• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PressStart

Smash Cadet
Mega Man is the bombbbb

@Super Smash Bros. Fan
Thank you for supporting Mega Man, and working towards a proper OP for this thread! Also, thanks for linking the site; I finally got around to putting a link in my signature! I've also added links to this topic on the website, so hopefully more fans will join and show support.

@SonicMario
I remember in the days of Brawl's development being both sad and happy at Sonic's announcement. I'm definitely a huge Mega Man fan, so him losing out to Sonic was a little disheartening. Sonic's a great character too, though, and his introduction trailer online was amazing to watch. I would love nothing more than for Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man to all be in one game!

@8-peacock-8
Thank you!

@shinhed-echi
Well uhm...I may have skimmed, somewhat! I'm glad to have finally joined.

@PsychoIncarnate
If there's no Mega Man, I hope there's at least a Pac-Man!

@Johnknight1
I think this would be a killer idea; using old, but related powers that make sense in context of the current roster while calling back to Mega Man's history. I feel like he'd gain a Leaf Shield from Captain Olimar!

@VictoryIsMudkipz
While I'm rooting for "classic" Mega Man, any version of the Blue Bomber would be great. I love all of the series.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah just heard about that, there's a LOT of negative reaction coming from the Megaman community (myself included) towards it. Good concept (fusing the series), just terrible excecution (system, current gameplay and graphics).

Doesn't mean anything though, as Megaman never died.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Yeah just heard about that, there's a LOT of negative reaction coming from the Megaman community (myself included towards it). Good concept (fusing the series), just terrible excecution (system, current gameplay and graphics).

Doesn't mean anything though, as Megaman never died.
Why they made a game for iOS? Are capcom crazy? There was a great time since a megaman game for a console! And them they return him with THAT! This will just make people outraged!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think we should all agree Mega Man should have Zero's sword... and maybe X's wall jumping abilities! :shades:

Also, I think that if the "power stealing" thing were to be in smash, it should be robot masters' powers, not characters' powers. However, they should be related to a character. For example, you can't just randomly give Mega Man Metal Mans' blades after KO'ing Mario. Instead, give him a relate power; something related to either fire, jumping, or being an "all-around" type of character. Fire Man's power would do. His music would do, too. Similar things will all characters (when Mega Man gets powers after he KO's them).

I am here to bring that TO THIS HOUSE ROBOT MASTER!!!
As far as Zero's sword... Nah... I think it's overrated, and something Capcom has been trying to spoonfeed us regarding the inability to come up with a moveset.

As far as copy abilities... here's something I came up with that MIGHT serve as a little middle grounds for pro-Copy ability VS pro-Robot Masters abilities.

Instead of carbon-copying the exact same powers KIRBY copies, we could have him representing those copied powers through Robot Masters powers..

Example:

Mario: Fire shot (Fire Man)
Ike: Fire Sword (Sword Man)
Sheik: Shadow Stars (Shadow Man)
Pikachu: Electric wave (Elec Man)
Ice Climbers: Blizzard (Blizzard Man)

etc.

That... or whatever, I guess I could go with him using Robot master abilities for his regular attacks... I just wanted to avoid this at all costs. XD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only thing that interests me is the concept, which seems very poorly executed. I barely game on my iphone, so I'm probably just going to pass on this one.

Plus "Xover" is stupid. :p

*sighs* I know Megaman isn't dead like people claim, but I really do wish for a new game. Other than this one. Oh well, maybe I'll go into the back catalogue again. :ohwell:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This wouldn't be the first time a mediocre Megaman game was on the phone, but because of the interest of IOS these days it's much more noticeable. Let's just hope Megaman's 25th anniversary turns out great later on, otherwise we might get something similar to Sonic's 15 anniversary.

D

Deleted member

This wouldn't be the first time a mediocre Megaman game was on the phone, but because of the interest of IOS these days it's much more noticeable. Let's just hope Megaman's 25th anniversary turns out great later on, otherwise we might get something similar to Sonic's 15 anniversary.
I've heard that Mega Man's anniversary technically doesn't start until December of this year, though I may have heard wrong. If not, I hope something good comes quick because I really want more than just Smash to look forward to.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I've heard that Mega Man's anniversary technically doesn't start until December of this year, though I may have heard wrong. If not, I hope something good comes quick because I really want more than just Smash to look forward to.
Yeah Campcom said that them are preparng some surprises to Wii U, some people think that this is a Resident Evil 6, but this can give hope to our beloved Mega Man

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before. And I don't want any of my fellow Megaman fans taking this the wrong way.

But I don't know what to think of Megaman's chances in SSB4. I mean... Sakurai apparently wants developers to come to HIM to get their characters in SSB.

1.- What would be the odds that Capcom devs would approach Sakurai.
and
2.- What would be the odds of them requesting Sakurai to put in Mega Man from all of their characters?

