• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Following the idea that Megaman could copy Nintendo characters' abilities that are not represented in the game, here are a few examples I could think of.

-Mario: Ice Ball (same as fire balls, but on high percentages these can freeze for a brief period)
-Luigi: Thunder ball (same as his fire ball, but these shock and stun longer)
-Peach: Music Shield (Super Princess Peach) Whips up a shield of music notes.
-Bowser: Flame throws (throws the long range fire beams from SMB)

-DK: Coconut Gun (fires coconuts)
-Diddy: ???
-Yoshi: Koopa Shell
-Wario: Dragon breath (from Warioland, works similar to flamethrower)

-Link: Holy Arrows (these arrows aren't affected by gravity)
-Zelda: ??? (suggestion here)
-Ganondorf: Dark shock ball (from Ocarina of Time)
-Toon Link: suggestion here

-Samus: Ice missiles
-Pit: (suggestion here)
-Ice Climber: Random fruit toss
-ROB: Reflector beam (short range widespread beam that causes little damage but deflects things

-Kirby: Tornado vacuum (Return to Dreamland) Powerful version of absorbing. (Doesn't copy ability twice)
-Metaknight: Sword boomerang
-Dedede: Bomb throw
-Captain Olimar: Stone Pikmin. :D

-Fox: Charge Laser
-Falco: Barrel Roll
-Wolf: Twin Laser
-Captain Falcon: Rising Raptor

-Pika: Zap Cannon
-Char: Fire Spin (works like Ness' PK fire)
-Ivy: Poison Powder (poisons target for a brief moment)
-Squi: Bubblebeam (damages opponents, and bubbles slow them down)
-Jiggly: Swift (fires energy stars in 3 directions)
-Lucario: Dynamic Punch (sorta Warlock Punch-esque attack)

-Ness: PK Rockin
-Lucas: PK Love
-Marth: Shield Breaker (Melee)
-Ike: Fire beam slash

-Sonic: x2 Speed Momentarily increase in movement speed.
-Snake: Grenade launcher (these grenades blow up on impact
-G&W: Trampoline barrier (sets up a barrier which rebounds opponents who touch it)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think it would be much too hard to program unique attacks for Megaman. I'd say he could just be like Kirby and gains an attack from a characters move set pool.

Such as Mario's Fireball, Donkey Kong's Giant Punch, Zelda's Dins Fire, or Pit's Palutena Bow

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Of all the Mega Mans that I've seen, I seem to pretty much favor Mega Man X. Of course, I've never played any of the Mega Man titles, so I wouldn't really know what to think.

[collapse=Mega Man X]
[/collapse]

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anyone has already brought this up in here as I haven't read all the replies, but Megaman could take a very Kirby take on smash bros but in megaman style. By this I man when megaman gets a kill, he takes a part for an upgrade. ex. Megaman kills mario, use down B to switch your gun to a fireball cannon, he then kills Ness, you can use down B again to switch to a tazer like weapon. But you still have the ability to go back to the fireball cannon as in as he kills, he gets stronger. Things like Killing Rob(I hope hes not in ssb4 though) and getting metal blades or killing kirby and getting an air gun would make for a versatile fighter.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't know if anyone has already brought this up in here as I haven't read all the replies, but Megaman could take a very Kirby take on smash bros but in megaman style. By this I man when megaman gets a kill, he takes a part for an upgrade. ex. Megaman kills mario, use down B to switch your gun to a fireball cannon, he then kills Ness, you can use down B again to switch to a tazer like weapon. But you still have the ability to go back to the fireball cannon as in as he kills, he gets stronger. Things like Killing Rob(I hope hes not in ssb4 though) and getting metal blades or killing kirby and getting an air gun would make for a versatile fighter.
I always liked this idea.

My idea is pretty similar, except that when you know you're KOing an opponent, you hold a taunt button. The special ability will be "saved" to the taunt button that you held while you made KO.

While you KO'd say... Mario, you pressed up taunt
While you KO'd say... Link, you pressed side taunt.
While you KO'd say... Captain Falcon, you pressed down taunt...
(all in the same battle)

So now you'd be able to access your recorded abilities to replace B:
-Uptaunt will grant you access to Mario's fireballs
-Downtaunt will grant you access to the Falcon Punch
-Sidetaunt will grant you access to the Arrows.

