• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Good games Courage and deadjames.

Lag aside, those match ups, Jiggs can't take it, lol. Pika moved pretty quickly, I had to predict those quick-attacks to finally get a kill with Marth. That Peach vs. Jiggs match that almost went to time though, what even happened? xD Not going to say anything about Bowser and Ike. ;_; I swear I landed those Rests though. D:

The few games we played after were fun as well, Courage. As you might have seen, my Marth is the most SD prone character ever... I wasn't even going to try making a comeback after that dumb air dodge SD though. *PJSalt* Nice Charizard though, I'll get my revenge someday. :p

I really need to pick up a few more characters. Mewtwo just isn't my thing, lol. Roy doesn't feel natural to play...

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Good games Courage and deadjames.

Lag aside, those match ups, Jiggs can't take it, lol. Pika moved pretty quickly, I had to predict those quick-attacks to finally get a kill with Marth. That Peach vs. Jiggs match that almost went to time though, what even happened? xD Not going to say anything about Bowser and Ike. ;_; I swear I landed those Rests though. D:

The few games we played after were fun as well, Courage. As you might have seen, my Marth is the most SD prone character ever... I wasn't even going to try making a comeback after that dumb air dodge SD though. *PJSalt* Nice Charizard though, I'll get my revenge someday. :p

I really need to pick up a few more characters. Mewtwo just isn't my thing, lol. Roy doesn't feel natural to play...
If I can give you some Marth advice, try not fish for grabs so much, he has a CG at low percents, but once your opponent gets above 50% or so Marth really can't gain much from a grab other than a favorable stage position. Also, I'm not sure how you were able to predict my QA's because half the time I don't even know where I'm going, it's so hard to control it on wifi lol. Also for ZSS you should utilize up-b more and when you stun an opponent with dsmash and you want to get a kill fsmash is usually going to be the best option it's actually really powerful in P:M, it took me a bit to get used to it because it was almost useless in Brawl.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
If I can give you some Marth advice, try not fish for grabs so much, he has a CG at low percents, but once your opponent gets above 50% or so Marth really can't gain much from a grab other than a favorable stage position. Also, I'm not sure how you were able to predict my QA's because half the time I don't even know where I'm going, it's so hard to control it on wifi lol. Also for ZSS you should utilize up-b more and when you stun an opponent with dsmash and you want to get a kill fsmash is usually going to be the best option it's actually really powerful in P:M, it took me a bit to get used to it because it was almost useless in Brawl.
Any tips for me?

:yoshi: :006:

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Oops, I didn't even know I was fishing hard, lol. I actually didn't know that Marth had a chain grab... While we're on that topic, could you explain that one? :p Well, I just timed a move whenever I saw Pika pause for a bit, wasn't aiming for like, hard reads on positioning.

No way... are Up-B and F-smash actually good in this game? I honestly hadn't even thought of using them, because ZSS's B-air from D-smash was her bread and butter in Brawl, so I carried it over, and like you said, F-smash was terrible. ;P

Thanks for the advice, will (try to) incorporate those into my game play.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Any tips for me?

:yoshi: :006:
Well I haven't seen your Yoshi so I can't really comment on that but for Zard you seemed a little over-aggressive which is especially bad when you're fighting Bowser because he is pretty much the personification of his opponent's mistakes. Also don't be afraid to stay grounded more Zard has some excellent spacing tools on the ground even though his air-game is amazing, also try to learn the correct times to utilize crouch cancelling (which is never against Peach lol). Speaking of Peach you should utilize aerial glide-tossing and try to get more creative with your approaches it seemed like you favored dair more than any other option also she has CGs on many characters, she can chain dthrow to kill percents on most characters except for super floaty ones like Ivy, Zelda, Mewtwo, and Jiggs, and she can chain uthrow on spacies to like 50ish% and slightly less on other fast fallers like Falcon, Roy, Lucas, and MK (I think, I know for a fact it works on Falcon, but Idk about the others.)
Oops, I didn't even know I was fishing hard, lol. I actually didn't know that Marth had a chain grab... While we're on that topic, could you explain that one? :p Well, I just timed a move whenever I saw Pika pause for a bit, wasn't aiming for like, hard reads on positioning.

No way... are Up-B and F-smash actually good in this game? I honestly hadn't even thought of using them, because ZSS's B-air from D-smash was her bread and butter in Brawl, so I carried it over, and like you said, F-smash was terrible. ;P

Thanks for the advice, will (try to) incorporate those into my game play.
Marth has two CGs here's the first: fthrow x 2>dthrow>tippered fsmash, you have to do it a 0% but it works on most character. The second is uthrow on spacies it works from like low to mid percents (maybe like 80ish, Idk for sure) and you can finish with a utilt to keep juggling them.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Oh, in that case, I should not have a problem remembering the first since it's basically a Brawl chain grab as well. xD

I actually can't get the spacey chain grab, the regrab never comes out quickly enough. ;_;

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Hmm, oh i just put a pic of yoshi cuz, ya know he's awesome. But thanks for the zard and peach topz.
Haha yeah Yoshi is pretty awesome, especially now that he actually has OoS options, who knew that was all it would take to make him a serious competitor and the addition of his ridiculous 64 utilt was a nice buff too.
Oh, in that case, I should not have a problem remembering the first since it's basically a Brawl chain grab as well. xD

I actually can't get the spacey chain grab, the regrab never comes out quickly enough. ;_;
It's pretty tough, you kind of have to grab when they're still above you, you should try to find some vids of M2K's Marth in Melee he's amazing at it.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Wut? Implying Brawl Yoshi ins't a serious competitor? :c

P:M Yoshi is purty broken in the hands of a very technical player imo

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Wut? Implying Brawl Yoshi ins't a serious competitor? :c

P:M Yoshi is purty broken in the hands of a very technical player imo
Yeah, Idk I think ICs are the most broken out of all the new characters, Big D discovered a new infinite for them. Of course I think Fox is the most broken character in the game taking the invincibility off of his shine was not nearly significant enough of a nerf imo.

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Is that a Summer Wars avatar, or am I just crazy?
It certainly is! I saw it over the weekend and i was like :O

P:M anyone? I've decided to pick up Diddy Kong. And not a single banana will be thrown.

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Bleh. the thread is a ghost town...
Here goes... anyone wanna play some P:M?

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
Aight, adding and hosting

Edit: GGs man. Dat lag doe D:

Edit 2: Anyone else for brawl or P:M? Cons?

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
GG's MXXD. ZSS irritates me.
Any comments on my stuffs?

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Aight, adding and hosting

Edit: GGs man. Dat lag doe D:

Edit 2: Anyone else for brawl or P:M? Cons?
sure! we could play for a bit.

Dangit! Doublepost... (please dont hurt me, all powerful/ever watchful Mods)

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
GG's as always L&B! after a few of those ike matches i got my crazy emotions in check, and i could actually focus. lol.
You get better everytime i play you, it took me by surprise! i also noticed that you've added Pika to your team.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Ace:

GG, you left early tho. I hate your ZSS, that side b fishing lol

P:M anyone else? Perhaps dubs?

Add 5158 6088 5091

Top Bottom