• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I think that megaman's charge could be easily publishable because unlike Lucario's and Samus' charge shots once they have it charged they can still move and attack and use the full charge whenever they want. With Megaman I think that you should have to hold "b" in order to keep your charge and if you try to attack while charging, or if you're hit while charging your shot is lost. That way Megaman is limited in the sense that when he is charging he cannot attack at all until he shoots, and he wouldn't be able to use the doge or roll like Samus and Lucario can to save their charge, if he doges or rolls he would simply lose his charge shot. I would assume he would obviously have the strongest charge shot but at the same time it would be the most limiting. While charging he could only run and jump thus making him more susceptible to losing his charge shot but because it's the most powerful it's still the most dangerous so it would be an even trade off.

As for the copy ability I think it should be similar to kirby's in the sense that it's a one off thing. I think trying to implement something where he has multiple copied abilities would make him to over powered. It would be something where the left/right b or the down b would be the copy ability. It would be something where Megaman grabs his opponent copies their ability and tosses them and then the buster shot is replaced with the new shot. This shot however would not be chargeable like his normal buster shot. Unlike Kirby however it wouldn't be a direct copy of the power it would be a variation of that power. Example if you copy Captain Falcon you wouldn't get the falcon punch but more like you would shoot flaming fists instead, something that is an obvious copied ability but not a direct copy like Kirby. And these copied abilities would obviously do more damage than the normal buster shot because if they didn't then it would be pointless to give up the power of the charge shot in favor of a copied ability. With a copied ability you could rack up damage easier but you lack the KO potential of the charge shot but you'll still have other KO moves so it's still worth it. I would also like to think that the ability you copy from each character isn't necessarily limited to only their neutral b move. By which I mean that you can only copy one ability from each character but that ability might not be their neutral b like from link you copy his bomb instead of his arrow, Samus her missiles, Olimar you shoot pikmin like objects, Fox is a type of reflector, and etc... This would definitely make sure that Megaman doesn’t feel like a Kirby clone.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We all know that Mega Man can copy powers from mechanaloids and other robots. But, won't it be too weird for him copying off an orginaic/living being like Link or Mario? :/

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Megaman should just have his abilities to begin with because without them he'd have a rather bland moveset. It's not like Samus only gets the abilities she starts most metroid games out with.

D

Deleted member

Instead of copying his opponents, he should just use various Robot Master attacks in his moves.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That's how I'd imagine Mega Man would play, though I did find the power changing mechanic to be a little redundant since Mega Man already had varies power in his moveset. Personally I would of replaced it with a power involving the varies shield powers for both offense and defense purposes. I would also replace the Proto Shield with Crash Bomber/Remote Mine or Break Dash.

D

Deleted member

@PsychoIncarnate:

I'm not the only one to notice that. Both have their own charm that makes them unique from each other.

Personally, I'd love to see Mega Man and Astro Boy team up. It makes too much sense.
We all know that Mega Man can copy powers from mechanaloids and other robots. But, won't it be too weird for him copying off an orginaic/living being like Link or Mario? :/
Yeah it would. Which is why I'm not expecting Mega Man to have his copying ability if he becomes playable. Then again, stranger things has happened.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The first Mega Man game was originally going to be a licenced Astro Boy game, but due to complications with obtaining the license it instead was reworked with original characters and was released as Mega Man. Mega Man and Dr. Light in particular were designed as homages to their Astro Boy equivalents.

So yes, Mega Man and Astro Boy being similar is not a coincidence.

D

Deleted member

So it's kind of like the whole Popeye/Bluto/Olive Oyl = Mario/Donkey Kong/Pauline thing eh?

D

Deleted member

The Mega Man franchise was also influence by Casshan. Look at Casshan and Mega Man X and the comparison should come together pretty easily.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Instead of copying his opponents, he should just use various Robot Master attacks in his moves.
Agreed. Otherwise, Mega Man's power stealing ability will basically be the same as Kirby's. Quite frankly, I don't want that. Also, I WANT THE METAL MAN METAL BLADES!!!!

Seriously, those blades are freaking epic. Also, so is the Elect Man Blast!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
JK: You mean Thunder Beam? Yeah. I consider it Megaman's weakness since it kills in two hits if fired by Elecman.

But I agree, movesets should be based on Robot Master weapons- though since there's so many MM-games to choose them from, it might get bit difficultish (or Mega could get a copy ability function like Kirby, but instead of copying his foe, he gets a robot master weapon reminiscent of them- for example Mario would give Fire Storm )

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Some of Mega Man's attacks should also take inspiration from Marvel vs. Capcom. I'd imagine Hyper Mega Man being Final Smash material in particular.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Some of Mega Man's attacks should also take inspiration from Marvel vs. Capcom. I'd imagine Hyper Mega Man being Final Smash material in particular.
Sorry, nothing personal, but MvC Megaman is awful and reeks of wasted potential and I will have nothing of it. Despite having the most moveset potential for just about any character ever, they made more than half the moveset up and added a poorly done weapon change gimmick with Eddy. >_>
(one of the reasons I'd bet that he wasn't in MvC3)

