• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_mario_rpg#Virtual_Console

^ a b c d Mark Bozon (Bozon-IGN) (2006-11-08). IGN: Virtual Console Gets Updated Again. Wii Launch Guide. IGN.com. Retrieved on 2006-11-20. “When it comes to gathering clues for potential Virtual Console titles, Nintendo isn't always the best source to get answers from. The company has its priorities during this holiday season, and for that reason fans have been looking elsewhere for details in regard to what the Wii's unique retro catalog will offer. The ESRB (Entertainment Software Ratings Board) has already helped us confirm multiple titles expected to hit Wii early next year, and we've received an updated list just this morning... Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)”

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
C'mon people...It's not like they were doin' anything big...Just don't bother will small stuff like that.

So does that mean Mario RPG this year still...or next year some time...or what?

Turtlefox

Smash Cadet
So uhh, how do you pronounce Geno? I can't start an argument with my friends without first know how one says his name. Is it Jee-no? Geh-no? Jeh-no? Anything else I Can't think of?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So uhh, how do you pronounce Geno? I can't start an argument with my friends without first know how one says his name. Is it Jee-no? Geh-no? Jeh-no? Anything else I Can't think of?
Jean-Oh is the pronunciation. It IS a real name, therefor would have it's pronunciation

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Like the guy above me said, Jean-O is how you pronounce it, but I like to pronounce it " Geh-Noh".
Pronouncing it how you want doesn't make it the real pronunciation. Officially it's Jean-Oh, but I guess you can pronounce it whatever you feel like. It doesn't really make a difference

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, yes...It doesn't really matter how his name is pronounced really///

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Pronouncing it how you want doesn't make it the real pronunciation. Officially it's Jean-Oh, but I guess you can pronounce it whatever you feel like. It doesn't really make a difference
I didn't say that " Geh-Noh" was the real pronounciation, just that I like to pronounce it that way, like To-may-toh, and to-mah-toh. I KNOW Jean-O is how you really pronounce it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What the hell, why would it be Jean-o? Everyone Ive talked to says it like jeh-no.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think you mean "traditionally" not "officially".

And...shouldn't we be looking at the Japanese for pronunciation?
If it were a Japanese name, but it's Italian, like how Mario is an Italian name, therefore has the Italian pronunciation.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
It is pronounced jee-no.
The TRADITIONAL name is pronounced that way. Mario is Italian, AND we've heard him pronounce his own name - thus, we know how it's pronounced. SMRPG's Geno is nowhere NEAR Italian, and we've heard NO pronunciation of his name thus far - therefore, THERE IS STILL NO OFFICIAL PRONUNCIATION OF THIS GENO'S NAME. It being spelled the same way as the TRADITIONAL pronunciation, means NOTHING.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
The TRADITIONAL name is pronounced that way. Mario is Italian, AND we've heard him pronounce his own name - thus, we know how it's pronounced. SMRPG's Geno is nowhere NEAR Italian, and we've heard NO pronunciation of his name thus far - therefore, THERE IS STILL NO OFFICIAL PRONUNCIATION OF THIS GENO'S NAME. It being spelled the same way as the TRADITIONAL pronunciation, means NOTHING.
So, a character with an Italian name based on a character from an Italian story (Pinocchio), in a game starring a person (Mario) with an Italian accent and name...Doesn't have the Italian pronunciation because no one specifically says HOW to pronounce it?

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Dark, just because there are BASE similarities between the two, that in no way means it's BASED off of Pinocchio. Honestly, now you're just sounding silly.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Who cares how it is pronounced. Just pronounce it however you feel comfortable pronouncing it. I pronounce it G-No. Can we just talk about something else Geno now?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Who cares how it is pronounced. Just pronounce it however you feel comfortable pronouncing it. I pronounce it G-No. Can we just talk about something else Geno now?
Like what...we've talked about everything related to him...

Top Bottom