• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
How can anything be more satisfying than Rest!? In that case, I need to try Luigi some day to compare. ;)
Well with Luigi you can land it OoS a lot easier, plus the setups for it are some much less awkward, you just need a well-spaced jab cancel to combo into it. Also landing fsmashes with Bowser is pretty satisfying, same with solar beams and the sweet-spot of vine whip with Ivysaur. Oh and both Ike's neutral b and quick-draw are an OHKO fully charged on every character regardless of percent and DI those are probably the most satisfying moves to land.
To a one "Someonerandom": no mercy for the heavies!!-- :jigglypuffmelee:

Your Marth left me teetering on the brink of insanity. You read my every tech, it was unbearable.... You almost had me screaming at my T.V. :laugh:
Actually Jiggs worst MUs are heavy, Bowser and Ike. Wario also used to be able to OHKO her if he only connected the first hit-box of his up-b, but I don't know if that's still a thing in 3.0. That brings up an interesting question though, I wonder how the Jiggs/Toon Link MU goes in P:M because in Melee Young Link absolutely destroyed her.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, Bros and someonerandom, I finally had all I could take of the lag I was tired of missing techs and getting hit by combos that should've been easily avoidable. Lol Peach/Jiggs is too strong though.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Ace: GG's LOL. There were some really close ones. I screwed up so much by K.O'ing Bros M on accident ;-;
Nice Jigglypuff Will. Awesome off-stage play you did.
Nice Mario DJ. You play him so simliar on how I played Mario on brawl :p

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
lmao, those were some lopsided games we had going on there.

Good games, all of you guys.

Sorry I wasn't switching it up much deadjames, but I didn't have much smooth control over my inputs, plus ZSS with input lag is a nightmare. Perhaps next time. But man, I was missing all of my Rests. D: Finally nailed my Rest OoS that last hit though.

Anyway, that Roy is kind of crazy, we'll see how he fares during 1v1s. ;P My Jiggs had some trouble with Ivysaur and Squirtle as well. How ironic, playing as a Pokemon, I do terribly against other Pokemon...

Also, dat Peach, that's all I have to say. ;)

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Ace: GG's LOL. There were some really close ones. I screwed up so much by K.O'ing Bros M on accident ;-;
Nice Jigglypuff Will. Awesome off-stage play you did.
Nice Mario DJ. You play him so simliar on how I played Mario on brawl :p
Thanks! Well I main Doc in Melee so it transitions pretty well to P:M because Mario basically has all the best aspects of his Melee self and Doc rolled into one, minus Doc's up-b cancel, apparently they couldn't reproduce it in P:M because they had issues with Mario's Brawl character model.
lmao, those were some lopsided games we had going on there.

Good games, all of you guys.

Sorry I wasn't switching it up much deadjames, but I didn't have much smooth control over my inputs, plus ZSS with input lag is a nightmare. Perhaps next time. But man, I was missing all of my Rests. D: Finally nailed my Rest OoS that last hit though.

Anyway, that Roy is kind of crazy, we'll see how he fares during 1v1s. ;P My Jiggs had some trouble with Ivysaur and Squirtle as well. How ironic, playing as a Pokemon, I do terribly against other Pokemon...

Also, dat Peach, that's all I have to say. ;)
Dude I flipped out when you landed that rest OoS, that was hype! But yeah I decided to main Peach now because everyone keeps sleeping on my Peach thinking she's just a pocket character, I'm determined to take Strong Bad down with Peach based on something he said to me the last time we fought in tournament.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Bros M: GGs DJ and SR. That Jiggly kept confusing me so hard, I would end up forward smashing Ace :(

The confusion lasted for a while too. I just made some soup and I looked in the fridge for a fork, and as soon as I got my fork, I realized that I was going to eat soup and got a spoon instead D:
The Jiggles kept screwing up my Sonic when trying to get on stage, well played xD

DJ, you get me taunt happy. Every time you taunt, I get that sudden urge just to taunt uncontrollably xD. Dat Peach and the Down Smash spam on the platform, it took me a while to notice what you were trying to do.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Bros M: GGs DJ and SR. That Jiggly kept confusing me so hard, I would end up forward smashing Ace :(

The confusion lasted for a while too. I just made some soup and I looked in the fridge for a fork, and as soon as I got my fork, I realized that I was going to eat soup and got a spoon instead D:
The Jiggles kept screwing up my Sonic when trying to get on stage, well played xD

DJ, you get me taunt happy. Every time you taunt, I get that sudden urge just to taunt uncontrollably xD. Dat Peach and the Down Smash spam on the platform, it took me a while to notice what you were trying to do.
Haha yeah I figured it would stop working after a while, I just wanted to see whether you guys knew not to attack Peach from below and I just can't help taunting with Peach and Pikachu their taunts are just so adorable.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman

LOL, real life mindgames now? Mission accomplished. ;)

Man, I always feel disrespectful taunting, lol. However, that wasn't a problem because whenever I landed something cool, deadjames was always there to taunt for me. xD

Edit: all of these liked posts, I can just imagine the notification count.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
LOL, real life mindgames now? Mission accomplished. ;)

Man, I always feel disrespectful taunting, lol. However, that wasn't a problem because whenever I landed something cool, deadjames was always there to taunt for me. xD

Edit: all of these liked posts, I can just imagine the notification count.
I usually only taunt when I'm salty or land a cool move/combo, unless I'm Peach or Pikachu in which case I taunt every chance I get lol.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I usually only taunt when I'm salty or land a cool move/combo, unless I'm Peach or Pikachu in which case I taunt every chance I get lol.
Salty taunts? I need to add that to my list of ways to vent, lol.

I haven't seen that Pikachu yet. I think I remember you saying something like how he was too technical to play on wifi.

You say that, but everytime I had the chance to 1 v 1 you, I got murked imo. So I'd just run and help Bros M against DJ lol. L:
lol, dat modesty. ;) I couldn't get in past the F-smash and aerials for the majority of the time, so when I did, I tried making it count. ;P

Anyway, I don't suppose anyone would be up for some more P:M? Want to make the most of this break because I probably won't be on much when exams start in January. D: Plus, it's just a really fun game, lol.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Salty taunts? I need to add that to my list of ways to vent, lol.

I haven't seen that Pikachu yet. I think I remember you saying something like how he was too technical to play on wifi.
I'll try to break him out next time we play. I'm sure there's a lot of my characters you haven't seen because Bowser and Ike are like the only two I feel comfortable with against Jiggs lol. I feel like my Fox is starting to get better though and shine>wavedash>usmash is like the bane of Jiggs' existence.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GG, SR and Courage, lag was getting a little bad so I had to get off. So what do you think of my Pika? I think I did alright, but I usually SD at least once a match because of a messed up QaC or ledge sweetspot, you have some pretty mean tech chases with Zard Courage, your neutral game seems like it could use a little work, but then that Zard would be scary.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
GGs guys! <3 Charizard

You guys got some nice characters and tech skill to boot. Yea i do suppose i should work on my nuetral game more. But its so hard seeing as it could go to an advantageous or disadvantagout state so quickly.

...Jigglypuff be wack btw

Top Bottom