I realised this when looking at "Donte" in PS-ASBR (hate the model, but I'll give it a chance). Capcom's just for the advertisement.. so I wonder what would make it different in SSB4, with no Megaman games on the radar.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
A
Mario: Fire shot (Fire Man)
Ike: Fire Sword (Sword Man)
Sheik: Shadow Stars (Shadow Man)
Pikachu: Electric wave (Elec Man)
Ice Climbers: Blizzard (Blizzard Man)
That's a neat idea. There would have to be a lot of tweaking to find the right match-up with every character (in Smash and Mega Man), but it'd be an interesting take.

That... or whatever, I guess I could go with him using Robot master abilities for his regular attacks... I just wanted to avoid this at all costs. XD
Actually, I think Mega Man could excel without using Robot Master moves. For instance:

Special: Mega Buster (3x shot, charged, or copied ability)
Side Special: Absorb/Copy
Up Special: Teleport Up (recovery)
Down Special: Slide
Final Smash: Rush (Mega Man can ride atop Rush, shooting a more powerful Mega Buster at opponents).

It's funny--when Smash 4 was first announced I thought there was a pretty good chance Mega Man would get it, and assumed it'd be an outside shot that Pac-Man would enter the roster. Now, I feel like it's completely flipped...

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
A little "What If."

Let's say there was a special mode for Rock where he faces the original 8 Smashers in the style of his games.

What would you say?

Actually, I think Mega Man could excel without using Robot Master moves. For instance:

Special: Mega Buster (3x shot, charged, or copied ability)
Side Special: Absorb/Copy
Up Special: Teleport Up (recovery)
Down Special: Slide
Final Smash: Rush (Mega Man can ride atop Rush, shooting a more powerful Mega Buster at opponents).
I say that earlier! Though, I had a different moveset in mind.

D

Deleted member

@shinhed_echi: Capcom has stated interest in having Mega Man in Smash with Capcom USA relying the idea of putting Mega Man in Japan and Ono did state he wanted Mega Man. If Capcom were to contact Sakurai on whom to add, it would be Mega Man. I don't think they would ask for anyone else.

Oh and they are making an iOS game, but the only reason why I posted it in this thread was to prove that he has games coming out. It doesn't really mean anything towards his chances.

@asia_catdog_blue: That'd be pretty cool to see. It'd never happen, but I'm all for it.

BTW, I saw the same topic posted on GameFAQs. Do you by any chance have an account on there?

Edit: nvm, saw you had an account.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think the "Smash Masters" idea could be implemented in the story mode as a homage to the Megaman games.

Basically in the story mode there are robotic knock offs of the original 8 characters from Super Smash Bros, each guarding a fortress from intruders in separate rooms. Basically you need to defeat them all in any order to progress, similar to the recurring boss rush feature in Dr. Wily's Castle.

I even came up with parody names of the robots.

Jump Man
Gorilla Man
Dino Man
Blade Man
Copy Man
Bounty Women
Mouse Mon
Fox Man

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think the "Smash Masters" idea could be implemented in the story mode as a homage to the Megaman games.

Basically in the story mode there are robotic knock offs of the original 8 characters from Super Smash Bros, each guarding a fortress from intruders in separate rooms. Basically you need to defeat them all in any order to progress, similar to the recurring boss rush feature in Dr. Wily's Castle.

Jump Man
Gorilla Man
Dino Man
Blade Man
Copy Man
Bounty Woman
Mouse Mon
Fox Man
Fixed just for you. ;)

I had a similar idea in the event matches thread, where Megaman fought all the robotic characters like they were Robot Masters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have no idea who those robots are

Are they real?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm partially Mega Man being able to defeat an opponenent and by pressing Down B, switching to a copy ability.

For example, defeating Mario will give him a red and blue outfit and pressing neutral b will allow him to shoot out fireballs. Pressing down B without defeating an opponent while in copy mode erases the copied move.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I believe there has been 2 new megaman games I never played. Apparently with a mermaid and a sheep.

I don't know what else weird things they could have added

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of like Sheep man. He reminds me of Ampharos and the sheep dream eater in Kingdom Hearts 3DS

Edit: There is someone named HORNET MAN in this game, and you mock me for not telling if those fake names were from Mega man 9/ 10 or not!?!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've only seen Sheep Man's design, but he looks pretty cool.

As a little bonus, it'd be pretty cool to see Mega Man lose in a stamina match by doing that exploding thing when he loses a life in the classic games. Just as an added touch.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone besides me much rather than me have megaman from Megaman battle network
I played the battle network games. If this was the ONLY way for him to get in I wouldn't mind it. But classic Megaman is much more wanted.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Eh. I rather take a Robot Master over a Net Navi.

Jump Man
Gorilla Man
Dino Man
Blade Man
Copy Man
Bounty Women
Mouse Mon
Fox Man
I had different names in mind.

