• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

T-major

Smash Champion
Lucas holding his big, hard stick. note the white stuff coming out of it? that must be the sparkle from a smash attack.
I dont know what your intention from that sentence is...but I hope it's now what I think it is:urg:[/quote]it was just a play on wording. I did it for the lulz! :D

I was refering to the fact that Lucas has the stick in another screen shot, and the sparkle indicates that it is indeed a smash attack.

does he use a twig in his games?
yes he does,
thats how he rolls.
instead of bats,
he uses sticks and polls.

Rhyming is FUUUUNNNN!! :D

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
it was just a play on wording. I did it for the lulz! :D

I was refering to the fact that Lucas has the stick in another screen shot, and the sparkle indicates that it is indeed a smash attack.

yes he does,
thats how he rolls.
instead of bats,
he uses sticks and polls.

Rhyming is FUUUUNNNN!! :D

haha lulz!you rhyiming ability is amazing!XD
so he use sticks,poll's and scepters from what I heard you think he's F smashes will be like peaches?

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
@T-major & Vesperview: Agreed. That is a likely possibility, but it also raises some questions of its own. For instance, is the rumored DS Mother compilation going to be released in Japan? In North America? In Europe? Because if it's going to all three territories the Japanese will essentially be getting the same game they already got on GBA (Mother 1+2). This product would only be significant to a Japanese consumer if it included all the Mother games. I'm sure Nintendo is already asking these questions and trying to figure out what makes sense. We know that they brought us Fire Emblem after introducing us to that series via Melee. If Nintendo sees Brawl as an opportunity to raise North American interest in Mother, they likely will be thinking about releasing a game that capitalizes off that interest. At the same time, it would be wise to make a game that appeals to Japanese gamers just in case it flops in the Americas. A game should turn a worthwhile profit, afterall.

Then again, it may not be worth the financial risk to port and localize all three games. It would be less risk to simply localize Mother 1+2 and see how that fares.

Just a theory. Either way, I hope this game comes to fruition. If it's just Mother 1+2, I'll be thankful for that. Buying it should encourage Nintendo to make future releases outside of Japan.

Fingers crossed.

courte

Smash Lord
so is there a screenshot of the subspace video that proves its a bat or a stick??

courte

Smash Lord
i don't have the eyes of god

these videos do not make everything one hundred percent clear, perhaps for some people but not for me [[I;m not taking any chances like others; no doubt you're aware someone claims to have seen Captain Falcon in the little primid rush?? so i'll wait until there is undeniable evidence not speculatable

ED5T OMG silly me forgot i downloaded that video the day it came out and i watched it just now six times over in VLC is the slowest of slow mo so yea... Stick ftw and yes i'll contine to support ness

T-major

Smash Champion
hey hey hey,im not convinced until I see an update or I get it from a reliable source,besides not with the current up-date of onett being in brawl
it should be obvious to anyone with the common sense of a walnut shell that Ness is replaced by Lucas.

first off, it's redundant to have both of them in Brawl, since they're are practically the same character, except Lucas has more style.

second, why would Ness have the new moveset, when they could have given one to Lucas instead? Ness already HAD a moveset. the fans already KNEW how he looked in battle. why would Sakurai suddenly fu*k with them, and change their preception of Ness? thats right! HE WOULDN'T! seriously, Sakurai isn't an idiot! he's not just going to suddenly change a character completely, JUST so they can keep a character that doesn't need to be there anymore...

...and I'm not even going to touch Onett, because it's a stupid reason... at that point your just digging for stuff to keep your hopes up...

conclusion: Ness is out. it's a logical fact. stop living in denial...

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Nice thread you have here. Lucas is going to be a beast. Too bad he's not in the starting roster. I was big on using Ness in melee, too. Yeah chances ( big chance ) that he's not coming back, but don't kill true fans of Ness returning to brawl dream. Everyon deserves happi-Ness, lol. Had to say that. Gonna enjoy fighting as him ( Lucas ), as well all the characters in brawl. Who knows who's gonna show up. Hopefully, we can all find a place to trade wii codes. If you want to, please save me as a friend and leave me your wii code in a note. I'll reply with my code.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
You couldn't really tell if its a bat or not. a while ago, I could've sworn it was a stick, but with a probable lack of Ness, why not steal his f-smash too?

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
it should be obvious to anyone with the common sense of a walnut shell that Ness is replaced by Lucas.

first off, it's redundant to have both of them in Brawl, since they're are practically the same character, except Lucas has more style.

second, why would Ness have the new moveset, when they could have given one to Lucas instead? Ness already HAD a moveset. the fans already KNEW how he looked in battle. why would Sakurai suddenly fu*k with them, and change their preception of Ness? thats right! HE WOULDN'T! seriously, Sakurai isn't an idiot! he's not just going to suddenly change a character completely, JUST so they can keep a character that doesn't need to be there anymore...

