• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Im worried about the outcome of this game. I sure hate to see fans disappointed, but to Geno there's two big sides one for and one against :ohwell:
Ridley has the people that want him as a boss

Krystal has the Anti-Furry attitude people

Megaman has the Anti-3rd party Nintendo purists

and Geno has people that never heard of him because Super Mario RPG was overshadowed because of it's release right before the N64

They ALL have haters

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
all that can be said is pretty much everyone who has played the game at least likes or is ok with Geno except for maybe a very select few...
So those people who havent heard of him r just dumb,stereotyping, or just want to flame and get into arguements!

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
The anti Geno argument that I hate the most is the "there is a more deserving Square Enix character than Geno". Its sheer ignorance.. I guess that a lot of people that don't stop and think that this is an exclusive Nintendo fighter (well Melee and Smash 64 were) and that not every third party character people are pushing for will make it in. Sure, they're a nice addition to the franchise but its annoying to come here and see "Crono for Brawl" or something similar.. or my favorite "Dragon Quest characters are equally deserving as Geno" - _ -. I mean, if its going to be a Square Enix character to fight in a Nintendo fighter then its gotta be Square Enix's Nintendo/Mario character: Geno. Dragon Quest is nice and all but unfortunately it was never developed FOR a Mario game.. ok moving on.. so I haven't really played Final Fantasy IV but I was thought that Culex was a Final Fantasy character and after a bit of research, I guess not..

Before Sonic was announced I was a huge supporter of his inclusion simply because it was the logical thing to assume. Sonic was already "set" in my eyes, I mean all the rumors and press conferences and the Sega related material (NiGHTS composer.. it was interesting to see that.. but nonetheless it was a semi decent idea.. different argument though, not getting into it) but I guess that some people are always looking for a HUGE, well thought out argument FOR the character. It can't just be "simple things" like a composer for example. I hate to rant but I'll be brief.. I don't get it why people come to the Geno thread to discuss their disgust or hatred for him. Ok, so Geno could NOT be in this game, I understand that much, but why all the selfishness? Why can't we, the Geno fans, get the one character that we grew up with (most of us I'm assuming) and that we love? The haters comer here and basically yell at us, who have extremely to no control over his inclusion and yet they make it our fault that we like a character. I've been wondering, is the mindset like "Geno can be in IF AND ONLY IF my list of characters get in" or is it more along the lines of "Geno isn't cool. Period."? It isn't asking a lot for Geno, I mean he's basically dead to Square Enix and he is most certainly logical with all the attention and hype he's had with Sakurai's formal and official suggestion submissions.

I don't know guys, we can only hope for the best. Tomorrow is supposed a big day, especially with all the rather.. I don't want to say "lame" updates but they certainly haven't been "great".. ok.. "good" (*cough* wide screen support) but it can go one of two ways.. either its going to be a HUGE update, certainly the suspense has been properly built, or maybe it will be a mediocre update just like any other day. I'm hoping that Sakurai can give us a special treat or an update to apologize for the push back (yes, the Feb. 10 push back). So hopefully its Geno tomorrow, I have this feeling it might be a newcomer, but we won't know until the time comes.

** EDIT: one last part I wanted to cover, I absolutely love it when people come here and say "I don't THINK Geno will be in Brawl because....." and the argument is finished with an opinion... pathetic .. oh and that isn't aimed at anyone, just kind of irritated in a way when people don't express their intelligence and argue with opinions.. considering there is more fact backing Geno.. and an opinion will never, EVER be greater than a fact..

Geno for Brawl!

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
all that can be said is pretty much everyone who has played the game at least likes or is ok with Geno except for maybe a very select few...
So those people who havent heard of him r just dumb,stereotyping, or just want to flame and get into arguements!
I'm the best known Geno opponent of gamefaqs and I beat SMRPG. I never base dislking on ignorance.

paralasalud

Smash Ace

and Geno has people that never heard of him because Super Mario RPG was overshadowed because of it's release right before the N64

They ALL have haters
actually i've heard a lot more often that peeps "hate" him because he's a doll.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
There are stupid reasons to hate a character in general from appearance to how many games they've been in or if they have interesting bgs that no one gives a **** aboutbut in general everyone doesn't like a character for a reason.

Mine? Bowser Jr. Why? Because he replaced the koopalings who were original and unique and had personality to begin with where as JR is new and by himself and he lost the only thing to make him different, not unique, his paint brush. But do I go into other threads to just flame it up or just say CLONE LOL! No, I want facts, proof or w/e.

Geno>Clone

Geno 4 Brawl.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
There are stupid reasons to hate a character in general from appearance to how many games they've been in or if they have interesting bgs that no one gives a **** aboutbut in general everyone doesn't like a character for a reason.

Mine? Bowser Jr. Why? Because he replaced the koopalings who were original and unique and had personality to begin with where as JR is new and by himself and he lost the only thing to make him different, not unique, his paint brush. But do I go into other threads to just flame it up or just say CLONE LOL! No, I want facts, proof or w/e.
ME TOO!

When I saw them in Mario and Luigi, I was hoping they were going to get revived by Nintendo.

