• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Umm, thats cool but what happened to Luigi and i think pikachu? xD Idk you used to play them in brawl
I still use them in P:M, but Luigi struggles in a lot of MUs because so many characters have tools to stuff his approach options, and I don't use Pika on wifi because he is one of the most technically demanding characters in the game which is something that lag doesn't really facilitate.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Sorry, I'm still here! Internet wanted to be moronic. I can only do two matches, is that okay?

Edit: Sorry, gotta go now. But I'll be back on later at some point. Again, sorry my browser crashed

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
*Raises hand*

I've been lurking this thread for so long for someone to ask. :p You host?
Hey! Sorry! i went back in the thread to see what was goin on and completely forgot to check my notifications!
By the time you have read this I will have already started up a room and will be waiting.

Kubo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Calkubo
3DS FC
2294-6040-1182
But you DCd. I was changing my controller, even posted it

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
GG's, James... Agh, Brawl is still so stuck in my head sometimes. Gonna take a while to get used to this. Lol. But you're an awesome player, BTW.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs, CaptainKirby, you may want to study up on Kirby and Yoshi because it seemed like you were trying to do Brawl stuff with them, but it definitely wasn't working out for you, they are both closer to their Melee iterations and thus are more combo oriented characters that don't really have the tools to camp, in fact there are very characters that can play passively in this game and still be successful, P:M actually rewards aggressive play unlike Brawl.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
GGs, CaptainKirby, you may want to study up on Kirby and Yoshi because it seemed like you were trying to do Brawl stuff with them, but it definitely wasn't working out for you, they are both closer to their Melee iterations and thus are more combo oriented characters that don't really have the tools to camp, in fact there are very characters that can play passively in this game and still be successful, P:M actually rewards aggressive play unlike Brawl.

Thanks for the tidbit. I feel like I need to work on my tech skill/approaching game, too, because their are many moments where my mind goes blank in certain situations because I've been so hard-pressed from Brawl all this time. I'll look into what I can.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Thanks for the tidbit. I feel like I need to work on my tech skill/approaching game, too, because their are many moments where my mind goes blank in certain situations because I've been so hard-pressed from Brawl all this time. I'll look into what I can.
Well Kirby has tons of mixups for approaching, dash attack, final cutter, dair, and bair are all good options, as for Yoshi egg roll, nair, dair, and bair are some of his best approach options. Or if you're fighting an opponent that likes to crouch cancel a lot dash cancelled smash attacks are always good approaches as well.

Edit: Also tech skill is definitely important, but I wouldn't be extraordinarily worried about it on wifi because it's really hard to be as precises as you need to be.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Well Kirby has tons of mixups for approaching, dash attack, final cutter, dair, and bair are all good options, as for Yoshi egg roll, nair, dair, and bair are some of his best approach options. Or if you're fighting an opponent that likes to crouch cancel a lot dash cancelled smash attacks are always good approaches as well.

Mmm. To think that nair and dair are now practical weaving moves (and Yoshi's dair and egg roll, for that matter)... Well, I'll start knowing more with time. :b

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Mmm. To think that nair and dair are now practical weaving moves (and Yoshi's dair and egg roll, for that matter)... Well, I'll start knowing more with time. :b
Yeah egg roll is amazing now, it's like a slower version of Sonic's spin dash, plus can cancel it into like whatever you want after it makes contact.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
*salt salt salt*

Just kidding, good games, Cons! Though, missing that crucial second Rest on that last game was pretty heart-breaking. :p

It was going pretty well aside from random input lag, but then dang, the game practically played out in slow motion for a few games. xD Man, I can't get that DK. Sometimes I get in and let Jiggs do cool stuff with Rest, and sometimes I get walled out and combo'd into oblivion. On a side note, Troll-out is actually hilarious for covering get ups, so much better than in Brawl.

Also, I hope you didn't mind my little tech-chasing game, lol. It has to be the most fun thing about Project M for me besides landing Rests (best thing ever, period), so I went a little overboard when we were messing around.

It's been fun, let's play again sometime. ;)

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
*salt salt salt*

Just kidding, good games, Cons! Though, missing that crucial second Rest on that last game was pretty heart-breaking. :p

It was going pretty well aside from random input lag, but then dang, the game practically played out in slow motion for a few games. xD Man, I can't get that DK. Sometimes I get in and let Jiggs do cool stuff with Rest, and sometimes I get walled out and combo'd into oblivion. On a side note, Troll-out is actually hilarious for covering get ups, so much better than in Brawl.

Also, I hope you didn't mind my little tech-chasing game, lol. It has to be the most fun thing about Project M for me besides landing Rests (best thing ever, period), so I went a little overboard when we were messing around.

It's been fun, let's play again sometime. ;)
Fire Jump Punch > Rest.

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
To a one "Someonerandom": no mercy for the heavies!! - :jigglypuffmelee:

Your Marth left me teetering on the brink of insanity. You read my every tech, it was unbearable.... You almost had me screaming at my T.V. :laugh:

And yes, we will have to play again sometime!

Top Bottom