• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
It's fake? **** it all - why the hell do people constantly feel the need to do that sort of crap?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Geno has become the new Sonic.

What do you mean by that?

All I got to say about this so called Geno being announced this week. I don't know what to beleive but I think Geno's chances in being in Brawl would look even better if the Super Mario RPG sequel is confirmed. That would be similar to how the Mario and Sonic games was announced and I knew that there was really good chance for Sonic to be in Brawl and sure enough he was announced a month before Mario and Sonic's release. Seeing how Mario RPG will be released on VC and now there may be a sequel. If this is all true then Geno ia for sure in Brawl. As for him being announced tonight or this week. I'm not sure bout that. What shocks me the most is that this news made it to 1UP.COM. Now that some $hit.

D

Deleted member

Oh man...
I am getting heated up and teary eyed now.

It is getting epic. This is gonna send a real shock to the world. Whether you hate him or love him, thi'll be BIG and I mean BIIIIIIG. Adrenaline is already pumping through my veins and, my god, if this is true than I am glad that Dec. 3rd wasn't the release date.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I spoke too soon the 1up thing is fake and I barly just found out. My bad but the SMRPG legacy or whatever they are called still give us hope I guess.

courte

Smash Lord
i support geno!!-- seeing as how smr had a particular battle system such as the one seen in paper mario and superstar saga--pressing buttons on contact of moves after initiation--should that be implemented into some of his finger shot attacks

D

Deleted member

You know, this isn't the Chuck Norris thread guys. I think we all should stay on topic before the topic gets closed.

kthxbai

courte

Smash Lord
Well to us anyways... but to the Krystal fans Krystal is the new Sonic, Megaman to megaman fans and such. So while is wish he could get in like Sonic i wouldnt compare them!:)
\mcfox close his own thread??... more like we all get 4 points for compromising rules and intelligence

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Oh no. They're all banned. I was just dropping in to say hi and see how bad I would get flamed. :p
And how, pray tell, did you manage to get unbanned?

Besides, we don't really have much reason to trust you, do we? Seeing as you and your buddies spammed the hell out of our thread (unprovoked, I might add) and conspired to repeat the raid several times. You can't expect to feel very welcome.

On topic, I think we're in for a big update once Sakurai's done with all these crappy gameplay announcements. I'm hoping for a new character...like Geno, for example! :3

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
From what I understand, SMRPG Legacy has the only non-debunked rumor up right now from a quick google search, and even then, the guy in question has done some research that seems to more support Crono than Geno. While more power to you if Geno makes it in, he seems like a very...Mario-esque character.. I suppose that's the whole Geno vs. Crono debate that I don't want to get into.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
From what I understand, SMRPG Legacy has the only non-debunked rumor up right now from a quick google search, and even then, the guy in question has done some research that seems to more support Crono than Geno. While more power to you if Geno makes it in, he seems like a very...Mario-esque character.. I suppose that's the whole Geno vs. Crono debate that I don't want to get into.
Crono wasn't on the poll...like, at all...

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Why would Geno fit in less than Crono? Its a Nintendo fighter and Geno is a third party Mario character and will only be found in Mario games. Crono on the other hand was further ported to the godforsaken playstation. Geno is much more deserving even if he is barely known among mainstream audiences. A Nintendo fighter will have bias and therefore Geno should represent Square Enix in Brawl.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
The problem with Crono is not just his lack of demand when compared to Geno, but Crono's legal situation makes Geno's look simple. The guys who created Chrono Trigger are scattered all over the place, while SMRPG's main developers are conviently located at the head of Alpha Dream, the creators of the Mario & Luigi series. And as far as the base games, Chrono Trigger and SMRPG are about at the same level. And something tells me they'd go with the Mario character...

Now, I'm not against Crono. If by some chance he makes it, that's great. He's just not very likely.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Hey guys, sorry if I've been absent as of late, but I was just wondering if anyone has seen "Smash Kingdom" over on Newgrounds. It's a bunch of funny Smash Bros Brawl skits using sprites. I bring this up because Geno is included, not to mention a special ending feauring him telling Sakurai why he should be in. WARNING: strong language and possible sexual references.

Apologize if this is old.

LINK: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/413257

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Ya got a point with that?
Um, yeah. I mean that characters don't have to be on the poll to actually get in. Does in increase their chances? Of course! But they really don't have to be there. Pokemon Trainer and Sonic prove this point.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, sorry if I've been absent as of late, but I was just wondering if anyone has seen "Smash Kingdom" over on Newgrounds. It's a bunch of funny Smash Bros Brawl skits using sprites. I bring this up because Geno is included, not to mention a special ending feauring him telling Sakurai why he should be in. WARNING: strong language and possible sexual references.

*awesome pic*

Apologize if this is old.
Is it...YES!! It IS the same guys who do Bowser's Kingdom! *runs to watch*

Top Bottom