harder to avoid. The dragon would be the same or maybe a little bit smaller compared to the size of Giga Bowser.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
No sir, I think you don't get it.

He's saying you shouldn't argue on something you know nothing about. And name calling, especially something as "juvenile" as "asscrack" makes you look a little dumb.
Actually you don't get it ethier. You're getting side tracked with these little arguements that don't mean anything so STFU about this crap and get back on topic.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Actually you don't get it ethier. You're getting side tracked with these little arguements that don't mean anything so STFU about this crap and get back on topic.
Alright.

I propose we simply ignore the troll. Perhaps it will go away.

On topic: Do you think Lucas will get some kind of weapon, like a mallet like he had in MOTHER 3?

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
prettymanfairy I can only read about two words into your posts until my eyes start to bleed. Thanks for the bright green font.

I also believe that Ness is seemingly out, which is unfortunate... I think Lucas is really similar to Ness, but why can't they keep Ness regardless? They already have the basic model and move-set, there's very little they actually need to change. Some people just really liked Ness' character and now he's gone??

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, Sakurai revealed all of his A moves too so I don't know if that's possible.
They only revealed a small number of his A moves. His poles and mallet can always be his SSA.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Lucas never learnt PK freeze, PK lightning, PK fire...
The only offensive thing he had was PK LOVE and PK Flash

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Updated Version, what we have seen of Lucas so Far
Missing: Up Air, Standard Air, Up Tilt, Forward Tilt/Side Smash, Down Tilt, Smash Attack, Possibly Taunts.

Forward Air

Back Air: The finish of the attack (the hexagonal thingys) are a meteor smash

Forward Smash or Forward Tilt

Up Smash

Down Smash

Standard Special: PK Freeze-Seems to be the same as PK Flash from Melee, but with Freezing abilities.

Forward Special: PK Fire-Seems to be the same as PK Fire from Melee, but now it always casted forward, and not diagonally down like it did in Melee when casted on mid-air. Also, the pillar of fire seems is bigger and is diagonal, instead of horizontal.

Up Special: PK Thunder-Seems to be exactly the same as PK Thunder in Melee, maybe the lightning tail is bigger.

Down Special: PSI Magnet-The same as PSI Magnet in Melee, but it only protects Lucas's front side, and not the back.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lucas never learnt PK freeze, PK lightning, PK fire...
The only offensive thing he had was PK LOVE and PK Flash
The excuse: Kumatora taught them. I'm fine with this as long as she's still playable. Let's not quote this here, otherwise, do it and reply in the thread in my sig.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, but this images didnt fit in the last post.

Grab: It can be used for tether recovery

Taunt or Automatic standing-doing-nothing action (not confirmed)

Runandfight

Smash Rookie
did anyone else see on Smash Dojo that Lucas' PSI magnet 'absorbs the energy of projectile and other attacks' and has 'a wide range of effectiveness'? this could mean big things for the guy if, say, he could absorb physical attacks or something. other attacks? unless this means bowser's fire etc lucas could have something really useful here

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
prettymanfairy I can only read about two words into your posts until my eyes start to bleed. Thanks for the bright green font.
Better?

did anyone else see on Smash Dojo that Lucas' PSI magnet 'absorbs the energy of projectile and other attacks' and has 'a wide range of effectiveness'? this could mean big things for the guy if, say, he could absorb physical attacks or something. other attacks? unless this means bowser's fire etc lucas could have something really useful here
I think you may be looking too much into it. I think because it only covers your front, that it may less lag, which would be very awesome.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's a fun game though, download and play it
Ya, I've played it, and I'm like 3/4ths the way through it. I still like EarthBound more (the only SNES game I like more is ALTTP, and that game is a God send game). Still, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI, and Chrono Trigger are all also legendary RPGs on the SNES. I highly recommend ALL OF THEM to ANYON who hasn't played them, definitely. :)

where did you get that first rope snake pic?
Famitsu; ya, the Japanese get more exclusive pics in their most popular gaming magazine. More proof that Sakurai is baised towards his own country, and doesn't give a fat rats' a** about the rest of the world. Ya, that was a refrence to the fact Australia will be lucky to get Brawl in 2009, and Europe by this time next year. Biased b***ards, give us a Western-only character, or something, to even out the playing field. In fact, give us three. Make one of them Geno while you're at it Sakurai....I'm WAITING! :chuckle:

Runandfight

Smash Rookie
@ prettymanfairy:

hopefully you didn't think i meant ALL physical attacks... i was thinking if anything other than projectiles, maybe a few certain attacks that look energy-like, like mewtwo's smashes... I was really just pointing out the "other attacks" part

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wow, the hexagons look similar to Fox's shine.

My summary of the moves:
PK Freeze:I'm guessing that like PK Flash the snowflake floats up, and then down, and explodes when the special move button is released. Either an improved or a worse version of PK Flash.

PK Fire: Looks the same at first, except for it goes sideways in the air. The pillar of fire looks way bigger though, so I'm guessing it does more damage. I'll bet the startup lag is still crappy though.

PK Thunder: Not much to say here, seems exactly the same, except for the appearance of the move when you hit yourself with the lightning. Seriously, a little explosion of fire? Seems much less impressive than the big explosion of light Ness had.

PSI Magent: Looks the same, except for that the magnet is in front of Lucas. Does this mean if you get hit from behind you won't absorb? If so, that would suck, because they really don't have to make it even worse than it already is. It was already almost useless in melee, unless you were on a team with Fox...but maybe you can slightly move it around you, like when you shield?

Up Smash: Looks powerful and promising, like Fox's up-smash. And judging from the picture, it has a good range, too. Don't dissapoint me.....

Back air: If I'm not mistaken, this is the first back air meteor in the game. Maybe since its shaped like a shine, it will spike like a shine? Hmmm.....

Tether Recovery/Grab: I hope it doesn't have horrible lag like other long ranged grabs do. Well, I guess it's better than Ness's short grab. And as a tether recovery, it looks short compared to Link's and Samus's.

Down Smash: Looks dissapointing, similar to Mewtwo's down smash. I don't like one sided Down Smashes, because they are lame. It would be awesome if Lucas covered both sides at the same time with both hands.

tddavis

Smash Cadet
Man I love the new PK fire it looks like people won't be able to easily escape it once caught in it. that was one of the things that irritated me about the PK fire in melee, a half decent player being able to quickly escape it. I will miss my nice diagonal air shot since it helped hit people on ramps and angled platforms. It also looks like they made Lucas have a more deadly back kick then Ness. I can only imagine what a horizontal meteor smash is like. With the snake could he possible have a decent grab range. It make me a little sad that Ness is gone, but introducing a new character from the same verse allowed them to reinvent the play style and make him stronger as a fighter. I hoped they fixed many of the problems that Ness had in melee, allowing him to be an actual competitor in at least middle tier. It looks like they saw many videos of players fighting with Ness and tried to improve the play style. The only thing I am really worried about is Lucas's PK Frost and Psi magnet. If PK frost is anything like flash I feel it will become useless. Having such a slow move just made it impossible to use unless you were edge guarding. I would really hate if they kept moves that were hardly ever used in melee. Psi Magnet had the same problem many of the projectiles were way to fast to be counterd by Psi magnet. With the start up time of that thing I hope they make it more like Fox's Shine where he could pull it out faster.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
@ prettymanfairy:

hopefully you didn't think i meant ALL physical attacks... i was thinking if anything other than projectiles, maybe a few certain attacks that look energy-like, like mewtwo's smashes... I was really just pointing out the "other attacks" part
Exactly what I was pointing out. They didn't reveal his forward smash, which leaves room for a bat or stick or mallet of some sort.

saratos

Smash Apprentice

In that pic of PSImagnet, it seems that the item has a sort of tractor beam bubble on it.. perhaps psi magnet has a gravitational field? Also, consider that it is a physical item, perhaps psi magnet works on physical things (like, bombs, missles, and not just lazers ans stuff) as well?

dan smith

Smash Champion
At first I thought the idea of Lucas PK Thunder having invincible frames was re-slam-dunk-ulous...but the way he looks in the picture makes me think it's possible.

That improvement alone would guarantee Lucas being better than Ness.

If PSI Magnet reflects physical projectiles, that would make up for it's directional style, especialy if it's faster than Melee. It still has great potential to suck though.

I for one am glad that PK Fire goes horizontal aerially. With Ness you had to be high enough to shoot down, now you can shoot low and aiming will be a sinch.

I also still think that the forward "smash/tilt" shown on the pictochat stage is a dash attack. If that's Lucas fsmash...it looks pretty boring compared to Ness' signature smash. Where's the weapon swing? I know Lucas has some blunt objects in his arsenal. I doubt it'd be a tilt cause of the dust it kicks up.

The forward aerial kick that Lucas is shown doing is very interesting, no signature sparkles on the fair? Or is it a nair? Looks strong either way. The bair seems to go diagonal? Ah, we get more pix and then we simply need even more. A vid would be awesome too...or a demo of Lucas...yeah...that'd be rad.

Top Bottom