If you want to switch your weapon back to normal Buster cannon, then you just double press a taunt button.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Back during the pre-Brawl days, I used to envision a Megaman reveal trailer with the Megaman 8 opening playing. Would always send chills down my spine (nerd), maybe it will happen this time.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If Megaman does become revealed, I would love to see them parody the Robot Master select screen with the varies Super Smash Bros. characters. Then the cursor picks Megaman and cuts to gameplay footage of Megaman doing his own thing, and then ends with the game's logo and his helmet in the corner.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This picture from an upcoming comic Mega Man/Sonic the Hedgehog comic crossover makes me want Mega Man even more in Smash Bros...[COLLAPSE="Click here for the picture"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Back during the pre-Brawl days, I used to envision a Megaman reveal trailer with the Megaman 8 opening playing. Would always send chills down my spine (nerd), maybe it will happen this time.
I've imagined that since the "pre-Wii reveal" days. I love that opening.

As for Mega Man's power absorbing abilities, I would expect no more than 2 dozen or so at best, if any at all. ;)

Bing

Smash Master
Honestly as a huge Megaman fan, I dont care which one they put in as long as he's in there.

I mean as X or the original he could do that copy shot and as .Exe he could still have a copy shot but it would be like his "style change" so if it was a larger character(D3, DK, Bowser etc) he would get like Guts Style etc.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think original would be best suited for this game. His style is probably the most iconic of all of the incarnations that he has had and a lot of what makes Smash Bros very unique is that is full of classic iconic characters from Nintendo's history. (as well some third party characters)

At the end of the day, the original Mega Man should be who they decide to put in this game.

EmeraldPhaze

Smash Cadet
I feel they should put in Megaman X just because he's gotten it bad for so long. His first games were amazing, my favourites being the first and the fourth. The third was fantastic as well. But when he got gipped out of MvC3, and Zero made it in instead.. I was irritated to say the least. And worse, he didn't even come out later as DLC, just a stupid costume change for Zero. Also, I think X's moveset could be pretty amazing if you based his moveset from just X4-X6 or even just X4 and X5. He has so much variety, it would be a shame not to bring him in. He has more than just robot masters' moves, he also has all of his armors to choose from.

MEGAMAN X FOR SSB4!!! :bee:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think original would be best suited for this game. His style is probably the most iconic of all of the incarnations that he has had and a lot of what makes Smash Bros very unique is that is full of classic iconic characters from Nintendo's history. (as well some third party characters)

At the end of the day, the original Mega Man should be who they decide to put in this game.
I couldn't agree more since I do love the MAIN Mega Man games than all the other spinoffs.

D

Deleted member

I think a better reveal would be a metal revision of the Mega Man 2 theme, but the "Electronic Communication" theme would be awesome. I like the English version, but it just isn't that good of a reveal song.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
I always liked this idea.

My idea is pretty similar, except that when you know you're KOing an opponent, you hold a taunt button. The special ability will be "saved" to the taunt button that you held while you made KO.

While you KO'd say... Mario, you pressed up taunt
While you KO'd say... Link, you pressed side taunt.
While you KO'd say... Captain Falcon, you pressed down taunt...
(all in the same battle)

So now you'd be able to access your recorded abilities to replace B:
-Uptaunt will grant you access to Mario's fireballs
-Downtaunt will grant you access to the Falcon Punch
-Sidetaunt will grant you access to the Arrows.

If you want to switch your weapon back to normal Buster cannon, then you just double press a taunt button.
I like the taunt idea, but I feel as there might be issues. The game doesn't really tell you how to play. It actually took me a while back in the melee days to figure out that I could even taunt, and then it was near the end of melee days that I discovered taunting got rid of kirby's ability. Also should the weapon get lets say up to 3 levels stronger if you kill someone more than once? Lets say I kill mario 2x, should the fireball be slightly bigger? Or maybe the tazer from ness goes a bit further? It caps at 3 so it doesn't OP in like 5+ life brawls

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Actually the Megaman games are well known to teach the player on how to play via stage design, not shoving it down your throat with annoying tutorials. Even more recent titles like Megaman 10 do this.

Super Smash Bros. also does this a lot too. Tutorials are regulated to the demo screen, which is completely optional and has simple enough controls to get used to but hard to master.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Those who want Rock to copy abilities from other fighters should know this.

He can only scan and copy tools and mechanical items. Nothing organic whatsoever.

D

Deleted member

Those who want Rock to copy abilities from other fighters should know this.

He can only scan and copy tools and mechanical items. Nothing organic whatsoever.
Didn't come to my mind until just then.

However, there is the suggestion that they stick Robot Master moves to him. I think it could be done and would be simpler than matching the copy ability to each character already in Smash.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Agreed. I'd rather they keep him simple (but not MvC moveset simple) so they can focus on a stage and music. IMO, copying from non-robots would be weird anyway. :p

BTW for a stage, anyone else think that Magnet Blocks are a must?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Didn't come to my mind until just then.