Anyway I'm pretty sure that the weapons he'll have will be ones that add to his gameplay, so no Metal Blades or any other Mega Buster variant. Also maybe not a shield weapon such as the Leaf Shield, it could work, but I'm just not seeing it making a good transition for Smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
JK: You mean Thunder Beam? Yeah. I consider it Megaman's weakness since it kills in two hits if fired by Elecman.
Thunder Beam, Elect Blast... we all know the attack I'm talking about. It's freaking awesome! Two directions at once? That's pretty sweet. Really, Robot Master moves as "power stealing" is the most efficient and original way to go. Why not do it=??? Besides, if you don't want the Metal Man Blade Shooter, you don't know what you're missing out on! :cool:
Oh God no. That game's depiction of Mega Man was SO HORRIBLE made babies all around the world cry out in agony. Let's not do that again. ;)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I found this video (Egoraptor's "Did You Know Gaming?" on Mega Man) to be interesting and relevant.

In it, apparently they state that Mega Man is blue because of the NES' limited 56 (high definition) colors. Because the NES only had 56 colors, they could only choose certain colors. Because blue colors are the most common, Mega Man became blue. And thus, Mega Man in the blue bomber. And thus, the Blue Bomber SHOULD SHALL appear in Smash Bros. WiiU and/or 3DS. Because quite frankly, we don't got a blue Blue Bomber (or possibly a Blue Bomber at all) without the NES! :grin:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yes we need more blue people running around in Super Smash Bros. killing non-blue things. We have to please the Happy Happyism movement with more blue people, get onto it!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A blue celebration will be in need if WHEN Mega Man is confirmed in smash bros!
And by blue, I meaning a bombing party, not a sad, depressing one!
IT WILL BE A GLORIOUS VICTORY FOR ALL OF HUMANITY AND CYROBGANITY ALIKE!!!
Beautiful noises shall subsequently play from the skies. Including this.
Dr. Wily will give up his quest for taking over the world and will stop build evil Robot Masters.
The Robot Masters will become outstanding citizens, and help build a better world.
Someone will find a cure for Roll to make her not totally annoying.
Mega Man Legends 3 will be brought back, and will be worth the wait.
Mega Man 11 be a thing, and will be the greatest entry in the series.
The entire world shall celebrate like the birth of its' first child.
We all shall jump and shoot (like Mega Man) with great happiness.
Wars shall end as a result, and people will focus all their fighting in smash bros. Peace shall reign.
And best of all, WE CAN FORGET THAT THE TRASH THAT IS MEGA MAN STAR FORCE EVER EXISTED!!!
(hey, a guy can hope, right=??? MEGA MAN FOR SMASH BEACHES!!!) :laugh: :chuckle: :rotfl: :lick:

D

Deleted member

Johnknight should change his text color to cyan if Mega Man gets in. Just to be in the spirit, I will as well (as well as change to a Mega Man SSB4 avatar for a short while).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Johnny, I just thought you were one of those users who abuse their mind and grammar in most ridiculous ways possible. (-0_o-);
I've abuse many things, especially gravity, jumping, shooting, and grammar. ;) :smirk: :lick:
Johnknight should change his text color to cyan if Mega Man gets in. Just to be in the spirit, I will as well (as well as change to a Mega Man SSB4 avatar for a short while).
I'd rather choose this color of blue. It still is a Mega Man-ish color. :)

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Alright mega man NEEDS to be in smash 4. His inclusion will make the storyline much better. I can just picture it. Hopefully the smash team helps him defeat some of the mavericks of repliforce, namely magma dragoon!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, your apparently for X being included.

I'm for Mega Man being included. THE Mega Man. Rock.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A dragon robot or yellow devil battle would be freaking epic in smash bros, as would really any Dr. Wily robot.

Seriously, Mega Man and Super Smash Bros. is simply put a perfect match. It is literally impossible to do it wrong.

D

Deleted member

A dragon robot or yellow devil battle would be freaking epic in smash bros, as would really any Dr. Wily robot.

Seriously, Mega Man and Super Smash Bros. is simply put a perfect match. It is literally impossible to do it wrong.

...or alternatively, a crappy moveset like MvC1 and MvC2. :smirk:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know what ain't right? Somehow Nintendo would do more justice to Mega Man then Capcom themselves. With only one game.

...Let that sink in for a second.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
You know what ain't right? Somehow Nintendo would do more justice to Mega Man then Capcom themselves. With only one game.

...Let that sink in for a second.
Winning. It's really surprising just how true this is.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Habanero, that post is so freaking on the spot, it's sad. The way Capcom is going, they need to go through huge management/executive changes, whether by means of the board of directors, a company buyout, the the company folding.

Personally, I still want Capcom to remain, just not the idiots running it into the ground.

Also, this was my 8,888th post! YESSSSS!!! 8 is my favorite number by the way! :grin: Also, "Mega Man" has 8 spaces in it... if you count the space! :shades:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
8 was also the number that introduced us to Dr. Fudd and Mega Women.

"WEH HAF TWO STOP DOCTA WAHWEE FOM WECOVEING DA EAVIL ENEGY, MUEGA MAN!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom