• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Its about as likely as them putting in Robotnik or GrayFox as a playable character....and well look at grayfox!
You must not know what you're talking about. Because those are both 3rd party characters.

Lucas and Claus had the same amount of votes on Sakurai's poll, hence the both have an equal chance of being selected as PC.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Suggested Final Smash: Summoning Drago

Chapter 3 spoilers:

So far it seems like the more obvious choice, at the end of chapter 3 after defeating the Pig Tank boss while your party consists only of Kumatora, Salsa the monkey and Wess (Duster's father) as a guest, Yokuba appears with a bunch of Pig Masks to capture Kuma and Salsa, then Lucas appears and whistles, then Drago is summoned and completely pwns the pig masks and Yokuba.

Ends spoilers.[/center]
Not that isn't a good FS, but why in the world wouldn't it be PK LOVE?

Foxtorres

Smash Cadet
is it just me or does the PK fire look crazy good??
Giant diagonal pillar or raging fire.. compared to Ness' lil' torch.
I like the down angle more personally, because it was a bit more unpredictable if you know how to aim it in the air... oh well, I guess new strategies go along with Lucas as well, fine by me <3

vesperview

Smash Hero
Its about as likely as them putting in Robotnik or GrayFox as a playable character....and well look at grayfox!
Considering Robotnik and GrayFox are third party I don't see how it is an example, FAIL!

Not that isn't a good FS, but why in the world wouldn't it be PK LOVE?
Because a psychic attack is way too predictable, we have to spice things up.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
You must not know what you're talking about. Because those are both 3rd party characters.

Lucas and Claus had the same amount of votes on Sakurai's poll, hence the both have an equal chance of being selected as PC.
Lucas and Claus do not have the same chances because Claus is a SPOILER of a character, Lucas is a MAIN CHARACTER, Claus does not have the same history length as Grayfox or Robotnik, infact Grayfox was an important character for MG 1 and 2 which were on NINTENDO not to mention grayfox was in Twin snakes for GC. Nor is he in the Mother 3 game for the same % that Lucas is. Simply reason on popularity votes shows you do not know what you are talking about.

Gray fox and Robotik are more recognizable/ nostalgic / longer history / more important to the story lines. Thats why I compared them. I'd prefer Claus in the game than ethier of them but im being realistic.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Lucas and Claus do not have the same chances because Claus is a SPOILER of a character, Lucas is a MAIN CHARACTER, Claus does not have the same history length as Grayfox or Robotnik, infact Grayfox was an important character for MG 1 and 2 which were on NINTENDO not to mention grayfox was in Twin snakes for GC. Nor is he in the Mother 3 game for the same % that Lucas is. Simply reason on popularity votes shows you do not know what you are talking about.

Gray fox and Robotik are more recognizable/ nostalgic / longer history / more important to the story lines. Thats why I compared them.
I forgot how Sheik wasn't an OoT spoiler in Melee, FAIL!

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Why should they care?
Because they arn't 12, and know how to manage buisness franchise properties delicately. Wish I could say the same for you.

Listen I know how baaaaaaaaaddd you want claus in it, I want him in it too, but be a little more realistic, Lucas and Claus having EQUAL chances of appearing in smash? Please.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Because they arn't 12, and know how to manage buisness franchise properties delicately. Wish I could say the same for you.
Again, Mother 3 wasn't released yesterday and putting Claus in Brawl is hardly a bad business move if they actually intent to ship Mother 3 to America, which you are talking as if that was already confirmed, unless it gets released on the DS, it's a past gen game from GBA released in 2006, again FAIL!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People in the US HAVN'T played mother 3 yet. Where Shiek was in 64, and Melee was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY after.

FAIL FAIL FAIL.
It's been quite a while since Mother 3 was releashed...It's NOT coming anywhere else

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Why should they care? and Mother 3 wasn't released yesterday either.
I think Sakurai's not ******** and knows its a spoiler for nearly the entire US

Also, Im in denial and think Mother 3 has a chance at a translation.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
I think Sakurai's not ******** and knows its a spoiler for nearly the entire US
See this guy gets it. If the character peresents some problems, the likely hood is that they will bother less with putting him in it.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Again Sheik destroys all of these arguments, they don't care to spoil a game, they have proven it.
Except sheik came out in the US, and was a VERY POPULAR game, one of the most popular N64 titles even. You think people know Claus in the US? No. Grow up.

I think Lucas is a serious move to translate Mother 3, buisness wise it makes sense.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I forgot how every single person in the world had played OoT by the time Melee was released...[/sarcasm]

If you can argue the Sheik thing with something better than oh Mother 3 is just a japan game, then this discussion is settled.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
I forgot how every single person in the world had played OoT by the time Melee was released...[/sarcasm]
I bet you 100% of nintendos fans did.
Where as how many nintendo fans even know who Lucas is?
If you can argue the Sheik thing with something better than oh Mother 3 is just a japan game, then this discussion is settled.
The discussion is settled because you are ********, and im done trying to educate you.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Nice comeback... you don't have a good point? Didn't think you did.