Of course, we got more Bowser ****ing Jr.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

They ALL have haters
Case in point: no matter who's put into Brawl, there are still bound to be people that are going to be angry at who was chosen. From the looks of things, Sakurai's goal appears to be to make the most amount of people but, at the same time, put in his own interests for the game. Lucky for the fans, many of his interests are the same as our as we all have seen by the characters that were mentioned more then once in his "journal." Seriously, with characters like King Dedede, Diddy, Ike, Metaknight, Pit, Wario, and Sonic making the cut, it's very easy to see that Sakurai is fully aware of what the fans want for this game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
BTW, Krystal is somehow winning against the Almighty Bowser HERE...

Go and vote for him!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys, I figured since Sakurai said there would be more third parties, Geno's party status doesn't even matter anymore.
That's what I've been saying from the beggining!

I'm hoping for Bomberman, Megaman and Geno!!!

BTW, Krystal is somehow winning against the Almighty Bowser HERE...

Go and vote for him!

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys!
It's been a while, and thought I'd post. I haven't checked the new update today considering I'm in school and I have a risk of being kicked out of the computer lab... Even though I'm on this site. xD

I was thinking a while ago, about Geno (obviously). Did you guys ever think that Sakurai knows that theres a lot of people who's hoping for Geno, and may not even announce him, even though he could be placed in the game? Just so Geno could be a mega big surprise? I'm just saying that even if he isn't announced on dojo before the release date, I'm not gonna lose hope... ;D

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys!
It's been a while, and thought I'd post. I haven't checked the new update today considering I'm in school and I have a risk of being kicked out of the computer lab... Even though I'm on this site. xD

I was thinking a while ago, about Geno (obviously). Did you guys ever think that Sakurai knows that theres a lot of people who's hoping for Geno, and may not even announce him, even though he could be placed in the game? Just so Geno could be a mega big surprise? I'm just saying that even if he isn't announced on dojo before the release date, I'm not gonna lose hope... ;D

I'm pretty sure that Sakurai is aware that a lot of people are in favor of Geno's appearance (as a playable character) in Brawl. Anything is possible, but I'm hoping he's released BEFORE the game comes out because there will be rumors galore on how to "unlock him" even if he isn't in the game. Remember the whole "Omgz Sonicz is in Melee?"

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
yea well the Sonic rumor came from a major gamer magazine article... as an April fools joke and then continued from there but yea i hope Sakurai will consider us when her decides to tell us before or not =)

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
RUMOR-TIME, EVERYONE!

http://tim.cstj.net/etudiant/2004/0445759/GENOCONFIRMED/newsStory.htm

Supposedly Geno is confirmed, and will have an update tomorrow.

I'm excited, but I won't be getting my hopes up - at least not any higher than they usually are, when it comes to Geno.

Well the grammar is a bit off in that report, so it doesn't really seem professional or official but I'm glad they're optimistic. If and ONLY if Geno is confirmed tomorrow chances are it would be 100% coincidental.

Geno for Brawl!!!!!!! :p

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
What I'm also wondering is why people at Nintendo would leak Geno to them and why was it JUST Geno that was leaked? I mean if its true, then thats awesome.. but it just doesn't seem legit. It looks like it was written by a fan with high hopes.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Rumors. You hate them, yet pray for them to be true. I guess only time will tell. Until then, I'm going to look into this much, much deeper.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah ****it, I wish that were true....I'm going to stay up for the update hoping of course, but the source of that looks shady

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
How is that fake? It was written by a 1up editor and is on 1up itself, one of the largest online videogame sites. Is there any solid proof that this is fake?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How is that fake? It was written by a 1up editor and is on 1up itself, one of the largest online videogame sites. Is there any solid proof that this is fake?
It looks like a fake version of 1up, look at the address for one, also, if you click on the RSS, it doesn't show this

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
It looks like a fake version of 1up, look at the address for one, also, if you click on the RSS, it doesn't show this
ah heck you're right, it's a fake >___________>. Should have known from the "straight from Nintendo's office" line T_T . Though I will say that for a fake that one is pretty impressive.

EDIT:
the site's url is this: http://tim.cstj.net/etudiant/2004/0445759/GENOCONFIRMED/newsStory.htm

if you just go to this:
http://tim.cstj.net it leads to some French site. So yea, no question a fake T_T .

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ah heck you're right, it's a fake >___________>. Should have known from the "straight from Nintendo's office" line T_T . Though I will say that for a fake that one is pretty impressive.

EDIT: the site's url is this: http://tim.cstj.net/etudiant/2004/0445759/GENOCONFIRMED/newsStory.htm

if you just go to this:
http://tim.cstj.net it leads to some French site. So yea, no question a fake T_T .
Look what it leads to if you click http://tim.cstj.net/etudiant/2004/0445759/

This is a very strange site

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
O shi- and just when I thought the SMRPG rumor was the best I'd ever heard. If that article didn't look so dang seedy, I'd be crying with joy right now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bomberman..? I'd expect at least one from each Third Party company, so what company owns Bomberman?
Hudson, but technically Hudson is owned NOW by Konami and Nintendo...

Didn't stop him from representing Hudson, and not Konami in DreamMix TV World Fighters, but then again, that came out 4 years ago

Top Bottom