Jump Man
Kong Man
Weapon Man
Hunt Woman
Dino Man
Copy Man
Blast Man
Mouse Man

What do you think?

PressStart

Smash Cadet
Since people keep talking about giving the Smash Bros. veterans Robot Master names, I have to post some old art of mine!

I drew this one more recently, based off Sakurai's comments on limiting the roster for Smash Bros. 4.

This one is an older (and larger) drawing, and features more veterans as Robot Masters.

I originally wanted to finish it off and make it look like this promo art for Marvel Vs. Capcom, but I never did!

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Since people keep talking about giving the Smash Bros. veterans Robot Master names, I have to post some old art of mine!

I drew this one more recently, based off Sakurai's comments on limiting the roster for Smash Bros. 4.

This one is an older (and larger) drawing, and features more veterans as Robot Masters.

I originally wanted to finish it off and make it look like this promo art for Marvel Vs. Capcom, but I never did!
That's a nice picture, PS. The Designs are better than what I would have figured. Giving that Yellow Rat an Astro/Galaxy-like visor. Nice.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I like how well DK transitioned to Robot Master.

D

Deleted member

That's a pretty good interpretation of the situation.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

PressStart

Smash Cadet
I support Mega Man. I haven't played a Mega Man game in like 4 years, and I'm not a hard core fan but I've always liked playing them.

Also, you guys probably already seen/played this but I've just found this free Mega Man mod of Doom (I think it's Doom) and it's multiplayer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4re3tJ09rWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ZYyhrf9y8
Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch is actually going to be getting a Mega Man 8 update later this year, adding even more Robot Masters, weapons, and levels. CutmanMike (the main dude behind it) has managed to create a whole community around the game that plays and help builds on to it.

I even helped work on it, but just a bit! The game needed a lot of custom graphics, for all of the rotations you see on the Robot Masters. So, I got to sprite a few of them, like Elec Man's. It's way more fun to play than work on it, though!

gazpacho146

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking maybe he could be a Kirby/Samus mix. (Not completely copying Samus. That'd be laaaaaaaame.) He has chargable buster shots, but he should be able to move while charging. And when you KO an opponent, you can get their B smash or something. And you could use the taunt buttons to switch. Because you can't have more than 4 characters brawling at a time, Mega Man could have 3 taunts at the start, and say he killed 2 people, he would have 1 taunt left, but if he pressed the button of a taunt that had been removed, he would switch to their B move. And pressing the same button again will result in going back to regular buster shots. Any thoughts?

PressStart

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking maybe he could be a Kirby/Samus mix. (Not completely copying Samus. That'd be laaaaaaaame.) He has chargable buster shots, but he should be able to move while charging. And when you KO an opponent, you can get their B smash or something. And you could use the taunt buttons to switch. Because you can't have more than 4 characters brawling at a time, Mega Man could have 3 taunts at the start, and say he killed 2 people, he would have 1 taunt left, but if he pressed the button of a taunt that had been removed, he would switch to their B move. And pressing the same button again will result in going back to regular buster shots. Any thoughts?
I would definitely love to see some of these ideas if Mega Man makes the cut!

It seems like most characters in Smash Bros. are frozen or severely slowed down while charging attacks, which makes me wonder if there's an underlying game design philosophy in Smash Bros. to not have non-punished charges. In the Mega Man games, holding down shoot to charge and hearing the looping charge noise were both sort of annoying, so I can understand if this got changed up, somehow.

The weapon-copy idea is something that I feel a lot of people want to see, but it's hard to imagine the best way to implement it. I'm all for having callbacks to old weapons though, like the Rolling Cutter and Leaf Shield.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Switching between B moves would be interesting. If the next smash introduces a new attack button for characters that usually carry around several weapons (Link, Toon Link, Samus, Mega Man, etc.), then the devs wouldn't have to remove taunts. Unless you ment that his taunts let him switch between B moves at will?

If Mega Man can charge his B move while moving, then it should be fair if Samus is can as well.

gazpacho146

Smash Rookie
Switching between B moves would be interesting. If the next smash introduces a new attack button for characters that usually carry around several weapons (Link, Toon Link, Samus, Mega Man, etc.), then the devs wouldn't have to remove taunts. Unless you ment that his taunts let him switch between B moves at will?

If Mega Man can charge his B move while moving, then it should be fair if Samus is can as well.

Yes. That's what I meant. The taunts switch between B-moves (with the exception of Kirby's. Maybe it could be his Up-B instead.) And if he doesn't have a weapon in that slot, maybe he could look at the screen and shrug. I really hope he can be in the next Smash. I feel he is certainly more deserving than Sonic.. (Sorry, Sega.)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized

Megaman is actually Astro Boy.

Think about it

Status
Not open for further replies.