...and I'm not even going to touch Onett, because it's a stupid reason... at that point your just digging for stuff to keep your hopes up...

conclusion: Ness is out. it's a logical fact. stop living in denial...
cuz ness was nerfed so badlly,many players were'nt happy when they saw how bad ness played in melee compared to 64 smash,so why not change him???especially his yo-yo,and...what ness doesnt need to be there anymore?yea cuz obviously replacing him with a japan only characters make's all the more sense when ness made an international release,and you right Sakurai is'nt stupid,cuz it sure seem like it's a smart idea to cut a character who has plenty of fan's and then replace him with some luigi'fied character,and was onett even in lucas' game?that's like putting luigi's mansion as a stage with out luigi being a playable character

Noshiee

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhfQRTdSwiI

OMG!

Lucas seems to be a little speedy
PK Freeze is GOD, really fast and freezes :p (we already know that)
PK Fire has less lag, is faster and it isnt a continous explosion anymore, but one sigle burst
PK Thunder is faster and you are able to sweet spot with it, also it blasts you even firther
His smash attacks are really powerful, but doesnt seem to have a lotof knockback

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Also: srry for the double post , but the edit button doesnt work for me right now, but it is worth it
His standard A combo are kicks
his up air is kicking up with the PK Love effect, and his neutral air is he spinningaround (seen in the subscpace movie) with a PK Love effect around hi (or more like hitting him, as he seems to be inpain, but it doesnt damage you).
He still has Ness's second jump, but this time is faster
As long as I know, no tilts where shown

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I saw that. It was great!!!

PK Freeze is so fast

PK Thunder seems so easy to move around!

PK Fire is faster too

The overall attacks seem good too, the up attack with that animation seems like a killer

I'll main Lucas now :chuckle:

PK.STARS*

Smash Rookie
nice find.

I'm so happy that Lucas's attacks and B moves are fast and cool. gotta love his upwards smash.

and his voice sound cooler than i previously thought. At 4:12 " PK FIRE, PK FIRE, PK FREEZE.....PK THUNDER" lol classic. just hope they don't change his voice over when NOA translates Brawl.

oh and did anyone notice? his PK fire pushes him slightly backwards.

Also Lucas acts more lively than Ness did.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
um pkt2 only does 10 damage in one instance and 19 another time. WTF? And pkt2 definetely does not go as far as it needs to.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I took some time to really analyse the video, and you may want to add my observations to the start of this thread for his moveset:

PK Thunder:
--------------
has a sharper turn than Melee Ness's and moves faster. Has a rather long tial, too. PK thunder 2 seems to do more damage at close range and can hit multiple times. Due to the speed and angle of PK thunder1, PK Thunder 2 is more viable as a recovery now. Seems to sweet spot the ledge easier than before.

PK Fire:
----------
Comes out quite fast. Does about 9% on hit. Lucas is pushed backwards slightly when using this move.

PK Freeze:
------------
Very fast compared to Ness's PK Flash. Does about 19% when fully charged. Doesn't look like it has much KO Power, but it's speed and range make it a great looking move. Follows a much more horizontal arc.

Fair: jump kick
-----------------
I'm positive this is his F.air, since I saw him do his Neuair (body spin) later on in the movie. This move has a disjointed electric hitbox and some interesting properties. It seems like it pushes Lucas's body forwards or backwards when he uses this attack (see at around 0:57). Kind of like a DJC but without the double jump!

AAA combo
------------
At around 0:48, Lucas does a punch punch kick combo on Bowser. Looks slightly more martial artsy than Ness's one, but it's hard to see.

Ftilt
------
At around 4:23, Lucas does Ness's old Ftilt kick on Kirby and Charizard. It doesn't seem to have any electricity added to it.

Up Smash
------------
Lucas's upsmash is slow. Very slow. Like IKE level slow in both startup and ending lag. I very much doubt this attack will be used in 1.vs1 matches unless it has some kind of super armor. Seems very powerful though.

Down Smash
--------------
Like Mewtwo's old downsmash, except that it fires 3 times. Has about the same startup and may have more KO power. Seems like it'll be a good move to use for edgeguarding, but doesn't cover his back

Double Jump Cancel and Nair
--------------------
This is a big one. Check around 4:25 just before Kirby does his final smash. Lucas jumps into the air, uses a second jump and then cancels it with some kind of flashy spinny attack. I think he did a DJC using his Nair! However, there's a possibility that his second jump may have been shortened by the suction from Kirby's pot, but it appears to be something that Lucas had control over.

Bair
------
At around 1:06, lucas uses what appears to be his Bair 3 times in a row, accompanied by a nasty zapping sound. You can see the "meteor" effect because when hit by this move, Bowser slams into the ground in a prone position. He doesn't bounce up though. The last hit is on Peach, who goes flying normally.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
From Brawl central's Famitsu coverage:

Lucas

Number of jumps: 2
Wall Hop: No
Wall Cling: No
Gliding: No
Crawling: No
Weight: Normal
Speed: Normal
Best 3
Up Smash A: 75%
Side Smash A: 88%
Down Smash A: 90%
His best 3 seem pretty powerful! They can KO at about the same percentages Bowser's best 3 do, pretty good for a non-power oriented character huh? NESSBOUNDER already pointed something out: His up-smash is very slow, but can KO at well-above average percentage (see the Brawl Central list).

Yay for Lucas being better than anyone expected!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Heh, you know, PK Freeze is going to be so great in aerial combos.

I'm pleased to see thayt his Fsmash has some fine KO power to it since we know it's his fastest and safest smash.

Top Bottom