However, there is the suggestion that they stick Robot Master moves to him. I think it could be done and would be simpler than matching the copy ability to each character already in Smash.
This. That's exactly how the SSF2 devs made him in order to add as much Robot Master weapon representation in his moveset.

D

Deleted member

Johnknight1 said:
Why in the heck is this thread not super active=??? Do I need to take this over=???
Agree, this thread needs more activity.

One thing this thread needs is a proper OP post. I had been intending to make a Mega Man support thread once such opportunity came, but by the time I noticed this, Kish had already posted it.

I'll start working on it. The Blue Bomber deserves it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Agreed. I'd rather they keep him simple (but not MvC moveset simple) so they can focus on a stage and music. IMO, copying from non-robots would be weird anyway. :p

BTW for a stage, anyone else think that Magnet Blocks are a must?
You mean Yoku Blocks? The disappearing/reappearing ones? Maybe. It'd be damn annoying, and that sound they make will forever be part of my nightmares.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, to be fair, he'd be able to copy ROB, he's non-organic. Doubt they'd do anything about it, though...

Poor ROB. It must be awful being the only Robot.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
As long as they are NOT using the crappy-cover-artwork-megaman I'm fine.
But I think the classic one of the NES editions would be the best.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
IIRC, the only reason that Bad Box Art got in Street Fighter X Tekken was because the creator specifically requested it. I don't see them using BBA unless a similar situation occurs.

PressStart

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! I just now joined the forums to help show support for Mega Man. It was great reading all your posts.

I feel like the #1 thing fans can do for Mega Man is to always voice their support whenever the opportunity arises. I know we would like to think he's a "shoe-in", but even the most deserved newcomers can get overlooked if Nintendo doesn't see their names being called out for.

I'm currently running a "Mega Man for Smash Bros." website, so I'll be watching this topic with a sharp eye from now on!

D

Deleted member

Thanks for bumping this thread. Need a reason to get started on a proper OP for Mega Man.

Oh and glad to see you PressStart. I used to be on the Capcom Mega Man for SSB4 a lot. Linking to here would be nice.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm not a big Mega Man fan myself. But I really want to see Mega Man get in the game. I want to see a few friends of mine that are Mega Man fans be as happy as I was when I found out Sonic was going to be in Brawl. I think even with the big drama between Megaman fans and Capcom he is the new Sonic in terms of relating to Brawl's development. As he's the most highly requested 3rd party character. Let's just hope that just like Sonic during Brawl's development. He gets into the game.

D

Deleted member

bump

I have some good news. Today, I just got a lot of the new page done, but I'm going to need someone to look over it and perhaps suggest some major overhauls before I post it. If anyone wants to take a look at my work, post here and I'll PM it to you.

Also, here's the Mega Man for Super Smash Bros. 4 site. Need to make a reference section to this and hope that KishSquared comes back here.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
bump

I have some good news. Today, I just got a lot of the new page done, but I'm going to need someone to look over it and perhaps suggest some major overhauls before I post it. If anyone wants to take a look at my work, post here and I'll PM it to you.

Also, here's the Mega Man for Super Smash Bros. 4 site. Need to make a reference section to this and hope that KishSquared comes back here.
Awesome site.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hey everyone! I just now joined the forums to help show support for Mega Man. It was great reading all your posts.

I feel like the #1 thing fans can do for Mega Man is to always voice their support whenever the opportunity arises. I know we would like to think he's a "shoe-in", but even the most deserved newcomers can get overlooked if Nintendo doesn't see their names being called out for.

I'm currently running a "Mega Man for Smash Bros." website, so I'll be watching this topic with a sharp eye from now on!

Hey, Welcome to the forums!

Did you really read ALL THE POSTS? :O You must have time on your hands! :D

Anyways, great to see the Blue Bomber having so much support shown.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mega man would still be in my top wants for smash, but TBH I'm fairly certain if SM4SH gets ANY 3rd party it's going to be a Namco character

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think we should all agree Mega Man should have Zero's sword... and maybe X's wall jumping abilities! :shades:

Also, I think that if the "power stealing" thing were to be in smash, it should be robot masters' powers, not characters' powers. However, they should be related to a character. For example, you can't just randomly give Mega Man Metal Mans' blades after KO'ing Mario. Instead, give him a relate power; something related to either fire, jumping, or being an "all-around" type of character. Fire Man's power would do. His music would do, too. Similar things will all characters (when Mega Man gets powers after he KO's them).
Agree, this thread needs more activity.
I am here to bring that TO THIS HOUSE ROBOT MASTER!!!

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I'm still Pushing for alternate costumes for Ol' Rockman, I really want to play as Volnutt, if they had him in tatsunoko vs capcom they can do it in Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom