• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

courte

Smash Lord
why does sakurai like to do that

i know he's the poster boy and all, but if he's like the friggin healer, give us the aggro or the offensive; theyre probably just as popular KUMA AND OTHERS FOR BRAWL YAY LUCAS!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
why does sakurai like to do that
Here are my guesses, not some are copy and pasted from a post I just made:

1. He is Ness' successor. Normally, one would assume he would have all of Ness' moves. However, from the looks of it, Lucas may be half Ness and half new stuff. This explains PK Freeze and Starstorm being used by him.

2. His lack of PK Love is due to Claus using it. Presumably, no character will have the same final smash.

3. None of Lucas' PSI could really be used in Brawl aside from Flash and Love. Although, it's not like him using items from the game is that absurd.

As for Kumatora and such, we don't know yet for sure if they're out just yet. For all we know, Duster and Claus are in and Kumatora is Lucas' Falco.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
KumaOso said:
As for Kumatora and such, we don't know yet for sure if they're out just yet. For all we know, Duster and Claus are in and Kumatora is Lucas' Falco.
4 Mother Characters? Doubtful. And I hope to god clones don't return. And if they did, I'm sure Ness would be Lucas's Falco.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
4 Mother Characters? Doubtful. And I hope to god clones don't return. And if they did, I'm sure Ness would be Lucas's Falco.
While it's doubtful, it'd be nice. I don't see what'd be so bad about clones. Besides, Ness and Lucas being in would be redundant,IMO. I'd rather have an American psychic child and an evil twin cyborg/tomboy princess/limping thief then have two American psychic boys.

courte

Smash Lord
no "someone's" falco -- someones luigi is ok but more modification but for heaven's sake no ones falco

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
no "someone's" falco -- someones luigi is ok but more modification but for heaven's sake no ones falco
Well, I meant it in a nice way when I said Lucas' Falco. Although a luigification could is happen.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone else hear a bit of Lucas' voice from the Conference movie (the one where he does his "taunt" or "smash up" move)? Even though it's just a "HYAAHH!" it gives us a good idea of what his voice will be like.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm....Is anyone hoping for a particular track from MOTHER 3? I want the "Someones Memories/ Time boat" song.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Omgomgomgomgomgomg

I squealed when I listened to this
I KNEW Sakurai was going to put this....

Porky must have some role in SSE now that we know.

And since Sakurai loves spoilers this pretty much confirms Claus
I'm really happy that we finally got another MOTHER 3 update to re-kindle our hype for more MOTHER updates. I have been expecting disappointment from each update for the past month or so. Now all I want is Claus, Ridley, Balloon Fighter (I bet he WILL MAKE IT!!!), and Classic Mega Man.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It disappears after he uses it, it HAS to be his Smash attack!!!

YES!!! I just may make Lucas one of my mains! I was missing the bat!!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I want Oh, Buta-Mask and Twist and Battle.
DEFINITELY agree about Twist and Battle. Duster's Theme would make a catchy little tune (Brawl's answer to "Pollyanna?"), and Theme of Bad Boy is almost a necessity. My super special request, though, would be the final part of Funky Monkey Dance--the part after Wes's dance theme. It's so catchy and beautiful...it's perfect!

Basically, I just want all of MOTHER 3i to be in Brawl. :bigthumbu

Lucas has a bat lol, and he is no way similar to Ness, right?
Is it a bat or is it a wooden plank / stick? It's hard to tell, but it's obvious now that Lucas is Ness but hotter...he's like Ness 6.0. (Didya catch that reference? ;))

Seriously, though, Lucas' NAir is like Ness's but cooler. Gooooo Lucas!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looks to me like its a wooden stick/branch with leaves on it.. Same exact animation though as Ness's bat.
That's the point....

Though that means, they can't argue it's the homerun bat because of that

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
That's the point....

Though that means, they can't argue it's the homerun bat because of that
Yeah I know right... thats the point.... I was just pointing out it looks like a stick, and just said its the same animation so people might get confused its a bat because its a few frames.

Does lucas ever use a stick as a weapon in mother 3 or something?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah I know right... thats the point.... I was just pointing out it looks like a stick, and just said its the same animation so people might get confused its a bat because its a few frames.

Does lucas ever use a stick as a weapon in mother 3 or something?
Yes, he does. That's his thing.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I wouldnt know, Ive never played Mother 3 since its never come to the US/I cant read Japanese.

I did play Earthbound though.

The whole replacing ness/similar moves thing has me interested so just wondering.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Woo hoo at the new smash attack! Ness is finally deconfirmed! MOTHER 3 fans rejoice!

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Perhaps..

Are we able to Smash in the air perhaps?

I'm thinking its a neutral-tilt or something..

Something new.

F-air has been shown.

Neutral..... is possible.

Perhaps it's a neutral? When I saw this attack, I thought of Pikachu 64 when he jumped in the air and did a neutral while going in a direction. Reminded me of that.

T-major

Smash Champion
Perhaps..

Are we able to Smash in the air perhaps?

I'm thinking its a neutral-tilt or something..

Something new.

F-air has been shown.

Neutral..... is possible.

Perhaps it's a neutral? When I saw this attack, I thought of Pikachu 64 when he jumped in the air and did a neutral while going in a direction. Reminded me of that.
I figured it was his dash attack... looks it's too low to the ground to be an air attack.

also...

Lucas holding his big, hard stick. note the white stuff coming out of it? that must be the sparkle from a smash attack.

Top Bottom