Bottom line, Sakurai doesn't give a **** about spoiling the game, Claus is on the poll and has a big chance now, period.
Let me help you out buddy.
NEW PORK CITY
A level in the FINAL Chapter that has statues of Pokey Minch. Now THATS a spoiler. Sakurai has already spoiled MOTHER 3. That isn't a reason why Claus shouldn't be in. After Ness's deconfirmation, Claus is a shoe in.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
However, I dont think he'll keep the character out because hes a spoiler. But I wouldnt be surprised if he was given a more ambiguous name than Claus.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Let me help you out buddy.
NEW PORK CITY
A level in the FINAL Chapter that has statues of Pokey Minch. Now THATS a spoiler. Sakurai has already spoiled MOTHER 3. That isn't a reason why Claus shouldn't be in. After Ness's deconfirmation, Claus is a shoe in.
I guess the pokey statues are a huge spoiler, but im still iffy about the whole thing....My point still is Claus is probably NOT going to be in smash, and in the end its still my speculation.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
I guess the pokey statues are a huge spoiler, but im still iffy about the whole thing....My point still is Claus is probably NOT going to be in smash, and in the end its still my speculation.
Which you pointed out as fact, like a big know-it-all wannabe, you were pwned, now GTFO!

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
F you. Claus is awesome and epic.

Bringing up sheik was stupid.
Which you pointed out as fact, like a big know-it-all wannabe, you were pwned, now GTFO!
Gah. No need to get hostile fellas.

On topic: I don't think PK Love would be predictable. I'd like to see how it would work in 3D. It's hard to explain it even in 2D.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Keep telling yourself that, is the perfect example that Sakurai spoils games and since he already spoiled Mother 3, you have no further arguments to put on the table.

On topic: I don't think PK Love would be predictable. I'd like to see how it would work in 3D. It's hard to explain it even in 2D.
Well a PK attack could be a safe bet, I'm still hoping Drago is his FS, I'll update with more FS suggestions in a little while.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice

Im thinking it will work like Peaches smash and do somthing to the entire screen.

I imagine it like this, Lucas assumes casting pose, is invunrable, and you can aim PK LOVE on the screen first person view, but with a quick warning animation so you can get out of the way.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Im thinking it will work like Peaches smash and do somthing to the entire screen.

I imagine it like this, Lucas assumes casting pose, is invunrable, and you can aim PK LOVE on the screen first person view, but with a quick warning animation so you can get out of the way.
Ha. Now this is PURE SPECULATION.

I think that Summoning Drago would look cooler.
But I think PK LOVE would be more effective. Don't ask me why.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Well he could summon Drago and then he starts to just attack everyone like crazy, like Giga Bowser type thing but you couldn't control it.
Well that exactly it. You would have to control it. PK LOVE would no doubt attack EVERYONE. And the screen may look so cool and have the Porygon Effect and give kids seizures. Which will also be neat.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
PK Love for Final Smash.

Starstorm should be Poo's :)
That was my first thought, although I'd like to see him Summon Drago--very similar to the idea that vesperview posted at some point.

Hell no...

Claus PC
Agreed. Claus really should be playable.

However, I dont think he'll keep the character out because hes a spoiler. But I wouldnt be surprised if he was given a more ambiguous name than Claus.
You know, I was just thinking about this in the car today. "Masked Boy" is the safest bet if the Treehouse is avoiding spoilers. Remember that the Japanese name does not need to match the English name. Purin =/= Jigglypuff, Koopa =/= Bowser, etc. Japan could have a character named "Kurausu"; we could get the same character, renamed "Masked Boy." No spoilers--YAY! :bigthumbu

F you. Claus is awesome and epic.

Agreed on both counts. Claus is amazing, plain and simple. And the whole "Sheik" thing is kind of apples and oranges in comparison to Claus. OoT was 3 years old at the time of Melee's release; MOTHER3 will be about a year-and-a-half old by Brawl's release, maybe closer to 2 years old. OoT was recognized worldwide as a crowning achievement in video games; MOTHER3, while still a great game, was limited to Japan only.

I don't agree with your hypothesis--I think Claus most certainly has a chance to join the playable roster in Brawl--but I think the method by which others argued against you was an inappropriate application of information.

Yeah, I'd be quite anxious to see how Sakurai will treat it--if he uses it. I would be hard-pressed to imagine him NOT using it at this point, though. If it's not in his SM arsenal, it seems only logical that Lucas would have it as his FS. The importance of love in the story (especially to Lucas in relation to his family) really drives the point home.

Ha. Now this is PURE SPECULATION.

I think that Summoning Drago would look cooler.
But I think PK LOVE would be more effective. Don't ask me why.
Agreed. It would be really neat to watch Drago jump in and stomp all over the opponents. :chuckle:

Top Bottom